Please Release Episode 4 trailer today

> @"Poormany.4507" said:

> I also think that they should not rush future episodes like they did last one, and take as long as they need to do that. Kourna was clearly unfinished to me, as seen if you break out of the map and go into Gandara and see unfinished buildings and the walls put in place for what looked like was supposed to be a 3 lane meta.

The thing is it wasent rushed it was even delayed to polish it upp apparently.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We might get the trailer next week. There is still one more item that needs to come to the Gem Store before another update (i belive).

Sooo, next update is coming in 2 weeks, we can hope for episode 4, but i doubt it. Seeing how black lion chest updates work, i belive it will take more time, probably 4-6 more weeks from yesterday.

If you look at it from a financial point of view, namely quarterly results, we currently have the anniversary sales going on and that should boost revenue for this quarter. Next quarter is only 4 weeks away. So it would be a poor idea to stack those on top of each other in the same quarter, since with the new LS also new items are sure to be added to the gem store as well.

So I personally wouldn't expect the next LS chapter till October, which at least is not that far away.

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > @"Arden.7480" said:

> > As long as it wont be delayed I will be happy.

> >

> > The 3 months cadence ends on September 26.

> >

> > So this is when we should be expecting the episode

>

> It is not and never has been a date by date 3 month cadence. It is an approximation based on an ideal they hope to deliver, with the explicit caveat of it being shorter or longer based on any number of variables.

>

> Basically, itll be ready when it is ready and after openingly admitting they rushed Kourna, not one single person should be pushing them for a sooner finish or to deliver by an exact date. Id rather wait for 5 months and have a better quality, finished release frankly

Id rather not, but hey thats me wanting to see new contet. Btw did you know that 5 months is almost half a year and more than half the content drought after hot which was 9 months?

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > @"Xenon.4537" said:

> > The "2-3 month cadence" became the "3 month cadence" which quietly became the "3-4 month cadence" and is now quickly becoming the "4 month cadence"...... By next year it will be the "7 month cadence" and after a certain point its like why even call it a "living world" of regular content release.

> >

> > And before anyone makes the argument that delaying it will improve the quality... look how that worked out for episode 3...

>

> I personally found nothing wrong with episode 3 and felt it was no different than the previous episodes including LS3. Istan is only being propped up above everything else because of the farm.

It wasnt worth the extra w8. Deff not the nearly 1 extra month worth of w8.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > @"segman.3560" said:

> > > @"Arden.7480" said:

> > > You're repeating everything over and over again.

> > >

> > > The last episode was not rushed... It was released after almost 4 months after Ep2.

> > >

> > > It was all thought out but when people started complaining about Gandara meta, then they said: oh we will take care of the future metas much better.

> >

> > That's not true. They admitted they release Kourna map in unfinished state. Customers have every right to complain about that and put blame on devs.

>

> Source?

You've seen the source because I posted it in another thread when the episode was released and you had the same response.

Anyway, it wasn't so much that they said it was rushed in the AMA as much as it was they stated that they had to redo some things because of design change decisions, and that they also had help near the end from someone from another team. I'm not going to bother trying to find the original AMA, and you're right, they never stated specifically that it was rushed.

It was just heavily implied when you read between the lines of what they did say and discussed some of the things that went wrong.

No idea whether it was the story that needed to be revised or redone, or if it was something relating to the decision to add the mount. Perhaps the mount decision impacted the episode much later in the episode's creation as they implied they didn't originally intend to add it into a living story episode but went for it anyway.

It's pretty heavily regarded as the weakest episode this season, and in my opinion rightfully so. But I don't think it is the fault of the devs as much as it is disorganization during the episode's creation and probable design decisions that created a much longer delay. Even with the delay, there were still plenty of aspects that seemed a bit unfinished such as the meta and Gandara in general. The mount with the additional changes is much nicer but was fine even at release, as was the cinematic and the story instances once they were actually working. I think they probably had much larger plans for certain parts of it but realized they weren't necessary and cut due to time constraints due to said changes during development.

Although we have had two delays in a row, I think it's as frustrating for them as it is for us and I don't expect it to continue. They seem to be restructuring a lot lately, so that may bode well for the future in all game modes and releases.

In anycase, I hope we get a trailer next week! I don't have high expectations for Sun's Refuge in terms of being what I want it to be, but it's exciting non-the-less.

