Wvw Events

XenesisII.1540

> @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> We certainly welcome any ideas for future WvW events!

>

> Here are some guidelines we've been using in our brainstorming.

>

> Change the way WvW is played in some way. Doesn't have to be a big change, but should be a change.

>

> Using events as test beds for permanent changes can be nice, but isn't necessary. There are many things we probably would be willing to do for the length of a matchup, but wouldn't want it to be forever.

>

> Events shouldn't require large art changes. We want to be able to implement these events quickly and not rely on getting a lot of art that may never be used again.

>

> Events shouldn't exclude large sections of the player base. No restricting events to specific classes, expansions, etc.

>

> Looking forward to hearing more ideas!

Its good to have these weekly things but the have a places for it EotM. This is your testing grounds for wvw things and can be a bit crazy what you do there. If you go week to week in stander wvw your going to throw off worlds rankings (i am not sure how many ppl are watching that mind you).

Why not update EotM to have glinders maybe mounts and do a weekly effect. Put in some nice rewards for ppl who play the content and not just krama train.

If EotM is not "good" why not cut it from the game comply and put in BLs that are open like EotM and do the weekly things there.

Any way though on things to do for a week non elite spec weekend. Weak siege vs players week. Free traps week (to put down).

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All Stealth Weekend...you log into WvW you are stealthed until you enter combat.

No Walls/Gates on 2 of the towers (either North or South, walls gates remain 'unfixable' )

Charrcars for Everybody!

No Swords Weekend Just like it sounds...no indication of battle/no waypoint closing...see also "The weekend you find out who can scout and who can't".

My suggestion is to leave well alone. If a change isn't for serious testing purposes because you hope to add it permanently then don't mess us about and waste our time with gimmicks. I realize quite a few people come here to post because they no longer enjoy WvW or even play it regularly and they may welcome anything that piques their jaded interest but my experience is that most days, most matches, most of the time, most people playing are taking it quite seriously and having a pretty good time.

When we've had odd gimmicky events like this in the past (Golem week comes to mind) the main effect has been that many - perhaps most- of the regular players either stopped playing until things went back to normal or did their very best to avoid whatever gimmick was in play. WvW needs to have more gravitas and more meaning, not gimmicks for comedy value.

All gates are open and siege cannot be deployed, RI on lords lasts for 30-60 minutes (so ppl dont just run away from fights to backcap and turn this a ktrain). PPK is doubled. If you want to defend a tower/keep you need to fight for it.

> @"hunkamania.7561" said:

> - EU/NA merge weekend

> - No SMC gates weekend

> - No Superior AC weekend

> - Mount weekend

> - No AoE cap weekend

> - cannot use invisibility weekend

> - 500% magic find 500% wxp on red BL weekend(maybe someone will play on the map)

> -No desert BL weekend

>

> Spice it up

You cannot merge NA and EU servers for tons of reasons. The rest is ok.

> @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> We certainly welcome any ideas for future WvW events!

>

> Here are some guidelines we've been using in our brainstorming.

>

> Change the way WvW is played in some way. Doesn't have to be a big change, but should be a change.

>

> Using events as test beds for permanent changes can be nice, but isn't necessary. There are many things we probably would be willing to do for the length of a matchup, but wouldn't want it to be forever.

>

> Events shouldn't require large art changes. We want to be able to implement these events quickly and not rely on getting a lot of art that may never be used again.

>

> Events shouldn't exclude large sections of the player base. No restricting events to specific classes, expansions, etc.

>

> Looking forward to hearing more ideas!

I am excited about a possible no Down State event even if it were for a weekend, and hopefully it will lead to rezzing in WvW getting a much needed nerf. However this will also disable the use and value of skills/traits/runes/finishers that affect down state. I know there has not been an official announcement yet, at least I am not aware of one, but have these factors been considered?

> @"Zaraki.5784" said:

> > @"hunkamania.7561" said:

> > - EU/NA merge weekend

> > - No SMC gates weekend

> > - No Superior AC weekend

> > - Mount weekend

> > - No AoE cap weekend

> > - cannot use invisibility weekend

> > - 500% magic find 500% wxp on red BL weekend(maybe someone will play on the map)

> > -No desert BL weekend

> >

> > Spice it up

>

> You cannot merge NA and EU servers for tons of reasons. The rest is ok.

Yes you can. They did it in the desert BL beta. Shouldn't be an issue for a weekend event.

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > @"LetoII.3782" said:

> > Charrcars should really be in towers too.

> > Can't have a 2 person biker gang yo :(

>

> Psst: two camps. There are two on Mags third on EBG. :grin:

Well, when we take an opponents keep there isn't much call for charrcars as everyone's already at their destination.

Biker gang gotta ride or it's just out-of-shape baby boomers sweating in leather.

> @"Dreggon.6598" said:

> well here's a dumb idea i threw together

>

> make all structures invulnerable except the main one in each map - SMC in EB, and the garrisons in each borderlands, would be the only vulnerable structures

>

> while you're inside one of those contested structures that your team owns, you get drip-fed WXP and reward track progress. the goal is to capture those structures so you get the gradual rewards, and defend them so you don't lose those rewards.

>

> i haven't thought it through any more than this, if you like it then great

This is an awful idea, how many siege pieces do you envision being in that structure?

I'd like a in combat speed disabled please, preferably forever but a weekend would do.

No siege gimmicks unless it involves removing some.. or all

No fortified objectives (reinforced happens at tier 3)

Perma quickness

Quaggan keep lords that shoot baby quaggan projectiles.

Aftershock - damages all gates and walls 15% every 30 min

Champion sentries

No superior or guild siege

Ruination - triple wxp for players killed in ruins, ruins contribute to ppt tick.

No fall damage

Trebwars - trebs cost half supply