Third Party DPS/Gear Checkers Green Light Toxicity

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Talindra.4958" said:

> You know. It's time anet include gear check and etc into party search tools. Great mmo like FF14 they have such a great party tools tht auto gear check and all for players making party search such an ease. Something arena net need to look into.

Why is it needed? and with legendary gear you can just switch to what ever the gear it checks then switch back when you get into said group.

> @"WARIORSCHARGEING.2637" said:

> > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > @"WARIORSCHARGEING.2637" said:

> > > another reason why it is so many left the game and only play the game these days from time to time . after anet said ok to DPS METERS well that was when the salt gates opened and never will be shut again . anet loves having lots of salt in this game !! as well as other things in this game that came with these DPS meters !! it also brought a lot of wow players to this game as well too.

> > >

> > > which i can understand why that is but the toxics that came with them .well that damaged the game even more with anet saying its all ok !!

> >

> > "Arah full run lvl 80 full zerk 10k ap"

>

> yeah NO THANK YOU !!

He's saying that kind of thing is what we used to have. I remember the days of lfg being filled with descriptions like "READ THE KITTENING DESCRIPTION: Full zerk 80 only. Exp. Ping gear on join or kick"

So, yeah, the toxicity now is much less than it used to be before dps meters. At least now you're not instantly put off joining just by the description.

> @"Klipso.8653" said:

> Play WvW, it's the only game mode left where you won't be harassed for using whatever stat combinations or builds you want to use.

Must be an interesting fairy wonderland. But I've seen enough people being yelled at just for playing certain classes in WvW, so we can safely put this to the realm of legend.

> @"Linken.6345" said:

> > @"Talindra.4958" said:

> > You know. It's time anet include gear check and etc into party search tools. Great mmo like FF14 they have such a great party tools tht auto gear check and all for players making party search such an ease. Something arena net need to look into.

>

> Why is it needed? and with legendary gear you can just switch to what ever the gear it checks then switch back when you get into said group.

Well a tool to help with qualification check rather than what build the person runs.

> @"CptAurellian.9537" said:

> > @"Klipso.8653" said:

> > Play WvW, it's the only game mode left where you won't be harassed for using whatever stat combinations or builds you want to use.

> Must be an interesting fairy wonderland. But I've seen enough people being yelled at just for playing certain classes in WvW, so we can safely put this to the realm of legend.

Just follow the tag, they can't stop you leeching their progression in wvw because you paly unwanted build.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> I'm sorry that the OP had some bad experiences, but I don't think the conclusions offered are supported by the evidence presented.

>

> As @"Ashen.2907" wrote:

> > If people are being offensive before the group does anything then a DPS meter is not the issue.

>

> > @"Dreamwolf.7423" said:

> > However, there are some that thinks this makes it ok for them to join a group and immediately start flaming party members for not running meta classes, meta builds, etc. Never mind that the group hadn't even actually started doing anything yet.

>

> ANet doesn't think it's okay for anyone to flame anyone else, regardless of the rationale.

>

> > I actually got kicked from one group because I changed out a weapon for a fight. No warning, just booted.

> If no one actually told you why you were /kicked, it's hard to know if it happened because you were swapping a weapon or that just happened to be coincidental timing, especially if there was some whispered discussion prior to the kick.

>

>

They asked if I was running Greatsword, and I said, "yes, I just swapped to it." Then I was kicked.

I understand that there are toxic players in every game mode. It's why I don't PvP. It's why I don't WvW unless I have map/team chat turned off. My point is that when a player joins a group and immediately attacks other members because of the class they're on and claiming that their DPS checker tells them that that class is useless, that's too much. That person was the pug. They should have just kept their opinions to themselves and played the game. I've been playing for 5 years and I mostly ignore these people. But when is enough enough?

This is a completely wrong mindset.

An MMO is a public game,you're destined to meet all kinds of people.

Even without meters,there were parties that you wouldn't join with just any profession or build.

I run T4s almost daily,I encounter such a player once every 3 months,maybe less.

Not to mention that in your attempt to play the way you want to play,you propose to

force other players to play the way you want to play too.

Kind of the same behaviour.

Btw I haven't used a meter since the BGDM drama,but I really miss it,a DPS meter is a most useful tool.

