Thank god for the dmg reduce patch

Malandain.9532

People can now finally facetank my whole mirrorblade shatterburst.

a non viable pve build backstab with active power signet does about 8-10k dmg in pvp

firebrand once again outheals everything.

necs can pull lichform and nothing can punish it in a reliable way.

and last but not least the entertaining condi rev is finally back: 2015 pvp scene was so amazing and intense and everyone is thrilled to have that meta back once again.

maybe buff chrono so we can have more stalemates and brainlets can missplay everything without getting punished.

And give everything superspeed, bc positioning doesn't matter and everyone should just be able to disengage and reset at their will.

While you are at it, look up the core design of this game that explicitly abstained from dedicated healers and ask yourself, why can't we balance it? when the core game does not rely on heals and the expansions do.

> @"Malandain.9532" said:

> People can now finally facetank my whole mirrorblade shatterburst.

> a non viable pve build backstab with active power signet does about 8-10k dmg in pvp

> firebrand once again outheals everything.

> necs can pull lichform and nothing can punish it in a reliable way.

> and last but not least the entertaining condi rev is finally back: 2015 pvp scene was so amazing and intense and everyone is thrilled to have that meta back once again.

> maybe buff chrono so we can have more stalemates and brainlets can missplay everything without getting punished.

> And give everything superspeed, bc positioning doesn't matter and everyone should just be able to disengage and reset at their will.

> While you are at it, look up the core design of this game that explicitly abstained from dedicated healers and ask yourself, why can't we balance it? when the core game does not rely on heals and the expansions do.

Blur into Stealth into Shield block into Distortion into blur into Evasive Mirror into stealth into Distortion into Stealth and.....**BBBBBBBUUURRSSSTTT** ....into Blur into Distortion into Stealth into Shield block into ....**BBBBBBBUUURRSSSTTT** ......into Evasive Mirror...yeah talking about missplay and getting away with it zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz........

Yeah **stealth burst macro** is sooo amazingly skilled thx god for that

I think for Lich the best things are to clutch interrupt it, strip the stab while it's active and interrupt it, or line of sight it. For bringing down sustain comps Sigil of Doom and boon rip is effective but there's a lot of pressure to poison them at the correct time. 33% off of an 8k heal is 2.6k, very valuable. Also for sustain comps switching targets frequently can help a lot. From what I've seen a lot of SoloQ tempests will kite miles away from their teammate when heavily pressured.

> @"snoow.1694" said:

> Firebrand can outheal everthing lmao

> Firebrands got kicked out of the competetive meta and ruined with the February patch to the point where core Guardian is a more viable spec to play. I see alot of people being mad at condition Mirages though

streamers be like.

fucking mirage nerf it.

new player joins chat : hey mrs streamer, mesmer looks cool can you post builds for it?

streamer : mesmer sucks dont play it

kekW

> @"snoow.1694" said:

> Firebrand can outheal everthing lmao

> Firebrands got kicked out of the competetive meta and ruined with the February patch to the point where core Guardian is a more viable spec to play. I see alot of people being mad at condition Mirages though

Actually, it was the subsequent patches that killed FB. On the Feb patch FB was ridiculously over powered, but for like 2 weeks. It is barely viable now. Completely out of the meta.

Necro has Lich with 5k-6k unblockable auto attacks for 40k-60k bursts while being invulnerable to CC.

Thank god Anet removed the block-able single hit damage from DH's elite skill.

Any build with healing can outperform DH's sustained dps.

I was fine with the old damage, but Anet should've reduced base skill damages, not the ratio.

Bunker was viable before February, bunker was stronger than glass before February because base damages were high.

Now investing in damage is a loss of stats vs investing in vitality/toughness as those ratios weren't reduced.

Until condi spam aoe's dps is dramatically reduced this games pvp modes will always be gbage. Being node wars the devs have to be .... to not realize that having aoe condis that hit as much as burst skills that cover the node area is only something these devs would decide to do. I get they should exist but doing the damage they do now is beyond laughable, one of many reason most consider this games pvp a meme these days, least more so than normal.

> @"avey.4201" said:

> Necro has Lich with 5k-6k unblockable auto attacks for 40k-60k bursts while being invulnerable to CC.

> Thank god Anet removed the block-able single hit damage from DH's elite skill.

