Surrender Vote in SPVP

Im playing mostly one match per day for daily. If i have mood i do for example 3.

Today matches:

1st:

>! 1 offline from start

>! ![](https://i.imgur.com/AZ6oGQz.jpg "")

>! score board: (you can see how many player were actually playing)

>! ![](https://i.imgur.com/wU0euux.jpg "")

2nd:

>! We won that btw... still sick

>! ![](https://i.imgur.com/C8cbpxP.jpg "")

3th:

>! I know im bad one here because i left. But i was holding 3 player alone at far spot while my team capped 0. And drama started. And i had no mood for it. After first two matches. Just no sorry.

>! ![](https://i.imgur.com/ALZKVYF.jpg "")

## Now pls that blurred names are okay ?

**i dont want to break rules or insult anyone.**

If yeas ... I can go deeper to pass. Not just today. I can also upload video. But i cant blur names in video.

If u are against surrender or leave button. How to solve this:

When im match where one player is offline and one afk. 3 players hold one spot against 5 players. There is no way to win with one spot right ?. What should I do ?

I would suggest that you need only about 3/5 votes for end. Mostly there is only 1-2 afk or offline.

I just dont want to be stuck in pointless game. I want leave if its extreme crap.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have a better idea! Just get that class stuck in the PvP match so if you switch to a different character they won't be put into the match.

No reward given for leaving and will prevent class stacking ^^.

Of course this would only apply during the match if you switch at the preparation phase to another character that would put the new character into the game.

> @"Solidaris.5423" said:

> Have a better idea! Just get that class stuck in the PvP match so if you switch to a different character they won't be put into the match.

> No reward given for leaving and will prevent class stacking ^^.

> Of course this would only apply during the match if you switch at the preparation phase to another character that would put the new character into the game.

>Today i did 3 pvp matches. 1st start with 4vs5. Other one with afk player (i can show you sreenshot). And im not going to lie i left 3th one.

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Yeah I wonder what the problem is :trollface:

If you give up in 1/10 games, and so do the players around you, then the chance of a 5v5 game is much lower than you'd expect. If you don't want leavers, you don't get to "just leave yourself because fuck this shit". You're part of the problem.

Want to avoid this? Climb. Tryhard. EVERY game. Even 4v5s, which are perfectly winnable especially in scrubland rating. The more you climb, the fewer players AFK for no reason.

No pips should be awarded if the “I give up trying” button is hit and the match ends as a result. Otherwise it’ll be abused and players will use it to farm pips for quicker “matches”.

Also, you cannot prove that they’re unpaid (F2P) accounts. Those type of accounts are just being used as a scapegoat.

> @"Etheri.5406" said:

> >Today i did 3 pvp matches. 1st start with 4vs5. Other one with afk player (i can show you sreenshot). And im not going to lie i left 3th one.

>

> Hahahahahahahahahahahaha.

> Yeah I wonder what the problem is :trollface:

>

> If you give up in 1/10 games, and so do the players around you, then the chance of a 5v5 game is much lower than you'd expect. If you don't want leavers, you don't get to "just leave yourself because kitten this kitten". You're part of the problem.

>

> Want to avoid this? Climb. Tryhard. EVERY game. Even 4v5s, which are perfectly winnable especially in scrubland rating. The more you climb, the fewer players AFK for no reason.

Sry but this is not true and it really insult me. I thing 1-3 matches per day is more than enought. Im always doing my best. Even if im in disadvantage 4v5. Pretty mutch i never give up but everything have limits. Let me assemble my own group and ill be fine. "no buttons needed"

How do you think there are so many drivers in the world today that aren't getting into car accidents constantly? Because there are ***laws*** that deter people from doing so. Fines for littering. Fines for this and fines for that.

Same thing with this system. If we have a forfeit option, leave it at 4 players having to vote BUT HAVE LAWS/RULES...

- Every player on the team loses 33% more rating if they forfeit

- No pips will be awarded

- Forfeit vote can only occur if the score is 250 points apart

- You have three forfeits available every day. When you forfeit a match the first time you cannot PVP for 5 minutes. Forfeit a second time you can't PVP for 60 minutes. Forfeit a third time and you can't do any more Ranked for the day. We could even go further and reduce the amount of forfeits per day to two.

- Fortunately, if a player disconnects for more than one minute, the team can agree on a forfeit vote WITHOUT any of the above penalties (plus, no rating will be lost).

This will discourage players from forfeiting, but if the game is absolutely futile (0/250) you can try a forfeit vote.

Totally, totally against this idea. I've won many matches from a 200+ point deficit, and have lost a few where my team blew a 200+ point lead. Yes, the midfight can frequently be a good barometer of how things are going, but I've been on teams that wiped at mid yet came back for the win. Most of the time it's because my team gets smart and starts rotating intelligently, picking fights they can win, and going for objectives as needed (beasts , bell, skyhammer, etc). Last season I won a match 4v5 (my team was the one with 4), purely by relentless rotation and choosing our battles instead of rushing headlong into certain death.

So yeah. Totally opposed to a surrender option.

The average match takes 10 minutes, there is no way opposite team can farm spawn. Why would you wanna give a tool to ragequit and troll players, to make matches event worse?

10 minutes!

I plaeyd dota2 , game where matches are 30-40 minutes and enemy could camp-farm your spawn if your team allow them to snowball. If that was the case here I would probably agree with you but its 10 minus.

Technically you don't need a surrender vote. There will be people who don't really want to continue the fight. I've seen players just sit or run around in spawn after losing the first two teamfights making the match 4v5 or worse. That's your surrender vote already... only slower. But matches last 10 minutes. Having one or two unwilling players will probably reduce that by half. Not much time wasted really.

