Still the best MMO on the market.

Wander.5780

> @"Scipion.7548" said:

> GW2 would be a great game and better than WoW for me if :

> - i could really play a tanky support with my guardian, as it was stated when I created my character, in every game mode (like it would be meta). Blizzard said I can play a healer shaman, and yes I can. Anet said I can play a true tanky support hybrid, and no I can't, the meta boys say I have to be a full berserker Dragon Hunter DPS. I have to play the beastmaster guy to be support or a light armored pink wizard to be tanky. What the hell ?

Thats really your problem not anet's. You're the one that is playing with a group of close minded 'meta boys'. Firebrand support is super strong and very viable across all game modes with mace/shield + staff.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"zinkz.7045" said:

> Which is why it has the most players, oh wait...

Well presumably we all agree, if we all chose to play GW2. It doesn't mean it's ideal - just better than the alternatives. Personally I came to GW2 after WoW, LOTRO, EVE, and SWTOR, and it solves many of the problems that made them suck for me. I'd still like to find a better game, but so far this is the best I've come across.

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> > @"Leo G.4501" said:

> > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > @"Leo G.4501" said:

> > > > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > > > @"Leo G.4501" said:

> > > > > > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Leo G.4501" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Ardenwolfe.8590" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"witcher.3197" said:. Where is this freedom of choice, need for thought, and class identity you speak of?

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > With those players who know exactly the class and style they want to play. It's also with those players who demand every skill, trait, gear, rune, and sigil choice matters for their specific gaming style. This also includes pet choices for rangers and necromancers. That alone makes a world of difference or each player. Again, these choices require you have a brain and do some research for what you want in your game-play.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > That said, I very much remember everyone telling me I was playing my ranger wrong because of my choices. Were they right? Was I wrong? Doesn't matter. The point is I got to _choose_.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > And if you can't see that, there's nothing else to discuss.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I'd agree with this sentiment except the devs seem dead set on removing choices. When they pretty much removed Spirit Weapons from Guardian, I was told "spirit weapons were garbage, they're better now" but are completely obvlivious to the point that they provided a choice and style to your play that is now not possible (I have no entities to spread my many boons to while solo...) and now have generic AoEs (what is the difference between a spirit weapon and a consecration? one has the ammo system). The same can be said for mesmer phantasms but apparently, the whole phantasm build is just shoehorned into Mirage now...

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Having started up Tera again, I notice a particular drawback to GW2's builds and systems: boons and conditions. The system is too saturated and watered down. Sure, you notice a difference when a foe is bogged down by every condition in the book but individual conditions are extremely muted and they have to be because of their abundance. Same with boons. In other games, when a buffer or debuffer is around, it makes a huge difference while at the same time, those buffers/debuffers only provide a niche of effects, not "nearly every effect in the game perma".

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > This has a direct effect on builds, build-craft and diversity.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > U are also oblivious to the point that much like phantasms vs shatter spirits weapons were a playstyle that if u chose to spec around u were shooting your self in the foot. Not they remain quite unique still while also be alot better.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > And I'm sure there's a great meta for Spirit Weapon Guard/DH/FB out there too...it was all worth it!

> > > > >

> > > > > Ye gs its pretty neat to run with dh. And lb is really good in wvw zerg play.

> > > >

> > > > And they only had to nerf the crap out of FB support to get to that point.

> > > >

> > > > At the end of the day, you're just praising the act of going around in circles chasing the tail of the meta that you won't catch.

> > >

> > > Nah Fb was and argueably still is insane in wvw. Not every summon is bis but lets not kid ourselves they are better than what they were before.

> >

> > A common problem of posters arguing on internet forums: strawman argument.

> >

> > Never said Spirit Weapons were worse so saying the contrary is disingenuous. What I did say is, changing them in the hopes of making them meta is unnecessary because the players set the meta. Just because spirit weapons are better than they were won't change that they aren't meta and making them generic AoEs is only homogenizing gameplay.

