Please remove mounts from Claw of Jormag event.

I get it, there's a problem, but the solution to every open world problem is not to ban or limit mounts. It's bad enough that Anet caved to the drama over people getting a few silver by using the Springer to get to the chest on a jumping puzzle, but now it's like every woe in the game is suddenly the fault of mounts.

Doing world completion, or various gathering routes, etc. is peppered with "No mount" zones, "no gliding" zones, etc. It is annoying.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Neural.1824" said:

> I get it, there's a problem, but the solution to every open world problem is not to ban or limit mounts. It's bad enough that Anet caved to the drama over people getting a few silver by using the Springer to get to the chest on a jumping puzzle, but now it's like every woe in the game is suddenly the fault of mounts.

> Doing world completion, or various gathering routes, etc. is peppered with "No mount" zones, "no gliding" zones, etc. It is annoying.

To be fair we need more restriction for mounts its fun to use but core isnt really where they belong

> @"Laila Lightness.8742" said:

> > @"Neural.1824" said:

> > I get it, there's a problem, but the solution to every open world problem is not to ban or limit mounts. It's bad enough that Anet caved to the drama over people getting a few silver by using the Springer to get to the chest on a jumping puzzle, but now it's like every woe in the game is suddenly the fault of mounts.

> > Doing world completion, or various gathering routes, etc. is peppered with "No mount" zones, "no gliding" zones, etc. It is annoying.

>

> To be fair we need more restriction for mounts its fun to use but core isnt really where they belong

Might as well disable them in core if people just want to take all the fun out of them. Mounts that feel restricted in their movement, lol. I'll never understand the crowd that vehemently defends the amazing (((gameplay))) of core with all its fantastic aspects like monsters that will never hurt you or events that take 15 minutes in which you could have finished exploring the entire map. They can dodge the bullet of reworking old maps by simply having mounts in there, the harmful cases are so far and few that I don't think anything needs to be changed about them besides maybe lowering their damage to reasonable levels in starter areas.

> @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > It’s only long and tedious because players are lazy and just auto attack in one location during each phase.

> >

> > You are kind of forced to do so, because if you dash forward to do some real damage, you die quickly due to a lack of healing. If everyone would play this event as intended, it would indeed be more fun.

>

> The intended way would be keeping the golems alive so you get to the burn phase faster. That does not require any dashing forward.

Not every class is ranged, so yeah, standing at that spot isn't ideal for everyone. ;)

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> Ah, I see. No one is exploiting the event; people are just making use of the new mechanic to do things more quickly, as people always do. Some of those without access to the new mechanic get less loot, but then again, so do those without access (since the event goes more quickly). However, since the event goes more quickly, it means everyone involved has more time to do things after the Claw dies too.

>

> Like @"RoseofGilead.8907", I'm not against ANet tweaking this fight to be more interesting. But neither do I think it's worth any resources at all if all they are going to do is enforce a longer fight.

As soon as you tag the event the loot is the same for all...

The champs shouldn't drop anything extra... So i really can't tell what's the problem, really?

I haven't done that event in a while, but, it seems to me that people are just using mounts to get it over with faster, since the final phase can be kinda boring.

> @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > Ah, I see. No one is exploiting the event; people are just making use of the new mechanic to do things more quickly, as people always do. Some of those without access to the new mechanic get less loot, but then again, so do those without access (since the event goes more quickly). However, since the event goes more quickly, it means everyone involved has more time to do things after the Claw dies too.

> >

> > Like @"RoseofGilead.8907", I'm not against ANet tweaking this fight to be more interesting. But neither do I think it's worth any resources at all if all they are going to do is enforce a longer fight.

>

> As soon as you tag the event the loot is the same for all...

> The champs shouldn't drop anything extra... So i really can't tell what's the problem, really?

> I haven't done that event in a while, but, it seems to me that people are just using mounts to get it over with faster, since the final phase can be kinda boring.

**IF** the event is scaled up high enough there are additional champions that spawn. I think you can get up to 9 additional champ bags if you manage to drag it out long enough and tag all of them, maybe it was 16. It's been a long time so memory is a bit fuzzy. These days if it happens it's more like 2 or 3.

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > The event is in dire need or rework anyway. It's long, tedious, unrewarding and annoying.

>

> Edit: Sorry. Mistaken for another event. Better rewards like with Tequatl or the Shatterer would be a nice addition to this, I agree.

