Do you think arenet should compensate hot players?

BadSanta.6527

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"BadSanta.6527" said:

> So hot xpac is live for 2 years and yet non full of legendary set is out . Do you think arenet should compensate those who buy hot or at least the pre order ones who show their trust at arenet ?

It's to late, no amount of compensation can repair Anets reputation now, they are a company that has broken their promises and I will never trust again, they could compensate me with a legendary and I would still see them in that light.

> @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> I wasn’t offended, but if there’s a free Legendary being handed out for the sin of ANet not releasing them on my schedule then I think I can rustle up a little outrage.

I like the way you think.

Rabbble, rabble, rabble.

Wanna borrow a pitchfork?

> @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > I wasn’t offended, but if there’s a free Legendary being handed out for the sin of ANet not releasing them on my schedule then I think I can rustle up a little outrage.

>

> I like the way you think.

>

>

> Rabbble, rabble, rabble.

>

> Wanna borrow a pitchfork?

I’ve got [this](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:Peasant%27s_Solution.jpg), thanks. Once we’ve decided that we are going to be offended I thought all of us could go to LA and swim around in the water with that weapon spamming skill 1 (to look properly determined and menacing, you know). Then we could roleplay walk through the city carrying a torch. If that doesn’t get our point across there’s always forum complaints and threats to never spend another dime on the game.

I dunno, Flesh. Then the free legendary would probably be the underwater one, and there'd be screams about how that's not compensation either. Until Steve rises, I suppose, and only that legendary can hurt it ...

OP, though they're severely delayed from original expectations and no longer have the immersive journeys of the first few released, the new set of legendaries promised with HoT continue to arrive with LS chapters (not as *part* of the chapter, you need not play the story or own the current expansion to make the weapon). No further purchase needed other than HoT itself. ANet has always added content in free releases post purchase, so not having it all ship with the initial launch just isn't part of the design. Yeah, this is a bit longer than ideal -- ok, a *lot* longer than ideal -- but what money are you out due to the delay? If you'd been able to make all the legendaries on day one, sunk gold and mats into it, would you now be asking for compensation for two years of no new legendaries at all?

> @"Ashen.2907" said:

> Wanna borrow a pitchfork?

Have mine:

`---E`

More seriously: no, OP, I can't imagine why ANet should do this.

> @"BadSanta.6527" said:

> So hot xpac is live for 2 years and yet non full of legendary set is out .

First, it was never promised to be delivered when HoT launched. After the "indefinite suspension" (which was to change the subsequent precursor acquisition from being a scavenger hunt to being a glorified crafting exercise, to reduce frustration), they have, as advertised, released at least once new legendary with each new living world episode.

> Do you think arenet should compensate those who buy hot

For what? What exactly did we lose?

> or at least the pre order ones who show their trust at arenet ?

How exactly has that trust been violated? How would getting any sort of "compensation" restore trust so easily lost? What exactly would be fair compensation? Why treat pre-orders any different than others?

I think this behavior is exactly the reason why things are so bad in communications. People set way too much value in announcements of future content. I would like to know what Arenanet is up to on the long term, but thanks to this behavior their lips are tied. We don’t even know when we can expect the next living world season. Just cause if they say it will likely be on date x or y, people immediately seem to be entitled to stuff.

> @"Vavume.8065" said:

> > @"BadSanta.6527" said:

> > So hot xpac is live for 2 years and yet non full of legendary set is out . Do you think arenet should compensate those who buy hot or at least the pre order ones who show their trust at arenet ?

>

> It's to late, no amount of compensation can repair Anets reputation now, they are a company that has broken their promises and I will never trust again, they could compensate me with a legendary and I would still see them in that light.

Technically it's not too late, since ArenaNet never specifically said that all Gen2 Legendaries would be released with HoT itself, just that they were coming...not anyone's fault but your own for misunderstanding that.

No compensation needed. The amount of work required for the gen 2 legendaries and gen 1 legendary crafting probably sapped their strength so they've set up for a more simple method of obtaining them and deliveirng them out. It is a learning experience for them and for us. Now they know their boundaries better as a company.

The way they worded 2nd Legendary weapons set announcement is covering them from giving you any form of compensation. We can discuss if what they announced implicated releasing whole set in reasonable amount of time but after two years they don't really need to care anymore. So called mountgate proved that forum dramas are irrelevant for company's well-being.

> @"Vavume.8065" said:

> > So hot xpac is live for 2 years and yet non full of legendary set is out . Do you think arenet should compensate those who buy hot or at least the pre order ones who show their trust at arenet ?

>

> It's to late, no amount of compensation can repair Anets reputation now, they are a company that has broken their promises and I will never trust again, they could compensate me with a legendary and I would still see them in that light.

Their reputation is fine. Also, if Anet is this terrible company that you make them out to be why are you here posting on Anet's forums?

> @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > > I wasn’t offended, but if there’s a free Legendary being handed out for the sin of ANet not releasing them on my schedule then I think I can rustle up a little outrage.

> >

> > I like the way you think.

> >

> >

> > Rabbble, rabble, rabble.

> >

> > Wanna borrow a pitchfork?

>

> I’ve got [this](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:Peasant%27s_Solution.jpg), thanks. Once we’ve decided that we are going to be offended I thought all of us could go to LA and swim around in the water with that weapon spamming skill 1 (to look properly determined and menacing, you know). Then we could roleplay walk through the city carrying a torch. If that doesn’t get our point across there’s always forum complaints and threats to never spend another dime on the game.

Not everyone knows how to use a torch.

> @"Klowdy.3126" said:

> > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > > > I wasn’t offended, but if there’s a free Legendary being handed out for the sin of ANet not releasing them on my schedule then I think I can rustle up a little outrage.

> > >

> > > I like the way you think.

> > >

> > >

> > > Rabbble, rabble, rabble.

> > >

> > > Wanna borrow a pitchfork?

> >

> > I’ve got [this](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:Peasant%27s_Solution.jpg), thanks. Once we’ve decided that we are going to be offended I thought all of us could go to LA and swim around in the water with that weapon spamming skill 1 (to look properly determined and menacing, you know). Then we could roleplay walk through the city carrying a torch. If that doesn’t get our point across there’s always forum complaints and threats to never spend another dime on the game.

>

> Not everyone knows how to use a torch.

They can hide in the middle of the crowd and yell slogans.

> @"BadSanta.6527" said:

> So hot xpac is live for 2 years and yet non full of legendary set is out . Do you think arenet should compensate those who buy hot or at least the pre order ones who show their trust at arenet ?

I can't follow this logic at all. You want compensation because legendary armor isn't released yet? That makes no sense. Anet didn't even set the expectation they were releasing legendary armor when HoT first came out. What's the connection here? Why would anyone compensate a customer for something they never paid for that they didn't get?????

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

>

> I can't follow this logic at all. You want compensation because legendary armor isn't released yet? That makes no sense. Anet didn't even set the expectation they were releasing legendary armor when HoT first came out. What's the connection here? Why would anyone compensate a customer for something they never paid for that they didn't get?????

We already got light medium and heavy armor legendaries the full sett is out *what rock have you been hiding under?*

What the OP is talking about is obviously the 16 gen 2 legendary weapons of what we havent got all yet still they never said when they all would be finished anyhow.