What is the upgradable Armor about?

Clyan.1593

I wouldn't mind if it followed an upgrade method similar to how spinal blades worked, where you start with a recipe and then continue to upgrade it in the mystic forge with additional mats. Doing that could help create a new mat sink, which could be very helpful for using up some overly abundant mats like Eye(s) of Kormir. Using that mat could also make sense if there's some kind of sunspear tie-in.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm gonna go with skins..

Perhaps starting with exotic and working upto ascended like a few back items have in the past.. Druid stone for example.

Personally I've been a fan of this idea since Gw2 launched and was disappointed that the game lacked Elite Armor like Gw1 had nor any kind of end game upgradable sets.

There is so much potential for this in Gw2 imo.

On my main Ranger i've been sporting the Ornate Guild armor (with human Falconer mask) since the day I finally crafted it.

But i've always been somewhat disappointed that there isn't a ridiculously more expensive elite version of it that I could persue.

It wouldn't need to be legendary or ascended. (although having a legendary guild armor set would be cool)

Mearly just a skin that requires a great deal of work to obtain.

> @"Teratus.2859" said:

> On my main Ranger i've been sporting the Ornate Guild armor (with human Falconer mask) since the day I finally crafted it.

> But i've always been somewhat disappointed that there isn't a ridiculously more expensive elite version of it that I could persue.

> It wouldn't need to be legendary or ascended. (although having a ** legendary guild armor set** would be cool)

> Mearly just a skin that requires a great deal of work to obtain.

Having a legendary guild armor set would be fantastic! Making it equivalently hard to obtain as other legendary armors, such as needing a very high number of Guild Commendations, would help promote players to join guilds and participate in guild missions too. Unfortunately, ANet has basically abandoned making any further guild updates...which is bizarre considering it's the first word in the title of the game.

> @"Kalendraf.9521" said:

> > @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > On my main Ranger i've been sporting the Ornate Guild armor (with human Falconer mask) since the day I finally crafted it.

> > But i've always been somewhat disappointed that there isn't a ridiculously more expensive elite version of it that I could persue.

> > It wouldn't need to be legendary or ascended. (although having a ** legendary guild armor set** would be cool)

> > Mearly just a skin that requires a great deal of work to obtain.

> Having a legendary guild armor set would be fantastic! Making it equivalently hard to obtain as other legendary armors, such as needing a very high number of Guild Commendations, would help promote players to join guilds and participate in guild missions too. Unfortunately, ANet has basically abandoned making any further guild updates...which is bizarre considering it's the first word in the title of the game.

>

Maybe we should petition for more guild related stuff.

Just thinking about missions etc I can't recall a single one that exists in any of the HoT, PoF or living world maps..

Are there any?

Talk about a missed opportunity if there isnt.

At least alliances are on the table these days but still, more guild stuff should always be a focus on some level for Guildwars lol

> @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > @"Kalendraf.9521" said:

> > > @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > > On my main Ranger i've been sporting the Ornate Guild armor (with human Falconer mask) since the day I finally crafted it.

> > > But i've always been somewhat disappointed that there isn't a ridiculously more expensive elite version of it that I could persue.

> > > It wouldn't need to be legendary or ascended. (although having a ** legendary guild armor set** would be cool)

> > > Mearly just a skin that requires a great deal of work to obtain.

> > Having a legendary guild armor set would be fantastic! Making it equivalently hard to obtain as other legendary armors, such as needing a very high number of Guild Commendations, would help promote players to join guilds and participate in guild missions too. Unfortunately, ANet has basically abandoned making any further guild updates...which is bizarre considering it's the first word in the title of the game.

> >

>

> Maybe we should petition for more guild related stuff.

> Just thinking about missions etc I can't recall a single one that exists in any of the HoT, PoF or living world maps..

> Are there any?

> Talk about a missed opportunity if there isnt.

> At least alliances are on the table these days but still, more guild stuff should always be a focus on some level for Guildwars lol

Yea it was asked when hot released if we would get any guildmissions for those maps they were looking forward to what they would do then nothing happened

> @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > @"Kalendraf.9521" said:

> > > @"Teratus.2859" said:

> > > On my main Ranger i've been sporting the Ornate Guild armor (with human Falconer mask) since the day I finally crafted it.

> > > But i've always been somewhat disappointed that there isn't a ridiculously more expensive elite version of it that I could persue.

> > > It wouldn't need to be legendary or ascended. (although having a ** legendary guild armor set** would be cool)

> > > Mearly just a skin that requires a great deal of work to obtain.

> > Having a legendary guild armor set would be fantastic! Making it equivalently hard to obtain as other legendary armors, such as needing a very high number of Guild Commendations, would help promote players to join guilds and participate in guild missions too. Unfortunately, ANet has basically abandoned making any further guild updates...which is bizarre considering it's the first word in the title of the game.

