Why buy chairs?

I can think of many other things I would rather spend my gold/gems on.

I don't have enough time to hang around a stationary place to "pull up chair and take a load off." To me they are only good if you are going afk and want to look "cool" to everyone who passes by.

I haven't seen too many people use them, but I guess they must sell to still be on the market.

For those of you who adore them, let me know why. What am I missing?

Or did you buy one (or more) and now regret the purchase.

I honestly have no idea. I bought one on a whim. I was bored, had some free gold/gems laying around, and it was a spur of the moment purchase. Ya know, I was in line, I saw it on the shelf, and gawdamnit, the marketing department dunked on me right there on the spot. I've probably used it a handful of times, and every time, it reminds me how superfluous the purchase was. It's utterly useless. Do NOT buy the damn chairs!

> @"notebene.3190" said:

> Not enough outfits (I care for) and I still like supporting the game. If there were to change things up, I wouldn't buy so many chairs. :)

What if there were a wardrobe you buy (like the chairs), step into it, and at intervals jump out striking a pose wearing a different outfit? Kind of like Clark Kent stepping into a phone-box and coming out as Superman. Or wearing a pink tu-tu? Or a Viking?

I bought that Norn-themed chair because my main is a Norn and I like the idea of her having a big old Norn throne to sit on with a wolf and furs and weapons around it.

I've also considered pulling the trigger on that Inquest hover chair for my Asura, who isn't Inquest but is a gadget lovin' professor type who would probably have a fancy tech chair to sit in while she's doing her programming.

So mostly, it's cosmetics and roleplay, in other words.

To be fair, there's quite a bit of downtime in this game if you're into certain content. I'm doing collections and waiting for speciffic events to spawn. I can gather everything in the area, but I can't go to far, so I have a seat and wait. It's another way to customize a character.

I want to get in a good Teq map so I get there early. Or TD. Or DS. Plenty of downtime there.

It's like anything else. I don't really need to buy outfits, since I have so many already. I don't need to buy minis. I have a ton of mount skins. It's just another thing to differentiate characters from other characters.

> @"Floppy.4936" said:

> I instantly regret buying my only chair when I found out they don't work in the Mistlock Sanctuary as chairs are technically classed as mounts :/

I was somewhat disappointed with that myself. I actually thought my key binding was broke or chair was not equip.

The worst part about chairs are the postures and faces that characters do while sitting in them.

I'd rather stay and have a proper looking mimic than sit on a throne and have that stupid-looking smile my characters do.

And Charr in chairs look like they are constipated.

> @"Game of Bones.8975" said:

> I can think of many other things I would rather spend my gold/gems on.

> I don't have enough time to hang around a stationary place to "pull up chair and take a load off." To me they are only good if you are going afk and want to look "cool" to everyone who passes by.

>

> I haven't seen too many people use them, but I guess they must sell to still be on the market.

>

> For those of you who adore them, let me know why. What am I missing?

>

> Or did you buy one (or more) and now regret the purchase.

Okay, I have no excuse. I said the same exact thing when chairs became a thing. Why do I want to pay for a stupid chair? And I don't even know how it happened, but I was joking with a friend and I tried to buy her a chair as a joke because we were making fun of how silly it is. Well, I don't know what I was doing, but I accidentally bought the chair for myself. And then she bought a chair in solidarity. And now I think we each have like 3 chairs in our chair collection? WT-actual...Yeah, I have a...chair collection.

So, yeah. Watch out for that.

Edit: FWIW, I have absolutely no regrets about purchasing my SAB chair. I am such a big SAB fan, though! I could do without that chair I purchased by accident. It's that norn chair with the wolf attached to it? It looks nice, I guess. But the only reason I don't regret that purchase is it's such a funny story and now we laugh about it and break out our stupid chairs we never thought we'd have!

Is this an endorsement of chairs? Not really. But honestly, I'm going to spend some cash to support the game while I play it. I could buy dumber things than a chair. Not many. But I think if we get creative? As always, YMMV.