> >

> > Your argument basically amounts to "they changed them so now I will use them" while ignoring the fact others will now NOT use them which, if trends continue, can harm the game overall.

>

> They werent changed in hopes of becoming meta. They were changed because they were problematic.

Oh, so Spirit weapons were breaking the game? That's what problematic means. Either that or it was breaking the Guardian profession. That would also be problematic specifically for Guardian.

But none of that is true. Spirit weapons weren't breaking a certain aspect of the game nor were they holding Guardian back from being great.

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> And your arguement is "they changed them so i wont use them" while ignoring the fact that others will. Biggest example being the mesmer rework and how if it didmt had happened it would further hurt mesmer down the line. Despite some ppl liking the previous iteration more.

And then there are those that didn't give a flip about Spirit Weapons and still don't give a flip about Spirit Weapons. The change doesn't even break even because people are annoyed that the devs are wasting resources and time buffing them instead of other aspects of the profession.

Show me posters that are craving more Spirit Weapon changes and buffs and I'll show you several who find it a waste of time and show you several more on top of that who disapprove they were changed into AoEs to begin with. And that may be anecdotal, but for a more objective measure of this argument, count the number of meta builds that use it and this will aid in the bigger picture.

Again, I'm not arguing whether spirit weapons are better or worse but rather stigmitizing the notion of fundamental gameplay changes and skill homoginization. Even if changing Elementalist so that F1-4 didn't exist and relied on the weapon and traits to determine if a spell was fire, water, earth or air to improve the overall strength of skills, it would piss players off and push them away. Spirit Weapons is just a minor example, phantasms a not-as-minor example. I'm sure many players would love to get rid of Ranger pets too but many would also see such a change as a bait and switch.

I paid for GW2 originally, have paid for each expansion pack and have spent what I consider a good amount on Gems and the game is now unplayable with crashes that everyone else is experiencing. Have raised a ticket and every aspect of my equipment has been scrutinised and at the end of the day its...... the game itself. What a waste of time, money and effort.... looking for an alternative game... any advice??

One cannot compare GW2 to an MMO that has monthly plans that fund content and a cash flow from purchasing that content. GW2 on the other hand has to rely on the player base to purchase items from the cash shop to further fund content and then purchase that content to further even more development. Playebase asks for items in the cash shop or better RNG rewards via BLC and gets those items and then refuse to buy because oh wait.... it's RNG and I didn't get with my first key. OR I wanted a mount skin but not at that price!

I have a feeling though that the cash shop does pretty well but no where near the player base that WoW for example has meaning quite a bit more income to do huge development releases.

Just my opinion....

• 10 months later...

I love GW2 but I can't help but play GW1 more. Once you ignore the graphical and movement option differences, I still much prefer GW1 to GW2. I missed Vanquishes and Hereos and that HUGE array of skills and Instanced zones and twin professions and the overall pace and tactical feel to the game. They're both great games but GW1 still get's the most love from me and my wife... And most of our Guild at the moment, oddly. Though that's not usually the case. They must be feeling nostalgic at the moment. I'd love it if GW1 got a follow up game (or even a new campaign/expansion). I want GW3 (assuming that there will be on, some day) to keep the glitz of GW2 but put the tactical feel back into the game that GW1 had. All the things that I feel are missing from GW2 that were right there is GW1 and I'd pay all kinds of money for and updated version of the game. Hell I'd even re-buy GW1 it for my smartphone and the Switch if it ever got a re-release. I wonder how many (if any) of you share my feelings on this matter? Either way, enjoy your game.

> @"Shou Gaijin.7890" said:

> I love GW2 but I can't help but play GW1 more. Once you ignore the graphical and movement option differences, I still much prefer GW1 to GW2. I missed Vanquishes and Hereos and that HUGE array of skills and Instanced zones and twin professions and the overall pace and tactical feel to the game. They're both great games but GW1 still get's the most love from me and my wife... And most of our Guild at the moment, oddly. Though that's not usually the case. They must be feeling nostalgic at the moment. I'd love it if GW1 got a follow up game (or even a new campaign/expansion). I want GW3 (assuming that there will be on, some day) to keep the glitz of GW2 but put the tactical feel back into the game that GW1 had. All the things that I feel are missing from GW2 that were right there is GW1 and I'd pay all kinds of money for and updated version of the game. Hell I'd even re-buy GW1 it for my smartphone and the Switch if it ever got a re-release. I wonder how many (if any) of you share my feelings on this matter? Either way, enjoy your game.

