Class with the most CC Skills?

I just recently started playing this game once again after taking about 2 years of a break. With that being said, I am creating a list of the classes that have the most CC. Once I do that, I'll be able to determine which class I am going to choose as my main since I already have other variables in place :).

I was wondering if you could tell me which class you think has the most CC in their kit. Mind you, this is for the specific class and not just their elite specialization.

These are my thoughts:

1. Warrior

2. Guardian

3. Engineer

4. Ranger

5. Mesmer

6. Elementalist

7. Thief

8. Necromancer

9. Revenant

If you could numerate them from 1-9 that would be great!

Thank you and have a wonderful day!

depends on what you are asking for

like just the largest number of different skills that apply some kind of disable?

or best ability chain the most disables?

or the best ability to do breakbar damage?

or the most effective and practical CC?

like, if class A has two 3 sec knockdowns, and class B has four 0.5 sec dazes, which class ranks higher?

or if a class has a bazillion different CC skills, but any single build can only have 2 at once, does it rank high or low?

or if a class has a lot of strong CC moves, but it has to jump through hoops to actually use them or they have really long cast times, does it rank high or low?

Or even a class that can run tons of CC but has no damage or other support when doing so, vs a class that has notably less but still lots of CC in a top dps build

And how about disabling conditions? Immobilize? Chill? Blind?

> @"reikken.4961" said:

> depends on what you are asking for

> like just the largest number of different skills that apply some kind of disable?

> or best ability chain the most disables?

> or the best ability to do breakbar damage?

> or the most effective and practical CC?

> or if a class has a lot of strong CC moves, but it has to jump through hoops to actually use them or they have really long cast times, does it rank high or low?

>

> like, if class A has two 3 sec knockdowns, and class B has four 0.5 sec dazes, which class ranks higher?

> or if a class has a bazillion different CC skills, but any single build can only have 2 at once, does it rank high or low?

> Or even a class that can run tons of CC but has no damage or other support when doing so, vs a class that has notably less but still lots of CC in a top dps build

> And how about disabling conditions? Immobilize? Chill? Blind?

Thank you for getting back to me. This is the perfect example of what I was looking for. I now understand how broad my question was.

At this point I was thinking more along the lines of which class offers the most usable CC's to either break bars, disable or immobilize a target. In a nutshell, I am looking to rate the classes from 1-9 on which one performs better at CCing their targets regardless of their total duration or specific CC.

in your example where you had class A with two 3 second knock down and class B with four 0.5 daze, I would take in consideration the amount of CC as opposed to its duration**.

Again, thank you for taking the time to respond to my question and I hope to hear back soon :).

Personally I think rev wins in breakbar between staff 5 (usually takes it out just with that). The stun summon on kala and dwarf etc you have lots of breakbar. Although rev is low on the you should pick it scale cause its dps etc wouldn't be the greatest. Is this cc wanted for pvp? Pve? And what other things you want aside from cc?

Im not gonna tackle it and go some math wise at it, but rather how useful/good CC helps in actual gameplay in pve to survive.

Hammer Scrapper - Great AoE mass Dazes with lighting field combos, absolutely enables to take on massive amount of non-defiance enemies solo. But against defiance bar its not as good, its decent, cuz small duration daze doesn't do that much damage to defiance. Still gets the job done, even had to solo Mai Trin defiance bar alone in fractal, cuz my team members were dead/running away.

Renegade - Darkrazor is pretty much same as scrapper, only all in 1 single skill and is better against defiance. Lots of wep skills deal CC. Has access to chill. Can solo a lot of heavy CC requiring stuff, but requires a lot of skill.

Dragonhunter - Overall broken Op class, has great CC overall, with trait all traps inflict slow, which also deals medium constant Defiance damage not letting it regenenerate. The Elite trap alone does massive defiance damage. For solo pve, truly broken class, cuz it has everything.

Reaper - Chill does constant defiance damage, add to that strong hard CC in reaper form ice blast and elite ice blast. Along with DH these 2 class/specs just solo dungeons and stuff like taking a stroll in a park with minimum skill/effort involved.

Mesmer- Chrono has slow, cripple,chill in AoE wells and a nice very strong defiance damaging hard CC elite, but mirage has a very strong defiance single target murder combo with Infinite Horizon trait and 1h sword ambush skill, but overall mirage isn't that great at CC trash nor defiance.

Warrior - You have to build very specifically to have great CC, but it will be weak as hell damage wise and most of the CC in solo doesn't have much effect, cuz most your CC has massive aftercast delay, that when you regain control of your character, the enemy has probably already recovered aswell, at least your immortal lul. In pve especially solo its utter crap warrior CC, but in PVP is a beast.

The other classes/specs not gonna comment, cuz haven't played them that much.

Often times a bigger factor is not how many skills are available but how much breakbar damage each one does and the length of their recharge. For example when doing Vinetooth Prime it wouldn't really matter if I have 10 CC skills because in the window available you could only get off maybe 3 skills.

Warrior is the only one I notice having seemingly infinite cc’s.

Rangers are getting pretty close but have to have specific builds and pets.

Scrapper can buy it’s a lot easier to avoid.

As far as breakbars in specific, yes revs will eat them fast. Staff 5, hammer 5, Spirit daze field, shiro jade elite, glint knockback. If I’m not mistaken taunts do a decent amount as well which revs have quite a bit of access too.

Sword/dagger weavers are good as well for breakbars.

• 2 months later...

This is like Reddit Cancer, someone ask for something and even lays it out, and the discussion goes into the debate with no real answer.

