Mystic Coins - TP

You probably realized already that the price of the MC has reached new lvls. While it was somewhat stable on 1,5g- 1,6g - some "Gold Barons" are right now manipulating the market so the MC are reaching a new Standard of 2g at the very moment. I dont know why it is Mystic Coins they are picking or if they are just bored, but 1 Mystic Coin for 2 gold and thats probably not even their endgoal is way too much.

So here is a cry for hope towards the playerbase: please dont order mystic coins in the next time! 1,5g is already high enough considering its been around 1g-1,1g for most of the time, but if we order MC on top of the ~80.000 ordered mystic coins by the Barons, then its never going to drop again. Mystic Coins are luckily obtainable by doing fractals, logging in daily so there are permanently coming new mystic coins into the market so all we have to do is waiting a bit. For the sake of each legendary item you are planning to build in the future, stay patient and dont order MC for now!

If you‘re not planning to build any legendaries anymore and don‘t want some of the unique mystic forge skins it is a blessing in disguise.

Free log in gold is pretty nice.

I welcome our MC manipulating TP overlords! Make the prices surge even higher!

> @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> Another possibility is that people came back recently, what with the loss of jobs, the stay at home orders and the announcement of a new expansion and they are crafting items that use up mystic coins, which is driving up prices.

that too but those orders are kinda too properly placed. 12 hours ago there have been thousands of mystic coins on the selling side for less than 2 gold, now there was a 20k order and the selling side obv a lot higher. the spikes are too high for a general demand

The price has been increasing steadily since February. I'm not sure why exactly, but this isn't a new thing and given the number of trades involved in that time I doubt it's just a few people doing it. (If you look at the total data the price has been on a general upwards trend since November 2015.)

It might be related to people making more legendaries, in anticipation of the legendary armoury system Anet are apparently developing. Or it might just be fewer people selling them. I've seen lots of comments that various materials are cheaper than ever, and the gold to gems price has dropped from around 140-160g for 400 gems to about 124g for 400 gems recently, so maybe people just need less gold and aren't as quick to sell their coins?

Whatever the reason if you need mystic coins the best approach is probably to make sure you log in once a day for the login rewards, keep hold of the coins you get and maybe wait to make whatever you're using them for so you don't need to buy them. But if you have mystic coins you're not using now could be a good time to sell.

This is pretty much why I horde and avoid buying as much as possible.

Usually when I need something the prices suck and are too high.. but when I want to sell stuff they suck and are too low..

The only items I can make decent bank on are Mystic Coins so I do sell them when I need some quick gold but then when I need em.. don't have em so horde horde horde as much as I can lol.

That normal mats went cheaper may have stipulated leggy-building. But MC-supply is linear to player login in, so if the player-base is konstant and build more leggies, mystic coins have to go up.

And as you need around 250 MC (if you don't get the clover by Pvp/WvW reward track) per leggy, thousands of MC are only a handful of leggies ;)

Hopefully, the low cost of many materials is stimulating increased demand for Legendaries, but an increased demand for Legendaries isn't necessary to explain MC price increases. Even if the demand for Legendaries remains static, decreased demand for lower tiers and the subsequent reduction in the cost of more basic materials will drive and increase in MC price.

The total demand for Legendaries is a total amount of gold or available work. At any given time there is X amount of work dedicated to creating Legendaries. As the cost of many materials shrinks the available work or gold shifts. Since MCs have a regular but inelastic supply, they increasingly become the target of total available work. This will hold true even if the total cost to create a Legendary shrinks.