> @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> If you look at it from a financial point of view, namely quarterly results, we currently have the anniversary sales going on and that should boost revenue for this quarter. Next quarter is only 4 weeks away. So it would be a poor idea to stack those on top of each other in the same quarter, since with the new LS also new items are sure to be added to the gem store as well.

>

> So I personally wouldn't expect the next LS chapter till October, which at least is not that far away.

I just think a lot of people would prefer the episode to be released prior to Halloween festival to help space out content and to not have to be torn when deciding which content they want to do. Though if they are going into Joko's backstory I suppose it could be an interesting time to explore that given his history with Thorn.

In saying that though, the next quarter will presumably have two festivals, right? Three with Lunar New Year or is that the quarter after? So although anniversary sales may boost this quarter a bit, releasing the episode before this quarter ends seems pretty balanced to two festivals. And Halloween and Wintersday are both great times to market mount skins and new weapon sets. Not to mention the gem to gold conversion from scribes or people looking to get the new infusions that are released. Wintersday alone is around Christmas time when spending is presumably higher.

Was Kourna in the current quarter or the one before?

I don't really put much thought into it anyway. I'm not sure it has that huge of an impact on their decisions or release schedule.

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > @"Xenon.4537" said:

> > > The "2-3 month cadence" became the "3 month cadence" which quietly became the "3-4 month cadence" and is now quickly becoming the "4 month cadence"...... By next year it will be the "7 month cadence" and after a certain point its like why even call it a "living world" of regular content release.

> > >

> > > And before anyone makes the argument that delaying it will improve the quality... look how that worked out for episode 3...

> >

> > I personally found nothing wrong with episode 3 and felt it was no different than the previous episodes including LS3. Istan is only being propped up above everything else because of the farm.

>

> It wasnt worth the extra w8. Deff not the nearly 1 extra month worth of w8.

Doesn't matter if it was worth or not when the beetle was unusable outside (or even on) the map because of bugs

> @"Arden.7480" said:

> The last episode was not rushed... It was released after almost 4 months after Ep2.

Technically correct, it was a half completed project that any kid in school would have been failed over.

So while not "rushed" it certainly gave off the at the last minute vibe as in whoever was in charge didn't have the proper leadership skills to get people on board with deadlines and quality.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > @"segman.3560" said:

> > That's not true. They admitted they release Kourna map in unfinished state. Customers have every right to complain about that and put blame on devs.

>

> Source?

Pretty sure it was in the Guild Chat episode following it's release. I'll dig through the video to double check. If it wasn't there it probably was in the AMA in some capacity.

Both confirm an unfinished state for the map including last minute changes to the map.

> @"Blocki.4931" said:

> > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > @"Xenon.4537" said:

> > > > The "2-3 month cadence" became the "3 month cadence" which quietly became the "3-4 month cadence" and is now quickly becoming the "4 month cadence"...... By next year it will be the "7 month cadence" and after a certain point its like why even call it a "living world" of regular content release.

> > > >

> > > > And before anyone makes the argument that delaying it will improve the quality... look how that worked out for episode 3...

> > >

> > > I personally found nothing wrong with episode 3 and felt it was no different than the previous episodes including LS3. Istan is only being propped up above everything else because of the farm.

> >

> > It wasnt worth the extra w8. Deff not the nearly 1 extra month worth of w8.

>

> Doesn't matter if it was worth or not when the beetle was unusable outside (or even on) the map because of bugs

Was plently usable, i could use it fine in every map. Anyways, wether it had bugs or not doesnt matter because the mount it self wasnt content and the content the map had lasted 5 days tops.

> @"cptaylor.2670" said:

> > @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> > If you look at it from a financial point of view, namely quarterly results, we currently have the anniversary sales going on and that should boost revenue for this quarter. Next quarter is only 4 weeks away. So it would be a poor idea to stack those on top of each other in the same quarter, since with the new LS also new items are sure to be added to the gem store as well.

> >

> > So I personally wouldn't expect the next LS chapter till October, which at least is not that far away.

>

> I just think a lot of people would prefer the episode to be released prior to Halloween festival to help space out content and to not have to be torn when deciding which content they want to do. Though if they are going into Joko's backstory I suppose it could be an interesting time to explore that given his history with Thorn.

