Tempestuous Aria Changes

LightBrave.5638

I have been playing tempest for quite some time now. The Tempestuous Aria changes in WVW was a welcomed sight. I am requesting Anet revert the changes made today to remove 10 target shouts in WVW.

I am sorry to say, but there is still no competing with Scrapper or Firebrand for support. Tempest was the ONLY class close to these two for support options. Purity of Purpose is indeed BROKEN in WVW for scrapper and the fact you are removing "increased shout targets" as the ONLY gimmick for tempest to compete is sad to see.

I am abusing this ability to it's fullest extent and I request you explain to me WHERE and WHEN this ability is broken in wvw. You can not quantify "how effective" 10 target shouts truly are in wvw with tossing around that many auras. Auras themselves need to be reworked but I still feel they add some current value.

Honestly? Tempests were in a good spot. They truly were. We had a few around and they were "ok". I would always default to "do you have a scrapper instead" of a tempest. However this change is massive and you should truly reconsider this change.

I have been playing Tempest for many years now and it has had it's ups and downs. Please do not do this to us in WVW. We are very few and far in-between. Scrappers and Firebrands are still the support gods of the wvw realm. Clipping the wings of tempests support is not helpful.

Thank you for this consideration.

> @"Sylosi.6503" said:

> > @"Jski.6180" said:

> > Anet hates the ele class.

>

> Not really, over the life of this game Ele has arguably fared better than most other classes (Guardian being the obvious exception).

not really, Ele obviously enjoyed core days the most but ever since HoT, other classes have been getting what ele can do with additional effects

> @"Mini Crinny.6190" said:

> > @"Sylosi.6503" said:

> > > @"Jski.6180" said:

> > > Anet hates the ele class.

> >

> > Not really, over the life of this game Ele has arguably fared better than most other classes (Guardian being the obvious exception).

>

> not really, Ele obviously enjoyed core days the most but ever since HoT, other classes have been getting what ele can do with additional effects

Too bad i started just after that ......

> > @"Sylosi.6503" said:

> > > @"Jski.6180" said:

> > > Anet hates the ele class.

> >

> > Not really, over the life of this game Ele has arguably fared better than most other classes (Guardian being the obvious exception).

>

> not really, Ele obviously enjoyed core days the most but ever since HoT, other classes have been getting what ele can do with additional effects

Ele fared fine after HoT launched, tempest was strong in PvP (multiple teams used one in the world championships), it was still God tier DPS in PVE and it was still meta in WvW. And that is typical of ele for most of the game, across all 3 game modes it has spent most of the time between being decent and God tier. Which is far better than at least half the classes and arguably better than anything other than Guardian and maybe Rev, though Rev isn't really an equal comparison without core.

But lets take another class and compare to see how "hard done by" ele is. Take engy which seems appropriate given this WvW nerf and the obvious favouritism to scrapper support (that is sarcasm for anyone unable to work it out). It took about 6 years for engy to get a meta build in WvW when they finally reworked Scrapper (and no the one guy who used to play hide and seek at the start of some GvGs does not count).

Now in PvP engy does rather well. When the most busted thing in the game was cele ele, the second most busted thing was cele engy, Scrapper spent a few months silly OP in HoT, but got nerfed relatively quickly and was generally worse than Tempest, but then fared better than ele with Holo in PoF. Which leaves PvE where for most of the game engy was between bad and medicore, unlike ele.

I can only imagine the crying if ele had been non-meta in WvW for 6 years, whilst being equally unimpressive in PvE for most of that time. Yet apparently Anet hates ele...

Also on the bright side, PVE tempest got a new build because 10 man targets on shouts aren't connected to the trait anymore, and so you can now take Latent Stamina -> Invigorating Torrents to upkeep Regen and Vigor using shouts, and that's just one of the few possible builds that opened up. Awesome new build combinations for PVE. Huge wasted potential for WvW.

> @"Zhaid Zhem.6508" said:

> They don't hate ele, they just don't play it.

They HATE the ele class as they do not even want the community of gw2 to talk about it in any room but this one but they let other classes chat about it all over the places see tempest wvw update chat. This is not a lack of understanding on anet part it is pure HATE.

