Claw of Jormag - The best meta ever?

Hey guys,

I just love Claw of Jormag event to death. It's amazing, the preevents are also satisfying, and getting to the final boss takes an entire open squad that breaches into the castle. So well designed and engaging. It's not like you teleport to a map, AFK until the meta triggers (as others will have finished the preevents already for you), and then stand there and press autoattack.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> Boring. Just another zergfest where everyone spans their auto attacks. Not to mention that it’s just another boss where people stack at its foot and attack it.

^This, I felt one could completely ignore mechanics. Really boring.

Would be great if they could shorten the length by getting rid of the first half of the north meta where you go after the tribunes. None of the tribunes feel like unique bosses, it adds no depth or lore or any interesting mechanic to the game, it is just another champ train. At least then I could appreciate some of the interesting things in the keep fight. Even so, the keep fight was bland, I felt ZERO immersion into the world.

HOT map metas did this really well, and I think Dragonfall also did a good job of making you feel part of the action of something bigger going on. Here that feeling was just lost completely. Very boring indeed

I found it incredibly long and tedious on top of extremely unchallenging (I mean, has anyone ever failed it?). If that's the level of content Anet can produce I hope the next meta is just an empty, tiny map where you run simply looting chests lying around. Lets cut to the chase here, if the only requirements to beat a meta are having a pulse and being half awake, its not worth more than a few minutes.

Also not a fan of yet another typical boss fight where you cant see shit because the game becomes a light show straight out of an epileptic's worst nightmare when you put more than 10 people whacking something at the same location

Seems like I am with the majority. I think the first half has tainted me. I was already burnt out getting the mastery points for the first half before the second half released. I did not really like the first half when it was new. Way to mind numbing and choatic.... It is disheartening when you realize you need to do the map 9 more times.

As it stands now, I would rather be playing Dragon Fall or even Dragon Stand.

I think it's boring ? I think the north part if the meta is quite boring overall. But it's just my opinion ?

Also I expected more engaging combat and music - that is basically a 1 minute long track that repeats for 10-15 mins, it's just meh... you just basically 3 shot him and then it's a dmg sponge for few mins and there is no mechanics at all...

Drakkar was epic, music was engaging and to see the Claw being so weirdly designed..

I expected something better...

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> Boring. Just another zergfest where everyone spams their auto attacks. Not to mention that it’s just another boss where people stack at its foot and attacks it.

>

> Edit: fixed typos

wait, is everyone talking about this guy?

I like it but would like it more if it was harder, or if the map in general was harder. It feels like there aren't very many mechanics that can actually bust through a Necromancer. The only time I've ever been downed, at any point during the meta, was during the Claw's 10% tantrum phase. During the whole of the north meta, nothing really does very much damage to me.

> @"jishi.7568" said:

> > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > Boring. Just another zergfest where everyone spams their auto attacks. Not to mention that it’s just another boss where people stack at its foot and attacks it.

> >

> > Edit: fixed typos

>

>

>

> wait, is everyone talking about this guy?

No but it isn't that much different. Most of the time is spent filing the Claw's claw.

It's a great meta, but horribly taxing.

I've been leading a lot of these metas lately because I'm collecting stuff for Otter.

South Meta + North Meta as a commander is a nightmare when it comes to length. When you're not leading it, you can at least make smaller breaks here and there.

My biggest complaint, though, is the amount of visual noise (as always).

I find myself unable to look at the fights at all, where I just focus either at looking just at the skill bar, or at some different spot in the distance which helps me avoid the cluttered effects.

Most of the time you can't really tell what's going on at all, there's way too much stuff on the ground.

I thought these things would be polished as time goes by... :/ it truly is an issue...at least in my opinion.

Other than that, meta is really nice, I love the fact that we storm the citadel and assault Claw. I guess the citadel assault + claw is the most fun part for me, minus the effects.