Amulet of celebration (Swap Stats)

foufos.4809

Evening, Anet devs should think the option of the ability to swap stats on the very unique amulet celebration trinket.

For trinkets, a very few of them (Bloodstone and Mist trinkets) have the ability of swap stats so i can't see any reason to make this amulet really unique some way because at the moment only holds space on my inventory...

Anet can u hear me ?

As I've said in other threads I think the amulet was just there to make sure everyone had something they could put the infusion into. Otherwise you might get players who for whatever reason have never gotten an ascended amulet, or who already have infusions in all the ones they have feeling annoyed that they have to buy a new one to be able to use the infusion. It's the equivalent of the backpack straps that come with gemstore skins, or the charging cable and headphones that come with a new phone - it's not supposed to be a great item in it's own right, just something functional enough to ensure you can use the main item.

> @"sitarskee.5738" said:

> Just salvage it if you don't need it?

I wouldn't salvage it, because I don't think it's possible to get another one. If I didn't want whatever stat combination I selected (Viper's I think) it would go into my bank, either with the spare ascended items or with the stuff I'm keeping for literally no reason but nostalgia. Or maybe one of my characters would carry it around, along with the Heroes Band which they all still have in their inventories.

I don't have a problem with this item not allowing you to change the stats once you've selected them because I know I can just use another ascended amulet instead, but situations like this do remind me that I'd really like a wardrobe for trinkets to save the icons for ones we've unlocked and let us swap them around. I know it would be trivial since it is only the icon (and description) which would change but I'd still like to do it.

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> > @"sitarskee.5738" said:

> > Just salvage it if you don't need it?

>

> I wouldn't salvage it, because I don't think it's possible to get another one. If I didn't want whatever stat combination I selected (Viper's I think) it would go into my bank, either with the spare ascended items or with the stuff I'm keeping for literally no reason but nostalgia. Or maybe one of my characters would carry it around, along with the Heroes Band which they all still have in their inventories.

>

> I don't have a problem with this item not allowing you to change the stats once you've selected them because I know I can just use another ascended amulet instead, but situations like this do remind me that I'd really like a wardrobe for trinkets to save the icons for ones we've unlocked and let us swap them around. I know it would be trivial since it is only the icon (and description) which would change but I'd still like to do it.

Well, yeah. If you like collecting such stuff then I understand. But I strongly disagree with this amulet having swapable stats.

> @"foufos.4809" said:

> Evening, Anet devs should think the option of the ability to swap stats on the very unique amulet celebration trinket.

>

> For trinkets, a very few of them (Bloodstone and Mist trinkets) have the ability of swap stats so i can't see any reason to make this amulet really unique some way because at the moment only holds space on my inventory...

>

> Anet can u hear me ?

Suggest to make it legendary instead since new players who didn’t receive this will see the stat reset item pointless.

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> Yes, that's probably true. My bad.

> Still, one is offered a choice of stats on the Amulet, so...not sure what the issue is. Chooser's remorse?

Ya I had chooser's remorse. Was still groggy from just waking up when I got my amulet and not realizing what it was chose a stat for theory crafting, then just salvaged it. Wasnt awre of it's effect, just thought it was a regular customizable amulet. I tend to think of new builds in my down time and am always anxious to try them.

> @"DaVid Darksoul.4985" said:

> > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > Yes, that's probably true. My bad.

> > Still, one is offered a choice of stats on the Amulet, so...not sure what the issue is. Chooser's remorse?

>

> Ya I had chooser's remorse. Was still groggy from just waking up when I got my amulet and not realizing what it was chose a stat for theory crafting, then just salvaged it. Wasnt awre of it's effect, just thought it was a regular customizable amulet. I tend to think of new builds in my down time and am always anxious to try them.

The effect aint from the amulet its from the enrichment and that you can put into any other amulet.

• 3 weeks later...

> @"Galmac.4680" said:

> But you can get ascended amulets so easy on the several living story maps! Just search the map which has a vendor with amulets with the matching stats. You just need to farm a little bit of that map currency.

Isn't the amulet buyable from the laurel vendor.

> @"Vancho.8750" said:

> > @"Galmac.4680" said:

> > But you can get ascended amulets so easy on the several living story maps! Just search the map which has a vendor with amulets with the matching stats. You just need to farm a little bit of that map currency.

> Isn't the amulet buyable from the laurel vendor.

>

The infusion is, not the amulet. But other amulets are, with a variety of stat options.