> @"Lillbryschan.3281" said:

> Cant help to think that the Tempestious Aura trait now will get reworked further down the line. Maybe stab share instead of might, or quickness on aura share? Would be nice.

I think that what it called toxic positivity. They went from an non use trait to a high used trait (giving it 10 target shouts) and now back to what is most likely a non use trait. Anet is actively going back on there own ideals and planes fully knowing what will happen as they have the info of what it was like before.

That why i go on about bate and switch balancing of the ele class. Often anet updates an effect on ele both a buff and a nerf (most of the time the buff is stronger) but then the buff is taken away and only the nerf remains.

> I doubt it will get any change anytime soon, they still haven't changed Rock Solid since 2012

If Rock Solid got changed to giving Stability on every attunement swap, as opposed to having it on Earth and nothing else, it would be a great trait to have. Maybe buff the duration a bit, as well.

Well you can take the stability trait (Harmonious Conduit) and either play auraspam DPS or some sort of hybrid off-healer (since ~500 heal power is about 70% effectiveness for soothing mist). Cleansing from auras that come from overloading and attunement swapping (if you run fire attunement) isn't affected. I'm surprised 4s shock aura (2s ICD on the stun) hasn't been touched or cut to 3s since none of the other auras are particularly strong on their own without some sort of _on aura_ trigger (whether it is healing, boons or otherwise).

Rock solid giving stability on every attunement swap would be a nice change but unless it's split to some extremely short duration in PVP it would likely be deemed overpowered.

> @"Jski.6180" said:

> > @"Lillbryschan.3281" said:

> > Cant help to think that the Tempestious Aura trait now will get reworked further down the line. Maybe stab share instead of might, or quickness on aura share? Would be nice.

>

> I think that what it called toxic positivity. They went from an non use trait to a high used trait (giving it 10 target shouts) and now back to what is most likely a non use trait. Anet is actively going back on there own ideals and planes fully knowing what will happen as they have the info of what it was like before.

>

> That why i go on about bate and switch balancing of the ele class. Often anet updates an effect on ele both a buff and a nerf (most of the time the buff is stronger) but then the buff is taken away and only the nerf remains.

You mean my post was Toxic Positivity? Or the balancing?

Either way. What I mean is. That trait could use some overhaul now and adding a boon like quickness or some more stab uptime to Tempest would be a nice addition for elementalist. Eles need to be moved into the 2020s, in some way. A new boon could be one way.

> > @"Jski.6180" said:

> > > @"Lillbryschan.3281" said:

> > > Cant help to think that the Tempestious Aura trait now will get reworked further down the line. Maybe stab share instead of might, or quickness on aura share? Would be nice.

> >

> > I think that what it called toxic positivity. They went from an non use trait to a high used trait (giving it 10 target shouts) and now back to what is most likely a non use trait. Anet is actively going back on there own ideals and planes fully knowing what will happen as they have the info of what it was like before.

> >

> > That why i go on about bate and switch balancing of the ele class. Often anet updates an effect on ele both a buff and a nerf (most of the time the buff is stronger) but then the buff is taken away and only the nerf remains.

>

> You mean my post was Toxic Positivity? Or the balancing?

>

> Either way. What I mean is. That trait could use some overhaul now and adding a boon like quickness or some more stab uptime to Tempest would be a nice addition for elementalist. Eles need to be moved into the 2020s, in some way. A new boon could be one way.

Your point of view is that something is better coming from the thing that was nerfed. It just dose not happen for the ele class. Even the buff dont go anywhere for the ele class see transmutation. Always being positivist about bad things often become a copping tool and not real forward thinking.

> @"Jski.6180" said:

> > @"Lillbryschan.3281" said:

> > > @"Jski.6180" said:

> > > > @"Lillbryschan.3281" said:

> > > > Cant help to think that the Tempestious Aura trait now will get reworked further down the line. Maybe stab share instead of might, or quickness on aura share? Would be nice.

