WvW Commanders rule: no Ranger, Druid, Dragonhunter, Scrapper, etc

Why do people always act like being a Commander is some kind of job that you get paid for or a commitment they have to fullfil? A Commander is just some random player who bought a tag and decided to pop it, he doesn't owe anyone. Just like people form parties with their friends to do stuff in PvE a Commander can tag up in WvW whenever he pleases and decide which people he wants in his squad. Don't like what the Commander is doing? Make your own squad then. No room for another squad on the only map with enemies? Go to a different border and start capping their stuff, enemies will arrive soon. People don't want to join your shiny new squad that's open for everyone and excludes nobody? Well maybe that should make you think, looks like everyone else prefers that evil Commander and maybe you're the problem after all.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While a relatively new player, I want to share my own personal WvW experience just so it doesn't seem like all Commanders act in the way the OP described.

I play SB LB + GS, and while I don't tear up the field in WvW, I know my place, know what traits to pick so I'm buffing my squad, and know what to do to help take down the vulnerable members of the enemy group. I've never been asked by a Commander to drop group or change characters, and for the most part, the Commander's Ive played with lead the way from objective to objective, many of whom typed in instructions like "get supplies" or "build here".

I've seen 1 or 2 commanders rant in /chat about this or that, but 95% of my experience has been very positive. That is a good thing if the game wants to attract new players, like me, to the game mode. I'm not interested in PvP, but WvW hits a nice balance for me in terms of game play, strategy, and in game rewards.

I sympathize with those who want an 'elite' experience in WvW - that is precisely why I don't bother with sPvP - but you need to realize that Gw2 is made up of many types of players, and not all of them will be as interested, or dedicated, towards the same type of content as you.

But please remember to be kind, because I see a lot of complaints about the WvW zone / game being 'dead' (especially at odd hours), and if you scare away new Gw2 players, that issue will continue to worsen.

> @"MMAI.5892" said:

> > @"Avelione.6075" said:

> > Whoa! I didn't expect such a big response to this topic! But I hope ANet will notice this problem and address it!

> > From what I've read by looking through the discussion, some things hit me (I can't refer to all the replies here).

> >

> > 1. Some commanders like to win (only) and apparently they're not ok with losing at all (??). This brings me a though that they treat WvW too seriously. I still try to keep a distance to GW2. It is a game, there are things out there! (Unless u wanna be a pro-gamer or a pro-streamer, but it doesn't give you any more right to dictate how other random players need to play - for commanders and non commanders) And as a comm, you have much more choice than a pug player that has to take what they have currently on the map.

>

> I've yet to see any Commander who's not 'okay' with losing. They know it will happen, but like every player in their squad, they don't want to lose all the time. That's not taking it too seriously, that's just natural. How many times are you, as player, going to want to die in a zerg until you get bored and leave? If you want to be in a specific Commander's squad and they're asking for certain builds, be considerate of that request. Either bring the build, or don't join the squad. You are no more entitled to the efforts of a squad then they are to yours. You are, however, working with other people towards a common goal which means directed efforts and in WvW that translates into classes and builds that work best together.

Well, that's the other thing. A group that wipes will often lose a few members and repeated wipes will just drain the whole squad. People join a squad for any number of reasons, fights, dailies, or other kinds of rewards. In any of these cases, dying doesn't help achieve any and they're just going to log off or go to another map. And this snowballs. As the group shrinks, the less likely it's going to be able to fight, say, a full map queue with decent morale. Skill isn't going to matter.

Getting a decent sized group requires momentum, which is why it's called a train. Once you lose it, the map will probably empty out within minutes. I don't think a lot of people seem to grasp that, because they've never had to be responsible for any of this and can't see beyond their own field of vision (hence the wipes and being kicked)

> @"Avelione.6075" said:

> It's been bugging me for a while now. GW2 is a social game but do commanders have right to tell people which profession should they play?? I'm a semi-casual player though many times I get pretty good in WvW and PvP.

> And in WvW some of the commanders just straightforward tell you that they don't want this and that class. Which I think is unfair because from my point of view is like... I paid for/chose this game and I play as I please. I'd rather look for a different commander than play with someone who tells me which character I should play. I'm "lucky" enough that I have all the professions playable (but 4-5 of them are my mains). What about people who have no such profession?? It sucks!

