Don't even try to get the Legendary Vision Accessory

ZolV.4536

Just did the south meta on NA. No lag or any kind. I had everything on high settings too. I suggest adjusting your settings to something that your PC can handle and most importantly setting player model limit to the lowest setting.

Edit:

Just did north. It’s slightly more FPS intensive than south but still manageable. Reducing the player model limit removed any FPS issues altogether. No skill lag.

I should also mention that during both of these metas, not once did I see anyone complain about lag.

@Ayrilana: you are lucky in the NA.

Im playing on EU. Everyone on map was lagging. People on chat are joking that even chat is lagging and "LAG BOSS" is killing everyone.

So and im 100% sure it is not GW2 client problem.

P.S. I'm on high end PC

P.S.2 I found some bug reports on "Account & Technical Support" section. People are reporting that "many other maps" are "totally unplayable"

Good Luck people on your Vision journey

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> Just did the south meta on NA. No lag or any kind. I had everything on high settings too. I suggest adjusting your settings to something that your PC can handle and most importantly setting player model limit to the lowest setting.

>

> Edit:

>

> Just did north. It’s slightly more FPS intensive than south but still manageable. Reducing the player model limit removed any FPS issues altogether. No skill lag.

>

> I should also mention that during both of these metas, not once did I see anyone complain about lag.

It’s an EU problem judging by the number of reports on it since April

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > Just did the south meta on NA. No lag or any kind. I had everything on high settings too. I suggest adjusting your settings to something that your PC can handle and most importantly setting player model limit to the lowest setting.

> >

> > Edit:

> >

> > Just did north. It’s slightly more FPS intensive than south but still manageable. Reducing the player model limit removed any FPS issues altogether. No skill lag.

> >

> > I should also mention that during both of these metas, not once did I see anyone complain about lag.

>

> It’s an EU problem judging by the number of reports on it since April

I can bet there is an issue in the EU server farm, the rollback showed us there is something fucked, they patched it but i know it will repeat again at some point, since the laggy maps show that the issue is not fully fixed.

Tinfoil hat theory: there are bots/hackers sending metric shit ton of bad requests to the servers.

> @"Vancho.8750" said:

> Tinfoil hat theory: there are bots/hackers sending metric kitten ton of bad requests to the servers.

Common Tinfoil Hat Theory in game chat seems to be that ANet are using EU servers for barbeques during this summer lockdown...

> @"Taril.8619" said:

> > @"Vancho.8750" said:

> > Tinfoil hat theory: there are bots/hackers sending metric kitten ton of bad requests to the servers.

>

> Common Tinfoil Hat Theory in game chat seems to be that ANet are using EU servers for barbeques during this summer lockdown...

>

Please tell me they aren’t barbecuing the hamsters.... ?

> @"Taril.8619" said:

> > @"Vancho.8750" said:

> > Tinfoil hat theory: there are bots/hackers sending metric kitten ton of bad requests to the servers.

>

> Common Tinfoil Hat Theory in game chat seems to be that ANet are using EU servers for barbeques during this summer lockdown...

>

Aren't most ANet employees based in the U.S.? Little chance of them coming over here this summer.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> Just did the south meta on NA. No lag or any kind. I had everything on high settings too. I suggest adjusting your settings to something that your PC can handle and most importantly setting player model limit to the lowest setting.

>

> Edit:

>

> Just did north. It’s slightly more FPS intensive than south but still manageable. Reducing the player model limit removed any FPS issues altogether. No skill lag.

>

> I should also mention that during both of these metas, not once did I see anyone complain about lag.

I love how People still to this date say that it must been the players PC.

The Lags are not FPS related, they are network related, and they are not related to any ISP aswell, since it happens atleast in Europe for players from a lot of different countries, so it is Server-side.

> @"melody.2601" said:

> I love how People still to this date say that it must been the players PC.

> The Lags are not FPS related, they are network related, and they are not related to any ISP aswell, since it happens atleast in Europe for players from a lot of different countries, so it is Server-side.

Minor technical point , there is a difference between network and “server side”. They are two separate things that should not be lumped into one category.