We also don't need market barons to explain the increase.

just 5 min ago there have been new orders of each more than 10.000 mc placed to fortify the price of 1,9g. that is a handful of people driving it up or even just 1. so this is definitely not a natural demand of mystic coins.

this is a game of goldbarons vs playerbase. luckily the playerbase - no matter if you need mc or not - is on the same side. those who dont need mc can sell it right now for the probably highest amount of gold per mystic coin and those who need mystic coins should just wait for it to regulate itself down. actually the only players who could mess this up right now is those who need mystic coins and are impatient. there is enough people who have been hording mystic coins and just waited for that exact spot so more mystic coins can hit the market. the orders of 20.000 of 2gold has been vanished within 30 min after that post, the next order of 1,88g of 12k was down to 3,8k ordered coins before it got re-ordered.

so again for all that need mc, keep your patience. order the mc for prices between 1,5g and 1,6g. and those who dont need mc, if you waited for the right spot to sell them, that is it ^^

> @"Jayden Reese.9542" said:

> MC is currency for any high ticket item over the TP max. 1 say Chak infusion would be 20k gold or like 10k MC so it could honestly be 1 dude getting enough MC not some crazy TP baron conspiracy but either way we get 20 for free per month just logging in

Your theory is boring though, and barely worth a forum discussion. Better to talk about the Tyrian Illuminati and their iron grip on our virtual economy.

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> the gold to gems price has dropped from around 140-160g for 400 gems to about 124g for 400 gems recently, so maybe people just need less gold and aren't as quick to sell their coins?

that would be the opposite.

gold -> gems becomes cheaper if more people are buying gold with gems so people are needing more gold not less

> @"Dayra.7405" said:

> That normal mats went cheaper may have stipulated leggy-building. But MC-supply is linear to player login in, so if the player-base is konstant and build more leggies, mystic coins have to go up.

>

> And as you need around 250 MC (if you don't get the clover by Pvp/WvW reward track) per leggy, thousands of MC are only a handful of leggies ;)

clovers can also be obtained through the Drizzlewood repeatable achievements

There's no way in hell I'm paying 2g+ per mystic coin. While it's great for those who aren't making legendaries, and are selling them from the dailies, it's nice profit for the person in general, but for those of us who are slowly working towards an expensive legendary, it's gotten to the point where the 1% ultra rich are constantly dominating and manipulating the market, and it seems Anet is perfectly fine with that.

I personally think it's gotten out of control and Anet needs to add more ways of getting mystic coins - even account bound ones, if they want to continue to support the 1% ultra rich in this game, and not do anything about this price manipulating BS.

> @"Zaoda.1653" said:

> I personally think it's gotten out of control and Anet needs to add more ways of getting mystic coins - even account bound ones, if they want to continue to support the 1% ultra rich in this game, and not do anything about this price manipulating BS.

> @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> clovers can also be obtained through the Drizzlewood repeatable achievements

They just did ;)

well everyone, out of curiosity ive kept track on what was happening on the MC side today ever once in a while. and meanwhile there are 100.000 ordered mystic coins for 1,9 Gold. If people here really think that is a wild conspiracy theory against the goldbarons or that its natural supply vs demand - go ahead :D

anyway, i was kinda happy people actually hold tight and stopped ordering for that price, idk if its because of that forum post or bec they actually thought about all that themself and we kinda managed to force those nice people from the 1% to actually invest more and more and more in the attempt to stabilize the price on 1,9 Gold.

Basically everything stays the same. If you are on the need-side and stay patient, youll win. if you are on the sell-side and sell now, youll win. but i have to admit, that my nose litterally started bleeding when i saw the 100.000 MC order for that price. Just thinking about it how much capacity these people actually have and thats only what they are willing to risk losing if things go downwards.

Anyway @ everyone who actually rechecked what i was saying and spread the word, thank you for that, lets see how this is going to turn out.

> @"Zaoda.1653" said:

> There's no way in hell I'm paying 2g+ per mystic coin. While it's great for those who aren't making legendaries, and are selling them from the dailies, it's nice profit for the person in general, but for those of us who are slowly working towards an expensive legendary, it's gotten to the point where the 1% ultra rich are constantly dominating and manipulating the market, and it seems Anet is perfectly fine with that.

>

> I personally think it's gotten out of control and Anet needs to add more ways of getting mystic coins - even account bound ones, if they want to continue to support the 1% ultra rich in this game, and not do anything about this price manipulating BS.

You can also get an additional coin per day from ley line anomaly which ends up being a 240% increase compared to just getting them from login rewards but how many people are doing that?