You might want to review [this thread](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/66857/i-miss-guild-wars#latest "this thread") which is already discussing these points. ;)

> @"Biff.5312" said:

> > @"zinkz.7045" said:

> > Which is why it has the most players, oh wait...

>

> Well presumably we all agree, if we all chose to play GW2. It doesn't mean it's ideal - just better than the alternatives. Personally I came to GW2 after WoW, LOTRO, EVE, and SWTOR, and it solves many of the problems that made them suck for me. I'd still like to find a better game, but so far this is the best I've come across.

I agree completely. One of the things that makes GW2 great for me is that all content is relevant. You just finished Chapter 5 of LS Season 4, yet you still have reasons to go back to the Gendarren Fields, and can still get relevant rewards.

I have a few minor complaints with the game structure overall, but nothing is perfect. If I had to pick one though, while I love that GW2 allows you to tag NPCs for participation without having to be in a party, something WoW took a decade to implement, I do not like how even if you're in a party in GW2, you are still basically playing alone. If you kill an NPC before a party member can tag it, they get no progress on the heart. I find this makes open world questing far less enjoyable than it was in other games like WoW.

> @"Vasdamas Anklast.1607" said:

> Despite kitten balance in spvp...despite abandoned and forgotten wvw...despite mounts rng...yeah, will see once something else fancy appears though.

It is easy to take for granted to things that work right and just focus on the things that are wrong.

I'm not sure about abandoned and forgotten WvWvW, that implies people aren't playing it. Which is objectively false as people ARE playing it. Also, patches impact it. So double-false.

The community went after Anet for their mount skins hard, and Anet figured out that they messed up. Though, I suspect that NCSoft was pulling more than a few strings here and Anet isn't completely at fault. So, outdated complaint and possibly misdirected.

As for balance. . .yeah, MMOs don't exactly do well in the balance department. Mostly balance rotates in MMOs, a class is overturned one day, normal the next, or undertuned in a month. It shifts. I wouldn't pay as much attention to the forums, gameplay experience has shown me that you can do fine with an underperforming class. The general rule of thumb is to play what you enjoy in MMOs because you may be OP today but you could just as easily be underpowered next month. With so many factors in MMOs, it's nearly an impossible feat to get balance just right. With greater variety, you'll always have weaker builds and stronger builds unless everything is the exact same with no variety (which is terrible for the player).

Another side-note, Balance =/= Fun. If it did, the industry would easily be able to market a game where we'd all have one profession, one set of stats, and no variation in skills one could use. Everyone would be the exact same mechanically. Personally, I think a great experience is taking a class that is "underpowered" and demolishing others that, on paper, you'd have no right to beat. Or taking a none-meta build and doing really well despite its inefficiencies. Or making an original build that could rival a meta one (but keeping it to yourself). You can't do those things in a balanced game.

___

GW2 does really well in most departments. It struggles in common departments that most MMOs struggle in and excels in others that many MMOs are weak in. That doesn't mean Anet can do no wrong and should rest on their laurels (though, they are generally fairly talented devs), but to say they are doing a poor job is either disingenuous or a sign of ignorance around the practices in the genre.

___

A bit of speculation, but I think a lot of these posts come up from people who just haven't played many other MMOs actively. You live in the GW2 bubble for a while, forget what it does well that other games don't and then just start seeing the flaws. Then you think its awful because all you see are the flaws. Then you start taking it for granted.

A breath of fresh air does wonders, imo. I usually dive into other MMOs (usually ESO) for a few months on the side, partially for variety and partially so I don't forget why GW2 is one of the better MMOs on the market right now.

