Guardian Burn DMG

Leafstorm.1349

Why is this still a thing? Why do guardians just hit you once and you have 6+ burn stacks? Why is it that you can apply 21+ burn stacks on something instantly? This is literally the bane of this game and the rise for every single bad player ever. You have had time to adjust this and you didnt even touch it in the patch. What a joke.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Leafstorm.1349" said:

> Why is this still a thing? Why do guardians just hit you once and you have 6+ burn stacks? Why is it that you can apply 21+ burn stacks on something instantly? This is literally the bane of this game and the rise for every single bad player ever. You have had time to adjust this and you didnt even touch it in the patch. What a joke.

Burn guard isn't a problem. Stop panic cleansing when you have 3 burn stacks.

I'll never understand why people are defending builds like this.

Well i guess only the top 5% games count, since i see burn guards even in plat.

Let's just ignore that low effort builds with high reward (like burn guard) are dominating pretty much every game below that.

Gee, i wonder why there aren't many new PvP-players...

Burn Guards are offset by not having any cover conditions to prevent yu from literally nullifying their damage with a single cleanse.

Just step out of the AoEs, and use yur cleanses once in the clear and Burn Guards are a joke.

> @"Whyarewestillhere.8970" said:

> I'll never understand why people are defending builds like this.

> Well i guess only the top 5% games count, since i see burn guards even in plat.

> Let's just ignore that low effort builds with high reward (like burn guard) are dominating pretty much every game below that.

>

> Gee, i wonder why there aren't many new PvP-players...

Defend it?

People are giving advice on how to beat it.

Like bruh, if everyone who encounters just the tiniest problem and begs the devs for nerfs, we wouldn't even have a game left.

In fact, it's due to this sort of thing which is causing us to have a really skewed meta atm where only a handful of builds are being played.

What's next?

Oh no Mordrem Snipers have this really painful line AoE, Anet please remove it cos it hurts so so so much!

> @"Exile.8160" said:

> Burn is literally the only way a guard can deal dmg right now lol core and FB were over nerf on both dmg and survibability. If burn is nerf they would literally have nothing else to play.

heck even dh is over nerfed atleast power, this build is only working because traps and sword can hit multiple times so te proc to the virtues activate. the build has almost 0 defences is a full meme but is easier to complain lol. The real problem is the burning condition in general it deals too much damage when stack to more than 6.

Like you said burning right now is the only reliable damage source a guardian has because no 1 is going to stand on your simbols for more that 2 seconds.

My buds and I decided to play some stronghold for the luls and we ended up fighting 2 DH's on both teams nearly every match.

I got caught off guard once by SoJ, but then I just started kiting out their damage while shooting mortars behind me. It was funny seeing them try to reach with their slow scepter autos and their SoJ being complete ineffective.

Idk though, that was probably a bad one, but it doesn't seem like this build can kill unless you either let it, or you've got cover condis on you that prevent you from cleansing their immobilize.

> @"Quadox.7834" said:

> i really wanna see anet stats on winrate and play frequency rn, specifically in regards to blueclass

I think it is pretty popular, it is not the greatest shit ever but generally can get effortless kills and compared to other entry level builds it is god mode. It is gimmicky but it is constant gimmick like spamming the same OP attack on Fighting games and it is not actually that bad as all rounder Queue build, the gimmick is just really viable. Stack 2 of them in the chaos of Queue and roll with it someone will die from burns at some point. I think the Yellow Class healer build became popular only because it can kinda reduces the burden of constant burning.

All in all there is nothing really contesting it on the entry level PVP and there will be 4 guards on each team.

People tend to forget that the game has tiers of skill and there are different Meta on every tier, it is just that there aren't many options for some tiers.

Also Burn DH being in the AT meta is making me question that if it is gimmick or really good build.

> @"Vancho.8750" said:

> > @"Quadox.7834" said:

> > i really wanna see anet stats on winrate and play frequency rn, specifically in regards to blueclass

> I think it is pretty popular, it is not the greatest kitten ever but generally can get effortless kills and compared to other entry level builds it is god mode. It is gimmicky but it is constant gimmick like spamming the same OP attack on Fighting games and it is not actually that bad as all rounder Queue build, the gimmick is just really viable. Stack 2 of them in the chaos of Queue and roll with it someone will die from burns at some point. I think the Yellow Class healer build became popular only because it can kinda reduces the burden of constant burning.

> All in all there is nothing really contesting it on the entry level PVP and there will be 4 guards on each team.

> People tend to forget that the game has tiers of skill and there are different Meta on every tier, it is just that there aren't many options for some tiers.

> Also Burn DH being in the AT meta is making me question that if it is gimmick or really good build.

Lol Yellow Class healer. The warrior shade thrown was real

It is indeed an annoying spec, but as some ppl point the counter play to it is massive. Dodge the trap, stand out side of blades and cleanse the 1 condition being put out are all great advice. The whole spec is way to rewarding but players do need to outplay, but even more importantly adapt to the new meta- I myself have found a build that really really hard counters these guys in ranked and am playing it when I can.