>

> If a commander wishes to have only certain professions in his/hers squad, he/she should organize a squad from their guild/friends, etc that would go for their rules.

> THIS IS A THING THAT REALLY NEEDS SOME KIND OF TECHNICAL SOLUTION!!

>

> (Or commanders stop being so picky ;p)

Well it's not the commander who is intentionally picky, it's the way anet intended some classes to be - unfortunately that leaves alot of classes out due to the fact that they need to be babysat in order to be effective or they offer little to no sustain to their group. Organized groups and closed raids are a thing and always have been since the introduction of squads. Which you do not seem to be aware of.

WvW guilds tend to be more strict on classes since they have more dedicated players - semi casual players who won't follow class requirements for sustainable raids aren't what theyre looking for during wvw raid hours which is understandable since successful wvw raids require sustainability. I hope that makes sense.

And you're exactly right, if you don't like the commander or their "rules" then leave and find a more laid back commander who doesn't care but they won't be as successful as the commander who has a set number of Scourges, FB's, power ele, etc. VS the commander who invited joe shmoe and15 druids.

I don't really get what you're complaining about when there are already things out there that deal with these issues. Play want you want to play but don't get angry at the commander because they make a request and you don't like it- they don't need a semi casual player who complains.

> @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > @"Rococo.8347" said:

> > We didn't have to put up with this kitten back in the day - ive never seen it happen in Deso but I don't WvW very often these days and Deso is the scrubs PUG's server so...

> >

> > Run alongside them, without joining the tag and if the Comm finds himself it trouble...he can ask one of his squad to get him out of it. Of course its more fun if you actually like the group you are running with and the squad has a good selection of useful classes but it doesn't have to be like that.

> >

> > Sad to say all of the elitism, with 'meta' min maxing neck bearding that I knew would creep into the game with raids being added is now infiltrating other game modes - its insidious.

>

> Weiird, commanders seeking specific composition for their groups in WvW predates the existence of raids in this game. The same is true of meta centered group play.

>

> Something is insidious here, but it seems more centered around inventing things to blame on raids.

Sweetheart I noticed the connection so I commented on it - save your passive aggressive responses, i raided in Wow for years, saw some of this there and hoped to avoid it by moving over the GW2. I didn't 'invent' any connection, ive played WvW since 2012 on and off and always on Deso, and no ive never had to deal with elitist jerks banning people who want to join a commander...

> @"ArchonWing.9480" said:

> Well, that's the other thing. A group that wipes will often lose a few members and repeated wipes will just drain the whole squad. People join a squad for any number of reasons, fights, dailies, or other kinds of rewards. In any of these cases, dying doesn't help achieve any and they're just going to log off or go to another map. And this snowballs. As the group shrinks, the less likely it's going to be able to fight, say, a full map queue with decent morale. Skill isn't going to matter.

>

> Getting a decent sized group requires momentum, which is why it's called a train. Once you lose it, the map will probably empty out within minutes. I don't think a lot of people seem to grasp that, because they've never had to be responsible for any of this and can't see beyond their own field of vision (hence the wipes and being kicked)

Yep, exactly. The more you lose, the more people start to drop squad and go elsewhere. I think WvW has a lot of flexibility in group comp and one or two less than meta class aren't going to destroy a group. But there is a point where that balance will tip and you'll end up wiping more often than not. Especially if the opposition on the map are dedicated WvW guilds. I was running with a group not long ago of mostly mesmers, FBs split between support and condi, some rangers, and smattering of other classes. We were doing okay right up until we hit a Scourge heavy guild group. We just didn't have the range pressure & condi clears to keep up. About 15 of us switched classes/builds and while we still weren't dominate, we were able to win some of those fights too and ppl kept playing. But I've been in other PUGs in WvW where they just fell apart after the third hard wipe.

> @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> While a relatively new player, I want to share my own personal WvW experience just so it doesn't seem like all Commanders act in the way the OP described.

Most commanders are not mean about group comps. I've run into maybe a handful over the last two years that get rude about it.