> @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > @"Jayden Reese.9542" said:

> > MC is currency for any high ticket item over the TP max. 1 say Chak infusion would be 20k gold or like 10k MC so it could honestly be 1 dude getting enough MC not some crazy TP baron conspiracy but either way we get 20 for free per month just logging in

>

> Your theory is boring though, and barely worth a forum discussion. Better to talk about the Tyrian Illuminati and their iron grip on our virtual economy.

It's literally the currency used for trade on external websites since the TP listings are capped at 10k gold but some items in the game are worth more than that, particularly rare infusions, so they can't be sold on the TP for their worth.

This isn't some tinfoil hat thing, its been established for years ever since Globs of Ectoplasm tanked.

They're also used to bypass the 500g per player limit.

supply/demand, not manipulation

it has increased since people came from corona shutdown and they wanna craft now not in 10 months

also was the 2 legendary released, some people are crafting 2 rings per character if not multiple characters

I finished everything for conflux today, and login/dropped coins were far from enough, went for broke, and still 48 coins left to finish legendary

if you want to see market manipulation look at 10,000g infusions people only sell on forums for 20k/25k while hoarding some back to keep market high

> @"Jayden Reese.9542" said:

> > @"Vancho.8750" said:

> > There is a rumor that the upgraded stormcaller weapons would need mystic coins and some people know.

> >

>

> That would be dumb to add another sink instead of a bunch t6 mats that they handing out in the new map. The fact that anyone would "know" is disturbing too

Well they haven't added that many new legendaries, so they are adding gold sinks all over the place. If the upgrades are exotic it would be a waste if it is ascended at the same cost as the rest ascended weapons it wouldn't be so bad. About anyone knowing it is just a rumor and the only way to prove it, is if ends up true when the weapons come out.

https://gw2efficiency.com/tradingpost?filter.search.term=mystic%20coin

(wait a little for loading and click graph shaped detailed information button)

if you guys like digging in check 16th december 2015 and compare it with the next day. someone bought 120k mystic coins for 15 silvers that day lol.

I'm no pro trader, I can't analyze it in detail, but I'd love hear someone can, for fun.

Barons or general shenanigans are both possible, but it's more likely the barons as they stated in the video with Wooden Potato that MC are the new currency for them. It's not a mistake that the price has been inflated, it's them getting the most bang for their shiny, golden buck. This is a similar scheme as to De Beers diamond selling scheme. They inform the public how to make gold, that they want people to make gold like them, then artificially restrict the item to bloat prices higher. The sudden high orders is them restricting the supply to only themselves to help drain the general public, which in turn will only drive up the prices higher of the damn things. While right now is the best time to sell, it's one of the worst times to buy.

However, my qualm with this tactic (a bit scummy, but otherwise brilliant from a playing the market view) is that it's really screwing up the ability for some people to actually craft legendary items. You think I'm going to buy coins at this price? I'm sorry, but hell no. I'm not made of gold, and my want for Ipos is outweighed by the fact that I want to enjoy this GAME and not play a stock market simulator. Now that's me, a person who is over five years invested into this game. What do you think it looks like for new players who are looking to finally, at long last, make their first legendary? God help them if they want to do any of the gen 2 ones.

We need more sources of coins to level the market out. They USED to be 50 silver each. The gold sink of legendary weapons were the icy runestones/mystic tributes at 1 gold each once upon a time (And we were floored by that price, believe it or not!). The economy might never get them back to that price, but they shouldn't be this expensive. Put them as a guaranteed reward for t4 fractals of 1 per fractal, 2 if you do a CM. Raid bosses could drop one each. PvP and WvW reward tracks should have one of the tracks give maybe 5 as part of the final reward (Gift of Battle track would be perfect for this as it also drops clovers). Daily Anomaly is nice, but to balance the market in a meaningful way, we need alternative methods so these cursed TP barons can't artificially inflate the market like this. It's restricting the ability to get new people to make their own legendary weapons, or even armour if they don't have clovers.

Anet refusing to remove the 10k gold TP limit and then even supporting people who got scammed in high value trades is part of the reason why MC is so expensive - it's used as a currency in trades. That being said, people crafting a lot of legendary items in anticipation of the Lege armory and people stocking up on Mystic coins for the actual release of the feature is also part of it I guess.