> @"Daddicus.6128" said:

> If anybody whines about my gear in a Fractals PUG, my first reaction will be to kick them. If the others don't agree, I'm gone. Either that person or I will be leaving the party; I just won't tolerate someone like that in my group.

Agreed. I usually am with a friend or two in fracs. And when someone is salty it’s an immediate kick. If I’m alone I vote to kick, or leave. Dps meters are a to keep yourself in check or to help people. But if people start to yell about it with out helping the player that’s when you just leave. You want to conquer something and move on but when someone is bitching at you, that’s when it’s time to just leave that moment alone. All that energy is put to waste.

> @"Dreamwolf.7423" said:

> > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > I'm sorry that the OP had some bad experiences, but I don't think the conclusions offered are supported by the evidence presented.

> >

> > As @"Ashen.2907" wrote:

> > > If people are being offensive before the group does anything then a DPS meter is not the issue.

> >

> > > @"Dreamwolf.7423" said:

> > > However, there are some that thinks this makes it ok for them to join a group and immediately start flaming party members for not running meta classes, meta builds, etc. Never mind that the group hadn't even actually started doing anything yet.

> >

> > ANet doesn't think it's okay for anyone to flame anyone else, regardless of the rationale.

> >

> > > I actually got kicked from one group because I changed out a weapon for a fight. No warning, just booted.

> > If no one actually told you why you were /kicked, it's hard to know if it happened because you were swapping a weapon or that just happened to be coincidental timing, especially if there was some whispered discussion prior to the kick.

> >

> >

>

> They asked if I was running Greatsword, and I said, "yes, I just swapped to it." Then I was kicked.

What class were you running?

> @"Dreamwolf.7423" said:

> > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > I'm sorry that the OP had some bad experiences, but I don't think the conclusions offered are supported by the evidence presented.

> >

> > As @"Ashen.2907" wrote:

> > > If people are being offensive before the group does anything then a DPS meter is not the issue.

> >

> > > @"Dreamwolf.7423" said:

> > > However, there are some that thinks this makes it ok for them to join a group and immediately start flaming party members for not running meta classes, meta builds, etc. Never mind that the group hadn't even actually started doing anything yet.

> >

> > ANet doesn't think it's okay for anyone to flame anyone else, regardless of the rationale.

> >

> > > I actually got kicked from one group because I changed out a weapon for a fight. No warning, just booted.

> > If no one actually told you why you were /kicked, it's hard to know if it happened because you were swapping a weapon or that just happened to be coincidental timing, especially if there was some whispered discussion prior to the kick.

> >

> >

>

> They asked if I was running Greatsword, and I said, "yes, I just swapped to it." Then I was kicked.

Ok which class? On some classes Greatsword is good while on other its utterly crap. While the immediate kick is a bit... hasty running, certain weapons on certain classes is not really good, since those weapons offer nothing to the team or are greatly underpowered.

> @"Linken.6345" said:

> > @"WARIORSCHARGEING.2637" said:

> > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > @"WARIORSCHARGEING.2637" said:

> > > > another reason why it is so many left the game and only play the game these days from time to time . after anet said ok to DPS METERS well that was when the salt gates opened and never will be shut again . anet loves having lots of salt in this game !! as well as other things in this game that came with these DPS meters !! it also brought a lot of wow players to this game as well too.

> > > >

> > > > which i can understand why that is but the toxics that came with them .well that damaged the game even more with anet saying its all ok !!

> > >

> > > "Arah full run lvl 80 full zerk 10k ap"

> >

> > yeah NO THANK YOU !! not with all the kicking and toxic players nope and think other players will agree on this !! more so if they want to do content with out dealing with toxic people and having to worry about getting kicked all the time for what ever reason

> >

> > nope no way no how no thank you

>

> Way to miss the point, their reply was to you somehow under the delusion that toxicity came in with dps meters. =) (hint it was always there and we can do then as now, do our all welcome groups and take abit longer to complete our fractals as we did with dungeons and some still do. )

>

did not miss the point at all !! and why it is not worth bothering with group content at all in this game. it is more of problems then fun so not worth even doing at all these days . and why it never change and the game will die more so with anet never fixing these problems .

> @"WARIORSCHARGEING.2637" said:

> > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > @"WARIORSCHARGEING.2637" said:

> > > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > > @"WARIORSCHARGEING.2637" said:

> > > > > another reason why it is so many left the game and only play the game these days from time to time . after anet said ok to DPS METERS well that was when the salt gates opened and never will be shut again . anet loves having lots of salt in this game !! as well as other things in this game that came with these DPS meters !! it also brought a lot of wow players to this game as well too.

