The new infusion

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The price is quite volatile right now but at least based on the first post it has already dropped in price by a huge chunk. If people continue to play in Drizzlewood the price will continue to fall since the north meta drops quite a few of the shards which is the most expensive component.

> @"Solanum.6983" said:

> I get them wanting it to be rare since it's obtainable to everyone but 20k gold worth... Yikes.

> If you convert that gold to gems and then to dollars, that's around $650 for some shiny skin.

It is not 20k. It is already down to around half that. It was 8.3k when I checked earlier. Now it is 11.4k. If you impatient enough and must have it now then sure it might cost that much.

> @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> The price is quite volatile right now but at least based on the first post it has already dropped in price by a huge chunk. If people continue to play in Drizzlewood the price will continue to fall since the north meta drops quite a few of the shards which is the most expensive component.

>

> > @"Solanum.6983" said:

> > I get them wanting it to be rare since it's obtainable to everyone but 20k gold worth... Yikes.

> > If you convert that gold to gems and then to dollars, that's around $650 for some shiny skin.

>

> It is not 20k. It is already down to around half that. It was 8.3k when I checked earlier. Now it is 11.4k. If you impatient enough and must have it now then sure it might cost that much.

When I checked it was 20k but yes I suppose it's going to fluctuate for a while until it settles. Still at 10k, even 5k In my opinion it's an absurd price for what it is but I suppose that's personal preferance.

> @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> The price is quite volatile right now but at least based on the first post it has already dropped in price by a huge chunk.

It's down because the wiki updated the material requirements, it's still ~500 times more expensive as it should be.

> @"Tails.9372" said:

> > @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > The price is quite volatile right now but at least based on the first post it has already dropped in price by a huge chunk.

> It's down because the wiki updated the material requirements, it's still ~500 times more expensive as it should be.

>

That is a pretty simple problem though. If there is something that you think is not worth the price then don't try to get it.

> @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > @"Tails.9372" said:

> > > @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > > The price is quite volatile right now but at least based on the first post it has already dropped in price by a huge chunk.

> > It's down because the wiki updated the material requirements, it's still ~500 times more expensive as it should be.

> >

>

> That is a pretty simple problem though. If there is something that you think is not worth the price then don't try to get it.

Except my problem isn't with the item but with the underlying content design. If something fails to add a sufficient amount of replay value to the content then it's just a waste of resources. They've done good job with the raid infusions but they constantly screw up when it comes to the OW ones.

25,000 shards at 32s each will probably go down as much more enter the market. But 10,000 ectos is not new so stable prices, and it's price at 19s for 1900 gold, plus 300 for the other mats that are also not new, and that already places this infusion into the absurd category over all the other infusions.

Was this designed by the same dev who did the old wvw achievements? lol. Along with a sad reward track for wvw, (while we've had heated discussions about lack of wvw rewards in the wvw section for the past week, nice timing adding more salt to the wound). Adding guaranteed exotic weapon drops in blc. So what's the plan now, priority adding stuff for tp flippers and cc swipers?

> @"JUN YANG.4328" said:

> i rather try my luck on crystal or chak infusion . this infusion tells me this is a pay to win game. :( good work anet.

Pay to win is becoming so diluted of a phrase now because how people like this are using it. This is not even close to the definition of pay to win. Good god.

> @"Lilyanna.9361" said:

> > @"JUN YANG.4328" said:

> > i rather try my luck on crystal or chak infusion . this infusion tells me this is a pay to win game. :( good work anet.

>

> Pay to win is becoming so diluted of a phrase now because how people like this are using it. This is not even close to the definition of pay to win. Good god.

whatever. i am not spending 20k gold or $600 for this.

> @"JUN YANG.4328" said:

> > @"Lilyanna.9361" said:

> > > @"JUN YANG.4328" said:

> > > i rather try my luck on crystal or chak infusion . this infusion tells me this is a pay to win game. :( good work anet.

> >

> > Pay to win is becoming so diluted of a phrase now because how people like this are using it. This is not even close to the definition of pay to win. Good god.

>

> whatever. i am not spending 20k gold or $600 for this.

Then don't, but don't misinform people and call it pay to win. Simple.