simple change to increase build diversity

Instead of having a single amulet giving us all our stats, we would have amulet+back

Amulet stats would be halved, and transferred to the backpiece. No changes necessary for existing stat options. This allows simple mix-matching without the chaos of having 14 pieces of gear to select stats for, and may revive some neglected stats like valk. You would still be able to choose the same stats for both amulet and back if u like, and have exactly the same stats as u do now.

I'm thinking more of an Amulet rework.

Something like :

2 Major stat :

2 Minor stat :

Major will be 1200 of two stats

Minor will be 300 of two stats

Major will feature any two stats the player wants EXCEPT Vitality, Healing power and Toughness (Like Power + Condi or Condi + Precision etc)

Minor will feature any two stats the player wants.

> @"felix.2386" said:

> remove 25% speed runes, so people actually need to build for mobility

> and decrease aoe damage, so melee actually matter

Or you could spec for mobility so you don't have to rely on nerfs and removing items to kneecap already crippled, low-mobility builds like necros. Or stop chasing down targets you can see move faster than you. Or stop thinking melee means you're supposed to be able to just stand and bang with every other class and win. Or use a speed rune yourself.

> @"Brimstone Jack.3462" said:

> > @"felix.2386" said:

> > remove 25% speed runes, so people actually need to build for mobility

> > and decrease aoe damage, so melee actually matter

>

> Or you could spec for mobility so you don't have to rely on nerfs and removing items to kneecap already crippled, low-mobility builds like necros. Or stop chasing down targets you can see move faster than you. Or stop thinking melee means you're supposed to be able to just stand and bang with every other class and win. Or use a speed rune yourself.

Yea, that's exactly what meta builds are doing right now and literally killing everything that's not speed based and melee based.

not good. rune that gives speed is too good as mobility is king now

and you have to spec for it, having rune giving mobility is just bad

i don't see how you enjoy the meta that necro is already dead for people specing speed on top of running mobility runes, 2 of 4 meta builds have mobility runes

and shoutwar/scrapper also specced heavily in mobility.

bring down general mobility and have to spec for, actually amplify necro skills effectiveness

> @"felix.2386" said:

> > @"Brimstone Jack.3462" said:

> > > @"felix.2386" said:

> > > remove 25% speed runes, so people actually need to build for mobility

> > > and decrease aoe damage, so melee actually matter

> >

> > Or you could spec for mobility so you don't have to rely on nerfs and removing items to kneecap already crippled, low-mobility builds like necros. Or stop chasing down targets you can see move faster than you. Or stop thinking melee means you're supposed to be able to just stand and bang with every other class and win. Or use a speed rune yourself.

>

> Yea, that's exactly what meta builds are doing right now and literally killing everything that's not speed based and melee based.

> not good. rune that gives speed is too good as mobility is king now

> and you have to spec for it, having rune giving mobility is just bad

>

> i don't see how you enjoy the meta that necro is already dead for people specing speed on top of running mobility runes, 2 of 4 meta builds have mobility runes

> and shoutwar/scrapper also specced heavily in mobility.

>

> bring down general mobility and have to spec for, actually amplify necro skills effectiveness

You're making the mistake of thinking that I believe the game should be balanced around my preferred profession. But if they re-do Necros with added speed in their specs, everyone will just complain that we took away the Necro's one big weakness, and now they can just throw on Carrion and nuke at will.

Also, I main a minion mancer with no speed rune. So... yeah.

> @"felix.2386" said:

> > > @"felix.2386" said:

> > > remove 25% speed runes, so people actually need to build for mobility

> > > and decrease aoe damage, so melee actually matter

> >

> > Or you could spec for mobility so you don't have to rely on nerfs and removing items to kneecap already crippled, low-mobility builds like necros. Or stop chasing down targets you can see move faster than you. Or stop thinking melee means you're supposed to be able to just stand and bang with every other class and win. Or use a speed rune yourself.

>

> Yea, that's exactly what meta builds are doing right now and literally killing everything that's not speed based and melee based.

> not good. rune that gives speed is too good as mobility is king now

> and you have to spec for it, having rune giving mobility is just bad

>

> i don't see how you enjoy the meta that necro is already dead for people specing speed on top of running mobility runes, 2 of 4 meta builds have mobility runes

> and shoutwar/scrapper also specced heavily in mobility.

>

> bring down general mobility and have to spec for, actually amplify necro skills effectiveness

Some classes HAVE to take mobility runes. If ur talking about trapper/speed runes that's for another discussion. Removing lynx and traveler runes is just stupid--you are arguing that we should just remove necro and guard (and possibly mesmer) from pvp.

> > @"felix.2386" said:

>

> >

> > minion mancer mains have no say in any balance decision, nor one tricking something gives you any credibility.

>

> In other words, you have no response. Got it. I play a very active style, actually using my minion's active abilities. I'm sorry you know so little about the game that you think MM is autopilot. I could teach you to be better if you'd like.

>

>

I'm just going to stop responding to you, as you have no interest in hearing anything other than SpEeD RoOnE BiG bAd. Enjoy your echo chamber, bud. XD

> > @"Xuazinegueri.3592" said:

> > > @"jsp.6912" said:

> > > very bad idea

> >

> > why?