Burn guards are really good against gold and silver players who don't yet know what condi cleanse is. That's why we get complaints about it because the majority of the player base is playing gold 2/3 games getting meme'd using their cleanses at 1 stack of burn or trying to cleanse off all the useless other condis that make the bar look angry red but don't actually threaten ur life.

> @"Dantheman.3589" said:

> It is indeed an annoying spec, but as some ppl point the counter play to it is massive. Dodge the trap, stand out side of blades and cleanse the 1 condition being put out are all great advice. The whole spec is way to rewarding but players do need to outplay, but even more importantly adapt to the new meta- I myself have found a build that really really hard counters these guys in ranked and am playing it when I can.

It has the PoF launch scourge syndrome it can't be fought well in melee, kinda find it stupid design since most builds are melee. Basically its countering all melee just by existing. Also it needs short CD cleanses to deal with so that is another batch of classes that can effectively fight it. I'm fully expecting some kind of 0 damage bunker cheese to go counter it after a while, cause every time someone finds some viable or OP cheese there is someone out there with bigger cheese.

> @"Vancho.8750" said:

> > @"Dantheman.3589" said:

> > It is indeed an annoying spec, but as some ppl point the counter play to it is massive. Dodge the trap, stand out side of blades and cleanse the 1 condition being put out are all great advice. The whole spec is way to rewarding but players do need to outplay, but even more importantly adapt to the new meta- I myself have found a build that really really hard counters these guys in ranked and am playing it when I can.

> It has the PoF launch scourge syndrome it can't be fought well in melee, kinda find it stupid design since most builds are melee. Basically its countering all melee just by existing. Also it needs short CD cleanses to deal with so that is another batch of classes that can effectively fight it. I'm fully expecting some kind of 0 damage bunker cheese to go counter it after a while, cause every time someone finds some viable or OP cheese there is someone out there with bigger cheese.

>

Yeah that’s just the thing it’s putting a lot of burn in intervals but it’s basically just burn and countering melee. In experimenting I’ve found a condi scourge to be equally effective or more(sometimes) becuz it puts more types of condi and has boon hate.

Zero damage bunker builds can definitely counter this- scourge full bunker is one that comes to mind, but becuz of how much cc+ pressure it can put in one place some of the full bunker builds are not countering it though- such as a full bunker ranger which yeah by going full bunker there is a chance to survive that but it’s not enough to where it’s immune as it’s possible you’ll still get decapped though the dh should never get a kill on you.

> > @"Vancho.8750" said:

> > > @"Dantheman.3589" said:

> > > It is indeed an annoying spec, but as some ppl point the counter play to it is massive. Dodge the trap, stand out side of blades and cleanse the 1 condition being put out are all great advice. The whole spec is way to rewarding but players do need to outplay, but even more importantly adapt to the new meta- I myself have found a build that really really hard counters these guys in ranked and am playing it when I can.

> > It has the PoF launch scourge syndrome it can't be fought well in melee, kinda find it stupid design since most builds are melee. Basically its countering all melee just by existing. Also it needs short CD cleanses to deal with so that is another batch of classes that can effectively fight it. I'm fully expecting some kind of 0 damage bunker cheese to go counter it after a while, cause every time someone finds some viable or OP cheese there is someone out there with bigger cheese.

> >

>

> Yeah that’s just the thing it’s putting a lot of burn in intervals but it’s basically just burn and countering melee. In experimenting I’ve found a condi scourge to be equally effective or more(sometimes) becuz it puts more types of condi and has boon hate.

> Zero damage bunker builds can definitely counter this- scourge full bunker is one that comes to mind, but becuz of how much cc+ pressure it can put in one place some of the full bunker builds are not countering it though- such as a full bunker ranger which yeah by going full bunker there is a chance to survive that but it’s not enough to where it’s immune as it’s possible you’ll still get decapped though the dh should never get a kill on you.

I think it just needs some shave on the applications here and there so its not, like bloop dragon maw cced dead from burns, cause I think there isn't a power speck that can do that. If we compare it to the most OP elite according to the people Lich, DH does the Job way faster.

I think it is because the damage it does now is comparable to the damage of power specks pre the February patch, or I just dislike that it does way way more damage then the power variant of DH even though DH is supposed to be power.

> @"Vancho.8750" said:

> > @"Dantheman.3589" said:

> > > @"Vancho.8750" said:

> > > > @"Dantheman.3589" said:

> > > > It is indeed an annoying spec, but as some ppl point the counter play to it is massive. Dodge the trap, stand out side of blades and cleanse the 1 condition being put out are all great advice. The whole spec is way to rewarding but players do need to outplay, but even more importantly adapt to the new meta- I myself have found a build that really really hard counters these guys in ranked and am playing it when I can.

> > > It has the PoF launch scourge syndrome it can't be fought well in melee, kinda find it stupid design since most builds are melee. Basically its countering all melee just by existing. Also it needs short CD cleanses to deal with so that is another batch of classes that can effectively fight it. I'm fully expecting some kind of 0 damage bunker cheese to go counter it after a while, cause every time someone finds some viable or OP cheese there is someone out there with bigger cheese.

