Boss Blitz Bonanza

5000 bosses in 72 hours works out to be about 12 blitzes (70 bosses) per hour. I...don't expect gold to happen. My most optimistic expectation is 3 blitzes in an hour in a single instance. Maybe some people can organize an instance to make up for the zergs. So, if there are 4 or more instances going on, I would think it'd be okay.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whereas I'm okay with the gauntlet/blitz concept, I will surely not participate in this event, clearly waste my time for nothing, reward per boss are awful considering the amount of time spent: not even an exotic or T6 materials after a so high number of try that I can't remember. Rather than spending around 30 min here (because every instance done are bronze) for nothing, I prefer to spend them at palawadan for the same amount of time. Even world bosses are funnier! Gauntlet bosses: I can't stand them anymore as paintings. This festival is clearly made of antipodes: labyrinthine cliff is fun and give you plenty of loots, gauntlet is the total opposite.

I require either a title, a decent amount of gold, high karma, mystic clovers or T6 materials.

A lot of posts in this topic seem contradictory to me. If the rewards aren't worth going for then why does it matter what it takes to get them? If you don't want it then just don't join in. Or just do what you'd do normally and if you get it then it's a free bonus.

I'm kind of annoyed, but only because it's also Eevee weekend in Pokemon Go and I do have stuff to do besides playing video games so I'm not sure how much time I'm going to have for this. But I assume Anet picked 5,000 bosses killed because they think it's an achievable target, and they will have the data to work that out. There's not really anything for them to gain by making it so difficult we're unlikely to manage it, that would just disappoint a lot of people. (Especially since we have no way to track it, so it's not like there's any risk of people stopping once the goal has been reached.)

They may put in a way to track it, though...maybe a new NPC scorekeeper or something.

Pretty sure it's just a way to try to spice up the end of the festival and keep Boss Blitz interest up. I think they know if they offered 'awesome' rewards and challenging goals at this point, it would only lead to problems and freak-outs, so probably a fairly modest goal for fairly modest rewards, just so that things end with a (small) bang. Personally, my Boss Blitz Burnout will prevent me from bothering over it much beyond requirements for dailies. I don't mind the occasional boss that takes 10 minutes of slogging to kill, but not one after another after another after another.

Will be riding the boat a lot while it's still there, though, I think.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> On the one hand, that sounds highly improbable based on what I've seen in LFG during prime time NA. On the other, I don't think there's much chance ANet would put the bar so far out of reach, so I ~~believe~~ want to believe that they have hard numbers of how many successful BB there have been the past two weeks and that 5k isn't a crazy goal.

On the opposite, the whole event sounds to me like Anet seeing that blitz participation is awful, and trying to encourage players to improve statistics. Instead of, for example, improving rewards and scaling.

> @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > On the one hand, that sounds highly improbable based on what I've seen in LFG during prime time NA. On the other, I don't think there's much chance ANet would put the bar so far out of reach, so I ~~believe~~ want to believe that they have hard numbers of how many successful BB there have been the past two weeks and that 5k isn't a crazy goal.

> On the opposite, the whole event sounds to me like Anet seeing that blitz participation is awful, and trying to encourage players to improve statistics. Instead of, for example, improving rewards and scaling.

>

The event is going to be over soon, this is not the time to rework rewards. Instead they offer this to somewhat make up for it and fix it until next year.

> @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > On the one hand, that sounds highly improbable based on what I've seen in LFG during prime time NA. On the other, I don't think there's much chance ANet would put the bar so far out of reach, so I ~~believe~~ want to believe that they have hard numbers of how many successful BB there have been the past two weeks and that 5k isn't a crazy goal.

> On the opposite, the whole event sounds to me like Anet seeing that blitz participation is awful, and trying to encourage players to improve statistics. Instead of, for example, improving rewards and scaling.