Server side issues would have to do with ANET’s use of AWS and how much processor power is out into making all the various game calculations, or just as importantly, how efficiently the software has been written to utilize the server resources.

Network has to do with everything siting in between the client and the server, which will include Amazon’s own internal network, routers, firewalls as well as the various network providers in between including, but not limited to, players’ local ISP. Problems here can be from large amounts of congestion, prioritization of some data over others, bandwidth bottlenecks, and a whole host of other things that can go wrong.

Client side software and hardware provide the third potential for game lag which may be from underperforming processing and/or video processing or software issues. Often on a client side security software can cause problems if it is poorly designed or configured.

> @"Vancho.8750" said:

> > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > Just did the south meta on NA. No lag or any kind. I had everything on high settings too. I suggest adjusting your settings to something that your PC can handle and most importantly setting player model limit to the lowest setting.

> > >

> > > Edit:

> > >

> > > Just did north. It’s slightly more FPS intensive than south but still manageable. Reducing the player model limit removed any FPS issues altogether. No skill lag.

> > >

> > > I should also mention that during both of these metas, not once did I see anyone complain about lag.

> >

> > It’s an EU problem judging by the number of reports on it since April

> I can bet there is an issue in the EU server farm, the rollback showed us there is something kitten, they patched it but i know it will repeat again at some point, since the laggy maps show that the issue is not fully fixed.

> Tinfoil hat theory: there are bots/hackers sending metric kitten ton of bad requests to the servers.

>

It is probably an architectural issues which would make it harder to fix.

Just guessing based on how some other things are set up but the master database is probably still in NA and the EU server still has to sync with it. That could cause the stuttering if the sync takes too long. This could have explained the rollback as well.

> @"Taril.8619" said:

> > @"Vancho.8750" said:

>

>

Except those are Amazon's datacenter and hardware. ANet probably can't get to them even if they want to.

I've seen server lags on NA servers for the Thunderhead Peak South Meta.

Outside of that meta and the Drizzlewood Coast North Meta, I haven't noticed any lags.

Maybe they got some kind of programming issue with the ground hazards (Dredge oil and Jormag's blood) or their clean up mechanics.

> @"Fueki.4753" said:

> I've seen server lags on NA servers for the Thunderhead Peak South Meta.

> Outside of that meta and the Drizzlewood Coast North Meta, I haven't noticed any lags.

>

> Maybe they got some kind of programming issue with the ground hazards (Dredge oil and Jormag's blood) or their clean up mechanics.

It’s wider than thunderhead in EU. It encompasses maps like Vabbi, Desert highlands, Sandswept and other PoF/ls4 maps

This seems to be pretty universal between EU and NA.

The lag seems to be consistently at certain times of day. Depending on your time zone you may need to alter when you try to do the metas for a lag free experience.

Good luck and at worst you can buy the plate halves and just do the puzzle.

> @"melody.2601" said:

> > Just did the south meta on NA. No lag or any kind. I had everything on high settings too. I suggest adjusting your settings to something that your PC can handle and most importantly setting player model limit to the lowest setting.

> >

> > Edit:

> >

> > Just did north. It’s slightly more FPS intensive than south but still manageable. Reducing the player model limit removed any FPS issues altogether. No skill lag.

> >

> > I should also mention that during both of these metas, not once did I see anyone complain about lag.

>

> I love how People still to this date say that it must been the players PC.

> The Lags are not FPS related, they are network related, and they are not related to any ISP aswell, since it happens atleast in Europe for players from a lot of different countries, so it is Server-side.

Well they stated lag without specifying anything. Lag can also reside on a players system. It could be because they’re running a settings the PC cannot handle. They can experience lag due to their PC running poorly. They can experience lag if on a WiFi network that is overloaded. They can experience lag if their router/wireless card are having issues. They can experience lag through their ISP. There numerous reasons that someone can have lag but the first thing they go after are the servers.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > @"melody.2601" said:

> > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > Just did the south meta on NA. No lag or any kind. I had everything on high settings too. I suggest adjusting your settings to something that your PC can handle and most importantly setting player model limit to the lowest setting.

> > >

> > > Edit:

> > >

> > > Just did north. It’s slightly more FPS intensive than south but still manageable. Reducing the player model limit removed any FPS issues altogether. No skill lag.

