[Suggestion] No-mount zone gag box

As the title says; a box that creates a no-mount zone for 15 minutes about the size of the mystic forge in Lion's Arch. Basically big enough to trip players up without being so big they fall to their death. If players are being annoying with mounts at a merchant then drop a no-mount box. Trip up a group of players about to fly off a cliff. Loads of fun.

> @"coso.9173" said:

> yeah, I don't think so. A single player having too much power to pester others, it would probably be even worse than the problem it tries to solve.

Yeah, it's bad enough some idiot thinks it's funny to drop a box on a merchant or some other clickable NPC. Could you imagine what this would be like? No thanks

> @"Kulvar.1239" said:

> > @"MithranArkanere.8957" said:

> > Just imagine people placing these in the path of a race.

>

> Just in front of the starting zone would be extra annoying.

> Or near a cliff so people climbing fall to their death.

> It's a terrible idea.

I wouldn't stop gliding just mounts and the zone wouldn't be that big. Smaller than the distance to fall to death distance.

> @"Tekoneiric.6817" said:

> > @"Kulvar.1239" said:

> > > @"MithranArkanere.8957" said:

> > > Just imagine people placing these in the path of a race.

> >

> > Just in front of the starting zone would be extra annoying.

> > Or near a cliff so people climbing fall to their death.

> > It's a terrible idea.

>

> I wouldn't stop gliding just mounts and the zone wouldn't be that big. Smaller than the distance to fall to death distance.

Being unexpectedly dismounted is a death sentence for some people who lack reactivity.

The grief potential is still beyond any acceptable level. It would be a hundred times worse than people putting funboxes on NPC/chests.

If there's places where people staying on their mounts is a problem (like right on top of bank or merchant NPCs) I'd be in favour of Anet disabling mounts in those areas to prevent the problem.

But an item which lets players disable mounts anywhere they like with no warning would only be used for trolling. I can't imagine any positive benefits for anyone except the players (hopefully a small minority) who enjoy seeing other people's fun interrupted by this kind of disruptive 'prank'.

> > @"coso.9173" said:

> > yeah, I don't think so. A single player having too much power to pester others, it would probably be even worse than the problem it tries to solve.

>

> People use gag boxes at chest so why not this. Make 'em work in WvW as well so they could trip up people on the warclaw.

Because those players are often called griefers (among many other words) when they do so and they also like to use other items that can be placed to do the same. Do you?

> > @"coso.9173" said:

> > yeah, I don't think so. A single player having too much power to pester others, it would probably be even worse than the problem it tries to solve.

>

> People use gag boxes at chest so why not this. Make 'em work in WvW as well so they could trip up people on the warclaw.

So you think:

1)gag boxes that block merchants and the likes are anoying, and

2)because there already is anoying stuff, that people can do with placeable objects in the open world, you think

3)adding more possibilities for the people to do so (placing dismounters on race tracks, at difficult to reach places, spots where you can't get otherwise but are necessary for an achievement/event/reward and the many things that less decent beings will come up with) would be fun.

Did I get that right?

> @"Kulvar.1239" said:

> Being unexpectedly dismounted is a death sentence for some people who lack reactivity.

> The grief potential is still beyond any acceptable level. It would be a hundred times worse than people putting funboxes on NPC/chests.

Well I've had situations where prank boxes have cost me game rewards. Loosing rewards from chests costs more than using the nearest WP. Frankly I'm good with getting rid of all gag boxes. But if we're going to have any gags let's go all in; no half-kittens. Let's get pies to toss at people, roll out spikes to flatten the roller beetle, wild snow wyrm eggs to drop in cities, etc. The whole kitten. An achievement scoring system to go along with it. ;)

> > @"Kulvar.1239" said:

>

> > Being unexpectedly dismounted is a death sentence for some people who lack reactivity.

> > The grief potential is still beyond any acceptable level. It would be a hundred times worse than people putting funboxes on NPC/chests.

>

> Well I've had situations where prank boxes have cost me game rewards. Loosing rewards from chests costs more than using the nearest WP. Frankly I'm good with getting rid of all gag boxes. But if we're going to have any gags let's go all in; no half-kittens. Let's get pies to toss at people, roll out spikes to flatten the roller beetle, wild snow wyrm eggs to drop in cities, etc. The whole kitten. An achievement scoring system to go along with it. ;)

Ahh I see, it's a suggestion born from bitterness. Always very helpful and constructive ;)

> @"lokh.2695" said:

> > @"Tekoneiric.6817" said:

> > Well I've had situations where prank boxes have cost me game rewards. Loosing rewards from chests costs more than using the nearest WP. Frankly I'm good with getting rid of all gag boxes. But if we're going to have any gags let's go all in; no half-kittens. Let's get pies to toss at people, roll out spikes to flatten the roller beetle, wild snow wyrm eggs to drop in cities, etc. The whole kitten. An achievement scoring system to go along with it. ;)

>

> Ahh I see, it's a suggestion born from bitterness. Always very helpful and constructive ;)

No, I'm just saying if we're going to have jokes and gags then let's go all out; scoring and all.