What are your GW 2 Pet Peeves?

Outfits. One word. Everything should be armor skins, let the player worry about if they mind two different pieces clipping. Wardrobe skins in an endgame littered with cosmetics is such a fantastic system, Outfits are lazy and a bane of the skinning system. Need more full armor skin sets in the gemstore please.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Kethavel.1759" said:

> Outfits. One word. Everything should be armor skins, let the player worry about if they mind two different pieces clipping. Wardrobe skins in an endgame littered with cosmetics is such a fantastic system, Outfits are lazy and a bane of the skinning system. Need more full armor skin sets in the gemstore please.

if they go 1 set in gemstore then 1 set earned in game and keep alternating sure we can have armor sets back in the gem store imo.

Time Gating. I want to play when I have the time/motivation to play, and for how long I want to play. Having to do a little bit of something a day at a time for days on end doesn't keep me coming back -- it makes me just give up because it's so tedious. Perfect example: getting the recipe to make a Kralkatite Ingot. I don't mind having to do several collections that may take a number of days -- but i want to do it on my schedule, not some artificial time-gating scheme.

Collection items that are random drops from events. At least put an upper limit on how many times I have to do the thing before I can get the item I need for the collection.

1. White Mantle Mesmer

2. Every single Mordrem enemy. Without a stunbreak ready 24/7, way too punishing if you ever get hit. Can't count the times I was knocked down, then killed by a sharpshooter, rallied just to die the second I get up again.

3. Beetles. THE GOD DAMN. BEETLE. ENEMIES. Their charge animation is extremely misleading. The hibox is 3 times as big as the enemy and of course it knocks you down for 3 seconds.

> @"Chyanne Waters.8719" said:

> Rifle Range especially for dead eye same as a long bow it should be long bow range standing minimum and at least 2k range kneeling. Some military's have had snipers up to a mile an a half one shot one kill that is way farther than a virtual 1200-1500 feet dead eye has to set up for one shot and it is kind of unfair that they cannot stay out of range of a long bow which can hit several times using only 1 skill. The pupose of a dead eye is a sniper class I love the idea if the range was increased at least that few seconds someone has to go from 1500 to 2000 would give them a chance to kill their opponents

I always thought the rifle range on the engineer was way to short. It should be at least as far as the long bow. I agree dead eye should be longer than the long bow.

I can think of two atm. I have a lot more but the biggest is the fact that the devs develop so many one off assets; especially maps. What I mean is that claw island is a map that we can only access in the personal story. The Sealed Cavern on Silverwastes isn't open to the map with regular events. The canyons in the middle of Dry Top is semi-blocked from access with no events. Raid maps don't do double duty as open PvE maps from a post-raid perspective. It makes no sense to develop open world map assets and only use them once.

My other annoyance is the lack of auto-targeting with some weapon skills; especially the elementalist. I don't play the profession much because of it. It's annoying to have to drag to the target before dropping a flaming rock on the enemy.

An angry beast is chewing on my character's face, I let off a pistol shot, and instead of hitting the immediate threat, autotarget latches onto the beast behind him, who is innocently lurking for victims OUTSIDE OF MY FIRING RANGE.

When my attacks on an enemy are 'obstructed' but their attacks have no problem traveling through the rocks to hit me.

Invisible walls in places that have no reasonable explanation why you can't go there. (Reasonable=it's the map border, or it's restricted because it's near a JP. NOT reasonable is "We want you to walk aaaaaallllll the way around the cliff to the other side instead of flying over it.")

People on the forums who demand the game be changed to address their pet peeves, even when other people like it the way it is. XD

> @"Tekoneiric.6817" said:

> I can think of two atm. I have a lot more but the biggest is the fact that the devs develop so many one off assets; especially maps. What I mean is that claw island is a map that we can only access in the personal story. The Sealed Cavern on Silverwastes isn't open to the map with regular events. The canyons in the middle of Dry Top is semi-blocked from access with no events. Raid maps don't do double duty as open PvE maps from a post-raid perspective. It makes no sense to develop open world map assets and only use them once.

>

> My other annoyance is the lack of auto-targeting with some weapon skills; especially the elementalist. I don't play the profession much because of it. It's annoying to have to drag to the target before dropping a flaming rock on the enemy.

> @"Tekoneiric.6817" said:

> I can think of two atm. I have a lot more but the biggest is the fact that the devs develop so many one off assets; especially maps. What I mean is that claw island is a map that we can only access in the personal story. The Sealed Cavern on Silverwastes isn't open to the map with regular events. The canyons in the middle of Dry Top is semi-blocked from access with no events. Raid maps don't do double duty as open PvE maps from a post-raid perspective. It makes no sense to develop open world map assets and only use them once.

>

> My other annoyance is the lack of auto-targeting with some weapon skills; especially the elementalist. I don't play the profession much because of it. It's annoying to have to drag to the target before dropping a flaming rock on the enemy.

Do you mean ground targeted spells in your last paragraph?

If so, and my apologies if you already know this, there is a setting that sets your current selected target as the point of impact for your ground targeted spells.

