So now there are bots for soulbeast and scrapper

Adzekul.3104

It was bad enough that we have a mesmer bot, and so many mesmers using it in Silver (and maybe also gold, if I believe what I am told). But now we have bots for longbow Soulbeast and hammer scrapper.

It is just so incredibly sad and disappointing that nothing is done to cleanup the mess that is the lower tiers of GW2 SPvP. There will be no new blood advancing out of bronze and silver into gold and platinum because the bots create a glass ceiling. No human can carry 4 bots.

Please clean up this mess Anet. Put CMC on the job. He will fix it.

> @"Adzekul.3104" said:

> It was bad enough that we have a mesmer bot, and so many mesmers using it in Silver (and maybe also gold, if I believe what I am told). But now we have bots for longbow Soulbeast and hammer scrapper.

>

> It is just so incredibly sad and disappointing that nothing is done to cleanup the mess that is the lower tiers of GW2 SPvP. There will be no new blood advancing out of bronze and silver into gold and platinum because the bots create a glass ceiling. No human can carry 4 bots.

>

> Please clean up this mess Anet. Put CMC on the job. He will fix it.

every profesion that can work in a continuos closed rotation or in a high burts "oneshot" shit can be scripted easily and work

I've seen multiple for scrapper. But if you run the cheesy flamethrower build with perma stab and busted damage and might stacks there really isn't any scripting involved. Maybe for movement with an occasional toolbelt reflect or incendiary ammo and healing turret pop. Otherwise it's just 11111111111111 and profit.

The fact that it even still exists is just a testament to the current state of this game mode. I had a scrapper the other day running a different build somehow daze/interrupt every ability I had for like 3 minutes straight. I mean he's pretty good at holo anyway, but what a terribly annoying thing to fight when they're running around with countless reflects, perma stab, and barrier that takes up half their health bar. :angry:

Soulbeast seems like it would be a pretty bad choice for a bot though. Core ranger or druid on the other hand.... I guess any class can be really though, just depends on how much scripting the person writing the program wants to do.

I don't know if you've played World of Warcraft but I tried it out for the first time in years awhile back and they had a whole pvp event weekend where you were literally going up against a team of AI bots. It was pretty insane how intelligent they were. And the combat isn't nearly as intricate as can be in GW2 so I imagine the potential in GW2 could be much higher.

> @"Bazsi.2734" said:

> > @"Adzekul.3104" said:

> > Put CMC on the job. He will fix it.

>

> You have such an unreasonable degree of optimism and trust... I envy you. Also, don't read the patchnotes.

>

>

Fool me once, shame on you.

Fool me twice, shame on me.

Fool me repeatedly, get promoted to team lead at ArenaNet.

> @"Bazsi.2734" said:

> > Put CMC on the job. He will fix it.

>

> You have such an unreasonable degree of optimism and trust... I envy you. Also, don't read the patchnotes.

>

>

its not a cmc patch its a karl patch. its so obvious that i rly dont get why ppl jump on cmc. he had basicly no saying in this.

additionally the mentioned frequent balance updates of cmc were also blocked by the pve team lead by karl.

> @"shinta.8906" said:

> > @"Bazsi.2734" said:

> > > @"Adzekul.3104" said:

> > > Put CMC on the job. He will fix it.

> >

> > You have such an unreasonable degree of optimism and trust... I envy you. Also, don't read the patchnotes.

> >

> >

>

> its not a cmc patch its a karl patch. its so obvious that i rly dont get why ppl jump on cmc. he had basicly no saying in this.

> additionally the mentioned frequent balance updates of cmc were also blocked by the pve team lead by karl.

Well Anet BenP already explained PvP balance will be the priority.

> @"shinta.8906" said:

> > @"Bazsi.2734" said:

> >

> > You have such an unreasonable degree of optimism and trust... I envy you. Also, don't read the patchnotes.

> >

> >

>

> additionally the mentioned frequent balance updates of cmc were also blocked by the pve team lead by karl.