>

>

> In saying that though, the next quarter will presumably have two festivals, right? Three with Lunar New Year or is that the quarter after? So although anniversary sales may boost this quarter a bit, releasing the episode before this quarter ends seems pretty balanced to two festivals. And Halloween and Wintersday are both great times to market mount skins and new weapon sets. Not to mention the gem to gold conversion from scribes or people looking to get the new infusions that are released. Wintersday alone is around Christmas time when spending is presumably higher.

>

> Was Kourna in the current quarter or the one before?

>

> I don't really put much thought into it anyway. I'm not sure it has that huge of an impact on their decisions or release schedule.

>

>

>

Well I think they do put some thought in their release schedule, because they pretty much have to as NcSoft does need to please their investors in the end. And they go by these quarterly reports.

The 3rd chapter of season 3 was released end of June which is the very end of Q2 (26th of June I believe). But it's not just about the quarters it is also about pacing. I'm pretty sure that if they release chapter 4 end of this month or early October, most people will have it finished well before Halloween.

Whether or not they are waiting or still need to finish chapter 3, to me it does seem like it would be poor timing to release it during the anniversary celebrations.

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> > @"Blocki.4931" said:

> > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > > > @"Xenon.4537" said:

> > > > > The "2-3 month cadence" became the "3 month cadence" which quietly became the "3-4 month cadence" and is now quickly becoming the "4 month cadence"...... By next year it will be the "7 month cadence" and after a certain point its like why even call it a "living world" of regular content release.

> > > > >

> > > > > And before anyone makes the argument that delaying it will improve the quality... look how that worked out for episode 3...

> > > >

> > > > I personally found nothing wrong with episode 3 and felt it was no different than the previous episodes including LS3. Istan is only being propped up above everything else because of the farm.

> > >

> > > It wasnt worth the extra w8. Deff not the nearly 1 extra month worth of w8.

> >

> > Doesn't matter if it was worth or not when the beetle was unusable outside (or even on) the map because of bugs

>

> Was plently usable, i could use it fine in every map. Anyways, wether it had bugs or not doesnt matter because the mount it self wasnt content and the content the map had lasted 5 days tops.

Are you trolling me?

The map wasn't released because the beetle caused problems. You can't say it was "plenty usable" before it was even released. The wait was not for extra content, it was to fix the bugs and polish the rest.

The mount was DEFINITELY content. You didn't just get it for free, you had to finish several collections that all had you runa round and play the game.

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > > @"Arden.7480" said:

> > > As long as it wont be delayed I will be happy.

> > >

> > > The 3 months cadence ends on September 26.

> > >

> > > So this is when we should be expecting the episode

> >

> > It is not and never has been a date by date 3 month cadence. It is an approximation based on an ideal they hope to deliver, with the explicit caveat of it being shorter or longer based on any number of variables.

> >

> > Basically, itll be ready when it is ready and after openingly admitting they rushed Kourna, not one single person should be pushing them for a sooner finish or to deliver by an exact date. Id rather wait for 5 months and have a better quality, finished release frankly

>

> Id rather not, but hey thats me wanting to see new contet. Btw did you know that 5 months is almost half a year and more than half the content drought after hot which was 9 months?

I am aware yes and stand by my comment, but i wasnt overly bothered by that drought. Id rather see a longer lead time for fuller content or released when ready rather than trying to bash things out to meet an arbitrary deadline. I think what mostly annoys me is when i see things like ‘it must be out by 26th sept’ which of course is nonsense.

I am sorry, guys but those "I want rather have a complete episode, not rushed one" make me so annoyed!

Each time before any episode as far as remember the same people write the same thing.

2 months- rushed, 3 months- rushed, 4- rushed.

It doesnt matter to you whether it will be 5,6 or 7.

Everything will be "rushed".

And the reality shows something different.

Dont put your own expectations for the content you have no means to control...

If the devs admit the meta was unfinished, then its their problem, they had extra 4 weeks- if 3 months cadence is a thing to you- to prepare everything.

Also it doesnt seem like it, they were just forced to say that.

How would you respond to the angry players that the meta is poor?

If they would say:its not. Then the whole riot would be so huge that they would be accused that they are not serious company, that give bad events.

If they would say:it is. Then it would be all the same!!

They chose a path in the middle- admit its unfinished (while its not) and say- we will look into that.

The Mike Z post in which he apologized that ep 3 is delayed confirmed 2-3 months cadence is still a thing.

As I wrote before...

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > > > @"Arden.7480" said:

> > > > As long as it wont be delayed I will be happy.

> > > >

> > > > The 3 months cadence ends on September 26.