> Any build with healing can outperform DH's sustained dps.

> I was fine with the old damage, but Anet should've reduced base skill damages, not the ratio.

> Bunker was viable before February, bunker was stronger than glass before February because base damages were high.

> Now investing in damage is a loss of stats vs investing in vitality/toughness as those ratios weren't reduced.

Wait, DH has sustained damage?! As far as I saw AA critic for the devastating damage of 1k and TS under all damage buff possibilities deals earth shattering damage of 4.5k. You could kill and enemy, in few minutes... and I forgot ToF deals close to no damage now. And DS deals literally no damage, assuming you can magically make it hit anything.

DH medi trapper is unplayable. So is everything guardian that is not FB. Even FB is mediocre. And all sPvP right now is mediocre. Nothing does any damage, and you either spike condi or chain CC to death. So much fun... I really wish they just admit they fucked-up. Get rid of this dysfunctional beta, and back to last stable patch, pre Feb 2020. And get rid of CMC (not literally, just move him out of PvP balance). I think this is the first, and hopefully the last time, I see a game resets its stable game, 8 years in, for a beta version. It so bizarre and so dumb.

> @"otto.5684" said:

> > @"avey.4201" said:

> > Necro has Lich with 5k-6k unblockable auto attacks for 40k-60k bursts while being invulnerable to CC.

> > Thank god Anet removed the block-able single hit damage from DH's elite skill.

> > Any build with healing can outperform DH's sustained dps.

> > I was fine with the old damage, but Anet should've reduced base skill damages, not the ratio.

> > Bunker was viable before February, bunker was stronger than glass before February because base damages were high.

> > Now investing in damage is a loss of stats vs investing in vitality/toughness as those ratios weren't reduced.

>

> Wait, DH has sustained damage?! As far as I saw AA critic for the devastating damage of 1k and TS under all damage buff possibilities deals earth shattering damage of 4.5k. You could kill and enemy, in few minutes... and I forgot ToF deals close to no damage now. And DS deals literally no damage, assuming you can magically make it hit anything.

>

> DH medi trapper is unplayable. So is everything guardian that is not FB. Even FB is mediocre. And all sPvP right now is mediocre. Nothing does any damage, and you either spike condi or chain CC to death. So much fun... I really wish they just admit they kitten-up. Get rid of this dysfunctional beta, and back to last stable patch, pre Feb 2020. And get rid of CMC (not literally, just move him out of PvP balance). I think this is the first, and hopefully the last time, I see a game resets its stable game, 8 years in, for a beta version. It so bizarre and so dumb.

no thanks to all of this

> @"Zawn.9647" said:

> yeah!! so sad that you cannot use so much skill to press 3-5 buttons in a memorized order no matter what to kill anyone...

Only in silver this statement held up. Still is the case in silver today. When you upgrade to gold you will realise there is a button for dodge and button for heal. Heck, some classes also have evades and blocks. I know pressing too many buttons and the moving is difficult, but what can I say, PvP is not made for playing the game with one hand.

> @"otto.5684" said:

> > @"Zawn.9647" said:

> > yeah!! so sad that you cannot use so much skill to press 3-5 buttons in a memorized order no matter what to kill anyone...

>

> Only in silver this statement held up. Still is the case in silver today. When you upgrade to gold you will realise there is a button for dodge and button for heal. Heck, some classes also have evades and blocks. I know pressing too many buttons and the moving is difficult, but what can I say, PvP is not made for playing the game with one hand.

Well then why do you want to kill every single class with one hand by pressing few buttons? :trollface:

The only thing i miss about the powercreep when the burst was super bad is running this pure support firebrand. I had like 12k HP but could keep 100% uptime on quickness and might for my party. All I needed was a reaper or a berserker and we could wipe teams pretty quick.

It was funny while it lasted BUT honestly the burst meta brought a lot of toxicity.

> @"Rouien.5234" said:

> The only thing i miss about the powercreep when the burst was super bad is running this pure support firebrand. I had like 12k HP but could keep 100% uptime on quickness and might for my party. All I needed was a reaper or a berserker and we could wipe teams pretty quick.

>

> It was funny while it lasted BUT honestly the burst meta brought a lot of toxicity.

That mostly ended in the beginning of 2019. damage pre Feb patch was on the low side.