Your Unpopular Opinions about something in GW2

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure why I thought this was going to be a thread about small things. Like, "I'm not a fan of the Forest of Nifhel PvP map," or "I don't actually think Skritt are cute." I wasn't expecting several posts from people talking about how much they utterly hate multiple major things about the game (or the entire game itself??).

But eh.

Here's my unpopular opinion: I miss the "play anything" part of Bell Choir. "Play whatever you like!" It was fun and I miss it.

> @"Grimmtooth.4163" said:

> It asked you to state an opinion you have about something in GW2 that the community at large tends to disagree with.

> I have opinions but am not on Reddit for..well..reasons.. so I thought I would start one here.

>

Hmmm...seeing more Rox and Braham moments developing even more further, but who would be interested in that?

(1)

Downed state doesn't add good gameplay in any game mode and should be removed from the game.

Just make it a bit tougher in general to reach zero health, but once you get there move directly to defeated.

(2)

Competitive game modes would be better all round if all forms of stealth were removed.

Lots of ppl posting "unpopular opinions" and getting lots of likes so might as well get one that will get no likes.

Gw2 would be a much better and more succesful game if it was setup as a sub based mmo. Maybe with a cashshop too.

And anotha one, gw2 would be fire if it was more like a gw1.5 (i kinda expect this to not be as unpopular) heres hoping to a possible gw3 being that.

> @"Fallesafe.5932" said:

> > @"Grimmtooth.4163" said:

> > There was an interesting thread on reddit about a week ago.

> > It asked you to state an opinion you have about something in GW2 that the community at large tends to disagree with.

> > I have opinions but am not on Reddit for..well..reasons.. so I thought I would start one here.

> >

> > Too many people copypasta builds off snowcrows without understanding the assumptions they make. They assume you have tons of buffs & healer with you. They then they try to use these glass cannon setups solo in open world then have tons of trouble in areas like Tangled Depths & Lake Doric. Here's a tip buy a couple of extra ascended trinkets in either Solider(Pow) or Dire(Condi) & carry them in your bags. Swap to them in areas you keep getting one-shoted by mobs.

> > Your millage will vary based on profession & build but as a general rule of thumb Snowcrows Undervalue Precision (because of crit cap) & Overvalue Ferocity & Expertise.

> >

>

> 1) The vociferously "casual" community is overwhelmingly driven by resentment and laziness... and is 10x more toxic and repulsive than the raiding/CM-fractal community.

>

> 2) The ability to buy unlimited gold from the gemstore absolutely murdered this game.

>

> 3) The lack of any upgrades to gear (after ascended) makes the game meaningless, incentiveless, and boring after about eight months.

>

> 4) Anet has the resources to give us better content at a faster pace. They'd just rather pocket the money than reinvest it in the game (knowing that they can count on our low expectations and ease of amusement).

>

>

I personally dont agree o the gemstore comment as well being competitive gear wise is rather easy and it sorta cracks down on out the game rmt , but i agree on the other 2.

> @"Fallesafe.5932" said:

> 1) Everyone is obsessed with skins and fashion. But nobody looks good.

>

> 2) Charr is a stupid race that shouldn't exist.

>

> 3) Either make all quest dialogue skippable, or make Taimi and Aurene killable.

Most of the expensive stuff looks terrible, including the majority of legendary weapons. There are much cheaper stuff that looks much better. But people wear the expensive stuff to say basically say: “I am rich you know.” I could not care less. All this tells me is that you enjoy massive grinding.

I think back backs are the worst. There is maybe 2-3 that look nice.

All items should be tradeable at least once.

Shared balance between raids and OW PvE is awful for OW PvE.

Raids should have less exclusives while having higher drop rates for rare items.

People that want more difficult content should use self-imposed restrictions.

Balance is a lie. There is only change.

PvP and WvW should receive more attention(even though I don't play either).

We should have an option to mute "the commander" without muting other characters.

Having two living world seasons without an expansion is dangerous for the future of Gw2.

Sometimes when a dev replies about how much work some features would be to implement, I think that either they are lying or the foundations that they have to work with were designed to be as immutable as possible. There are some cases where I understand the difficulty, but, many, are baffling.

Zhaitan is still alive.

Mordremoth lost because its mind became closer to that of a human's through the link to the sylvari. Effectively, the sylvari made Mordremoth arrogant.

Braham was adopted.

The human gods aren't actual gods.

I hope we never see Joko ever again.

The targeting system isn't that great.

Meta events should have reward tiers based on personal contribution. Eg, if a fight is based around cc, track defiance bar damage and give rewards on an individual basis based on how much defiance damage was done. Make the reward tiers extremely steep. Bronze 2 blues and a green, silver 2 rares and bronze, gold amalgamated gemstones and silver.