> >

>

> Maybe we should petition for more guild related stuff.

> Just thinking about missions etc I can't recall a single one that exists in any of the HoT, PoF or living world maps..

> Are there any?

> Talk about a missed opportunity if there isnt.

> At least alliances are on the table these days but still, more guild stuff should always be a focus on some level for Guildwars lol

The primary guild-related updates we've gotten in the expansions are the Guild Halls. They also added several guild recipes for armor, weapons, inscriptions and insignias that use Crystalline Ore, which seems to be a huge mistake at this point. Crystalline Ore is a relatively scarce resource, but it requires thousands of ore to unlock all the skins, and outside of once or twice a month when you can buy a max of 3 per day using guild commendations, they can only be obtained in HoT. Thus, the main set of unique guild skins is exclusive to those guild members that own HoT, and on top of that those players need to grind a single map (DS) over and over to get the ore. For fairness to PoF-only players, ANet should either revise the current guild recipes to remove crystalline ore as a requirement, or make equivalent recipes using a PoF material to obtain them.

Thus far, all the guild missions are restricted to the Tyria maps, but that does allow missions to be accessible to all players, regardless of which expansions they own or LS chapters they have unlocked.

You will have to grind out your play time in desert maps. They are trying to get more people to play them. It's been a year now and a lot of people finish their chieves, get what they want and bail back to HoT maps. WHen HoT came out 6 months in tons of people were still playing HoT maps. At least they made Istan. They need do make more with desert maps that keep our interest. The core 5 PoF maps are too easy, play once and done. You watch, more people will be playing in desert maps after this.

We don't know yet and how should we.

I'm expecting something similar to how [Elonian Armor](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Elonian_armor "Elonian Armor") can be upgraded(the wiki uses this term as well) to [spearmarshal's Armor](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Spearmarshal%27s_armor "Spearmarshal's Armor"). I speculate that the armor will have 3 tiers and upgrading the items will move them up a tier of rarity as well adding stats and in the end infusion slots as the armors go from rare to exotic and from exotic to ascended.

I doubt the armor will be upgradeable to legendary at first, depending on how hard the community whines for it Anet might revisit this decision, making it possible to upgrade to legendary and giving the communty more reason to whine when the skins don't appeal to everyone.

Also, I expect this to be a major money/material sink for all the useless and dirt cheap PoF materials that clutter the TP so don't expect it to be easy or cheap in any way shape or form.

The worst thing is, since the preview video showing the trailer for "a star to guide us", the item I got most excited about is the upgradeable armor.

Ironically, it's the thing we've had the least further information on.

They've released more information on the new raid, they've released more information on the new sceptre, they've released more information on suns refuge, but the upgradable armor- nothing. :(

This was one thing I got excited about, even if it is perhaps just new armor skins. Everyone wants more armor skins. We spend alot of time making our characters unique, and look at the players beside you in LA, they do pretty much all look abit different in gw2! Thats great!

If you look at the typical "this-years-released overhyped MMO" games, you will quickly see why alot of ppl lose interest fast, they don't seem to be unique in any way, they look like carbon copies of every other player standing beside themself. I can imagine that any competing MMO, hates it that Anet has a world with so many skins (lol), they cant easily compete on that level.

Sadly, skins require alot of work, but almost every regular gw2 player appretiates new skins!

I very much doubt these will upgrade to legendary. I'm sure that's coming but will probably be a key selling point of a future expansion rather than part of an LS episode. I also doubt that the armour will have any special functionality, the upgrades will be the skins.

Either way, we only have about 24 hours to go before we find out.?

I expect there will be just a single skin with no variations between upgrade levels, and the actual upgrade will simply be advancing it's quality from a starting point equivalent of a lower rarity armor [Fine, Masterwork, Rare, Exotic] up to an Ascended equivalent. This could be done via collections, crafting, MF or a combination of those.

This still gives us 3 new skins overall (1 for each weight), plus an alternate way to obtain a set of Ascended armor. I'm not expecting anything beyond that, but I will pleasantly surprised if it does come with different cosmetic variations at each the various upgrade levels.

> @"LucianDK.8615" said:

> Personally I dont expect anymore than cosmetic upgrades. We most asurely wont be getting an easy legendary armor, or the raiders would open a new salt mine.

They will be salty anyway once the novelty of new content runs out.

I think it's non-raid pve legendary armor. Screens look very close to raid precursor sets in terms of "somethin is missing here".

> @"Cynder.2509" said:

> My suggestion: You'll unlock the first batch with the story (as stated in the trailer) and the rest is obtainable through the new raid wing :/

> The armor looks just too much of a legendary to me so I guess it's tied to Mythwright Gambit in the end

ley line set looks better than these, just sayin