>

Yes whilst I like the idea behind a festival incentive, they seem to be a bit out of touch here and the level of toxicity is just going to rocket exponentially. A tweak to the scaling would have achieved a more fun, relaxing result.

> @"Airdive.2613" said:

> > @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > Considering it costs a couple of gold (not sure how much) to even start a boss blitz, this is just useless.

>

> It was my understanding that just killing veterans around the pavilion is sufficient. Donations are for the lazy.

But then it takes even longer to get a boss blitz done, it takes forever to get a boss blitz started if noone donates

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > Unless the scaling is being altered as part of this event attempting to participate could very well reduce everyone else's rewards for their effort. If I want to play something where going after an objective means negatively impacting other players..there are other games that do competition over open world objectives better.

>

> You can go for the objective and not impact others negatively. Getting gold is based around that.

Nice to know. I had thought that too many people would slow things down.

> @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > Unless the scaling is being altered as part of this event attempting to participate could very well reduce everyone else's rewards for their effort. If I want to play something where going after an objective means negatively impacting other players..there are other games that do competition over open world objectives better.

> >

> > You can go for the objective and not impact others negatively. Getting gold is based around that.

>

> Nice to know. I had thought that too many people would slow things down.

Because they do.

The participation condition probably shld be reworked. Individual rewards should be scaled/tiered to per completed blitz by each player (definitely not per boss by each player)

Majority of players who do not blitz other than for dailies - which would be the majority of players - will just tag 1 round over the event period and never go back again, for the off-chance that the goal is met.

Those who do the event do it for fun, as a meta-event, and not for the rewards. As it is, at certain time periods, there is a single lfg waiting on people to join, because there's only 3 people in each team, and other times there isn't any lfg at all.

> @"Malafaia.8903" said:

> Other than that, OP's problem is Anet trying to get ppl to participate in the festival because he thinks ppl don't know how to play the game well enough, lol.

>

> Listen to me boi: If the rewards was decent, this festival would've seen a lot more organized groups, with 6 tags per map and people that don't have the amount of knowledge you think it's enough to play with you would just have to follow instead of listening to randoms.

I believe you misunderstood the OP's point. From my understanding, it's about crazy scaling rather than the inability to play properly. Meaning: a gold run of the BB is more likely to succeed with 6 raid squads doing it orderly (i.e., 10 ppl per squad with everyone waiting to kill at the same time) than with tons of people (including randoms) stacking in uneven numbers at some of the bosses, thus making a timely and synchronized kill impossible due to uneven scaling.

> @"Boogiepop Void.6473" said:

> I consider this a bad sign. It smacks of a realization there is a problem and a sudden scramble to get people back in the content ASAP, without any consideration of why there is a problem or repair work.

Or they know and decided not to do anything about it this year, because the event is almost over as is, and theres no point in trying to rush a patch out that may cause more issues than it would fix.

> @"Dante.1763" said:

> Or they know and decided not to do anything about it this year, because the event is almost over as is, and theres no point in trying to rush a patch out that may cause more issues than it would fix.

Most likely this. I am certain we will see several things being addressed and changed by next year. :)

I'll throw in for it, at least a bit. I have other things to do this weekend, so it's not like I'll be on and grinding bosses all the time.

But you can put me down in the camp of those that feel this may turn out to be a bad idea. People will get upset at anyone they think is slowing them down, and the backlash will be bitter if we don't make the target.

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > @"Malafaia.8903" said:

> > Other than that, OP's problem is Anet trying to get ppl to participate in the festival because he thinks ppl don't know how to play the game well enough, lol.

> >

> > Listen to me boi: If the rewards was decent, this festival would've seen a lot more organized groups, with 6 tags per map and people that don't have the amount of knowledge you think it's enough to play with you would just have to follow instead of listening to randoms.