> I sympathize with those who want an 'elite' experience in WvW - that is precisely why I don't bother with sPvP - but you need to realize that Gw2 is made up of many types of players, and not all of them will be as interested, or dedicated, towards the same type of content as you.

While there are undoubtedly some folks in WvW who are tighter about classes, builds, etc, I'd say most of WvW isn't. I think the bigger point to be made here is respect on all sides. If a person runs into a commander who has a strict group they want, be polite and find another. If a player is running an 'off' meta build, don't be rude and derisive.

> @"mindcircus.1506" said:

> > @"Rococo.8347" said:

> > Sad to say all of the elitism, with 'meta' min maxing neck bearding that I knew would creep into the game with raids being added is now infiltrating other game modes - its insidious.

>

> You trying to blame PvE raids for these toxic try-hards more a comment on you than anything else.

> Most WvW hardcores never touch raids. ...and you know it.

>

>

If i notice an issue in one game mode transferring to another - and as someone who HAS raided knows what to look for is says nothing about me sweety - im not trying to BLAME any game mode im simply pointing out psychological behaviour in two different game modes that appears to be converging.

That you think im saying that you HAVE to do both game modes to be transferring that behaviour from Raids you simply don't understand what im saying.

Nice knee jerk reaction though /claps

People expect from commanders to lead them to victory.

People expect from commanders to entertain them on ts.

People expect from commanders to provide fun the whole evening.

People expect from commanders to give them many lootbags, karma, wxp etc.

People expect from commanders to defend "their" tower, keep...and are mad at the commander if he/she doesn't obey.

People expect from commanders to jump maps to defend something, even if the commander has to stop attacking a t3 keep for it and then are mad if he/she doesn't help.

People rage at commanders, whisper commanders with a lot of salt, the commander is always the one who is made responsible for everthing that happens in wvw.

Why isn't the commander allowed to expect at least a little bit (like playing meta builds) from the people following him/her?

If I am on and playing WvW and happen to come across a zerg and decide that I have the time to run with said zerg I just run with them. Almost every time I will "join squad" request. I don't join said squad. Not because of any reason but the fact that real life might rear it's head and I may have to leave fast. So I just run until I can't

U losing nothing being outside squad, in a squad with a non-blob class u die too fast in fights before get any relevant wvw xp or bag. If u ar efficiente ranger or thiev, u get more outside blobs killing the enemy blob tail.

The hope that you will be carried with an inefficient class and still get benefits(wvw loot or xp), only demonstrates how inexperienced youre are.

> @"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:

> > @"Samnang.1879" said:

> > > @"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:

> > > > @"Samnang.1879" said:

> > > > Then don't play those classes or don't join their squad.

> > > > Why are you acting so self-entitled?

> > >

> > > What are you supposed to do when they monopolize the only maps with enemy zergs in them?

> >

> > You can still follow the commander... it's not like they have the power to kick u off the map. I'm all for inclusion, fairness and kindness blah blah blah. But there is a legit reason why they don't want rangers and thieves, those classes don't provide any boons for the squad.

> >

> > I'm the type of person to play any class i want in wvw... so i accept that fact, why can't others? Stop labelling everything as "toxic" and "abusive"... when things don't go the way you want.

>

> Oh so we should have to compromise and not get the benefits of a squad because a commander tagged up and is being exclusionary, when they should be leading everyone. I'm very convinced now that if Anet had decided to make it so that squads were forced open in wvw from day one (like I suggest), that you would all be advocating that, that's the way it should be instead of what it is now.

So now you are being selfish because you just want boons and party support, but not give any out yourself.

> @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

> > @"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:

> > > @"Samnang.1879" said:

> > > > @"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:

> > > > > @"Samnang.1879" said:

> > > > > Then don't play those classes or don't join their squad.

> > > > > Why are you acting so self-entitled?

> > > >

> > > > What are you supposed to do when they monopolize the only maps with enemy zergs in them?

> > >

> > > You can still follow the commander... it's not like they have the power to kick u off the map. I'm all for inclusion, fairness and kindness blah blah blah. But there is a legit reason why they don't want rangers and thieves, those classes don't provide any boons for the squad.

> > >

> > > I'm the type of person to play any class i want in wvw... so i accept that fact, why can't others? Stop labelling everything as "toxic" and "abusive"... when things don't go the way you want.

