Why arent people more angry about augery rock

I may need a guide, then. I think it's pillar 13 (could be 12 or 14, it's one of that bunch) that I ended up skipping because I can never find the 4th orb. By the time I get inside and through all the mobs to the upper pillars, I only have two or three attempts before I'm booted out.

> @Donari.5237 said:

> I may need a guide, then. I think it's pillar 13 (could be 12 or 14, it's one of that bunch) that I ended up skipping because I can never find the 4th orb. By the time I get inside and through all the mobs to the upper pillars, I only have two or three attempts before I'm booted out.

I think one of them spawns down below which is why it may be missed. There’s also spawns in the tunnel a little after you start the upper pillars. I think it was 13 that had you backtrack to there.

> @"Nick Lentz.6982" said:

> HoT LITERALLY wouldn't let you reach certain parts of the map because of meta. So yeah.

I think what folks are mistaken is that it was more than just a few PoI/vistas /hero challenges blocked by meta progress and in some bad cases, successful meta completion (original AB Tarnished Sage hero point), but also that some were blocked by *story* progression.

Of course, then we have not just Orr and Infinity Coil Reactor as folks mention, but Claw Island too. But those metas aren't really as bad as requiring completing Dragon's Stand, and Octovine.

Honestly though I never saw it as an issue myself, but I did understand were folks were coming from.

> @"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:

> > @"Nick Lentz.6982" said:

> > HoT LITERALLY wouldn't let you reach certain parts of the map because of meta. So yeah.

>

> I think what folks are mistaken is that it was more than just a few PoI/vistas /hero challenges blocked by meta progress and in some bad cases, successful meta completion (original AB Tarnished Sage hero point), but also that some were blocked by *story* progression.

>

> Of course, then we have not just Orr and Infinity Coil Reactor as folks mention, but Claw Island too. But those metas aren't really as bad as requiring completing Dragon's Stand, and Octovine.

>

> Honestly though I never saw it as an issue myself, but I did understand were folks were coming from.

What was blocked by story progression? I only ask because I’ve done map completion without even doing the first story instance.

> @"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:

> > @zombyturtle.5980 said:

> > > @"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:

> > > > @Haishao.6851 said:

> > > > You could ask the same about Infinite Coil or every Orr Temples.

> > > > I think they pretended to care about it in HoT because they want a reason to hate it.

> > > >

> > >

> > > What's infinite coil?

> > > The only one in Orr would be that stupid horrible waypoint that leads to the dungeon. I think it's Cursed Shore. I hate that one and wish they didn't do that.

> >

> > Infinity coils the 5 poi and the wp near the entrance to the crucible of eternity dungeon in mt malestrom. You cant get in there at all unless you complete the meta even to unlock the outside doors, or hop over with a mount. Also there are a few hero points in orr which require their temples metas to be complete to grab. Some can be circumvented with stealth but some like melandru need a clear temple.

> >

> > Also its pretty ironic that I complained about dungeons being blocked by meta events back when they were run alot. I was just sick of soloing the meta to open infinity coil for the 100th time and open world players told me 'events are part of the game you should have to do them'

>

> > @zombyturtle.5980 said:

> > > @OrbitalButt.5708 said:

> > > I don't see the problem and getting angry over something so minor seems silly

> >

> > Yes thats what I dont undestand. So why did people get so outraged over hot.

>

> Going by this, I would assume because I can solo (minus that Cursed Shore one I mentioned) the ones I've seen so far.

> I can't solo most of any in HoT. Especially Dragon's Stand.

No you cant solo the temples in orr, especially balthazar. Infinityu coil can be soloed but only by experienced players because it also is a group event with a champion at the end. Almost all locked areas in HOT can be unlocked by completing the first events in a quest chain which can be soloed. The exception is ofc the lowest part of dragons stand.

> @MetalGirl.2370 said:

> God forbid you need to revisit same place 2-3 times to complete achievement. How dare they make you play the game. :/

Guess I might need to edit my initial post as I said at the bottom I can live with it. I was just pointing out how frustraing the achievement can be due to the time limit and as its gated behind a meta event which needs multiple people to complete I find it hypocritical that people are fine with this but cried for weeks / months about hots content gating.

> > @"Nick Lentz.6982" said:

> > HoT LITERALLY wouldn't let you reach certain parts of the map because of meta. So yeah.

>

> I think what folks are mistaken is that it was more than just a few PoI/vistas /hero challenges blocked by meta progress and in some bad cases, successful meta completion (original AB Tarnished Sage hero point), but also that some were blocked by *story* progression.

