You enjoyed pvp more when?

Like I said countless times on the forum by this time: I liked where the Feb-Patch, and maybe also the one or two following, were heading but where we have arrived now is absolute garbage imho. Just half-assed execution of the idea that was communicated and some very questionable changes (or lack of changes, depending on the class) throughout the year.

I don't know if Anet (or CMC in particular) changed their criteria or weight of certain aspects they take into account when making balance decisions but if they did then it wasn't for the better, that's for sure.

It's like they looked at some of the most unfun periods in PvP's history and said: "Hey, let's do that again."

These polls are popping up daily, and the majority of people seem to dislike it. Even if you don't subscribe to the whole "majority rules" mentality, maybe you'll agree that it was probably a bad idea to force something so polarizing on a gamemode that was already bleeding players.

> @"Multicolorhipster.9751" said:

> It's like they looked at some of the most unfun periods in PvP's history and said: "Hey, let's do that again."

>

> These polls are popping up daily, and the majority of people seem to dislike it. Even if you don't subscribe to the whole "majority rules" mentality, maybe you'll agree that it was probably a bad idea to force something so polarizing on a gamemode that was already bleeding players.

the gw2 PvP forum has been full of crying since release. it has never liked current meta, and has always looked on the past with rose tinted glasses even though the forum was always full of tears regardless of meta.

why? because this is where people come to vent their frustrations. no one is coming here after a great game to post. it's basically entirely salt posting.

if you think that kind of a communities opinion is indicative of anything, well hey buddy I have some shiny rocks to sell you. hmu in the DMs, they start at around £300.

on topic tho, my boomer ass still misses rifle being viable on engineer kekw

> @"Multicolorhipster.9751" said:

> It's like they looked at some of the most unfun periods in PvP's history and said: "Hey, let's do that again."

>

> These polls are popping up daily, and the majority of people seem to dislike it. Even if you don't subscribe to the whole "majority rules" mentality, maybe you'll agree that it was probably a bad idea to force something so polarizing on a gamemode that was already bleeding players.

What I learnt here is that people "love" damage as long as they're the ones dealing it and they hate bunkers when they're not the ones doing the bunkering

I enjoyed pvp before Anet decided to make it p2W so before pre-HoT patch and celestial meta and obviously before elites have been introduced. Back then while having some issues the combat was indeed balanced around risk and reward. Then everything just became spammy.

> @"Math.5123" said:

> I liked pvp more when Rev wasn't part of it.

Excuse me? Just as a reminder: Rev (Herald) caused massive q_q on the forums with several heavy nerf hammer even before 2020.. The S/S Herald was perceived as extremely oppressive pre-Shiro nerf and Shackling Wave nerf. Back when Renegade wasn't even considered viable.

> @"DoomNexus.5324" said:

> > @"Math.5123" said:

> > I liked pvp more when Rev wasn't part of it.

>

> Excuse me? Just as a reminder: Rev (Herald) caused massive q_q on the forums with several heavy nerf hammer even before 2020.. The S/S Herald was perceived as extremely oppressive pre-Shiro nerf and Shackling Wave nerf. Back when Renegade wasn't even considered viable.

I know, rev has almost always been oppressive.

Take it from someone who used to live and breath the game, and has 23k hours in total with it( before you know, stopped playing as much.) It was better in February. Anyone who has been with the game for a long time could see the writing on the wall before they implemented the February patch, with their preview. What baffles me still is people bought into their whole faster balance patch promise, despite their track record, and in wake of some bad changes, with the thought process of, "oh they'll fix it quickly, they said they would." Those changes in February could've been great if they actually did a deep dive of every spec they were balancing, and not a lazy sweeping blanket change.

> @"choovanski.5462" said:

> the gw2 PvP forum has been full of crying since release. it has never liked current meta, and has always looked on the past with rose tinted glasses even though the forum was always full of tears regardless of meta.

>

> why? because this is where people come to vent their frustrations. no one is coming here after a great game to post. it's basically entirely salt posting.

I mean... U rite. I feel that. Anet should take those things we say with a grain of salt, and they shouldn't listen to us so much. That's how we end up in places like this.

Should be about scale really. If a bunch of people are complaining about one thing, then its probably worth looking into. If one person makes a thread asking for an amulet to be removed, and it gets little to no support, then its probably better to ignore it.

Also, is that a rose-tinted glasses comment? The classic LULW

> if you think that kind of a communities opinion is indicative of anything, well hey buddy I have some shiny rocks to sell you. hmu in the DMs, they start at around £300.

It is pretty telling honestly. If you look at most competitive games, their forums are usually just filled with cringey inside memes. The kind that if you find yourself unfortunate enough to click on, will never leave your YouTube recommends for forever.

I'll pass on the shiny rocks for now, but i'll keep you added just incase we keep going this direction.

> @"Arheundel.6451" said:

> What I learnt here is that people "love" damage as long as they're the ones dealing it and they hate bunkers when they're not the ones doing the bunkering

That's interesting really. Personally, I've been playing a bunker build for the past year and I actually hate it.

I do love damage though. Damage is pretty neat.

Even before; playing bunker builds occasionally, much preferred the threat of damage dealers to the threat of rising blood pressure and cortisol levels brought on by the excessive caffeine consumption I need to get through a single daily in the current slogfest.

Before feb - one mistake and u are dead.

After feb - u can make 28461 mistakes and still win the fight.

(Almost) All classes have block, i mean wtf

Also, since feb with every patch there was one amulet removed. Why? Will we end up with only berserk or with no amulets?

So, I have been playing GW2 since release, mained necro for years, saw the metas come and go... Some people can google sheobix juggermancer gw2 and see that. I've been here since the beginning.

Tank metas suck and killed PvP every single time. Cheese traits that 100% invalidate damage sources kill the meta as well.

Back in the day, when eles had diamond skin that made them take 0 conditions above 90% hp combined with bunker/shield setup made them unkillable. People left the game back then. (this was pre-HoT in 2013).

At the peak of organized and streamed sPvP, like pre-Nos era, bunker mesmer became the longstanding meta. sPvP matches hit timer, and they could hold points indefinitely. People left back then too. HoT released, chrono made it even worse with phan ether resets, illusion spamming and portal kiting.

Now after this patch, I'm playing warrior; mainly the mender/shoutspam heal bunker build and I am literally braindead on a warrior-- hop into ranked matches and I can literally unbind WASD and just condi cleanse 4x, shout invuln onto target, drop banner and pop might and just autoattack people to death and never drop below 50% while my entire team gets healed for 2k per shout. I nearly AFK'd a steamroll win on a class I have ZERO mechanical muscle memory on. I am legit going to bind all my utilities to a darn digital maraca or bop-it and shake it to heal myself for fun and show you how much of a joke this meta is.

People are going to leave again.

Stop it with the bunker metas. You guys need to implement DR mechanics, or make healing more potent AND have less uptime to provide a counter-window. PvP should be hard, loose, and fast. Make a mistake and eat abilities-- you deserve to die. Likewise, landing abilities should feel rewarding. Right now, entire class themes/rotations and abilities feel useless. But this constant drip-feed of passive healing based on class mechanics like shout spam, illusion spams, condition immunity, etc. STOP.

Had fun before with some of the power creep, but the meta was way more stale.

Now I'm still having fun, perhaps more than before even if I got nerfed in most of the aspects I used to play with because I'm able to play various builds now and I see people play various things as well unlike before.

I disagree with the bunker meta also, this is power meta. Should get it right.