> >

> > Oh so we should have to compromise and not get the benefits of a squad because a commander tagged up and is being exclusionary, when they should be leading everyone. I'm very convinced now that if Anet had decided to make it so that squads were forced open in wvw from day one (like I suggest), that you would all be advocating that, that's the way it should be instead of what it is now.

>

> So now you are being selfish because you just want boons and party support, but not give any out yourself.

Lol how do you know I don't give out boons?

> > @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

> > > > @"Samnang.1879" said:

> > > > > @"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:

> > > > > > @"Samnang.1879" said:

> > > > > > Then don't play those classes or don't join their squad.

> > > > > > Why are you acting so self-entitled?

> > > > >

> > > > > What are you supposed to do when they monopolize the only maps with enemy zergs in them?

> > > >

> > > > You can still follow the commander... it's not like they have the power to kick u off the map. I'm all for inclusion, fairness and kindness blah blah blah. But there is a legit reason why they don't want rangers and thieves, those classes don't provide any boons for the squad.

> > > >

> > > > I'm the type of person to play any class i want in wvw... so i accept that fact, why can't others? Stop labelling everything as "toxic" and "abusive"... when things don't go the way you want.

> > >

> > > Oh so we should have to compromise and not get the benefits of a squad because a commander tagged up and is being exclusionary, when they should be leading everyone. I'm very convinced now that if Anet had decided to make it so that squads were forced open in wvw from day one (like I suggest), that you would all be advocating that, that's the way it should be instead of what it is now.

> >

> > So now you are being selfish because you just want boons and party support, but not give any out yourself.

>

> Lol how do you know I don't give out boons?

What class/classes do you play in wvw?

> > > @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

> > > > > @"Samnang.1879" said:

> > > > > > @"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:

> > > > > > > @"Samnang.1879" said:

> > > > > > > Then don't play those classes or don't join their squad.

> > > > > > > Why are you acting so self-entitled?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > What are you supposed to do when they monopolize the only maps with enemy zergs in them?

> > > > >

> > > > > You can still follow the commander... it's not like they have the power to kick u off the map. I'm all for inclusion, fairness and kindness blah blah blah. But there is a legit reason why they don't want rangers and thieves, those classes don't provide any boons for the squad.

> > > > >

> > > > > I'm the type of person to play any class i want in wvw... so i accept that fact, why can't others? Stop labelling everything as "toxic" and "abusive"... when things don't go the way you want.

> > > >

> > > > Oh so we should have to compromise and not get the benefits of a squad because a commander tagged up and is being exclusionary, when they should be leading everyone. I'm very convinced now that if Anet had decided to make it so that squads were forced open in wvw from day one (like I suggest), that you would all be advocating that, that's the way it should be instead of what it is now.

> > >

> > > So now you are being selfish because you just want boons and party support, but not give any out yourself.

> >

> > Lol how do you know I don't give out boons?

>

> What class/classes do you play in wvw?

I guess I proved my point.

> > @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

> > > > @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

> > > > > @"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:

> > > > > > @"Samnang.1879" said:

> > > > > > > @"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Samnang.1879" said:

> > > > > > > > Then don't play those classes or don't join their squad.

> > > > > > > > Why are you acting so self-entitled?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > What are you supposed to do when they monopolize the only maps with enemy zergs in them?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > You can still follow the commander... it's not like they have the power to kick u off the map. I'm all for inclusion, fairness and kindness blah blah blah. But there is a legit reason why they don't want rangers and thieves, those classes don't provide any boons for the squad.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I'm the type of person to play any class i want in wvw... so i accept that fact, why can't others? Stop labelling everything as "toxic" and "abusive"... when things don't go the way you want.

> > > > >

> > > > > Oh so we should have to compromise and not get the benefits of a squad because a commander tagged up and is being exclusionary, when they should be leading everyone. I'm very convinced now that if Anet had decided to make it so that squads were forced open in wvw from day one (like I suggest), that you would all be advocating that, that's the way it should be instead of what it is now.

> > > >

> > > > So now you are being selfish because you just want boons and party support, but not give any out yourself.

> > >

> > > Lol how do you know I don't give out boons?