> > >

> > > I should also mention that during both of these metas, not once did I see anyone complain about lag.

> >

> > I love how People still to this date say that it must been the players PC.

> > The Lags are not FPS related, they are network related, and they are not related to any ISP aswell, since it happens atleast in Europe for players from a lot of different countries, so it is Server-side.

>

> Well they stated lag without specifying anything. Lag can also reside on a players system. It could be because they’re running a settings the PC cannot handle. They can experience lag due to their PC running poorly. They can experience lag if on a WiFi network that is overloaded. They can experience lag if their router/wireless card are having issues. They can experience lag through their ISP. There numerous reasons that someone can have lag but the first thing they go after are the servers.

To be fair, if it was just a few people lagging, it might be on them.

But if it's nearly the entire blob of players, it seems very unlikely to be a problem on the clients' sides.

> @"Fueki.4753" said:

> > > @"melody.2601" said:

> > > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > Just did the south meta on NA. No lag or any kind. I had everything on high settings too. I suggest adjusting your settings to something that your PC can handle and most importantly setting player model limit to the lowest setting.

> > > >

> > > > Edit:

> > > >

> > > > Just did north. It’s slightly more FPS intensive than south but still manageable. Reducing the player model limit removed any FPS issues altogether. No skill lag.

> > > >

> > > > I should also mention that during both of these metas, not once did I see anyone complain about lag.

> > >

> > > I love how People still to this date say that it must been the players PC.

> > > The Lags are not FPS related, they are network related, and they are not related to any ISP aswell, since it happens atleast in Europe for players from a lot of different countries, so it is Server-side.

> >

> > Well they stated lag without specifying anything. Lag can also reside on a players system. It could be because they’re running a settings the PC cannot handle. They can experience lag due to their PC running poorly. They can experience lag if on a WiFi network that is overloaded. They can experience lag if their router/wireless card are having issues. They can experience lag through their ISP. There numerous reasons that someone can have lag but the first thing they go after are the servers.

>

> To be fair, if it was just a few people lagging, it might be on them.

> But if it's nearly the entire blob of players, it seems very unlikely to be a problem on the clients' sides.

The OP did not refer to their entire map but just themselves. They also did not specify their region. I answered based on the information they had provided.

> @"Fueki.4753" said:

> > > @"melody.2601" said:

> > > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > Just did the south meta on NA. No lag or any kind. I had everything on high settings too. I suggest adjusting your settings to something that your PC can handle and most importantly setting player model limit to the lowest setting.

> > > >

> > > > Edit:

> > > >

> > > > Just did north. It’s slightly more FPS intensive than south but still manageable. Reducing the player model limit removed any FPS issues altogether. No skill lag.

> > > >

> > > > I should also mention that during both of these metas, not once did I see anyone complain about lag.

> > >

> > > I love how People still to this date say that it must been the players PC.

> > > The Lags are not FPS related, they are network related, and they are not related to any ISP aswell, since it happens atleast in Europe for players from a lot of different countries, so it is Server-side.

> >

> > Well they stated lag without specifying anything. Lag can also reside on a players system. It could be because they’re running a settings the PC cannot handle. They can experience lag due to their PC running poorly. They can experience lag if on a WiFi network that is overloaded. They can experience lag if their router/wireless card are having issues. They can experience lag through their ISP. There numerous reasons that someone can have lag but the first thing they go after are the servers.

>

> To be fair, if it was just a few people lagging, it might be on them.

> But if it's nearly the entire blob of players, it seems very unlikely to be a problem on the clients' sides.

All that would take is a crappy network provider ... like Telia =_=

This isn’t just an EU issue, but an NA one as well. I’m frequently on various maps and see dozens of players complaining about massive server lag. Almost every experience I have in Thunderhead Peaks has some level of server lag at various points in my playtime. I was even in a Drakkar meta the other day that had such bad server lag that we almost failed to kill it because no one could use skills properly. This has been an ongoing issue that started out small (in PvE) 9ish months ago and has ballooned into this major issue that isn’t being addressed and only causing more frustration for the playerbase.