>

> Of course, then we have not just Orr and Infinity Coil Reactor as folks mention, but Claw Island too. But those metas aren't really as bad as requiring completing Dragon's Stand, and Octovine.

>

> Honestly though I never saw it as an issue myself, but I did understand were folks were coming from.

I'm pretty sure all of core Tyria was fixed so you didn't need to do the Pre events.

Except the Covington event. (Which was added when mounts came along and hope for a fix)

For me it was (same poi)in AB. I get down to one more and I get excited. Only to remember I have to wait 40 minutes to get it.

> I'm pretty sure all of core Tyria was fixed so you didn't need to do the Pre events.

> Except the Covington event. (Which was added when mounts came along and hope for a fix)

>

> For me it was (same poi)in AB. I get down to one more and I get excited. Only to remember I have to wait 40 minutes to get it.

Access to hero challenges at temples were never changed. The statues there still damage you if you're not stealthed, and there's still quite a lot of risen at most. AFAIK, the only change was access to Arah dungeon (and WP by extension).

Infinity Coil Reactor is still closed until you get halfway through the meta. You also still need Claw Island to have map completion (four PoI in Claw Island) so that requires doing a bit more than half of the PS.

Only HoT meta and story progress requirements were changed, but there's still that one PoI in AB and Dragon's Stand that require meta progression (and success in Dragon's Stand case).

>

> I'm pretty sure all of core Tyria was fixed so you didn't need to do the Pre events.

> Except the Covington event. (Which was added when mounts came along and hope for a fix)

>

Infinity coil at least still requires completion of the first part of the meta to open acess to the POI and wp, and requires full completion to access the dungeon. A few months ago melandru temple and balthazar temple needed to be clear to channel the hero points there without taking damage and interrupting their channels. IM assuming they are still the same today, though I havnt done orr completion since august.

> @Ayrilana.1396 said:

> > @"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:

> > > @"Nick Lentz.6982" said:

> > > HoT LITERALLY wouldn't let you reach certain parts of the map because of meta. So yeah.

> >

> > I think what folks are mistaken is that it was more than just a few PoI/vistas /hero challenges blocked by meta progress and in some bad cases, successful meta completion (original AB Tarnished Sage hero point), but also that some were blocked by *story* progression.

> >

> > Of course, then we have not just Orr and Infinity Coil Reactor as folks mention, but Claw Island too. But those metas aren't really as bad as requiring completing Dragon's Stand, and Octovine.

> >

> > Honestly though I never saw it as an issue myself, but I did understand were folks were coming from.

>

> What was blocked by story progression? I only ask because I’ve done map completion without even doing the first story instance.

Inner Chamber in AB but IIRC you can be portaled inside so technically not entirely story gated.

> @Ayrilana.1396 said:

> > > @"Nick Lentz.6982" said:

> > > HoT LITERALLY wouldn't let you reach certain parts of the map because of meta. So yeah.

> >

> > I think what folks are mistaken is that it was more than just a few PoI/vistas /hero challenges blocked by meta progress and in some bad cases, successful meta completion (original AB Tarnished Sage hero point), but also that some were blocked by *story* progression.

> >

> > Of course, then we have not just Orr and Infinity Coil Reactor as folks mention, but Claw Island too. But those metas aren't really as bad as requiring completing Dragon's Stand, and Octovine.

> >

> > Honestly though I never saw it as an issue myself, but I did understand were folks were coming from.

>

> What was blocked by story progression? I only ask because I’ve done map completion without even doing the first story instance.

Inner Chamber PoI, its Vista, and Sanctum Scramble in Auric Basin required the completion of the story step City of Hope (pretty much HoT's halfway point).

There was a work around with mesmer portals but without requiring others and fancy work arounds, you needed to do that story step.

> @RoseofGilead.8907 said:

>

> Claw Island's POIs don't count towards map completion.

They do - or at least did for a very long time. If you don't anymore, then they changed it. I remember my third map completion got halted because of Claw Island.

> They do - or at least did for a very long time. If you don't anymore, then they changed it. I remember my third map completion got halted because of Claw Island.

If they ever did, it hasn't been the case since I started doing world completion (which was about 4 years ago). The wiki even mentions it.

> @Zaltys.7649 said:

> By the way, did anyone actually stop to read what the prophecies said? I just clicked through them as fast as I could, because of all the aggros plus the time limit. ...seemed like poor design to me.

When it's closed, you can read all the ones you translated on the big plaques right outside augury rock. (Where the first visage of pelentia spawns)