>

> > @"Neural.1824" said:

> > Path of Fire slowly being turned into Path of Mounts Are Not Allowed In This Area, You Have Been Dismounted.

>

> Isn't it? I still don't get what's in the south/southwestern corner of Timberline Falls that people are deliberately being dismounted for.

The Talus Waterslide area in the far southwest corner? I came across that not too long ago and it confused me too. The wiki mentions there's a small cave and some waterfalls, but no events or anything special. My guess is there might have been a way to break out of the map using mounts, so they disabled mounts in that small area. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Talus_Waterslide

As far as Claw of Jormag event goes, I think it would be best to revamp the whole thing. It's long overdue anyway. Disabling mounts in that area would be confusing to players since there aren't any jumping puzzles or ways to break out of the map there, and it would annoy people.

Oh, 1 thing you can do is email exploits@arena.net. Give as much detail you can as to how mounts are being used in the event that breaks it. That will definitively get them to take a look at it and make changes if any are needed. Worst case scenario they just disable mounts in the area the event takes place.

I haven't done that world boss for a while, but from the sounds of comments here, it seems like it might be a bit exploity.

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > It’s only long and tedious because players are lazy and just auto attack in one location during each phase.

> > >

> > > You are kind of forced to do so, because if you dash forward to do some real damage, you die quickly due to a lack of healing. If everyone would play this event as intended, it would indeed be more fun.

> >

> > The intended way would be keeping the golems alive so you get to the burn phase faster. That does not require any dashing forward.

>

> Not every class is ranged, so yeah, standing at that spot isn't ideal for everyone. ;)

Well, actually, yeah, every class does have a ranged option. some are less ideal than others, but yes, every class has ranged options.

> @"Morfedel.4165" said:

> > > @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > > > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > > > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > > It’s only long and tedious because players are lazy and just auto attack in one location during each phase.

> > > >

> > > > You are kind of forced to do so, because if you dash forward to do some real damage, you die quickly due to a lack of healing. If everyone would play this event as intended, it would indeed be more fun.

> > >

> > > The intended way would be keeping the golems alive so you get to the burn phase faster. That does not require any dashing forward.

> >

> > Not every class is ranged, so yeah, standing at that spot isn't ideal for everyone. ;)

>

> Well, actually, yeah, every class does have a ranged option. some are less ideal than others, but yes, every class has ranged options.

On top of that, this event literally supplies everyone with 2,500 range weapons if you want them.

> @"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:

> >

> > Not every class is ranged, so yeah, standing at that spot isn't ideal for everyone. ;)

>

> Poor Guardian having no weapons that can reach. If anyone suggests using Charzooka, I respond with going afk.

Go longbow then. Yes, that would be a dps loss, but a lower dps is still better than no dps due to not having range, right?

> @"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:

> Poor Guardian having no weapons that can reach. If anyone suggests using Charzooka, I respond with going afk.

Guardian has a longbow, though.

Also, why the hostile sarcasm? All I was trying to communicate is that the fight, as it is, isn't very versatile -- people are right to call it "boring", most of the time you just stay at long range and fire. *Zzzz*

> @"Morfedel.4165" said:

> ok, I took a lengthy break, just now coming back. how is jackal speeding up killing jormag?

If you bring Jormag hp below 50% (i may be wrong here, could be lower) in phase 1, he will be stunned in phase 2 at the start. The zerg charges with jackals to start dps before Jormag's frozen ground wears off, as the high barriers fron jackal ensure more survivability. Jormag will remove its frozen ground after a few secs, players continue to dps and Jormag dies in this phase, usually. Or its hp are so low, it will die within the next minute of "watch the ledges" pact golem phase.

> @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > Ah, I see. No one is exploiting the event; people are just making use of the new mechanic to do things more quickly, as people always do. Some of those without access to the new mechanic get less loot, but then again, so do those without access (since the event goes more quickly). However, since the event goes more quickly, it means everyone involved has more time to do things after the Claw dies too.

> > >

> > > Like @"RoseofGilead.8907", I'm not against ANet tweaking this fight to be more interesting. But neither do I think it's worth any resources at all if all they are going to do is enforce a longer fight.

> >

> > As soon as you tag the event the loot is the same for all...

> > The champs shouldn't drop anything extra... So i really can't tell what's the problem, really?

> > I haven't done that event in a while, but, it seems to me that people are just using mounts to get it over with faster, since the final phase can be kinda boring.

