We need a time of the month where we can raid pve players in a pve rich environment

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, if you want to do PvP in PvE, i suggest you should try ESO in the Imperial City map, it might be fullfill your starvation.

And for the result, this mode call 'PvEvP' is kind a desolate and has slightly players join in this map.

The one thing that can persuade PvE player to join is event, and even with the event, the number of players that play in this map is still low.

So, it can show the simple about "This IDEA" is not gonna work at all.

As I read through this thread, I couldn't help but think we already have what OP eventually claimed to want:

- an instanced area that players voluntary join

- a mechanism to split players into at least two opposing sides

- NPC and map-based objectives and combat, including boss or boss-like targets

- the ability to use the full PvE gear system rather than sPvP

- opportunity to engage in small-scale skirmishes or large fights

No troll, that's genuinely WvW, imo.... Assuming OP was sincere when backpedaling away from the ganking-in-PvE themes.

Now, @HnRkLnXqZ.1870's idea about a Mist War, that's new, and admittedly could be neat! No clue how that would get implemented well, though.

I'm not for open pvp in pve maps so for that you can go pvp, wvw or duel in guild hall or sun's refuge with pve skills.

However, as you mentioned pk at a worldboss.... get a group to bjora marches, advertise as fail drakkar meta on purpose and you will get a little time for open world pk. Theres videos of this around. But ye do make own group and advertise it as fail before you get angry pve faces that want to succeed the meta instead (or screw the pk for you).

> @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> No. If you read the premise it's a special instance whereby it's pk. Players can choose not to go there but forego the incentive. :)

What the hell is wrong with you. This area is already in existence and is called WvW.

If you want to kill people, go there and meet the other lunatics.

> @"Kurrilino.2706" said:

> > @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > No. If you read the premise it's a special instance whereby it's pk. Players can choose not to go there but forego the incentive. :)

>

> What the hell is wrong with you. This area is already in existence and is called WvW.

> If you want to kill people, go there and meet the other lunatics.

If you read the OP carefully, you'll find one big difference between the OP's suggestion and actual WvW, and that's the "3x loot and good drops" aspect. So, this is basically just another "WvW is unrewarding" thread.

> @"Obfuscate.6430" said:

> - You can register for the Mist Invasion like you can register for sPvP games. You pick your profession and your preferred rank (Elite, Champion,

> Legendary) and role (tank, support, dps).

No one would choose Elite or Champion.

Everyone would choose Legendary.

There would be infinite queues for legendary positions.

People would complain they can never do the event because all the Legendary slots are always already taken.

There would be infinite complain about balance, wether one side or the other almost always win.

> @"Blanche Neige.7241" said:

> > @"Obfuscate.6430" said:

> > - You can register for the Mist Invasion like you can register for sPvP games. You pick your profession and your preferred rank (Elite, Champion,

> > Legendary) and role (tank, support, dps).

>

> No one would choose Elite or Champion.

> Everyone would choose Legendary.

> There would be infinite queues for legendary positions.

> People would complain they can never do the event because all the Legendary slots are always already taken.

> There would be infinite complain about balance, wether one side or the other almost always win.

To me, that says more about the players than the content.

> @"Manasa Devi.7958" said:

> > @"Kurrilino.2706" said:

> > > @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > > No. If you read the premise it's a special instance whereby it's pk. Players can choose not to go there but forego the incentive. :)

> >

> > What the hell is wrong with you. This area is already in existence and is called WvW.

> > If you want to kill people, go there and meet the other lunatics.

> If you read the OP carefully, you'll find one big difference between the OP's suggestion and actual WvW, and that's the "3x loot and good drops" aspect. So, this is basically just another "WvW is unrewarding" thread.

Well than make WvW 10x rewarding.....

I don't see what all that has to do with PvE

> @"Manasa Devi.7958" said:

> > @"Kurrilino.2706" said:

> > > @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > > No. If you read the premise it's a special instance whereby it's pk. Players can choose not to go there but forego the incentive. :)

> >

> > What the hell is wrong with you. This area is already in existence and is called WvW.

> > If you want to kill people, go there and meet the other lunatics.

> If you read the OP carefully, you'll find one big difference between the OP's suggestion and actual WvW, and that's the "3x loot and good drops" aspect. So, this is basically just another "WvW is unrewarding" thread.

Personally, i doubt it. To me it seemed to be a complain that the people he fights with in WvW are ready for a fight and know how to defend themselves. So, it's more in the vein of "i need some easier targets, because i don't really like to PvP if i don't have an advantage"

> @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > @"Manasa Devi.7958" said:

> > > @"Kurrilino.2706" said:

> > > > @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > > > No. If you read the premise it's a special instance whereby it's pk. Players can choose not to go there but forego the incentive. :)

> > >

> > > What the hell is wrong with you. This area is already in existence and is called WvW.

> > > If you want to kill people, go there and meet the other lunatics.

> > If you read the OP carefully, you'll find one big difference between the OP's suggestion and actual WvW, and that's the "3x loot and good drops" aspect. So, this is basically just another "WvW is unrewarding" thread.

> Personally, i doubt it. To me it seemed to be a complain that the people he fights with in WvW are ready for a fight and know how to defend themselves. So, it's more in the vein of "i need some easier targets, because i don't really like to PvP if i don't have an advantage"

>

Why not both?

> @"IndigoSundown.5419" said:

> > @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > > @"Manasa Devi.7958" said:

> > > > @"Kurrilino.2706" said:

> > > > > @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > > > > No. If you read the premise it's a special instance whereby it's pk. Players can choose not to go there but forego the incentive. :)

> > > >

> > > > What the hell is wrong with you. This area is already in existence and is called WvW.

> > > > If you want to kill people, go there and meet the other lunatics.

> > > If you read the OP carefully, you'll find one big difference between the OP's suggestion and actual WvW, and that's the "3x loot and good drops" aspect. So, this is basically just another "WvW is unrewarding" thread.

> > Personally, i doubt it. To me it seemed to be a complain that the people he fights with in WvW are ready for a fight and know how to defend themselves. So, it's more in the vein of "i need some easier targets, because i don't really like to PvP if i don't have an advantage"

> >

>

> Why not both?

Because in the scenario the OP mentioned, the PvP players would not be getting a lot of rewards. Those, according to his proposal, would have been attached to PvE metas, which the PvP players would _prevent_ from succeeding

> @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > @"IndigoSundown.5419" said:

> > > @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > > > @"Manasa Devi.7958" said:

> > > > > @"Kurrilino.2706" said:

> > > > > > @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > > > > > No. If you read the premise it's a special instance whereby it's pk. Players can choose not to go there but forego the incentive. :)

> > > > >

> > > > > What the hell is wrong with you. This area is already in existence and is called WvW.

> > > > > If you want to kill people, go there and meet the other lunatics.

> > > > If you read the OP carefully, you'll find one big difference between the OP's suggestion and actual WvW, and that's the "3x loot and good drops" aspect. So, this is basically just another "WvW is unrewarding" thread.

> > > Personally, i doubt it. To me it seemed to be a complain that the people he fights with in WvW are ready for a fight and know how to defend themselves. So, it's more in the vein of "i need some easier targets, because i don't really like to PvP if i don't have an advantage"

> > >

> >

> > Why not both?

> Because in the scenario the OP mentioned, the PvP players would not be getting a lot of rewards. Those, according to his proposal, would have been attached to PvE metas, which the PvP players would _prevent_ from succeeding

>

The OP's wording doesn't restrict the better loot to PvE players.