After they destroyed core Mesmer, I would have ditched this game the day it happened if the combat system wasn't the best I've played in any MMO.

Because after all, it's not the story, or the graphics or the playerbase that matters.

It's the gameplay. And it doesn't get better than this.

Now if they can just fix my favorite class then I can love this game again as much as I used to.

When MMO genre was new, it was great/epic. Now it's just like any other genre and people aren't excited because it's all mostly the same. Grind, get stuff to some variation, whether it be gear or cosmetics,pets,etc. I was one of those that used to and still from time, just think of stuff that would keep me interested, or would be great for the game. GW2 was very well thought out and innovative. Let's not forget, making money is still the bottom line and some decisions are made towards that, popular opinion or not(sometimes it doesn't work out).

I played Gemstone 2 (a text based mmo), to Everquest and Everquest 2. Never played WoW as I was not a fan of the cartoonish graphics. Wow is really outdated.

I'll list my experiences:

Gemstone 2

2 things stood out that made grinding exciting. I'm not sure how Wow is in regards to this.

1) I had a very rare chance to get a unique item that you can't buy or grind anywhere. I once got a statue that when rubbed gave me a healing herbs(you get scarred in this game overtime from injuries and if you don't heal the scars you are less effective). It's possible for more than 1 to have it, but it is so rare, it created some excitement, something great, can drop anywhere(I know this is where precursors come in). But there was no grinding afterwards, you get the special item right there. It was an awesome feeling. Unfortunately it seems there's a sense of entitlement in this game, anyone should be able to have it. I feel some items that are unique(say a statue that gives you a certain or even random type of food), but not game breaking, where NOT everyone can have it, can be exciting.

2) There were annual events that if you were not there at the time, you won't be able to get the exclusive items(similar to to Halloween,etc). Except in these events, you can custom your weapon/armor(it's much easier since it's text based description) for a hefty price. You can even get custom tatoos, etc(think infusions or some cool effect). If they would implement something like this, it'd be awesome. Perhaps include in the price map currencies that are dropped uniquely in each map that is tradeable for a specific theme. This would cause a chaotic market on the Trading post during these events. I mean they can even include black lion stuff that is needed. I"m sure sales would boom and this keeps map interest. Of course this would all be in the gemstore instead in gw2 most likely instead, which is unfortunate.

3) This game had traditional, fire does more damage to water types, holy > undead. This is nothing new, however, what it created was a market for specific type of weapons and you keep multiple weapons handy. There was a sword that proc lighting(looking at you Thunderfry) on hit. I agree on how it's currently implemented now in that these weapons with special proc should not be in Dungeons/Raids/pvp, perhaps even WVW. But for PVE, I don't see why not. Nothing overpowered of course, but that extra proc gives weapons uniqueness. This can be similar to #1, where it's a very very rare drop not everyone can have. Bascially an item that is cool/provides adimiration, but is not gamebreaking.

4) The in game factions for GW2 are there but do nothing in actuality. There was a order of Voln(where I get unique skills for undead) where I was able to bless a sword to attack undead. Normal weapons couldn't hurt undead unless it was blessed. I'm not sure how that would fit in here or how that would work out here, but food for thought.

5) The housing here was community based as far as seeing the outside of your house. This was pretty cool as you'd have the same neighbors or see a group of people in a certain instance, if they bought a house in the same street/area as you. I hope housing in GW2 is like this, as people want to show off their hard earned stuff.

Everquest:

This game started it all and was pretty much hardcore. If you died, you're neked and you needed to retrieve your body where you died. Some people lay at certain spots for weeks, until they can get someone to help them. I'm not sure if death was changed later, but it was like this when I started.

Unfortunately it was too grindy/epic in the end game. You couldn't do anything without big groups. Think 100 man raids. 8 hours and chances of someone not dropping due to internet or not dropping dead in hard to reach places were slim. I never went to another Raid again and quit soon after.