> > > >

> > > > So this is when we should be expecting the episode

> > >

> > > It is not and never has been a date by date 3 month cadence. It is an approximation based on an ideal they hope to deliver, with the explicit caveat of it being shorter or longer based on any number of variables.

> > >

> > > Basically, itll be ready when it is ready and after openingly admitting they rushed Kourna, not one single person should be pushing them for a sooner finish or to deliver by an exact date. Id rather wait for 5 months and have a better quality, finished release frankly

> >

> > Id rather not, but hey thats me wanting to see new contet. Btw did you know that 5 months is almost half a year and more than half the content drought after hot which was 9 months?

>

> I am aware yes and stand by my comment, but i wasnt overly bothered by that drought. Id rather see a longer lead time for fuller content or released when ready rather than trying to bash things out to meet an arbitrary deadline. I think what mostly annoys me is when i see things like ‘it must be out by 26th sept’ which of course is nonsense.

>

>

Its just a horizontal date, never said we must expect it then, I said we should...

> @"Arden.7480" said:

> I am sorry, guys but those "I want rather have a complete episode, not rushed one" make me so annoyed!

>

> Each time before any episode as far as remember the same people write the same thing.

>

> 2 months- rushed, 3 months- rushed, 4- rushed.

>

> It doesnt matter to you whether it will be 5,6 or 7.

>

> Everything will be "rushed".

>

> And the reality shows something different.

>

> Dont put your own expectations for the content you have no means to control...

>

> If the devs admit the meta was unfinished, then its their problem, they had extra 4 weeks- if 3 months cadence is a thing to you- to prepare everything.

>

> Also it doesnt seem like it, they were just forced to say that.

>

> How would you respond to the angry players that the meta is poor?

>

> If they would say:its not. Then the whole riot would be so huge that they would be accused that they are not serious company, that give bad events.

>

> If they would say:it is. Then it would be all the same!!

>

> They chose a path in the middle- admit its unfinished (while its not) and say- we will look into that.

>

>

> The Mike Z post in which he apologized that ep 3 is delayed confirmed 2-3 months cadence is still a thing.

>

> As I wrote before...

I get your point.

But there are also people being annoyed by the weekly "When do we get new content?"/"New episode taking to looooong"/"How long do we have to wait?" threads.

> @"Plautze.6290" said:

> > @"Arden.7480" said:

> > I am sorry, guys but those "I want rather have a complete episode, not rushed one" make me so annoyed!

> >

> > Each time before any episode as far as remember the same people write the same thing.

> >

> > 2 months- rushed, 3 months- rushed, 4- rushed.

> >

> > It doesnt matter to you whether it will be 5,6 or 7.

> >

> > Everything will be "rushed".

> >

> > And the reality shows something different.

> >

> > Dont put your own expectations for the content you have no means to control...

> >

> > If the devs admit the meta was unfinished, then its their problem, they had extra 4 weeks- if 3 months cadence is a thing to you- to prepare everything.

> >

> > Also it doesnt seem like it, they were just forced to say that.

> >

> > How would you respond to the angry players that the meta is poor?

> >

> > If they would say:its not. Then the whole riot would be so huge that they would be accused that they are not serious company, that give bad events.

> >

> > If they would say:it is. Then it would be all the same!!

> >

> > They chose a path in the middle- admit its unfinished (while its not) and say- we will look into that.

> >

> >

> > The Mike Z post in which he apologized that ep 3 is delayed confirmed 2-3 months cadence is still a thing.

> >

> > As I wrote before...

>

> I get your point.

> But there are also people being annoyed by the weekly "When do we get new content?"/"New episode taking to looooong"/"How long do we have to wait?" threads.

Which I had never made.

The devs do what they want, but they give a horizontal date when we should expect it.

Its all I am saying. I said I'd be happy if the episode wouldnt be delayed, because it causes so many embarassing and annoying posts just like this one...

> @"Arden.7480" said:

> Which I had never made.

>

> The devs do what they want, but they give a horizontal date when we should expect it.

>

> Its all I am saying. I said I'd be happy if the episode wouldnt be delayed, because it causes so many embarassing and annoying posts just like this one...

I never said that you did.

All I'm saying is: Different people, different opinions. We all know exactly what will be coming out of a thread like this.

Yet, there is a new one each time. This whole forum seems to be like the core Tyria maps: Caught in time ;) .