A Horde game type

Basically can we get a horde/ survival type of game mode. I really want to just fight an endless amount of pushover npcs, in a type of castle defense situation. WvW is kind of like it, but I dislike being yeeted off the side of a battlement by a necro and what not. I would just enjoy fighting a bunch of npcs in a survival scenario. It gets old fighting nothing but bosses in strikes, fractals, and raids imo.

They did do some of this with Guild Missions. There's a couple I remember doing - one in Ascalon I think and another in Southson. They were pretty good fun so I'm all in favour of more of those. There's also the Cold War strike, but that doesn't appear to be very popular at all, with one of the complaints being "it's just a horde mode"

They seem to fit Guild missions and strikes, so yeah I can support them as side content. Just not sure if there is wider support for them in this game

> @"ugrakarma.9416" said:

> Toypocalipse is addictive if u like this mode.

If only they scaled up such an event to an year-round mode like OP said. With a large area to defend with a squad or party, depending on the difficulty, the ability to set siege, barricades and recruit mercs/npcs to halt the enemy. Now should it be endless and award every wave with increasing difficultry (at which point say wave 100 only spawns champions and cannot be beaten) or should it follow toypocalipse and have a set numebr of waves?