There was one feature that I enjoyed about the game. Factions. I.E., you can have good relations with wood elves, but that means Dark Elves usually hate you. Which means, good factions are amicable with you, while evil factions,races were not. This causes some interesting situations. There's this Necro that used to roam around outside of human starting town. My brother played a evil dark elf necro and of course he'd kill me. But my brother was left alone. He was attacked on site on the human town, however he did enough deeds to build up deeds where he was allowed in town at some point. However there was always 1 or 2 named NPCs that were so righteous that they required more faction points to be neutral(not sure if it was even possible), and he'd sometimes run into them and get chased out of town( NPCS were very powerful). Just the randomness of this made things interesting.

Everquest 2:

This killed MMO for me for at least 5 years. The grind was real. I can't recall any good memories except the graphics were not bad. This still had the feeling of a epic world lik Everquest though. Where you don't want to get stuck in certain places.

GW2

I played for 1 week during release and quit.

Reasons I can recall at the time.

1. I was not able to equip my character with anything remotely to my liking during lower levels. The weapons/armor were bland looking until you hit 80. I understand why now, but I was used to being able to get nice looking stuff in Everquest at lower levels.

2. I was not used to the combat and thought 5 weapon skills were boring. Of course I now know combat is much more inquisitive.

Overall game is not perfect but still the best out there in almost all facets of MMO features. I have no idea why housing is not implemented in this game, but I hope it's not like what it is now, where it's a solo instance that no one can see without going into your instance. I hope it's implemented similar to Gemstone 2 housing. If they implement it this way I have no doubt, it'd be a big money maker for stuff people would buy to decorate the outside and inside of the house.

> @"usnedward.9023" said:

> One cannot compare GW2 to an MMO that has monthly plans that fund content and a cash flow from purchasing that content. GW2 on the other hand has to rely on the player base to purchase items from the cash shop to further fund content and then purchase that content to further even more development. Playebase asks for items in the cash shop or better RNG rewards via BLC and gets those items and then refuse to buy because oh wait.... it's RNG and I didn't get with my first key. OR I wanted a mount skin but not at that price!

>

> I have a feeling though that the cash shop does pretty well but no where near the player base that WoW for example has meaning quite a bit more income to do huge development releases.

>

> Just my opinion....

If gw2 has made some design choices (some bad choices imo) that doesnt mean w shouldnt compaire it to other mmos. The MMO genre has a number of good mmo and its quite compotive as of rn. Gw2 cant allow itself to fall on the side because "its abit diff and you cant compaire it".

If someone wants to play an mmo and gw2 doesnt scratch that ich they wont stop and think "oh its the same system so i shouldnt be hard on it" they will just go and play something else.

Settling for mediocroty doesnt lead to greatness.

GW2 does a lot of things right and it definitely is the most consumer-friendly mmorpg out there.

I don't think there is a "best" MMORPG right now. Each game has its own strenghts and weaknesses and in the end it depends on what you're looking for at the moment.

GW2 for example does combat and open world events really well and the world feels alive. ESO has great solo content with a ton of fully voiced quests, good crafting system and arenas of all kind. FFXIV has a good story, great raids and is very alt friendly, as in you can play every class on one character.

I'm not including WoW BfA here because the game is way past its prime and is not worth your time and money. If you wanna try WoW go for the classic server which will be released in summer.

Tldr: Play what you enjoy and don't bash other games if you never played them. Try them, you might like certain aspects of that game. ;)

Well, as someone said above - MMOs are becoming less popular. I, however, think that ANet's been doing a really good job lately (put aside class balance). I'd love to be able to get that Vanilla feeling again but I I like the way it is now.

It's really hard to make everyone happy about the game, but there's definitely a way to make everyone enjoy something.

Now, if the Devs focus **(but like for real)** on the competitive environment of the game and daily activities It'st just going to be bananas ?!

I like that they take their time in balance patches and finally realized what they want to go for.

I've tried Beta Crowfall (I think it looks very promising) and I think they have some great ideas there.

