I'd prefer Character Customization to Mount Skins

Chasind.3128

So, another patch and guess what? We have more mount skins! which is great honestly, I don't buy them or support the addition of reskins or something that looks to be of not much effort.

What I will support and throw my money at are additions and improvements to character customization!

I'd like to see Guild Wars 1 hairstyles added to GW2 for humans

More and better menacing Charr Faces

Add NPC faces to characters. There's really no reason at this point to keep them away from players, especially if the NPC's look better than the player

No more wild Hairstyles for charr- no anime inspired hairstyles

Curly Hair

Scars

Long braids for men

No lazily painted facial hair, give us actual beards

More tattoos for all races, even Charr

More ear types for Asura

Makeup options for all races

Longer hair

More body types (that's a little more difficult because of armor models etc.)

Two-different eye color settings

> @"phs.6089" said:

> > @"Chasind.3128" said:

> >no anime inspired hairstyles

>

> why no anime inspired? Why?

>

> ![](https://img00.deviantart.net/1cd7/i/2017/013/6/1/chibi_rin_rem_by_zeneria29-dav8l1a.png "")

...kill it with fire. O_O

Please, ArenaNet - many people have been asking for more character customization options for a long time now. Throw us a bone, please...? :)

> @"Batel.9206" said:

> > @"phs.6089" said:

> > > @"Chasind.3128" said:

> > >no anime inspired hairstyles

> >

> > why no anime inspired? Why?

> >

> > ![](https://img00.deviantart.net/1cd7/i/2017/013/6/1/chibi_rin_rem_by_zeneria29-dav8l1a.png "")

>

> ...kill it with fire. O_O

>

> Please, ArenaNet - many people have been asking for more character customization options for a long time now. Throw us a bone, please...? :)

Well humans did get stuff with pof, even sylvari dident get any hairstyles or face changes with hot.

Time for some of the other races to get some love.

> @"Linken.6345" said:

> > @"Batel.9206" said:

> > > @"phs.6089" said:

> > > > @"Chasind.3128" said:

> > > >no anime inspired hairstyles

> > >

> > > why no anime inspired? Why?

> > >

> > > ![](https://img00.deviantart.net/1cd7/i/2017/013/6/1/chibi_rin_rem_by_zeneria29-dav8l1a.png "")

> >

> > ...kill it with fire. O_O

> >

> > Please, ArenaNet - many people have been asking for more character customization options for a long time now. Throw us a bone, please...? :)

>

> Well humans did get stuff with pof, even sylvari dident get any hairstyles or face changes with hot.

> Time for some of the other races to get some love.

Im kinda surprised at the lack of new faces and hair styles honestly, and sad, one big release once a year would be so nice ;-;

> @"Pifil.5193" said:

> Next release: a box containing 5 new hairstyles (one per race) for 1600 gems.

I don't see anything wrong with charging to unlock more styles. That's the entire concept behind the gem shop. Be interesting if they had the tech to allow a double-tier system:

* Anyone can use the hair style or total makeover kits

* For x gems, you can _permanently_ unlock additional, exclusive hair, eye, face options.

* For y gems, you can also unlock additional options, _also permanently_.

_edit: clarification: those unlocks would be permanent for the account, not per kit_

> @"phs.6089" said:

> > @"Chasind.3128" said:

> >no anime inspired hairstyles

>

> why no anime inspired? Why?

>

> ![](https://img00.deviantart.net/1cd7/i/2017/013/6/1/chibi_rin_rem_by_zeneria29-dav8l1a.png "")

>

>

>

>

Bc they look [terrible](https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--J9A7NAfr--/c_scale,f_auto,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800/qurb6rrbar78ianbugfd.jpg "terrible"). Asian inspired hairstyles are 100% okay bc cantha- anime ones no

> @"Chasind.3128" said:

> > @"phs.6089" said:

> > > @"Chasind.3128" said:

> > >no anime inspired hairstyles

> >

> > why no anime inspired? Why?

