Thumbs up for the otter!

I just wanted to say well done to the team who made the Otter Enrichment. Even tho I am not fan of otters myself the effect looks really dope and imho it's one of the best if not the best non gemstore/BL chest effect that was added to the game in last weeks even months maybe.

It's only pitty that the same team didn't do the legendary trinkets. Having like bronze and silver dragon flying around would be way more "legendary" than 7 balls over your head.

I only wish I could finally proceed with my achievements to get it, but I will have to remain patient until they have fixed whatever issue caused them to temporarily disable progress.

I've seen a video of it and can't wait to get my hands on it. :+1:

> @"Fir.7932" said:

> It's only pitty that the same team didn't do the legendary trinkets.

Agreed.

161/320

Also looking forward to this enrichment.

Minor Spoilers as far as this collection goes:

>! Remember, the new charged weapons give 10 progress when salvaged. For anyone going for the 16 weapons, that's basically 1/2 way to the enrichment (though currently still a bit expensive). The 2 commendation tracks should get completed 2 times each (4 completions total, for the entire set of 16 recipes) while doing the meta a couple of times (which yields between 10-15 progress depending on drop Luck).

>!

>! So assume a total of 10-15 meta completions if all 16 weapons are crafted and salvaged.

>!

>! The Blessing of the Otter has a small chance to give an additional chest which yields 250 commendations upon use. Nice to push the commendations track a bit, but let's face it, this will take its time especially with the length of the meta.

Good Luck.

> @"AgentMoore.9453" said:

> As cute as the otter is, it's a very big effect. It rivals the size of most mail carriers, in fact.

>

> Watching that thing zipping around just makes me wish even harder that we had a 'show/hide player effects' toggle. After all, the next one might be neon.

Agreed...we will definitely need a way of hiding this kind of unwanted/intrusive content. I use to play Terra Online...very nice game, 'til one day the developer inexplicably decided to introduce police car mounts into the game!

Within days of this catastrophic move 10's of thousands of players had quit the game. MMO developers/publishers need to be very heavily regulated to prevent these kinds of abuses from ever occurring.

> @"GW Noob.6038" said:

> > @"AgentMoore.9453" said:

> > As cute as the otter is, it's a very big effect. It rivals the size of most mail carriers, in fact.

> >

> > Watching that thing zipping around just makes me wish even harder that we had a 'show/hide player effects' toggle. After all, the next one might be neon.

>

> Agreed...we will definitely need a way of hiding this kind of unwanted/intrusive content. I use to play Terra Online...very nice game, 'til one day the developer inexplicably decided to introduce police car mounts into the game!

Within days of this catastrophic move 10's of thousands of players had quit the game. MMO developers/publishers need to be very heavily regulated to prevent these kinds of abuses from ever occurring.

>

I get the desire not to have more flashy things totally, but at least the otter fits because it's connected as a spirit of the wild and is in the story as a lesser spirit. For that I can pretty much not worry about it personally

That video though....

> @"Fir.7932" said:

> It's only pitty that the same team didn't do the legendary trinkets. Having like bronze and silver dragon flying around would be way more "legendary" than 7 balls over your head.

It certainly is better than "legendary septic tank" with no sign of upgrading to a better looking combination. WvW and PvP trinkets ruined that.

I was a bit disappointed when I did my 13 or so metas, including salvaging the entire weapon set, to find out others were able to get all of the otter blessings in half that number of metas without even needing to mess with the weapon collection through an exploit.

I really wish they looked out for exploits like these especially those that have occurred multiple times in the past. I don’t know how big their team was for this episode but I’m kind of shocked something like this was missed.

I’m still hoping that they reduce the time between the animations so it’s a bit more noticeable but not necessarily in the way as other infusions/auras.