I've been thinking of trying out ESO.

Just **ANet**, focus on a single thing at a time and do your best while doing it - then go to the next subject.

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> > @"usnedward.9023" said:

> > One cannot compare GW2 to an MMO that has monthly plans that fund content and a cash flow from purchasing that content. GW2 on the other hand has to rely on the player base to purchase items from the cash shop to further fund content and then purchase that content to further even more development. Playebase asks for items in the cash shop or better RNG rewards via BLC and gets those items and then refuse to buy because oh wait.... it's RNG and I didn't get with my first key. OR I wanted a mount skin but not at that price!

> >

> > I have a feeling though that the cash shop does pretty well but no where near the player base that WoW for example has meaning quite a bit more income to do huge development releases.

> >

> > Just my opinion....

>

> If gw2 has made some design choices (some bad choices imo) that doesnt mean w shouldnt compaire it to other mmos. The MMO genre has a number of good mmo and its quite compotive as of rn. Gw2 cant allow itself to fall on the side because "its abit diff and you cant compaire it".

>

> If someone wants to play an mmo and gw2 doesnt scratch that ich they wont stop and think "oh its the same system so i shouldnt be hard on it" they will just go and play something else.

>

> Settling for mediocroty doesnt lead to greatness.

I have a feeling certain mmos will be going down soon bdo cough cough. Eso is ok but they still havent revamped their combat system and tons of people do not like the combat system and most do not like weaving in combat it looks like your having a seizure, there is nothing really else in big numbers just smaller numbers on older mmos. Buut newer mmos will be coming out this year so we shall see what happens.

> @"Mushuchalaka.9437" said:

> When MMO genre was new, it was great/epic. Now it's just like any other genre and people aren't excited because it's all mostly the same. Grind, get stuff to some variation, whether it be gear or cosmetics,pets,etc. I was one of those that used to and still from time, just think of stuff that would keep me interested, or would be great for the game. GW2 was very well thought out and innovative. Let's not forget, making money is still the bottom line and some decisions are made towards that, popular opinion or not(sometimes it doesn't work out).

>

> I played Gemstone 2 (a text based mmo), to Everquest and Everquest 2. Never played WoW as I was not a fan of the cartoonish graphics. Wow is really outdated.

>

> I'll list my experiences:

>

> Gemstone 2

> 2 things stood out that made grinding exciting. I'm not sure how Wow is in regards to this.

> 1) I had a very rare chance to get a unique item that you can't buy or grind anywhere. I once got a statue that when rubbed gave me a healing herbs(you get scarred in this game overtime from injuries and if you don't heal the scars you are less effective). It's possible for more than 1 to have it, but it is so rare, it created some excitement, something great, can drop anywhere(I know this is where precursors come in). But there was no grinding afterwards, you get the special item right there. It was an awesome feeling. Unfortunately it seems there's a sense of entitlement in this game, anyone should be able to have it. I feel some items that are unique(say a statue that gives you a certain or even random type of food), but not game breaking, where NOT everyone can have it, can be exciting.

>

> 2) There were annual events that if you were not there at the time, you won't be able to get the exclusive items(similar to to Halloween,etc). Except in these events, you can custom your weapon/armor(it's much easier since it's text based description) for a hefty price. You can even get custom tatoos, etc(think infusions or some cool effect). If they would implement something like this, it'd be awesome. Perhaps include in the price map currencies that are dropped uniquely in each map that is tradeable for a specific theme. This would cause a chaotic market on the Trading post during these events. I mean they can even include black lion stuff that is needed. I"m sure sales would boom and this keeps map interest. Of course this would all be in the gemstore instead in gw2 most likely instead, which is unfortunate.

>

> 3) This game had traditional, fire does more damage to water types, holy > undead. This is nothing new, however, what it created was a market for specific type of weapons and you keep multiple weapons handy. There was a sword that proc lighting(looking at you Thunderfry) on hit. I agree on how it's currently implemented now in that these weapons with special proc should not be in Dungeons/Raids/pvp, perhaps even WVW. But for PVE, I don't see why not. Nothing overpowered of course, but that extra proc gives weapons uniqueness. This can be similar to #1, where it's a very very rare drop not everyone can have. Bascially an item that is cool/provides adimiration, but is not gamebreaking.

