Healbreaker and Chronomancer in mAT finals (EU)

Tayga.3192

We saw both Mesmer and Warrior in a fair amount of teams that made pretty far into EU mAT.

Some people were saying those classes were unplayable, useless and dead but in the end it was a diverse mAT with way too much engineers and revenants in general and I noticed only one ranger (which was a druid lol).

We also saw less necros and less elementalists though there were still both of them in mAT.

Should be a nice discussion thread, no? :)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't seen a fair amount of mesmers. I go further, I have only seen Misha and Helseth play mesmer (specifically chrono) because they are the only ones who can actually make below average builds work considering they are the best mesmers in the game. Let's not even talk about Mirage..

Chrono is good for one thing, countering holos, which we had an abundance of in most games.

> @"dronte.3416" said:

> I haven't seen a fair amount of mesmers. I go further, I have only seen Misha and Helseth play mesmer (specifically chrono)

Because they are the only good mesmer mains left in the game lmao

> Chrono is good for one thing, countering holos, which we had an abundance of in most games.

It's good for a plenty of things, misha talked about the build a few days before mAT in a public discord.

But I give 7/10 for having an actual idea about mesmer, congratulations.

> @"Tayga.3192" said:

> > @"dronte.3416" said:

> > I haven't seen a fair amount of mesmers. I go further, I have only seen Misha and Helseth play mesmer (specifically chrono)

> Because they are the only good mesmer mains left in the game lmao

It doesn't change the fact that basically noone is playing mesmer any more (mesmer, chrono and mirage included). In top ranked you see one like every 5 games or even less, in mAT there were 2 players who can make mesmer work with literally any build because of skill differences.

What's your point? That mesmer is still viable? You are wrong.

(not to mention Helseth's team crashed out thanks to him being farmed constantly in games)

>

> > Chrono is good for one thing, countering holos, which we had an abundance of in most games.

> It's good for a plenty of things, misha talked about the build a few days before mAT in a public discord.

I would be happy if you shared his ideas.

>

> But I give 7/10 for having an actual idea about mesmer, congratulations.

You listened to Misha talking about mesmer and now you act like someone who has a clue, congratulations.

> @"dronte.3416" said:

> > @"Tayga.3192" said:

> > > @"dronte.3416" said:

> > > I haven't seen a fair amount of mesmers. I go further, I have only seen Misha and Helseth play mesmer (specifically chrono)

> > Because they are the only good mesmer mains left in the game lmao

> It doesn't change the fact that basically noone is playing mesmer any more (mesmer, chrono and mirage included). In top ranked you see one like every 5 games or even less, in mAT there were 2 players who can make mesmer work with literally any build because of skill differences.

>

> What's your point? That mesmer is still viable? You are wrong.

>

> (not to mention Helseth's team crashed out thanks to him being farmed constantly in games)

So close yet so far. This thread is obviously a meme lol.

> > > Chrono is good for one thing, countering holos, which we had an abundance of in most games.

> > It's good for a plenty of things, misha talked about the build a few days before mAT in a public discord.

> I would be happy if you shared his ideas.

You can join it and talk to him yourself, no need for a middleman tbh

> > But I give 7/10 for having an actual idea about mesmer, congratulations.

> You listened to Misha talking about mesmer and now you act like someone who has a clue, congratulations.

I don't define myself with misha don't worry, I almost always play some variant of my own builds.

Both of those classes don't have a niche, they can be substituted with something that does their job but better, for heal warrior you can take tempest or firebrand and for mesmer you can take holo, thief or ranger. Their innate strengths do not outweigh the power of the other classes currently. Also they lack impact for solo queue while they might be solid for the coordinated ATs, so that is why people say they are bad, they are not playmakers that tilt the game in your favour.

> @"Vancho.8750" said:

> Both of those classes don't have a niche, they can be substituted with something that does their job but better, for heal warrior you can take tempest or firebrand and for mesmer you can take holo, thief or ranger. Their innate strengths do not outweigh the power of the other classes currently. Also they lack impact for solo queue while they might be solid for the coordinated ATs, so that is why people say they are bad, they are not playmakers that tilt the game in your favour.

Waee> @"Vancho.8750" said:

> Both of those classes don't have a niche, they can be substituted with something that does their job but better, for heal warrior you can take tempest or firebrand and for mesmer you can take holo, thief or ranger. Their innate strengths do not outweigh the power of the other classes currently. Also they lack impact for solo queue while they might be solid for the coordinated ATs, so that is why people say they are bad, they are not playmakers that tilt the game in your favour.

Warr has more raw heal than tempest

> @"wevh.2903" said:

> > @"Vancho.8750" said:

> > Both of those classes don't have a niche, they can be substituted with something that does their job but better, for heal warrior you can take tempest or firebrand and for mesmer you can take holo, thief or ranger. Their innate strengths do not outweigh the power of the other classes currently. Also they lack impact for solo queue while they might be solid for the coordinated ATs, so that is why people say they are bad, they are not playmakers that tilt the game in your favour.

>

> Waee> @"Vancho.8750" said:

> > Both of those classes don't have a niche, they can be substituted with something that does their job but better, for heal warrior you can take tempest or firebrand and for mesmer you can take holo, thief or ranger. Their innate strengths do not outweigh the power of the other classes currently. Also they lack impact for solo queue while they might be solid for the coordinated ATs, so that is why people say they are bad, they are not playmakers that tilt the game in your favour.

>

>

> Warr has more raw heal than tempest

Healing alone does not help by it self, both tempest and firebrand have cc + area denial while having good enough healing and boons they have a invulnerability skill. Warrior can pain train with CCs but it is usually one person, while both FB and tempest can pressure multiple people at the same time.

> @"Sifu.9745" said:

> GS chrono is a monster in PvP! Do you see one incoming? Oh, he/she goes stealth. 3 sec latter you are downed. Nice burst.

You can either stealth yourself as well (chrono doesn't have great access to stealth, realistically torch 4 and maybe signet of midnight), drop some AoE blindness (one blind fucks up the entire oneshot combo, from over 10k to maybe 4k) or literally just run in the opposite direction with some columns between you and the chrono to avoid the blink+gw2 combo (chrono has very poor mobility, the only way to get close is via blinking, which requires LoS)

Once the stealth expires you can just kill the chrono 'cause there's not much left. It's a core shatter, just with much less stealth and, if you dodge at the right moment, an even weaker burst, since F1 doesn't hit as hard.

> @"Tayga.3192" said:

> > > It's good for a plenty of things, misha talked about the build a few days before mAT in a public discord.

> > I would be happy if you shared his ideas.

> You can join it and talk to him yourself, no need for a middleman tbh

I was genuinely interested.. if he already discussed it you could have shared but whatever.

> @"Shiyo.3578" said:

> > @"DonNee.5128" said:

> > healbreaker is meta for sure, as good if not better than tempest

>

> No. Shock aura and glyph of renewal are completely broken.

so? you have double renegades running around with perm stab

doesnt help vs nade spam either

not saying tempest cant match healbreaker but healbreaker + x > tempest + x

One advantage of healbreaker is boon removal. I'm neither saying this makes it better than tempest nor that this is the only reason to run healbreaker, but since running around with 20-25 might stacks is a thing (thinking about holos and renegade), a support with boon removal might be a solid option.