> >

> > What class/classes do you play in wvw?

>

> I guess I proved my point.

Not really, since you didn't say which classes you play.

> @"Odinens.5920" said:

> Although it is pretty rare (in my experience) to see a commander exclude people from their squad in team/map chat, it does happen, and you know the reason why. I'm assuming you've played enough WvW to know, and understand WHY this happens, so I'm not going to explain it to you.

>

> There are commanders that run comp groups every time they are tagged, commanders that only run pug groups that don't even require voice chat, and commanders that that do both, depending on their guild's raid schedule. Don't tell me you aren't allowed to tag up and form the type of squad you want to form up, because even a straight up ranger squad can be helpful to the main tag's comped group.

>

> Either figure out your commanders' style of play and run with the one that will let you play what you want, or tag up and run your own squad. The only time you will ever get flak for running a squad is if it is a decent sized group and you aren't contributing anything to the overall victories on the map.

As you know based on your post, there are some that will not be flexible enough to adjust their play for the commander.

That is why, this type of player, is denied the opportunity to be in the squad.

Once a player has set a pattern of behavior, commanders learn. They begin to realize that a particular player would not be helpful.

So, they are denied a spot in the squad.

Again, by the commanders choice.

Fortunately there are 3 other maps, or, if someone is that bothered, they can move to another server, though that would be drastic.

To expect the people in the squad to have a group mentality is understandable. Just like a 'raid' comp, there is a workable squad comp for a WvW commander.

If you cannot provide that class, then you need to run beside, find another commander, or buy a tag and do it yourself.

> @"Rococo.8347" said:

> > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > @"Rococo.8347" said:

> > > We didn't have to put up with this kitten back in the day - ive never seen it happen in Deso but I don't WvW very often these days and Deso is the scrubs PUG's server so...

> > >

> > > Run alongside them, without joining the tag and if the Comm finds himself it trouble...he can ask one of his squad to get him out of it. Of course its more fun if you actually like the group you are running with and the squad has a good selection of useful classes but it doesn't have to be like that.

> > >

> > > Sad to say all of the elitism, with 'meta' min maxing neck bearding that I knew would creep into the game with raids being added is now infiltrating other game modes - its insidious.

> >

> > Weiird, commanders seeking specific composition for their groups in WvW predates the existence of raids in this game. The same is true of meta centered group play.

> >

> > Something is insidious here, but it seems more centered around inventing things to blame on raids.

> Sweetheart I noticed the connection so I commented on it - save your passive aggressive responses, i raided in Wow for years, saw some of this there and hoped to avoid it by moving over the GW2. I didn't 'invent' any connection, ive played WvW since 2012 on and off and always on Deso, and no ive never had to deal with elitist jerks banning people who want to join a commander...

>

Daahhhhling, you stated that elitism was creeping in with raids. You were wrong. I am very glad that you did not, as you point out, experience it yourself before. That doesn't mean it didnt exist. I too have been around since prelaunch. I have played wvw on an almost daily basis for years, dating back to 2012. Elitism has always existed in game, in every game mode.

Ive never seen Idaho, that is not a measure of whether or not it exists.

> > > @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

> > > > > @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

> > > > > > @"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:

> > > > > > > @"Samnang.1879" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Samnang.1879" said:

> > > > > > > > > Then don't play those classes or don't join their squad.

> > > > > > > > > Why are you acting so self-entitled?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > What are you supposed to do when they monopolize the only maps with enemy zergs in them?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > You can still follow the commander... it's not like they have the power to kick u off the map. I'm all for inclusion, fairness and kindness blah blah blah. But there is a legit reason why they don't want rangers and thieves, those classes don't provide any boons for the squad.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I'm the type of person to play any class i want in wvw... so i accept that fact, why can't others? Stop labelling everything as "toxic" and "abusive"... when things don't go the way you want.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Oh so we should have to compromise and not get the benefits of a squad because a commander tagged up and is being exclusionary, when they should be leading everyone. I'm very convinced now that if Anet had decided to make it so that squads were forced open in wvw from day one (like I suggest), that you would all be advocating that, that's the way it should be instead of what it is now.

> > > > >

> > > > > So now you are being selfish because you just want boons and party support, but not give any out yourself.