_**LITERALLY**_ Why? Do they INTENTIONALLY like making their game worse? Is this some type of company wide masochism towards ensuring your game is never fully enjoyed properly?

> @"shinta.8906" said:

> > @"Bazsi.2734" said:

> >

> >

> >

>

> its not a cmc patch its a karl patch. its so obvious that i rly dont get why ppl jump on cmc. he had basicly no saying in this.

I don't really care what excuses there are at this point. The game is in the middle of a major rework that was stopped, in the middle of elite spec reworks/tradeoff assigments that stopped, traitlines riddles with placeholders(300 second cooldown passives LoL), and not only do they not balance between seasons, they started doing midseason balance patches again.

I don't care who's behind it. This is a joke.

> @"Adzekul.3104" said:

> It was bad enough that we have a mesmer bot, and so many mesmers using it in Silver (and maybe also gold, if I believe what I am told). But now we have bots for longbow Soulbeast and hammer scrapper.

>

> It is just so incredibly sad and disappointing that nothing is done to cleanup the mess that is the lower tiers of GW2 SPvP. There will be no new blood advancing out of bronze and silver into gold and platinum because the bots create a glass ceiling. No human can carry 4 bots.

>

> Please clean up this mess Anet. Put CMC on the job. He will fix it.

The surprise is to find humans in ranked not scraper and soulbeast bots.

> @"georgessj.4198" said:

> > It was bad enough that we have a mesmer bot, and so many mesmers using it in Silver (and maybe also gold, if I believe what I am told). But now we have bots for longbow Soulbeast and hammer scrapper.

> >

> > It is just so incredibly sad and disappointing that nothing is done to cleanup the mess that is the lower tiers of GW2 SPvP. There will be no new blood advancing out of bronze and silver into gold and platinum because the bots create a glass ceiling. No human can carry 4 bots.

> >

> > Please clean up this mess Anet. Put CMC on the job. He will fix it.

>

> The surprise is to find humans in ranked not scraper and soulbeast bots.

i'm surprised there are actual players left in ranked i would have swear all were bots and unranked. I'm for sure not playing anymore until this clownfiesta is fixed.

> @"cptaylor.2670" said:

> I've seen multiple for scrapper. But if you run the cheesy flamethrower build with perma stab and busted damage and might stacks there really isn't any scripting involved. Maybe for movement with an occasional toolbelt reflect or incendiary ammo and healing turret pop. Otherwise it's just 11111111111111 and profit.

>

> The fact that it even still exists is just a testament to the current state of this game mode. I had a scrapper the other day running a different build somehow daze/interrupt every ability I had for like 3 minutes straight. I mean he's pretty good at holo anyway, but what a terribly annoying thing to fight when they're running around with countless reflects, perma stab, and barrier that takes up half their health bar. :angry:

>

> Soulbeast seems like it would be a pretty bad choice for a bot though. Core ranger or druid on the other hand.... I guess any class can be really though, just depends on how much scripting the person writing the program wants to do.

>

> I don't know if you've played World of Warcraft but I tried it out for the first time in years awhile back and they had a whole pvp event weekend where you were literally going up against a team of AI bots. It was pretty insane how intelligent they were. And the combat isn't nearly as intricate as can be in GW2 so I imagine the potential in GW2 could be much higher.

I'm curious how GW2 is any more intricate combat? They are both absolute faceroll 3 button rotations these days with the occasional cooldown.

I know what event you're talking about, and those bots are atrocious, they just zerg and get destroyed. Most games end up 1500 - 400 tops with you on the winning side, its ez to spawn trap them. The bots in GW2 are far more effective than any in WoW because this game you do far more instant damage with much less button presses where WoW has ramp time and rotations.

You will literally never see a bots in WoW arena nor has there ever been , now ask yourself why that is because they certainly exist in both games, but its only an issue in the "more intricate" one? xD . I have only seen them in battlegrounds and they are literal trash and ez to spot, plus has an actual report system which kicks them out of a match and fills with another player but maybe thats not a fair comparison cuz this game literally just has 1 pvp mode and its more equivalent to arena than bgs.