> > >

> > > I think that what it called toxic positivity. They went from an non use trait to a high used trait (giving it 10 target shouts) and now back to what is most likely a non use trait. Anet is actively going back on there own ideals and planes fully knowing what will happen as they have the info of what it was like before.

> > >

> > > That why i go on about bate and switch balancing of the ele class. Often anet updates an effect on ele both a buff and a nerf (most of the time the buff is stronger) but then the buff is taken away and only the nerf remains.

> >

> > You mean my post was Toxic Positivity? Or the balancing?

> >

> > Either way. What I mean is. That trait could use some overhaul now and adding a boon like quickness or some more stab uptime to Tempest would be a nice addition for elementalist. Eles need to be moved into the 2020s, in some way. A new boon could be one way.

>

> Your point of view is that something is better coming from the thing that was nerfed. It just dose not happen for the ele class. Even the buff dont go anywhere for the ele class see transmutation. Always being positivist about bad things often become a copping tool and not real forward thinking.

What!? I express a gut feeling I got after seeing the patch notes, and you jump the gun to label it with psychology, why? Are you trying to undermine me? You have no idea of what my "point of view" is or isn't. Even better trying to sit on me by giving some kind of life lesson in "forward thinking"? I really hope it's just a misinterpretation of my post, and sorry if that's my fault. I had a feeling that the trait will get reworked further down the line. Then I added what I wanted of that rework, something that sadly was a positive change. All meant to further discuss the trait with other ele players. Didn't expect this to happen though... But by all means. Keep up the negativity. I'm out.

> > @"Jski.6180" said:

> > > @"Lillbryschan.3281" said:

> > > > @"Jski.6180" said:

> > > > > @"Lillbryschan.3281" said:

> > > > > Cant help to think that the Tempestious Aura trait now will get reworked further down the line. Maybe stab share instead of might, or quickness on aura share? Would be nice.

> > > >

> > > > I think that what it called toxic positivity. They went from an non use trait to a high used trait (giving it 10 target shouts) and now back to what is most likely a non use trait. Anet is actively going back on there own ideals and planes fully knowing what will happen as they have the info of what it was like before.

> > > >

> > > > That why i go on about bate and switch balancing of the ele class. Often anet updates an effect on ele both a buff and a nerf (most of the time the buff is stronger) but then the buff is taken away and only the nerf remains.

> > >

> > > You mean my post was Toxic Positivity? Or the balancing?

> > >

> > > Either way. What I mean is. That trait could use some overhaul now and adding a boon like quickness or some more stab uptime to Tempest would be a nice addition for elementalist. Eles need to be moved into the 2020s, in some way. A new boon could be one way.

> >

> > Your point of view is that something is better coming from the thing that was nerfed. It just dose not happen for the ele class. Even the buff dont go anywhere for the ele class see transmutation. Always being positivist about bad things often become a copping tool and not real forward thinking.

>

> What!? I express a gut feeling I got after seeing the patch notes, and you jump the gun to label it with psychology, why? Are you trying to undermine me? You have no idea of what my "point of view" is or isn't. Even better trying to sit on me by giving some kind of life lesson in "forward thinking"? I really hope it's just a misinterpretation of my post, and sorry if that's my fault. I had a feeling that the trait will get reworked further down the line. Then I added what I wanted of that rework, something that sadly was a positive change. All meant to further discuss the trait with other ele players. Didn't expect this to happen though... But by all means. Keep up the negativity. I'm out.

Well the point is every one is saying this point of view over and over on these forms at one point transmutation was going to be the golden time for the ele class and it all turned out to just be one trait and nothing more. Anet has no big plane for any thing and coming from the point of view that they do means you will always be "ok" with any thing they do and nerf to the ele class. It means your an endless collaborator for any thing anet chose to do. This is what is know as toxic positivity.

This is true for all of the 300 sec cd passive traits that where going to get reworked one day... as well as the hard cc effect that use to do the real dmg of the ele kit getting no updates other then a dmg nerf.

Ele is full of "traits that are just turning the corner that why they where nerfed" effects and skills. Its very much an abusive relationship point of view and its not a good give and take chat with aent.