> > > >

> > > > Lol how do you know I don't give out boons?

> > >

> > > What class/classes do you play in wvw?

> >

> > I guess I proved my point.

>

> Not really, since you didn't say which classes you play.

Oh well certainly not any classes that give any buffs right? You should know.

First thing first. Semi casual and semi hardcore, same difference as half full and half empty.

Second is I can't see you as semi if you have to make this post, to me you are a casual.

Casual or not, not really the point but just want to make it clear that semi-casual and semi-hardcore are the same thing, many people always think those are different, it isn't.

Now, let us work on the history and differences. There are semi and hardcore players, players who are simply competitive or simply want to win or would like to have nice fights. That mentality isn't that much of a different from raid and t4 fotm. The problem is WvW is open yet limited slots, so anyone can just go inside and due to it limitation in slots, it is a first come first thingy. To win means you need to have the best possible compositions and even players but because of the open and limited slots, not easy to achieve. So, there come two solutions, first is to forcefully instill certain mentality on the populations, second is to dump the server and stack on a new server.

Both solutions are tried. The second's result was obvious, we have many so-called top servers which all born from stacking. The second solution still eventually return to the root of the problem which is WvW is open and limited in slots, new players will come in and then slowly occupy that space. Thus, the first solution eventually become the ultimate answer.

Nobody like to force others or scold people, it is actually very tiring to do that. However, it is more depressing to keep losing because of the players lack of desire to win.

On a side note, commanders use their own money to drop the sieges that many took it for granted. I think it is only fair to make it fun for the commanders (and everyone) by not losing every fight that come your way.

> @"RoseofGilead.8907" said:

> If a Commander is running a squad, they do have the right to tell people to switch to a different class; it's their tag and their squad, so they get to make the rules, as long as they're not verbally harassing anyone. However, the other players also have a right to not play in that Commander's squad and either join a new squad or just run along with the squad, without actually being IN the squad. No "technical solution" is needed here.

The problem is if you don't join their squads, many commanders (not all) make it a point to deter you from running with them, like announcing map jump in squad chat or they run tagless and will let you run with them only if you join their squads. Of late, there are more and more commanders doing this.

But, honestly I cannot see the logic behind this. Why would a leader prefer only a squad of 20 members to the same team of 20 members plus another 10 to 15 players tagging along? Only bad or/and petty commanders, I guess. I remember when I first join my server, most commanders will link their next WPs jump on map chat and they more than welcome you to run along with them out of squad. But not lately. I think this is why nowadays it is rare to see a decent zerg size and the only big and formidable zerg I see is on the enemy sides.

I hope WvW will not get to the stage where many selfish 'elitist' raids/dungeons party leaders only care for themselves and winning, and totally forget about the community and the fun part of gaming.

> @"Mil.3562" said:

> I hope WvW will not get to the stage where many selfish 'elitist' raids/dungeons party leaders only care for themselves and winning, and totally forget about the community and the fun part of gaming.

That a rather bad accusation. It is because people cares about others, their morale in particular, which his why people wants to win. It is never fun to keep losing every single fight. That is a universal truth. Ask yourself, do you like to lose every single fight, literally? It is because people do care which is why they want everyone to do the same, to care.

Its no fun to be kicked for playing the class you like either .And the "technical solution" is to properly balance the classes from the core up .When you have a Meta like the current one then there is a serious problem in the balancing.The classes that keep getting booted, the majority of the time, are the same ones for the last 5 years.I also agree that any program that is used to single people out should be pulled .Maybe that person being kicked for not having enough DPS is a novice or has lesser equipment.

Remember ,this is only a game ,not a job.If the commander wants to start telling me what to play I walk away.

There's a type of player that wants everything to be exactly as they think is right in order to win, win, win. They will do so at practically every cost and won't be deterred by morals, social rules or even common decency.

In this game they buy a tag so they can call the shots.

And then there are those that are more than happy to group with such players and abide by their 'laws' because they also want to win, win, win.... but lack the skills or the balls to take charge.

Anyone that wants to play as they choose are better off to carve their own path... or buy a tag and create a free-for-all type of group.

If we deny someone's existance then how can we justify our own.