I think a surrender button would only work if it was restricted to 300 point deficits where you team has under 100 and the enemy has over 400.

Asides from that, people give up too early. I constantly get players calling gg 30 seconds to a minute into a match. It's kind of ridiculous.

90% of the time, "Shut up and focus." works.

> @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> I think a surrender button would only work if it was restricted to 300 point deficits where you team has under 100 and the enemy has over 400.

>

> Asides from that, people give up too early. I constantly get players calling gg 30 seconds to a minute into a match. It's kind of ridiculous.

>

> 90% of the time, "Shut up and focus." works.

Pls.....it's be easier to teach a chicken to play Mozart than expect pugs in GW2 to regroup instead than going rambo mode like headless ...chickens

> @"Sinful.2165" said:

> Lol, absolutely not. 150 points is not unwinnable. It’s the attitude of giving up in resignation to a loss that makes it unwinnable.

>

> I hate when people give up in a match, no matter how great or small the point difference. If you want to give up mid game, go play Tetris or something that you can just set down and walk away from the moment you become frustrated because giving up in a team game mode is a disservice to the other 9 people stuck playing with you.

Where I do agree that 150 points is not unwinnable, it really only has a chance if you happen to have a guild team who maybe had a bad split at the start etc, most pugs as soon as they lose home go AFK as they are only interested in farming the points/pips ( if season ) I was in a match the other day where the opposite team had a member who was QQing at a ranger on my team and openly said in the map that they where done and going AFK for the rest of the match, they other 4 people had no chance in reality of ever making a come back,

sPvP has way bigger issues that needing a /gg or resign feature, I think people would actually try more if they didn't always face instant burst from invis builds that kill them in 3 seconds or less, there is no fun in trying to beat a player who can go invis reset all their skills then burst you done and you cannot even see them.

As it stands as much as its annoying I really don't blame people for AFKing or giving up, when there is no real chance of winning, why go bang your head against a wall when you can get the losing match over with and re roll and hope for a better match up where its more competitive, rather than haha I killed you from invis I r so leet.

> @"Alin.2468" said:

> I would love such option. Imagine so many rewards with just a simple PvP button. It's the best idea ever for farming PvP, because every loss will bring fast pips and rewards.

>

> +1 for this. Great idea. Anet please add a surrender button, it totally makes sense because we already have AFK in teams, and it's not fair to waste gameplay time. We need faster rewards and jump to the next PvP match, and then the next. We need this surrender option. Totally awesome!!

Yes plis izi pips we need better farm so we can get more gold per hour like pve farm trains otherwise is not fair

If reward in pvp is not as good as pve is obviously why pvp population is not like pve population.

(☭ ͜ʖ ☭)

Unfortunately, this happens a lot and even at high level. People flaming, not posting any tactic or any advice, reporting you for spamming clicks on map. I'm not going to add players blocking, or top50 players accusing " having to afk " when dying to random silver group.

That is " kid " attitude, you won't really fix it whatever you're doing and it will happen in any game, although it got toned up in GW2 since PoF and condi spamming builds . I used to always post tactics, write in chat and click on map, but i quite gave up since it has no effect lately.

Looks like they merged topic.... good. Let me just clear thing out with final statement.

Problem is that random assembled groups can i be incredible broken. And many times they are.

You can be thrown into total pointless game for couple of minutes.

And its not rare situation. It happen to me pretty often. Even for example 3 games in row. Which you must understand makes me really upset.

I believe ranked arenas should be for premade groups only because what the point of random rating. And unraked for solo/just for fun.

I think pip-reward (of similar reward) should be in both games as well as achievements.

There is also nice idea automatically end game when score difference is too high.

Overall pvp could be better. More game modes for more ppl. Something like battlegrounds in wow (Im just bit scared about facing about 10 mesmers with clones in such battleground). Still I think there is huge unused potential. Game is probably more focused for pve and story. Which is great but pvp is also important part of game. But i dont want to speak off topic. And it has been spoken many times before. [https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/43109/what-makes-a-new-game-mode-good-or-bad](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/43109/what-makes-a-new-game-mode-good-or-bad "https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/43109/what-makes-a-new-game-mode-good-or-bad")

I'm not against a concede option. It would get annoyingly abused, but it's better than just waiting for the game to end when someone quits.

The point difference would need some data behind it (like "0.03% of matches come back from a 245-point deficit without a disconnect")...

> @"pah.4931" said:

> The point difference would need some data behind it (like "0.03% of matches come back from a 245-point deficit without a disconnect")...

This is key. Like I said before, I've been on comeback teams, as well as teams that threw away huge leads. Try as I might, I can't actually count how many of those scenarios I've been involved in - would help to have game-wide data on this.

• 1 month later...

**any updates ?**

I'm really tired of this S*

I wanted to do daily pvp...

I had to play 3 pointless games. At 4th i finally got 5 playing players and win.

warning spoiler contain bad language

>! ![](https://i.imgur.com/t5aqccL.jpg "") ![](https://i.imgur.com/5gYCohT.jpg "") ![](https://i.imgur.com/5z4Gb44.jpg "") ![](https://i.imgur.com/E5ZMzrN.jpg "")

Give us surrender vote finally or full premade groups.. **Your auto matching groups are broken!**

Thanks in advance.

Oh you still think this actually has a chance of happening? That's cute.

This would open the door to exploits, actual reward farmers would populate the lower-mid tiers, eliminate comebacks, basicly ruin sPvP for what? So you MIGHT get to skip a few minutes of inconvenience? Just drop it.