> >

> > ![](https://img00.deviantart.net/1cd7/i/2017/013/6/1/chibi_rin_rem_by_zeneria29-dav8l1a.png "")

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

> Bc they look [terrible](https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--J9A7NAfr--/c_scale,f_auto,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800/qurb6rrbar78ianbugfd.jpg "terrible"). Asian inspired hairstyles are 100% okay bc cantha- anime ones no

>

Where did you see Asian hairstyle in anime? O.o

> @"Chasind.3128" said:

> So, another patch and guess what? We have more mount skins! which is great honestly, I don't buy them or support the addition of reskins or something that looks to be of not much effort.

> What I will support and throw my money at are additions and improvements to character customization!

>

> I'd like to see Guild Wars 1 hairstyles added to GW2 for humans

Sure

> More and better menacing Charr Faces

More horns, first, please

> Add NPC faces to characters. There's really no reason at this point to keep them away from players, especially if the NPC's look better than the player

No, important NPCs need to have something unique.

> No more wild Hairstyles for charr- no anime inspired hairstyles

True

> Curly Hair

Seems like an addendum to what you already said

> Scars

There’s a few faces with scars already, they’d have to rework those

> Long braids for men

We have two for human men, and some more for norn

> No lazily painted facial hair, give us actual beards

No qualms there, more beards are good

> More tattoos for all races, even Charr

Humans could sure use sone

> More ear types for Asura

True

> Makeup options for all races

Probably not worth the effort

> Longer hair

As opposed to?

> More body types (that's a little more difficult because of armor models etc.)

> Two-different eye color settings

>

Honestly I'm more excited by new mount skins than new hair, eye, horn etc. options, maybe because I can freely swap between several different mount skins whereas when new hairstyles come out I can pick just one to use _or_ the one I've got now and then that's it, unless I pay again to change it.

I do have a total makeover kit from a black lion chest sat in my bank because I don't have a use for it yet, but I'm not in any hurry to use it up.

I might be more interested in hair etc. if it worked the way Elder Scrolls Online does it. In that game hair styles and other character customisation is like outfits - buying it unlocks it for your account and then any compatible character can switch between the new style and their default (or any others you've unlocked) whenever you want. But that seems unlikely because it would make the permanent hairstylist completely useless.

Not accounting for the solo Human and Charr appearance updates, it's been over 2 years since the last hair update and 3 years (4 in March) since the last face update. I personally find Sylvari are in most need of an update, aside from being biased as a salad main, it's worth noting that whenever we just get new Accessory colors, Sylvari don't get anything, because they don't have accessories. New skin/glow colors would be awesome too, and maybe some orange hair colors that don't fade into green on Sylvari.

I'd love to use Trahearne's face and some other new faces, luminiscents and hairstyles for sylvari (and other races). I don't like to repeat the same face on several characters.

> @"phs.6089" said:

> Seriously Anet, make 'Hair Contract v.2.0' add new things exclusively into it.

> We all understand your time cost moneys and it's business at the end of the day.

^Agree

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > Next release: a box containing 5 new hairstyles (one per race) for 1600 gems.

>

> I don't see anything wrong with charging to unlock more styles. That's the entire concept behind the gem shop. Be interesting if they had the tech to allow a double-tier system:

> * Anyone can use the hair style or total makeover kits

> * For x gems, you can unlock additional, exclusive hair, eye, face options.

> * For y gems, you can also unlock additional options.

^I also agree with this

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> I don't see anything wrong with charging to unlock more styles. That's the entire concept behind the gem shop. Be interesting if they had the tech to allow a double-tier system:

> * Anyone can use the hair style or total makeover kits

> * For x gems, you can unlock additional, exclusive hair, eye, face options.

> * For y gems, you can also unlock additional options.

Interesting idea. I could see it work.

You do know, though, that should ANet go this route people will complain that the cost is too high and they should get them for free (like everything else they complain about and want for free).