WvW Legendary Ring Conflux

Arzurag.7506

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/looking-ahead-to-spring-summer-and-the-future/

Anet just announced multiple things to get exited about, most notably the mentioning of a third expansion.

But there´s also the announcement for a legendary ring that´s only earnable in wvw and an amulett that you get through pvp.

Now, there are some similarities between all legendaries, in terms of what they require to be build, but I´m quite interested here what we will need to craft the ring conflux. Probably some of these legendary spikes that have no further use are needed or maybe another dedicated reward-track needs to be finished, hopefully without unlocking it with gold.

Anyway, it all sounds very exiting and maybe invigorates the mode more.

Is this the expansion to get for new elite specs that they'll nerf over two years and then take away two dodges?

In other words, is this the expansion to get the new mesmer elite spec to unf mesmers so they can spend the next two years fing mesmers again and then removing two dodges?

If not, not interested.

> @"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:

> Pretty exciting. Assuming this and the PvP trinket build upon the previous legendary trinkets, I am interested to see what 5 will look like together. The fact that the floating caca is not the final form is reassuring.

Is that the one that looks like a floating kidney bean?

> @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> "looks at my 32k Tickets" I bet we dont need them or just like 250.

LMAO probably. But you will need 1k of a new currency time gated at 100 per week only available through a reward track unlocked in a pve map after unlocking all mounts and having all current pve masteries maxed out. Oh and you should probably start hoarding silver ore, not ingots though, just ore....

> @"DemonSeed.3528" said:

> > @"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:

> > Pretty exciting. Assuming this and the PvP trinket build upon the previous legendary trinkets, I am interested to see what 5 will look like together. The fact that the floating caca is not the final form is reassuring.

>

> Is that the one that looks like a floating kidney bean?

Yes...lol.

First note, that the WvW Ring and the PvP Amulet will complete the Legendary set of trinkets (one from LS3, one from LS4 and one from Raids).

All of them use a Mystic Tribute, so we can assume the WvW Ring will use it too (Msytic Coins, Clovers and T6 fine mat gifts)

An easy way would be to reuse the Gift of Warfare & Gift of Conquering from the Warbringer Backpack and a new "precursor" purchase via Skirmish Tickets similar to Warcry/Wings of War

That would make the ring be available without a time gate.

For an artificial time gate, they could add a "purchase only once per matchup" vendor for the item that will be bouhg with Skirmish tickets.

I would hate to see the requirement of an item, that needs you to reach a "high level" chest (like a Platinum or Diamond chest), because it will exclude a big part of the WvW player base that does not play WvW for many hours each week.

> @"Arzurag.7506" said:

> > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > Likely a lot of skirmish tickets.

>

> as long as the required amount is not 10.000, I would be fine with that.^^

Can't realistically be more than the back piece, so use that as a guesstimate.

> @"Gorani.7205" said:

> That would make the ring be available without a time gate.

What hints at ANET wanting to do that? I mean that would be preferable, but my inner jaded being bets the precursor will require 25 thingamabobs, and you can earn 1 in the final tier pip chest for Platinum, Mithril and Diamond.

> @"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:

> Pretty exciting. Assuming this and the PvP trinket build upon the previous legendary trinkets, I am interested to see what 5 will look like together. The fact that the floating caca is not the final form is reassuring.

Apparently they're not going to mix with the current 3 from PvE, just rumours though...

> @"dceptaconroy.7928" said:

> Yeah I'd be keen if it doesnt add to the constellation and has an independent look/effect of it's own.

Not happening. The names of both the PvP amulet and the WvW ring are very much in line with that theme. The third one might look bad, but there's still a lot of room to have some really good 4th and 5th combinations.