remove class avoid

felix.2386

so basically if you play for example, necro, your chance of having another necro in your team will be decrease, unless there's a tons of necros Qing.

what's the point?

so if i want to play power warrior, my chance of getting a healbreaker will be drastically decreased and the enemy will have a high chance of getting one.

so i either play healbreaker myself or i play another class...

like what's the fun in this? and if ranger is trash, i just q as ranger and swap so i have lesser chance of getting ranger, it is just cheating the system in a way..

not like you are enforcing class lock anyway, like if necro is overpopulating you still get 4 per game.

I'm not finding the meta as rigid, although I do remember thinking that power warrior was unfairly nerfed. It's a shame it's not bringing enough to the table, they really need to bring back damage on cc skills for warrior only. (Maybe a few exceptions in other classes, like the holosmith elite skill should deal damage too)

I think the system already works this way

If you queue up as class x mm tries to place class x in their team before putting another on your team.

What could be happening somebody in the other team is queuing up as class x and then swap to class y. Like a guys that plays sic em soulbeast queue up as a necro to kinda push a necro into other team, but he swaps in map selection screen so you don't ever get to know that

Ao your team has 2 necros and the other has none, when in fact they should have one

This wouldn't be an issue if the power levels of each Profession after Feb nerfs didn't become extremely lopsided.

Before this, it was simply : aight, everyone can burst, play ball.

Now it's : alright only like 4 Professions can fight like gods, rest just er, twiddle yur thumbs or something.

> @"RedAvenged.5217" said:

> Is ranger trash? I think it would be S teir if not for burn dh- which in every single category is the hardest ranger counter in the game

Yikes. Ranger is probably the biggest hard-counter to burn-DH. Because 1) it has pet to trigger traps for it, 2) most builds have very strong cleansing, and 3) it has a good selection of ranged weapons which are perfect for kiting a DH and staying away from its traps/symbols while pewpew'ing down its HP bar.

Thief or warrior having a hard time with trapper DH is understandable..... but ranger?! Ranger right now is being shut out by Renegade.

Back on topic: So what's your solution OP? Either you'd have to prevent people from swapping classes during the pre-match, which has all sorts of problems, or, you'd have to completely remove any class-balancing logic from the matchmaker and making it truly blind/random, which would make it possible to have teams composed of 5 of the same class. Does that sound preferable? Really?

OP, you obviously missed times when one would end up with 4 thieves on the team vs balanced comp on other side, especially when enemy team also has good players - it was horror and caused a lot of toxicity. I like currently implemented aspect of the matchmaking that attempts to avoid class stacking.

@"Ragnar.4257" its just not. Guard is and has been the biggest counter to ranger. Anything with aoe condi damage will basically face roll ranger.

Yeah a bad dh is pretty well countered by ranger becuz ranger with valk amulet can rip it fast, but that doesn’t happen often against a good one. And your actually not gonna see longbow or a ranged weapon much on this build.

The average ranger build at best against this will just sit off node with longbow and basically just decap and then kite again. It will not be able to get node or ever win against a good dh becuz it is hard countered.

Enforcing players queued profession after they press "ready" would force build diversity.

Can't go meta if you can't swap classes that have bad match ups you don't want to innovate with.

For the PvE players, just swap and go to your so called professions you want to play with before pressing Ready.

If 30 seconds ain't enough, Anet can easily increase the ready up time to 1 minute.