>

> **IF** the event is scaled up high enough there are additional champions that spawn. I think you can get up to 9 additional champ bags if you manage to drag it out long enough and tag all of them, maybe it was 16. It's been a long time so memory is a bit fuzzy. These days if it happens it's more like 2 or 3.

Weird, those used to not drop anything... Maybe they changed it... Still, if you want champion bags, grab 1/3 of the people doing Claw and go do Coil.

> @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > > > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > > Ah, I see. No one is exploiting the event; people are just making use of the new mechanic to do things more quickly, as people always do. Some of those without access to the new mechanic get less loot, but then again, so do those without access (since the event goes more quickly). However, since the event goes more quickly, it means everyone involved has more time to do things after the Claw dies too.

> > > >

> > > > Like @"RoseofGilead.8907", I'm not against ANet tweaking this fight to be more interesting. But neither do I think it's worth any resources at all if all they are going to do is enforce a longer fight.

> > >

> > > As soon as you tag the event the loot is the same for all...

> > > The champs shouldn't drop anything extra... So i really can't tell what's the problem, really?

> > > I haven't done that event in a while, but, it seems to me that people are just using mounts to get it over with faster, since the final phase can be kinda boring.

> >

> > **IF** the event is scaled up high enough there are additional champions that spawn. I think you can get up to 9 additional champ bags if you manage to drag it out long enough and tag all of them, maybe it was 16. It's been a long time so memory is a bit fuzzy. These days if it happens it's more like 2 or 3.

>

> Weird, those used to not drop anything... Maybe they changed it... Still, if you want champion bags, grab 1/3 of the people doing Claw and go do Coil.

The champs that spawn during phase 1 never drop loot. During phase 2, SOME champs (the ones that spawn due to scaling) do drop loot. So, people will often hang back and wait for those champs to spawn to get some extra champ boxes before the event ends. It's been that way for quite some time now, I believe.

> @"RoseofGilead.8907" said:

> > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > > @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > > > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > > > > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > > > Ah, I see. No one is exploiting the event; people are just making use of the new mechanic to do things more quickly, as people always do. Some of those without access to the new mechanic get less loot, but then again, so do those without access (since the event goes more quickly). However, since the event goes more quickly, it means everyone involved has more time to do things after the Claw dies too.

> > > > >

> > > > > Like @"RoseofGilead.8907", I'm not against ANet tweaking this fight to be more interesting. But neither do I think it's worth any resources at all if all they are going to do is enforce a longer fight.

> > > >

> > > > As soon as you tag the event the loot is the same for all...

> > > > The champs shouldn't drop anything extra... So i really can't tell what's the problem, really?

> > > > I haven't done that event in a while, but, it seems to me that people are just using mounts to get it over with faster, since the final phase can be kinda boring.

> > >

> > > **IF** the event is scaled up high enough there are additional champions that spawn. I think you can get up to 9 additional champ bags if you manage to drag it out long enough and tag all of them, maybe it was 16. It's been a long time so memory is a bit fuzzy. These days if it happens it's more like 2 or 3.

> >

> > Weird, those used to not drop anything... Maybe they changed it... Still, if you want champion bags, grab 1/3 of the people doing Claw and go do Coil.

>

> The champs that spawn during phase 1 never drop loot. During phase 2, SOME champs (the ones that spawn due to scaling) do drop loot. So, people will often hang back and wait for those champs to spawn to get some extra champ boxes before the event ends. It's been that way for quite some time now, I believe.

Well, then, in my opinion, i'm glad people found a way to negate that.

There's a reason as to why Arena Net stopped champs spawned in a lot of meta-events and world bosses from dropping bags, exactly to stop that behaviour, and get people to focus on the objective at hand, and not stalling the event for extra loot.

So basically people are complaining because they were stuffing their pockets while people were doing the work on the world boss for them, and now people doing the world boss are able to do it so effectively they can't leech of their effort. That's a nice reason to complain.

I still haven't worked out why we need golems to amble over bombs to thaw out Frosty Angryclaw's feet, when we've got perfectly good cannons just up the hill that don't throw a spaz when they encounter a few icicles.

Ascalon's just over the hill, too. Why not bring in a few tanks to make things interesting?

> @"Ben K.6238" said:

> I still haven't worked out why we need golems to amble over bombs to thaw out Frosty Angryclaw's feet, when we've got perfectly good cannons just up the hill that don't throw a spaz when they encounter a few icicles.

>

> Ascalon's just over the hill, too. Why not bring in a few tanks to make things interesting?

Why not just brings the airships and kill it like we did with Zhaitan?