>

> 4) The in game factions for GW2 are there but do nothing in actuality. There was a order of Voln(where I get unique skills for undead) where I was able to bless a sword to attack undead. Normal weapons couldn't hurt undead unless it was blessed. I'm not sure how that would fit in here or how that would work out here, but food for thought.

>

> 5) The housing here was community based as far as seeing the outside of your house. This was pretty cool as you'd have the same neighbors or see a group of people in a certain instance, if they bought a house in the same street/area as you. I hope housing in GW2 is like this, as people want to show off their hard earned stuff.

>

> Everquest:

> This game started it all and was pretty much hardcore. If you died, you're neked and you needed to retrieve your body where you died. Some people lay at certain spots for weeks, until they can get someone to help them. I'm not sure if death was changed ;ater, but it was like this when I started.

> Unfortunately it was too grindy/epic in the end game. You couldn't do anything without big groups. Think 100 man raids. 8 hours and chances of someone not dropping due to internet or not dropping dead in hard to reach places were slim. I never went to another Raid again and quit soon after.

>

> There was one feature that I enjoyed about the game. Factions. I.E., you can have good relations with wood elves, but that means Dark Elves usually hate you. Which means, good factions are amicable with you, while evil factions,races were not. This causes some interesting situations. There's this Necro that used to roam around outside of human starting town. My brother played a evil dark elf necro and of course he'd kill me. But my brother was left alone. He was attacked on site on the human town, however he did enough deeds to build up deeds where he was allowed in town at some point. However there was always 1 or 2 named NPCs that were so righteous that they required more faction points to be neutral(not sure if it was even possible), and he'd sometimes run into them and get chased out of town( NPCS were very powerful). Just the randomness of this made things interesting.

>

> Everquest 2:

> This killed MMO for me for at least 5 years. The grind was real. I can't recall any good memories except the graphics were not bad. This still had the feeling of a epic world lik Everquest though. Where you don't want to get stuck in certain places.

>

> GW2

> I played for 1 week during release and quit.

>

> Reasons I can recall at the time.

> 1. I was not able to equip my character with anything remotely to my liking during lower levels. The weapons/armor were bland looking until you hit 80. I understand why now, but I was used to being able to get nice looking stuff in Everquest at lower levels.

> 2. I was not used to the combat and thought 5 weapon skills were boring. Of course I now know combat is much more inquisitive.

>

> Overall game is not perfect but still the best out there in almost all facets of MMO features. I have no idea why housing is not implemented in this game, but I hope it's not like what it is now, where it's a solo instance that no one can see without going into your instance. I hope it's implemented similar to Gemstone 2 housing. If they implement it this way I have no doubt, it'd be a big money maker for stuff people would buy to decorate the outside and inside of the house.

Just fyi you did not play eq1 long or something because some things are off your exaggerating on raids, organizing can take a while though. Allot of those things where also changed and you can do tons of stuff with solo classes and the game was group encouraged you where not forced to group, but group exp bonuses made it faster to an extent if you had a good group. Also the community relied on different classes for 3 hours buffs, they would trade buffs or pay for them for example I personally loved this because it encouraged better behavior and helped the community work together, this was what mmos should be about now eq1 was to much on the hardcore side but we need to find a moderate balance.

Eq2 used to be decent until the daybreak took over.

> @"Ryou.2398" said:

> > @"Ben K.6238" said:

> > How do people find these threads to necro?

> >

> > Morrowind and Legion were released ages ago. They're not even the newest expansions for those games anymore.

>

> Morrowind was not that long ago and probably google.

Morrowind was released in June 2017. Summerset Isle has been and gone since, and the next expansion Elsweyr is arriving pretty soon. In ESO terms, it's been quite a while.