I hope ANET is/will be working on long range elite spec for the ELE

Evil.1580

Warhorn was a last min low anamastion add on to anet trying to make a sword melee class. I guess weaver was the demand for a sword class (all though its a realy good ranged dps set up for ele).

I just want full transparency on the next elite spec. Tempest was last min rushed weaver was deleted and remade. I no longer trust anet to make any thing with ele behind close doors.

> @"Jski.6180" said:

> Warhorn was a last min low anamastion add on to anet trying to make a sword melee class. I guess weaver was the demand for a sword class (all though its a realy good ranged dps set up for ele).

>

> I just want full transparency on the next elite spec. Tempest was last min rushed weaver was deleted and remade. I no longer trust anet to make any thing with ele behind close doors.

Could you become a anet employee and push ur agenda please....thanks the be great.

> @"Jski.6180" said:

> Warhorn was a last min low anamastion add on to anet trying to make a sword melee class. I guess weaver was the demand for a sword class (all though its a realy good ranged dps set up for ele).

>

> I just want full transparency on the next elite spec. Tempest was last min rushed weaver was deleted and remade. I no longer trust anet to make any thing with ele behind close doors.

To be fair, Weaver does look like it would take a dam long time to make, its just unfortunate that Tempest was rushed out so quickly instead (Although Tempest wasn't exactly a bad spec throughout HoT) Sword mage was something alot of people wanted and if players demand it, then Anet would oblige as it would of increased the people buying PoF because of Weaver I just hope once they sort out the mess Weaver is in that they then start to give Tempest more support for PvP and WvW

> @"bOTEB.1573" said:

> Both Tempest and Weaver, introduce 1h sword and warhorn...

>

> While we can still play a staff, none of the elite specs are concentrated around it.

>

> Introducing a bow in the new elite spec would be great, magic archer or something similar.

>

I would love Ele to have a Longbow, It could look cool and be balanced at the same time :D

Well the options are slim (non-offhand):

mace - typically melee

axe - typically melee

hammer - typically melee

shortbow

longbow

greatsword - typically melee

rifle (unlikely)

pistol (unlikely)

I'm inclined to think if it is a ranged weapon following convention it'd be shortbow , 900 range & likely condi based. It would need some focus on burn/bleed + (and stun+ daze + knockdown/pull/launch +blind +immob + cripple + chill+ vulnerability + weakness) since I don't believe elementalists use poison , confusion, or torment (taunt , slow , fear too).

Both the fire and arcane line already provide burning on critical hits (while in fire attunement) with an internal cooldown.

It is also highly likely torch will be given to eles rather than shields. I hope that the next elite spec weapon is a mainhand since scepter isn't a very strong option due to delay and low AOE.

Especs are not really tied to the weapon.

- Tempest is about staying longer on attunements to unlock overloads. Its about AoE and group effects.

- Weaver is about changing attunements fast and combining them for extra skills and bonuses.

And while the attunements decide what the ele is doing (dmg, control, support), ele has access to:

- Staff: Long range, slow cast, long-lasting AoE fields;

- Scepter: mid range, single target with aoe bursts;

- Dagger: short range, fast cast, PbAoE with strong burst;

- Focus: self defense and mid range AoE control;

- Warhorn: mid to short range, aoe support (buffs and auras) and control;

- Sword: melee range, single target/cleave bursts with some evasion/mobility

So yea, we are missing a long range single target fast casting weapon. Longbow is very likely to be it, both thematically and mechanically.

Not only that, but...

We got conjures for (fiery) greatsword, (flaming) axe, (frost) shortbow, (lightening) hammer, and (earth) shield.

This leaves us with(out): mace, torch, pistols, riffle, and longbow.

From those, Longbow seems to fit better the long-range fast-casting single-target option. And we already got MH espec with weaver and OH espec with tempest. Makes sense to get a 2Her next. And although Id love to play a dual pistol spell slinger, I think that is likely to be more likely to end up with mesmers.

> @"lLobo.7960" said:

> We got conjures for (fiery) greatsword, (flaming) axe, (frost) shortbow, (lightening) hammer, and (earth) shield.

> This leaves us with(out): mace, torch, pistols, riffle, and longbow.

>

> From those, Longbow seems to fit better the long-range fast-casting single-target option. And we already got MH espec with weaver and OH espec with tempest. Makes sense to get a 2Her next. And although Id love to play a dual pistol spell slinger, I think that is likely to be more likely to end up with mesmers.

>

Yeah I highly doubt we'll get a weapon that is also a conjure (or at least before we get the others first) so a longbow is my choice too.

If its not a main hand wepon or a 2h wepon (all though that is a main hand wepon) your going to be locked with at best 1,000 ranged with scpter. There is a lack of longe ranged 1h wepon on the ele kit and an elite cant fix this problem. Staff is core ele best and only long ranged wepon its not even an attk ranged wepon but more of a AoE control wepon.

The long ranged elite needs to have fast attks like a bow or gun but still have "magic" animations attached to it. I suggest a foces main hand or a pure magic class where your not using your wepon at all to hit or fire but only to make your spells cast. I would like the 1 skills to act like falling attks where they are lobed at targets or maxed ranged making them non projectals.

We need something with great single target damage potential and great range potential. Not talking only about weapons but spec too. This would be the exact opposite of the tempest (buff+close range aoe overloads) and weaver (close range). It would be fun too. IMO and lite single target oriented spec with a longbow is a great idea as some of you already suggested. I really like my ele but in every game mod (be pve/pvp/wvw) it seems it lacks something. and cant give competitive gameplay vs any content. We should have a build which is awesome for PVP, we should have another build which is awesome for WvW and we should have a 3rd build which gives us good PvE options. I am not here to cry about buffs but only a fresh spec which is simple and effective enough to make other professions fans to try and fall in love with it.

I agree with the OP: Elementalist needs a single target focused weapon for long range engagement + utility (and skill 4 & 5) skills that help you in melee situations (since we can't weapon swap).

A "spell archer" is very close to what we had with Dragon Hunter, so I think that Longbow might be out. My 2 cents would be on Mace to be made a 1200 range weapon (because it is not used that much yet on Elites). My guess for utilities would be some sort of summon (minions, spirits etc.) and a buff to conjured weapons with the new trait line (which can be the "alternative" close combat weapon). Attuning to the "elemental spirit's element" would buff/heal the spirit:

e.g. you have summoned a Fire Spirit, which is circling you, dealing damage to foes in melee range. Everytime to attune to Fire, you heal the Fire Spirit by x points and you gain Fury. Earth could provide resistance, Water dish out Chill and Air could reveal etc. (see how I added some condis Ele currently lacks).

I'd love to see a Lavamancer using Axes as a 1200 range weapon.

The spec would only use Earth and fire attunements, It would have the regular F1-F4 skills, with F1 being the standard fire, F2 being the standard earth. F3 would be Magma atunement, which would be more of a fiery ranged dps oriented attunement with some flowing fire fields and lava pools that cause a special effect "molten metal" that would reduce enemy armour, but most damage being ranged single-target projectiles. (to deviate from the archetype that ele is only good at large targets).

F4 would be Obsidian Attunement, which would be more defensive, with shorter range skills, but with skills that proc a protective shell that reduces a % incoming damage while doing passive fire damage to enemies in melee range (~300 or less).

That would allow him to be a sort of ranged duelist, switching from high dps offensive damage to shorter range defensive skills when required.