> > >

> >

> > Yeah that’s just the thing it’s putting a lot of burn in intervals but it’s basically just burn and countering melee. In experimenting I’ve found a condi scourge to be equally effective or more(sometimes) becuz it puts more types of condi and has boon hate.

> > Zero damage bunker builds can definitely counter this- scourge full bunker is one that comes to mind, but becuz of how much cc+ pressure it can put in one place some of the full bunker builds are not countering it though- such as a full bunker ranger which yeah by going full bunker there is a chance to survive that but it’s not enough to where it’s immune as it’s possible you’ll still get decapped though the dh should never get a kill on you.

> I think it just needs some shave on the applications here and there so its not, like bloop dragon maw cced dead from burns, cause I think there isn't a power speck that can do that. If we compare it to the most OP elite according to the people Lich, DH does the Job way faster.

> I think it is because the damage it does now is comparable to the damage of power specks pre the February patch, or I just dislike that it does way way more damage then the power variant of DH even though DH is supposed to be power.

Actually there’s basically a power variant of this build that is where u maw the player and knock them out with longbow + the trap that damages when they move out and it does crazy damage. It was more popular in 3s though since it’s even squishier than condi dh but yeah your mostly right

> > @"Vancho.8750" said:

> > > @"Dantheman.3589" said:

> > > > @"Vancho.8750" said:

> > > > > @"Dantheman.3589" said:

> > > > > It is indeed an annoying spec, but as some ppl point the counter play to it is massive. Dodge the trap, stand out side of blades and cleanse the 1 condition being put out are all great advice. The whole spec is way to rewarding but players do need to outplay, but even more importantly adapt to the new meta- I myself have found a build that really really hard counters these guys in ranked and am playing it when I can.

> > > > It has the PoF launch scourge syndrome it can't be fought well in melee, kinda find it stupid design since most builds are melee. Basically its countering all melee just by existing. Also it needs short CD cleanses to deal with so that is another batch of classes that can effectively fight it. I'm fully expecting some kind of 0 damage bunker cheese to go counter it after a while, cause every time someone finds some viable or OP cheese there is someone out there with bigger cheese.

> > > >

> > >

> > > Yeah that’s just the thing it’s putting a lot of burn in intervals but it’s basically just burn and countering melee. In experimenting I’ve found a condi scourge to be equally effective or more(sometimes) becuz it puts more types of condi and has boon hate.

> > > Zero damage bunker builds can definitely counter this- scourge full bunker is one that comes to mind, but becuz of how much cc+ pressure it can put in one place some of the full bunker builds are not countering it though- such as a full bunker ranger which yeah by going full bunker there is a chance to survive that but it’s not enough to where it’s immune as it’s possible you’ll still get decapped though the dh should never get a kill on you.

> > I think it just needs some shave on the applications here and there so its not, like bloop dragon maw cced dead from burns, cause I think there isn't a power speck that can do that. If we compare it to the most OP elite according to the people Lich, DH does the Job way faster.

> > I think it is because the damage it does now is comparable to the damage of power specks pre the February patch, or I just dislike that it does way way more damage then the power variant of DH even though DH is supposed to be power.

>

> Actually there’s basically a power variant of this build that is where u maw the player and knock them out with longbow + the trap that damages when they move out and it does crazy damage. It was more popular in 3s though since it’s even squishier than condi dh but yeah your mostly right

Yeah that is the one it does require more effort to pull off and it is more vulnerable, It feels really off to me that the tankier build does more upfront damage and it is easier to play and yet they are almost the same idea.

> @"Yasai.3549" said:

> Burn Guards are offset by not having any cover conditions to prevent yu from literally nullifying their damage with a single cleanse.

> Just step out of the AoEs, and use yur cleanses once in the clear and Burn Guards are a joke.

>

> > @"Whyarewestillhere.8970" said:

> > I'll never understand why people are defending builds like this.

> > Well i guess only the top 5% games count, since i see burn guards even in plat.

> > Let's just ignore that low effort builds with high reward (like burn guard) are dominating pretty much every game below that.

> >

> > Gee, i wonder why there aren't many new PvP-players...

>

> Defend it?

> People are giving advice on how to beat it.

>

> Like bruh, if everyone who encounters just the tiniest problem and begs the devs for nerfs, we wouldn't even have a game left.

> In fact, it's due to this sort of thing which is causing us to have a really skewed meta atm where only a handful of builds are being played.

>

> What's next?

> Oh no Mordrem Snipers have this really painful line AoE, Anet please remove it cos it hurts so so so much!

My problem isn't only that its strong.

My problem is that, in my opinion, builds like burn guard are unhealthy for the game - when they are as dominant as burn guard is.

I'd rather have less build diversity, in a (Pvp) game which is actually fun, than 20 "viable" builds like burn guard, flamethrower, decap scrapper and other uninteractive cheese.