Thoughts on the CoR change?

Lahmia.2193

> @"Linnar.6032" said:

> Yeah I know it doesn't match the indicator, but the indicator itself is 1200 range. Also here's the moving while casting bug they re-added. This was first added in the skill change in 2019 and was eventually fixed, but I guess they accidentally added it again

>

> https://i.imgur.com/5ON1JV2.gifv

>

i didnt think they fixed that one, but yeah I am surprised this being here still. I didn't notice it during testing today.

It seems like they merged the old cor with the newer one its janky af.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coalescence of Ruin is **awful to use**. It feels awful and works even worse.

I think the skill needs a complete rework as currently it serves no purpose in the Hammer skillset. It's just a 1200 range (not really 1200) attack. (not really attack). Either rework CoR instead putting bandages all over it, or rework the entire weapon.

Shortbow just started to feel more useful than the Hammer. Though they're on the same level of buggines and use-experience.

As I said on Reddit, this is disappointing, but then it's likely only going to irritate the dozen or so people who still use hammer in WvW. Meanwhile my Rev wears PvE gear now plays a Renegade in T4 fractals - at least there his abilities make sense and are fun to play (minus Sword 4 and Staff 5 ofc).

I don't see why Arenanet feels to necessity to make sure the soldier professions have terrible ranged weapons across the board.

Warrior Rifle is bad and the ammo system didn't help much. Longbow is only ok in Condition builds.

Guardian Longbow and Scepter both are terrible.

Revenant Shortbow is bad and Hammer keeps getting worse.

> @"LucianDK.8615" said:

> You know, CoR got Smiters booned clearly.

> For those whom doesnt remember, in gw1 the skill of the name existed, and they gave up on balanceing it. So they nerfed it into oblivion to discourage people from using it at all.

Nah it's way different.

If CoR got smiters booned it would be the same skill with 25 energy cost and 25 sec recharge. But they actually thought they were doing good things with CoR last fall and now this spring. That's just scary but also not limited to CoR or even Rev.

> @"Linnar.6032" said:

> Yeah I know it doesn't match the indicator, but the indicator itself is 1200 range. Also here's the moving while casting bug they re-added. This was first added in the skill change in 2019 and was eventually fixed, but I guess they accidentally added it again

>

> https://i.imgur.com/5ON1JV2.gifv

>

i could watch that all day xD

> @"Justine.6351" said:

> > @"LucianDK.8615" said:

> > You know, CoR got Smiters booned clearly.

> > For those whom doesnt remember, in gw1 the skill of the name existed, and they gave up on balanceing it. So they nerfed it into oblivion to discourage people from using it at all.

>

> Nah it's way different.

>

> If CoR got smiters booned it would be the same skill with 25 energy cost and 25 sec recharge. But they actually thought they were doing good things with CoR last fall and now this spring. That's just scary but also not limited to CoR or even Rev.

Plus, Smiter's Boon was only nerfed out of existence in competitive, it still worked in PvE thanks to skill splits. A closer fit would be all those passive traits which were given 5-minute recharges in competitive modes.

> @"Fueki.4753" said:

> I don't see why Arenanet feels to necessity to make sure the soldier professions have terrible ranged weapons across the board.

> Warrior Rifle is bad and the ammo system didn't help much. Longbow is only ok in Condition builds.

> Guardian Longbow and Scepter both are terrible.

> Revenant Shortbow is bad and Hammer keeps getting worse.

To be fair, most of ranged weapons in this game are garbage:

* You have longbow Ranger variants which works in some game modes and are solid, but the condition-oriented short bow, which isn't bad at all, is totally eclipsed by the longbow, so almost no Ranger uses it. I would love the Renegade's crap bow to be replaced by the one which the ranger doesn't use.

* The rifle from the deadeye is only strong in a couple of niche task. You can gank with it, or use in single target oriented raids, but outside that is subpar. The shortbow is used as mainly as a mobility tool; the damage is too low and energy cost too high to turn it a dps weapon.

* Both scepter and longbow from Guardian are painfully slow; scepter is mostly used as a mele weapon which occasionally can switch to long range at dangerous fights in raids and fractals.

* Warrior´s rifle now that uses ammo is worse than ever; the long bow works well but as you said only in condition builds, which usually aren't meta, so you hardly see one.

I feel that only Engineer (and LB ranger) and the cloth classes have a decently designed ranged weapons. And if you look at WvW, only Necros are meta at that role (now that hammer Rev is disabled). But let's be real: Rev currently has so much problems just in terms of bugs that makes it unplayable that the fact that the hammer is now a wasted slot is just a minor inconvenience. Didn't touch the hammer builds in a year.

> @"Justine.6351" said:

> Rofl they were happy to fix Cor damage pretty fast!

> But yeah I noticed it was actually doing something the few times it actually landed.

Well yeah, obviously if a Rev inflicts damage with a hammer, it's a bug, and must be fixed. No worries ANET, I got the message a months ago.

yeah, after mangling staff 5, hammer 5, and now this... rev really isnt in a great spot in wvw at the moment :(

TBH just rework hammer 2 and 5 completely at this point imo... or delete the weapon all together and just straight up tell us you want us playing burn scepter core guardians for ranged play