• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Steve The Cynic.3217" said:

> > @"Tyger.1637" said:

> > In the personal story...

> >

> > "Quay".... IT'S PRONOUNCED 'KEY'

>

> This, in spades! And "Caer" is pronounced (except in GW2) as if it is "kyre", not "cair". And "Niamh" ==> "Neeve", not "Nee-am".

If we're looking at *petty* grievances with GW2, this stumbles onto mine:

GEOR-mag.

Kitten that. Norn are obviously rooted in Norse naming conventions, but that hard J grates on my psyche every time. It's bad enough that was *relieved* when the Deus Ex Machina put Primordus and GEORmag to sleep so we didn't have to fight them.

> @"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:

> People who block me and whisper me, talking kitten while I can't say anything back.

they don't block juts put own status 'offline' , trick is simple send them mail

on the subject it's jumping, more specifically jumping in fractals e.e

> @"Rauderi.8706" said:

> > @"Steve The Cynic.3217" said:

> > > @"Tyger.1637" said:

> > > In the personal story...

> > >

> > > "Quay".... IT'S PRONOUNCED 'KEY'

> >

> > This, in spades! And "Caer" is pronounced (except in GW2) as if it is "kyre", not "cair". And "Niamh" ==> "Neeve", not "Nee-am".

>

> If we're looking at *petty* grievances with GW2, this stumbles onto mine:

>

> GEOR-mag.

>

> Kitten that. Norn are obviously rooted in Norse naming conventions, but that hard J grates on my psyche every time. It's bad enough that was *relieved* when the Deus Ex Machina put Primordus and GEORmag to sleep so we didn't have to fight them.

Not to mention Jora / Geora (properly "Yora") from GW1/EotN, whose name crops up in GW2 audio a few times.

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> trash/wildlife mobs being more "challenging" than dragon minions. Give me a pack of Iboga, Elonian Harpies or Jacaranda and Ill conquer the world

I've got the hang of slapping around single Jacs(1) (groups are kinda rare), and groups of Iboga, but Elonian Harpies are another story.

(1) Aside from their habit of hiding in plain sight.

> @"Linebreaker.7904" said:

> And while we are on the subject of autotarget, please target the mob in front of me, not the thing I ran past 10 seconds ago, or the thing I can't even see on screen.

Just wait until you give SWTOR a try, and end up in Knights of the Eternal Throne Chapter VIII. The entire time you're moving through the map, you'll find your character involuntarily targeting friendly mobs. *That* is annoying.

> @"Teratus.2859" said:

> I hate CC spam, nothing infuriates me more than being knocked around multiple times while being powerles to do anything about it thanks to there being more CC than it's possible to defend against.

>

> Other than that.. DPS elitist behavior really grinds my gears lol

Yeah. That gets insane at times - was in that Glint's Legacy in Crystal Oasis (I think it was there this happened) - and got bounced around like pinball.

Also, I don't want to redo a Living Story, but it keeps prompting me to do so like a nagging spouse at the top right of my UI.

> @"Firebird Gomer.9563" said:

> Too many Currency types and no way to exchange them to something else when you have everything you need. I would like to see a Currency Converter so you can purchase something you need vs something you can't spend....

I agree with this, but I wouldn't classify it as a mere "petty" grievance. Currency bloat is a huge problem in this game, and it only continues to get worse with each new LS chapter or expansion. Although a currency converter would definitely help (and is something I've suggested previously), it would essentially just be a band-aid fix for much bigger underlying problem.

> @"Firebird Gomer.9563" said:

> Too many Currency types and no way to exchange them to something else when you have everything you need. I would like to see a Currency Converter so you can purchase something you need vs something you can't spend....

TOO MANY CURRENCIES PERIOD!

Everything should be or convert to GOLD or KARMA! DONE!

> @"Teratus.2859" said:

> I hate CC spam, nothing infuriates me more than being knocked around multiple times while being powerles to do anything about it thanks to there being more CC than it's possible to defend against.

omg i hate this too! especially when there's an aoe coming up on the floor that you just got knocked back/down into.... i dunno how it'll work for PvP in here, but for PvE one thing they could do is look at how FF14 handles CC on players, like whenever you receive any form of CC in that game, the first time it's applied to you by a mob or boss (or iirc by another player in pvp) it hits you for the full duration but each subsequent hit from the same CC will give diminishing returns which will eventually make you immune to it for a few seconds before resetting back to getting hit for full duration again.

ON TOPIC:

i hate how just changing to another non-premium hairstyle or haircolour requires a gemstore item. sure charge us gems for like changing to premium hairstyles/colours or for using a total makeover... but if you just wanted to change your simple haircolour for example, i think it would be better if we were charged gold for minor alterations such as these... would make another good gold sink ingame too

Knockbacks (NPC) which ignore stability.

Lethal Strikes (NPC) which ignore invulnerability.

Receiving a condition stack which is high enough to kill me in a single tick (NPC).

Every mesmer who asks for money/donations. I've never seen a durid charging money for healing and resurrecting people.

Finding AFK farmers.

> @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > @"Bloodgruve.6038" said:

> > Sigils and runes... Give me a kitten way to deal with them clogging up my inventory.. I'll pay you 2000 gems for an item that eats all the blue and green ones.

>

> [umm....](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/59770/runes-and-sigils-becoming-salvagable-plus-revamp#latest "Umm....")

Holy crap, look at that response time! First time posting a grievance ;)

I don't consider my grievances "petty".

So just a very few things that just bother me:

- Engie old kit back-gear still not transformed into regular back-pieces.

- Taimi's head still too big.

- Bomb kit animation.

- Thief's steal mechanic.

- Guild Wars don't having any war between guilds.