Whats sad is this guy even gave a layout and instructions, come on guys Its pretty simple what he is asking, if you have common sense.

1) He is wanting to know 1-9 what is the best Class for interrupting the target, it's pretty simple what he is trying to do here.

2) So basically what you want to do is rank them with the Highest Availability of {interruption} - (more skills with this ability / Less Cooldown)- the Highest.

3) Make 2 Lists - 1 with the most Skills and 1 with the lowest Cooldowns.

It's hard to imagine anyone has better CC than chronomancer (mesmer). Signet of Humility is the biggest single CC in the game (1000 damage to breakbars!) - and you can use it twice with Continuum Shift. But mesmer has access to a variety of smaller hard and soft CCs as well.

Note: Signet of Humility is great for massive breakbar damage...but it also has a massive cooldown, which will make it unavailable when the bar recharges!

I can only speak from my experience maining a Berserker. Mace/Shield F1, 3 and 4, Hammer 4 and 5 plus Bull Rush, Wild Blow (and also Stomp if you will) and Head Butt make me quite a CC beast. I can take down those defiance bars all by myself.

Needless to say that at that point, I'm not much of a DPS monster anymore :#

Leveling the other classes, I haven't put that much thought into fleshing out special CC builds, sry.

• 4 weeks later...

There is a list which skill deals how much breakbar dmg on the wiki: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Defiance_bar

From the classes i would guess Chronomancer:

Signet of Humility:~1000 cc dmg

Shield 5: depends on hitbox of enemy, 700-1100cc dmg

shatter 3: 100-400 cc dmg (depends on numbers of clones)

that are just the regular skills used as a buff chrono, also able to do those in split to do those skills twice in a row

if wanted, you could even go further, though then you wont be good for anything besides cc

for reference, a headbut of a berserker does 300 cc dmg

> @"Tycko Larsson.7829" said:

> The class with the most cc to my knowledge is the Engi. Doubt any other can have 9 cc skills on the same skillbar.

Thief. Spam 4x headshot, reflexive strike, Steal (daze, ini return and stealth), hook strike, headshot, Palm strike, impact strike and tripwire. Fill "rotation" with headshots. :P

Oh and If its not Solo, basivenom can be shared to 5ppl, is that 4CC More? :D

> @"sokeenoppa.5384" said:

> > @"Tycko Larsson.7829" said:

> > The class with the most cc to my knowledge is the Engi. Doubt any other can have 9 cc skills on the same skillbar.

>

> Thief. Spam 4x headshot, reflexive strike, Steal (daze, ini return and stealth), hook strike, headshot, Palm strike, impact strike and tripwire. Fill "rotation" with headshots. :P

>

> Oh and If its not Solo, basivenom can be shared to 5ppl, is that 4CC More? :D

That is still only 7 unique cc skills. When spamming yes it's more.

> @"Tycko Larsson.7829" said:

> > @"sokeenoppa.5384" said:

> > > @"Tycko Larsson.7829" said:

> > > The class with the most cc to my knowledge is the Engi. Doubt any other can have 9 cc skills on the same skillbar.

> >

> > Thief. Spam 4x headshot, reflexive strike, Steal (daze, ini return and stealth), hook strike, headshot, Palm strike, impact strike and tripwire. Fill "rotation" with headshots. :P

> >

> > Oh and If its not Solo, basivenom can be shared to 5ppl, is that 4CC More? :D

>

> That is still only 7 unique cc skills. When spamming yes it's more.

Yes but where engi has toolkit thief has ini system. But yeah you are right still ^^ just messing with you :)

> @"Plautze.6290" said:

> I can only speak from my experience maining a Berserker. Mace/Shield F1, 3 and 4, Hammer 4 and 5 plus Bull Rush, Wild Blow (and also Stomp if you will) and Head Butt make me quite a CC beast. I can take down those defiance bars all by myself.

> Needless to say that at that point, I'm not much of a DPS monster anymore :#

Just taking wild blow and headbutt on condi dps warrior/condi bs doesn't change your dps significantly, while still offering a significant CC. (Headbutt you should actually have already, and wild blow is also not a bad choice). And there are some backup options in both your weapon sets (longbow and sword) if you run into problems and need to squeeze a little extra.

That's for PvE though. I don't play PvP anymore, so i am not up to date on how it looks there now (although when i did, the meta berserker build was a real cc monster).

> @"Myxomatic.5630" said:

> I just recently started playing this game once again after taking about 2 years of a break. With that being said, I am creating a list of the classes that have the most CC. Once I do that, I'll be able to determine which class I am going to choose as my main since I already have other variables in place :).

>

> I was wondering if you could tell me which class you think has the most CC in their kit. Mind you, this is for the specific class and not just their elite specialization.

>

> These are my thoughts:

>

> 1. Warrior

> 2. Guardian

> 3. Engineer

> 4. Ranger

> 5. Mesmer

> 6. Elementalist

> 7. Thief

> 8. Necromancer

> 9. Revenant

>

> If you could numerate them from 1-9 that would be great!

>

> Thank you and have a wonderful day!

#1 - warrior; mace shield + hammer and all physical skills traited? = CC BOT.

the rest are about equal IMO, some classes have lots of soft CC (Necro& ele with chills galore) while others have a fair bit of hard CC (guard, rev, ranger if traited with pets). Really depends on your definition and whether you want kiting or disables.

I would say chrono or mirage. Chrono can double up on SoH or gravity well via CS, it has Shield 5, along with diversion, and then it can also take utility skills that interrupt on top of all of that. Mirage has sword ambush attack, along with diversion and utility skills that can interrupt