Collections that involve fishing events that are broken which lead to weeks of bags full of recordings

People knocking, fearing, pulling nicely stacked adds out of freshly cast high dmg aoe's simply because they cant stand seeing something off cooldown on their skill bar, even if it makes no sense to use

Stupid ideas that make no sense changing the game significantly in a negative way (pve confusion change, random fractal instabs are 2 examples that bothered me)

Being forced into content you have no desire or business in to craft legendary's (gift of battle)

Not being able to swap map IP's when something is broken in one preventing progress for 16 hours+ (Explorer Jeppa, still have no idea what you were doing mia all that time)

With that said, and I agree with many if not all of the others mentioned here, this game probably has less pet peeves than any other mmo ive ever played. This game seems to bring the best out of me and I see that with a lot of people, I think when you are around positive, helpful people it makes you want to be that way. The person mad about people attacking what he is fighting, in their mind they are probably helping you out. Especially since this game has a brilliant mob tagging system where theres no incentive to gank or simply run by a fight where someone already has the tag and it would be pointless to attack it, you get rewarded for helping out your fellow player even if youve never seen them before and will never see them again, great system. Another awesome thing they do is the zone level adjustment which makes even the starter zones relevant to any player.

> @"Ashen.2907" said:

> Do you mean ground targeted spells in your last paragraph?

>

> If so, and my apologies if you already know this, there is a setting that sets your current selected target as the point of impact for your ground targeted spells.

Yea but that doesn't always target correctly like if you were shooting with a bow, rifle, etc. If your on a different level you still have to move the target to the enemy. It's just to slow of a process in combat. I can understand it for some skills like eng / rifle / jump shot but not for direct attacks.

- The excess of visual effects, including flashing, blinding and swirling (this last one making me sick personally, so that there are two events I cannot do at all in new area).

- No option to turn off ranger pet completely (coming back at each map travelling or at slightest damage from jumping down).

- Leaves not turning invisible when we are in trees/bushes.

- Players who don't care to dismount/run on other players.

Core classes got left behind.The new professions should have been expansions to the core not over power the core classes .Theirs been far to much power drift towards the professions, game play has become tasteless and boring with the flavor of the month meta builds .

My biggest pet peeve (and to the whole GW2 musician community since the release of the in-game instruments) is the fact Anet refuses to remove 'global' cooldown on instrument notes whereupon if, say, E Major goes on cooldown on the lowest octave (blue), E Major also goes on cooldown on octave 2 for mid notes (green) and on octave 3 (red) for high notes.

Having a cooldown is one thing, but a 'global' cooldown on instrument notes is ridiculous.

There are many songs we can tab in just 3 octaves _without_ sharps or flats, yet because the developer(s) on the sound team refuses to lessen the cooldown restriction on the instruments, we either cannot play them, that or we have to spend a lot of time watering them down for playability when rewriting the original sheet notes of the music we want to play in-game.

Even some slow songs with heavy-ish chords are not playable (for example, Cowboy Bebop - Piano Bar). All this cooldown restriction does it limit our creativity, and music should have _not_ playability limits put on it.

**We are NOT asking you, Anet, to unlock the instruments to such degree where thousands of notes can be played per second** in the event someone decided to use a script to troll, to annoy other players, or to possibly crash an entire Map.

**Therefore**, if not to remove cooldown completely on instrument notes (like the GW2 musician community has long wanted for several years now), then make the cooldown 'local' and not 'global' where every note has its own cooldown.

Even if each note has its own cooldown, that would _still_ combat some of the 'annoyance' or 'crash' factor people argue due to spamming, meaning those low notes, middle notes and high notes can only be pressed a certain number of times until they go on cooldown. **Even then**, the instruments will _still_ not be 100% unlocked, but it would still help us in the musician community.

**Furthermore**, the musician community has even pitched the idea to set every players' instrument volume either to OFF by default or to 2-5% volume by default (audible enough to hear but not to annoy so much), and you still refuse to fix the cooldown on instruments. There are solutions to the problem and no instrument update.

**P.S.** Our other biggest pet peeve throughout the GW2 musician community is the fact we have _no_ access to sharps and flats that should be on two different skill bars on top of the existing skill bar, one on top of the other (one additional skill bar specifically for flats, and the other, for sharps) where we can map each key to hotkeys, **yet** before even thinking about adding flats and sharps, the cooldown restrictions need to be lessened first.

1. Shields replacing your back piece on weapon stow. - I don't necessarily think this should be outright changed because I'm sure some people like it. I just happen to really dislike it. Maybe an option to show shield or back piece would be nice.

2. The crafting interface defaults to all tabs expanded. - This is really annoying. Every time I want to craft or refine materials, I have to scroll down and close each tab just to make it manageable. If I jump to bank or material storage for a second, I have to do it all over again when I go back. This should absolutely default to tabs closed and let us expand what we want to use at the time.

> @"Dreamy Lu.3865" said:

> - No option to turn off ranger pet completely (coming back at each map travelling or at slightest damage from jumping down).

This would be an easy fix for the devs. All they would have to do is when the player has the pet on passive and put away it wouldn't auto come out. Easy control and easy fix but like so many little QOL things they ignore it.