> >

> > @"Brimstone Jack.3462" @"felix.2386" you guys are changing the subject of the topic, create a new topic do discuss this or join one of the 100 that already exist

>

> Mind your own. Nobody needs fake minimods.

Nobody needs clueless people talking about stuff that shouldnt be discussed in the topic. It has nothing to do to the main subject, please create a new topic or discuss where you should, I came here to see the suggestion about build diversity regarding amulets and not a childish discussion between 2 players, on a completely different matter.

> @"Xuazinegueri.3592" said:

> > > @"Xuazinegueri.3592" said:

> > > > @"jsp.6912" said:

> > > > very bad idea

> > >

> > > why?

> > >

> > > @"Brimstone Jack.3462" @"felix.2386" you guys are changing the subject of the topic, create a new topic do discuss this or join one of the 100 that already exist

> >

> > Mind your own. Nobody needs fake minimods.

>

> Nobody needs clueless people talking about stuff that shouldnt be discussed in the topic. It has nothing to do to the main subject, please create a new topic or discuss where you should, I came here to see the suggestion about build diversity regarding amulets and not a childish discussion between 2 players, on a completely different matter.

Yeah, talking about balancing items in a thread about balancing items, RESPONDING to another person who mentions balancing said item in said thread about balancing items is TOTALLY off-topic. Please learn to read before trying to be a minimod. They'll never pick you otherwise.

You are the exact reason I want a block feature on these forums.

> @"Xuazinegueri.3592" said:

> > > @"Xuazinegueri.3592" said:

> > > > @"jsp.6912" said:

> > > > very bad idea

> > >

> > > why?

> > >

> > > @"Brimstone Jack.3462" @"felix.2386" you guys are changing the subject of the topic, create a new topic do discuss this or join one of the 100 that already exist

> >

> > Mind your own. Nobody needs fake minimods.

>

> Nobody needs clueless people talking about stuff that shouldnt be discussed in the topic. It has nothing to do to the main subject, please create a new topic or discuss where you should, I came here to see the suggestion about build diversity regarding amulets and not a childish discussion between 2 players, on a completely different matter.

Wait, why am I talking to you? Your opinion is of no consequence to me in the slightest. I can't block you, but I can willfully ignore anything you have to say from this point. Toodles.

> > > @"Brimstone Jack.3462" said:

> > > > @"Xuazinegueri.3592" said:

> > > > > @"jsp.6912" said:

> > > > > very bad idea

> > > >

> > > > why?

> > > >

> > > > @"Brimstone Jack.3462" @"felix.2386" you guys are changing the subject of the topic, create a new topic do discuss this or join one of the 100 that already exist

> > >

> > > Mind your own. Nobody needs fake minimods.

> >

> > Nobody needs clueless people talking about stuff that shouldnt be discussed in the topic. It has nothing to do to the main subject, please create a new topic or discuss where you should, I came here to see the suggestion about build diversity regarding amulets and not a childish discussion between 2 players, on a completely different matter.

>

> Yeah, talking about balancing items in a thread about balancing items, RESPONDING to another person who mentions balancing said item in said thread about balancing items is TOTALLY off-topic. Please learn to read before trying to be a minimod. They'll never pick you otherwise.

>

> You are the exact reason I want a block feature on these forums.

It clearly shows that you did not read what the topic creator's suggested lol. The thread is a suggestion about a different approach to how amulet works, focusing specially on how stats are distributed and how it would work in a new way, nothing related to speed runes, but someone stated something completely nonsense in the wrong topic and you kept the discussion, spamming something that is not related to the original intention of the topic. You know that his suggestion is bad, but you kept feeding his nonsense. Im not here being a minimod, I just dont want to lose my time seeing 2 child discussing something that is not the original subject.

> > > @"Brimstone Jack.3462" said:

> > > > @"Xuazinegueri.3592" said:

> > > > > @"jsp.6912" said:

> > > > > very bad idea

> > > >

> > > > why?

> > > >

> > > > @"Brimstone Jack.3462" @"felix.2386" you guys are changing the subject of the topic, create a new topic do discuss this or join one of the 100 that already exist

> > >

> > > Mind your own. Nobody needs fake minimods.

> >

> > Nobody needs clueless people talking about stuff that shouldnt be discussed in the topic. It has nothing to do to the main subject, please create a new topic or discuss where you should, I came here to see the suggestion about build diversity regarding amulets and not a childish discussion between 2 players, on a completely different matter.

>

> Wait, why am I talking to you? Your opinion is of no consequence to me in the slightest. I can't block you, but I can willfully ignore anything you have to say from this point. Toodles.

Yeah, do that please, I will aprecciate very much. Thanks!

> @"Hogwarts Zebra.8597" said:

> Instead of having a single amulet giving us all our stats, we would have amulet+back

>

> Amulet stats would be halved, and transferred to the backpiece. No changes necessary for existing stat options. This allows simple mix-matching without the chaos of having 14 pieces of gear to select stats for, and may revive some neglected stats like valk. You would still be able to choose the same stats for both amulet and back if u like, and have exactly the same stats as u do now.

>

This is very close to how the game used to work, however since 2013 every patch we get further and further away from this. A-net would have to make a 180 on their balancing approach to PvP to make something like this.

We'd all love more customization options, it's just highly unlikely that something like this would happen.