Ranger barrage inside structures

Blackfish.7349

Dear ANET, when are you going to fix the inconsistent ability from rangers to throw a longbow barrage inside an enemy structure? By inside, I mean deeply inside. Some time in the past you fixed this ability from arrowcarts, so now they can barrage top walls but not inside, why rangers can still do it? Are their arrows different?

> @"Balthazzarr.1349" said:

> The whole point of barrage is to shoot a volley of arrows high in the air and OVER a structures in an arc that then falls on your enemy. Working as designed and desired. Is pretty easy to step out of the way too.

???? man, the problem is not to avoid it, the problem is that barrage destroys all siege you place in the structure, no matter where, it will reach it. Arrowcart also shots a volley and cannot hit INSIDE the structure. It cant be designed to hit siege placed BEHIND the door!

> The whole point of barrage is to shoot a volley of arrows high in the air and OVER a structures in an arc that then falls on your enemy. Working as designed and desired. Is pretty easy to step out of the way too.

well, following that logic, meteors fall from the sky. Shouldn't Meteor Shower

a) have a greater range

and

b) utterly ignore line of sight, walls, even hills?

> @"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:

> > @"Balthazzarr.1349" said:

> > The whole point of barrage is to shoot a volley of arrows high in the air and OVER a structures in an arc that then falls on your enemy. Working as designed and desired. Is pretty easy to step out of the way too.

>

> well, following that logic, meteors fall from the sky. Shouldn't Meteor Shower

> a) have a greater range

> and

> b) utterly ignore line of sight, walls, even hills?

Every time an ele casts a meteor shower in the desert borderland the sky should go dark and all the dinosaurs should die.

> @"Justine.6351" said:

> > @"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:

> > > @"Balthazzarr.1349" said:

> > > The whole point of barrage is to shoot a volley of arrows high in the air and OVER a structures in an arc that then falls on your enemy. Working as designed and desired. Is pretty easy to step out of the way too.

> >

> > well, following that logic, meteors fall from the sky. Shouldn't Meteor Shower

> > a) have a greater range

> > and

> > b) utterly ignore line of sight, walls, even hills?

>

> Every time an ele casts a meteor shower in the desert borderland the sky should go dark and all the dinosaurs should die.

OMG, this gets my vote 10x over.

This is why i hate whiney players who dont get the idea that your suppose to move out of range of barrage, and thats the whole point of destroying siege inside a structure. its to move em off siege so your side can use rams at the gate. Simply by removing this mechanic wont solve a thing except more who will whine bout something else ranger related. if they dont l ike it then they can switch to another class or just not play. Hey, its our fun too that your interrupting

Rangers train for a very long time to hone their skills. It might seem unreasonable but if you sit down and think about it, it makes a lot of sense. You can't emulate it on arrow carts because the average joe isn't the same level of marksman as a ranger.

It is kind of weird that rangers using arrow carts are limited though. Arrow carts should probably do more damage and have less LoS limitations when used by a ranger.

edit: (From the wiki) "Rangers rely on a keen eye, a steady hand, and the power of nature itself. Unparalleled archers, rangers are capable of bringing down foes from a distance with their bows."

> being the only one who can ignore line of sight?

That's not true. Guardian Staff 5 also has no LoS restrictions, no it doesn't do damage but you can knock people off siege etc if you place it well enough. I'm sure Torch 5(?) on Necro also ignores LoS restrictions as does some skills in Shroud on Core Necro.

Disclaimer: I don't play Necro so i could be wrong and they may have fixed the things i've mentioned.

> well, following that logic, meteors fall from the sky. Shouldn't Meteor Shower

> a) have a greater range

> and

> b) utterly ignore line of sight, walls, even hills?

Nah dude did yu see what the heck walls, gates and 50% of the structure is made of?

1 Meteor Shower should just set everything on fire and burn it down in the matter of seconds.

anet removed LoS from the skill, why I have no idea.

What is funny is people suggest a shot of arrows up should be able to go over walls....Yet even ARROW CARTS can't do what rangers can, nor can DH LB5, which is the same type of skill, that is raining down arrows, yet LB5 on DH is so bugged by LoS it will have issues casting over the slight bulge in a bridge, or a small piece of grass on flat land....But ranger LB5, well, it can cast clear over walls.....OK....

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Barrage

I dunno man, seems like a stretch to say that's the whole point of the skill. Wiki say it was meant to "barrage the target area with a hail of arrows that cripple" so the point seems to be aoedamage/soft CC in my opinion. Dont see anything about how they intended it to interact with walls or structures in WvWvW specifically but under patch history for may 2018 it does say that they "Fixed a bug that prevented this skill from being targeted in certain areas blocked by line of sight." Problem with saying it works as intended is that they dont specify whether or not those areas included the other side of a structures wall etc or not.

It is easy to avoid though, right about that.

> @"Teratus.2859" said:

> There are many spots where seige can be placed and nothing can reach them.. if anything that is more of an issue than being able to barrage over a door.

>

> Protect your seige or loose it is how it's supposed to/should be.

That's fine.

However all range skills need to be this way then, including DH LB5 and ele meteor etc.

Re-emphasizing this foR those that didn’t read it:

> @"Sleepwalker.1398" said:

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_updates/2018-05-08#Ranger

>

> They did this in 2018. You just found now?

> @"Jski.6180" said:

> It dose not seem to need LOS any more as far as i can tell i am not sure if its a bug or not though its been that way for some time.

> @"cobbah.3102" said:

> Zoom Hack alive and well!!!

> @"vanflyheight.6832" said:

> This is why i hate whiney players who dont get the idea that your suppose to move out of range of barrage, and thats the whole point of destroying siege inside a structure. its to move em off siege so your side can use rams at the gate. Simply by removing this mechanic wont solve a thing except more who will whine bout something else ranger related. if they dont l ike it then they can switch to another class or just not play. Hey, its our fun too that your interrupting

Clearing siege off the walls? Sure. I think what the OP is talking about is Barrage hitting a Catapult that was built next to the supply hut, aimed at the gates...way far away from the wall.

> @"TinkTinkPOOF.9201" said:

> > @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > There are many spots where seige can be placed and nothing can reach them.. if anything that is more of an issue than being able to barrage over a door.

> >

> > Protect your seige or loose it is how it's supposed to/should be.

>

> That's fine.

>

> However all range skills need to be this way then, including DH LB5 and ele meteor etc.

Agreed they should, ground targetted Aoe are ment to lay down preassure and cause people to either leave the AoE or use barriers/shields etc to negate the effect.

With seige you got those shield generators to protect them but I rarely see them used in defense much, mostly I see them used for protecting rams and players on the attack from defensive arrow carts etc