>

> I believe you misunderstood the OP's point. From my understanding, it's about crazy scaling rather than the inability to play properly. Meaning: a gold run of the BB is more likely to succeed with 6 raid squads doing it orderly (i.e., 10 ppl per squad with everyone waiting to kill at the same time) than with tons of people (including randoms) stacking in uneven numbers at some of the bosses, thus making a timely and synchronized kill impossible due to uneven scaling.

Thats the inability of players to do the content properly. Poor rewards might be the cause of that

> @"Khisanth.2948" said:

> > Gold Blitz is 8 minutes or less. The pre-race takes 2 minutes and the race itself lasts 5, which means, at a rough minimum, 15 minutes per successful Blitz (Gold can happen more quickly, but then there's also a potential delay for the organization phase). That's 4 BB per hour, so 5000 successes means 1250 hours or 52 days worth of Blitz.

> >

> > To reach 5000 during the 72 hour period means 70 successes per hour or 35 each hour in the EU and NA both. At four per hour, that's roughly 8 instances running successful Blitzes during each hour of availability.

> >

> > On the one hand, that sounds highly improbable based on what I've seen in LFG during prime time NA. On the other, I don't think there's much chance ANet would put the bar so far out of reach, so I ~~believe~~ want to believe that they have hard numbers of how many successful BB there have been the past two weeks and that 5k isn't a crazy goal. In addition, it's clear that a lot of people still aren't aware of what it takes to speed up the fight to get gold.

> >

>

> It actually says bosses killed rather than blitzes completed so you only need 833.3 blitzes.

>

> I stopped caring about the event after I realized I misread the rewards. I thought it was a Celebratory Dye Pack rather than Celebration Boosters.

Yeah, this could be one of those things that they end up regretting, if the entire player base doesn't complete 833.3 blitzes in 72 hours it's a pretty bad indication of player participation. I'd say it's a pretty safe bet that this number will be easily reached though.

The rewards for the boss blitz are pretty poor if you don't consistently get gold, giving away Celebration Boosters and Zephyrite Supply Boxes isn't exactly spicing things up.

> @"Pifil.5193" said:

> The rewards for the boss blitz are pretty poor if you don't consistently get gold.

The Gold rewards are hardly worth it either, 20 more tokens than Silver, 1 more piece of salvage fodder and 2 extra Champion bags. Winner...

Anet should have left the Gauntlet Chances loot in this year, that's what people were mainly farming in 2014.

I wonder how many Zephyrite Supply Boxes and Boosters will be given though if this threshold is met. I think if anyone hardcore farms this event to get less than 50 boxes and 10 boosters, they might be a little miffed.

> @"Dante.1763" said:

> At least they are offering something. Sure they coulda done stuff different or whatever. but depending on what exactly they give us it could be worth it.

They won't offer anything that is worth the time. The boxes are basically filled with garbage items. If you want to grind for that chance that you might, possibly, get something that might be worth something, then I guess it could be "worth it". /Shrug

> @"Haleydawn.3764" said:

> > @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > The rewards for the boss blitz are pretty poor if you don't consistently get gold.

>

> The Gold rewards are hardly worth it either, 20 more tokens than Silver, 1 more piece of salvage fodder and 2 extra Champion bags. Winner...

> Anet should have left the Gauntlet Chances loot in this year, that's what people were mainly farming in 2014.

> I wonder how many Zephyrite Supply Boxes and Boosters will be given though if this threshold is met. I think if anyone hardcore farms this event to get less than 50 boxes and 10 boosters, they might be a little miffed.

Oh they're not great by any means, but 10 champ bags in less than 8 minutes isn't all that bad either. I mean, compared to other sources of champ bags.

The rewards for the Queen's Gauntlet are a complete farce, IMO, the Gauntlet Chances loot should definitely have been left in, or else it should have given Zephyrite Supply Boxes for wins.

Yeah, I can't wait to see how thinly they try to slice the rewards for this "Bonanza", lately I feel that they're trying to find what the absolute bare minimum of rewards that remains acceptable is.