> > > > >

> > > > > which i can understand why that is but the toxics that came with them .well that damaged the game even more with anet saying its all ok !!

> > > >

> > > > "Arah full run lvl 80 full zerk 10k ap"

> > >

> > > yeah NO THANK YOU !! not with all the kicking and toxic players nope and think other players will agree on this !! more so if they want to do content with out dealing with toxic people and having to worry about getting kicked all the time for what ever reason

> > >

> > > nope no way no how no thank you

> >

> > Way to miss the point, their reply was to you somehow under the delusion that toxicity came in with dps meters. =) (hint it was always there and we can do then as now, do our all welcome groups and take abit longer to complete our fractals as we did with dungeons and some still do. )

> >

>

> did not miss the point at all !! and why it is not worth bothering with group content at all in this game. it is more of problems then fun so not worth even doing at all these days . and why it never change and the game will die more so with anet never fixing these problems .

The incentive to do the content hasnt changed since release its still there. The problem woth fractals isnt the toxicity, its they daily nature and that they feel like a job. Its also the same nature that makes speedrunning them and making vid about it pointless.

Supposedly only DPS meters are kind of ok according to Anet ( i personally find both toxic). However, should you encounter person abusing gear/stats checker and report them, i am promise you, they there won't they won't be punished. I have raided with same people for couple weeks/months, i knew some that used those "add-ons", reported them - no action from customer support side. So, effectively, those addon-ons are also allowed. Just like cheating and exploiting in pvp.

The only time when anything is ever done is when it becomes (very) public on some 3rd party platform.

> @"Cynz.9437" said:

> I have raided with same people for couple weeks/months, i knew some that used those "add-ons", reported them - no action from customer support side. S

So you don't really care, because you keep playing with them. Why did you report them then, just to cause harm to other players?

It's a hard place as t4 fractals are borderline area between casuals and elitists.

I for myself think arcdps has given me a lot more enjoyment in the game cause it made me improve a lot. As BS my damage tripled when i started to use what's good instead of thinking what was good and my holo rotation is very close to benchmark (of the specific encounter) throughout a lot of fights.

I must say most of the time i prefer playing with people who want to things optimally, but I do join pug fractals quite often and endure a few wipes.

Players don't need dps meter to be toxic.

Meter allow to see and compare each other actions. Why is that wrong ? A support guard with no dps is fine. A pew pew useless ranger with no dps is not fine. Unfortunately the second type of player didn't have dps meter so they do not know that they are bad.

I think it's alway the same problem : respect the title of your party in the lfg. Meta group : probably players who also use dps meter; chill run ? No one care.

And dps meter is a great tool

There are three simple words to say to them if they don't like the group they join. Leave and requeue. There will always be people that abuse dps meters. One thing I've found is that it doesn't matter the game, the ones that have to post the results and say 'look at me, I'm better than you' are usually the same people that are at the mid or bottom of the meters in their guild raids, don't want to put forth the effort to improve, and enter a dungeon/fractal/whathave you that's below their level to inflate themselves since that will be the only places they'll see their name at the top of the meter.

And knowing some guilds out there, some will not care that a member of their guild is being toxic this way, but some will and they will deal with the idiots accordingly so that they don't drag the rest of the guild down with them.

> @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > @"Dreamwolf.7423" said:

> > > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > > I actually got kicked from one group because I changed out a weapon for a fight. No warning, just booted.

> > > If no one actually told you why you were /kicked, it's hard to know if it happened because you were swapping a weapon or that just happened to be coincidental timing, especially if there was some whispered discussion prior to the kick.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > They asked if I was running Greatsword, and I said, "yes, I just swapped to it." Then I was kicked.

> What class were you running?

>

A couple of things:

* According to the OP, they weren't using a gearchecker to determine what the OP was running. Someone asked and the OP told them

* We don't have any other context. Was this the first communication? Or the umpteenth? Had the GL asked for specific weapons|skills or perhaps specific tactics from the different party members?

This is why guilds are so great. :3 You can join up with friends who think alike and not have to worry about toxic elitists.

Now, if only the macro wielding jagoffs would team up to program their brains out together and leave the rest of the community alone as well, that would be great. XD