The bots in this game are only as effective as they are because damage is less predictable and far more front loaded and incredibly easy to dish out with the amount of toxic gameplay that exists which is just so faceroll and requires 0 effort its almost unbelievable. This game has too many abusive mechanics which botters would be creaming for because they can actually win games.

> @"Khalisto.5780" said:

> When we have bots of all 9 classes anet could gatter them up and make get a tutorial for new comers instead of throwing them against 4 man plat pt off hours

I genuinely think something like that would be nice for the game for complete noobs dipping their toes in the water.

> @"shinta.8906" said:

> > @"Bazsi.2734" said:

> >

> >

> >

>

Idk, seems to have cmcs style of uneven sweeping nerfs with absolutely 0 forethought. I guess this patch didnt fuck up the game as badly as the february patch did, but thats not much of an indicator.

> @"UNOwen.7132" said:

> Idk, seems to have cmcs style of uneven sweeping nerfs with absolutely 0 forethought. I guess this patch didnt kitten up the game as badly as the february patch did, but thats not much of an indicator.

he can only tweek numbers not change skills hence the 300 s traits instead new once. the only things of the latest patch he prolly tweeked was nade coefficient.

karls way of balance is introducing new skills/traits instead of getting stuff right. u know, the way u end up with several broken things instead of acknowledging u messed up. this is how mo and he placed the game in the pit were it is atm.

> @"shinta.8906" said:

> > @"UNOwen.7132" said:

> > Idk, seems to have cmcs style of uneven sweeping nerfs with absolutely 0 forethought. I guess this patch didnt kitten up the game as badly as the february patch did, but thats not much of an indicator.

>

> he can only tweek numbers not change skills hence the 300 s traits instead new once. the only things of the latest patch he prolly tweeked was nade coefficient.

>

Plenty of skills were changed in the february patch. He did the 300 s traits because he didnt want to put in the effort to make actually good change.

> karls way of balance is introducing new skills/traits instead of getting stuff right. u know, the way u end up with several broken things instead of acknowledging u messed up. this is how mo and he placed the game in the pit were it is atm.

Nah. The current state is on CMC. The february megapatch fucked up PvP *badly*, and started a renewed downward spiral. That patch was the worst one PvP had ever seen.

> @"Shiyo.3578" said:

> Can this incredibly minor vocal minority stop flaming the feb patch? you are doing nothing but making the game worse

>

Yes, its a "vocal minority". Thats why the poll about whether people preferred the pre-patch meta or the post-patch meta had 60% decide that the old meta was better, most of them not saying anything. Its not a vocal minority. Its the silent *majority*. As we also see from the fact that post-patch, the playerbase started plummeting again. No, the one making the game is worse is *you*, who denies how awful the patch was, and obstructs any attempt at fixing the mess.

> The feb patch is the BEST patch GW2 has ever gotten. I'd say it's the only REAL patch this game has ever gotten for balance, tbh.

Ah yes, of course. The patch that killed diversity, both in classes and playstyles, the patch that reduced damage far below even pre-HoT level introducing *major* powerdip (which is similar to powercreep, only inverse and *much worse*), the patch that as a result reduced the sidenoding meta to knockbacks and waiting for +1, with no one ever dying, the patch that rendered dozens of traits and skills unusable, was "the best patch GW2 has ever gotten". You dont believe that rubbish yourself, do you? Its the worst patch GW2 has ever gotten, and its not even *close*. Thats also why the population is now in freefall.

Edit: I almost forgot that this was also the patch so bad, it lead to people synchronised dancing instead of fighting. In the only major tournament weve had for a while. Now that is a bad sign.

People were either invul or dead pre-patch. This game was really bad for anyone who wasn't the best of the best player and IMPOSSIBLE to get into and learn due to how high damage and invul/evade/dodge uptime was. Feb patch absolutely had to happen.

Now if they'd delete condi rev, condi thief, and grenade holosmith from existence this game would be a lot better. However, ranger and necro are still far, far, far FAR too easy and I cannot tell the difference between a just installed gw2 ranger/necro and a rank1.