NA links are totally unbalanced.

SnowPumpkin.1809

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Limodriver.4106" said:

> funny ppl just keep complaining about BG but they dont realize all BG do is have few ppl running around capping stuff on BL while all the other server ppl just want to AFK EB and SM.

Yeah ofcourse they run around other BL capping stuff because they have the coverage on EB to blob enough so the other two servers are left with no choice but to defend stuff in EBG or risk losing it if attends to BL. Hey if we had that many people, we'd do it too.

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

>

> Two weeks.. out of over 2 years of links. BG has had a link for a total of 10 weeks. The first linked period and the last two weeks. Deep breath. It’s OK. The world isn’t gonna end.

>

> In 6 weeks ET will become a host for 8 weeks until this group bandwagons elsewhere.

>

> People are only this salty because BG.

>

> People were quiet when it happened with Kaineng, with SoR, and to a lesser extent AR.

>

> But hey, the last 16 weeks didn’t show that at all..,

Sorry to burst anyone's bubble thinking of moving to ET, but i think i saw VR has moved to FC linked to YB.

But i don't think VR takes pug with them when they attack a keep or tower, they just too large a group.

There is definitely a problem. I know about the previous bandwagon juggernauts, but I don't really know whether or not there was some semblance of competition those weeks on T1, someone else will have to answer that. For my part I can only answer about the last two weeks.

BG has won every single skirmish except for ONE the past two weeks, and during that one skirmish we had a truce with YB's commander to doubleteam BG everywhere because we were both so sick of being trained down every single place we went. Usually their PPT is DOUBLE the other two servers. They held T3 keeps and towers on both enemy BLs, their entire BL T3, and SMC T3 almost the entire time. They have the numbers to respond to any and every attack with force any time of day. To the people claiming they are able to do this with a skeleton crew, I call shenanigans. You can't hold that many objectives without numbers, it's just not possible. Not to mention I have played throughout the day and been blobbed down in many failed assaults during all the coverage zones. You simply can't take something from them that they don't want to let you have.

Yeah, maybe some people are a bit upset that it's BG specifically, but I think more people are just frustrated because 1. how did ANet not know this would happen given BG's rep as a WvW server? And 2. it's just not fun to play against this. It's basically a 1v1 for red and blue, and whichever side BG chooses not to focus will get stuck playing in T1 for another week. Other servers don't want to be there, they try to tank to get out. I seriously don't know how anyone on BG finds this fun, it seems like it would be boring but 6 years of WvW has emphatically proven me to be in the minority on this point.

And that's basically the key - the top tier of competition is utterly, completely boring. You can't roam and find smallscale stuff, if you have a little group fighting on an objective somewhere their numbers multiply and the fun's over, you can't hit anything and have a reasonable chance to take it, so the die-hards just bunker their back towers in ebg and wait for the blob to come or not. It's not healthy for the game. Probably ANet doesn't have any short-term answer that wouldn't cause additional problems so they're banking on alliances. All I can say is, the sooner the better.

> @"Kunzaito.8169" said:

> There is definitely a problem. I know about the previous bandwagon juggernauts, but I don't really know whether or not there was some semblance of competition those weeks on T1, someone else will have to answer that. For my part I can only answer about the last two weeks.

>

> BG has won every single skirmish except for ONE the past two weeks, and during that one skirmish we had a truce with YB's commander to doubleteam BG everywhere because we were both so sick of being trained down every single place we went. Usually their PPT is DOUBLE the other two servers. They held T3 keeps and towers on both enemy BLs, their entire BL T3, and SMC T3 almost the entire time. They have the numbers to respond to any and every attack with force any time of day. To the people claiming they are able to do this with a skeleton crew, I call shenanigans. You can't hold that many objectives without numbers, it's just not possible. Not to mention I have played throughout the day and been blobbed down in many failed assaults during all the coverage zones. You simply can't take something from them that they don't want to let you have.

>

> Yeah, maybe some people are a bit upset that it's BG specifically, but I think more people are just frustrated because 1. how did ANet not know this would happen given BG's rep as a WvW server? And 2. it's just not fun to play against this. It's basically a 1v1 for red and blue, and whichever side BG chooses not to focus will get stuck playing in T1 for another week. Other servers don't want to be there, they try to tank to get out. I seriously don't know how anyone on BG finds this fun, it seems like it would be boring but 6 years of WvW has emphatically proven me to be in the minority on this point.

>

> And that's basically the key - the top tier of competition is utterly, completely boring. You can't roam and find smallscale stuff, if you have a little group fighting on an objective somewhere their numbers multiply and the fun's over, you can't hit anything and have a reasonable chance to take it, so the die-hards just bunker their back towers in ebg and wait for the blob to come or not. It's not healthy for the game. Probably ANet doesn't have any short-term answer that wouldn't cause additional problems so they're banking on alliances. All I can say is, the sooner the better.

Really ...i found lots of fun with Bg ..at least not endless doors and NPC .The game isnt balanced never will be,whatever strange system introduce .Personally alliances sounds like the prelude to boredom to me .So they have numbers they win so what ? ..someone has too..You die so what its painless and back is easy .They are a magnet for some again so what dont appeal to me ..These last weeks with BG have been fun end of story .And yes on TC always have never changed server.and found lots to do from blobby to roaming these last weeks.

> @"Kunzaito.8169" said:

> And that's basically the key - the top tier of competition is utterly, completely boring. You can't roam and find smallscale stuff, if you have a little group fighting on an objective somewhere their numbers multiply and the fun's over, you can't hit anything and have a reasonable chance to take it, so the die-hards just bunker their back towers in ebg and wait for the blob to come or not. It's not healthy for the game. Probably ANet doesn't have any short-term answer that wouldn't cause additional problems so they're banking on alliances. All I can say is, the sooner the better.

Alliances are not some magical panacea, in one of their latest updates the dev said they won't balance timezones, at least initially. This is something that people have rightfully complained about since day 1 of launch. We're 6 years in and no attempts have been made to solve it yet.

P.S. the game is not healthy for the game. There's a reason why ANet themselves stated that less people played wvw after every single tournament.

> @"Jeknar.6184" said:

> > @"hunkamania.7561" said:

> > Overflow is the only real way to balance the game 24/7 and have a steady group of people on every realm. Servers and alliances just won't cut it. Not many other options.

>

> But isn't that what EotM is?

no1 plays eotm cause the map is bad and no pips(it's died since pips use to be popping). if they tried the eotm overflow system in wvw for 1 week you'd be surprised of the results and positive feedback but i doubt it ever happens since wvw has 1 poor dev doing everything.

> @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> Eu T1 isnt faring any better,mind you. And people i know either dont play wvw as much as they used to, or quit it. Some also left for other servers. So, its not just NA.

Gets especially worse if you compare higher tier servers to lower tier servers. The population is so hard unbalanced,... You can't get into higher tiers even if you want to, if you don't even get queue on even one map at reset/primetime

> @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> the only way to balance na wvw is to have 3 mega servers, period.

lol... they called that Edge of the Mists. It looked like wvw but wasn't. At best a change like that would send every true wvw player out of that mode permanently. I most definitely would retire before I hit that 4k mark I've been edging closer to since other than a handful of times I didn't play in EOTM.

> @"hunkamania.7561" said:

> > @"Jeknar.6184" said:

> > > @"hunkamania.7561" said:

> > > Overflow is the only real way to balance the game 24/7 and have a steady group of people on every realm. Servers and alliances just won't cut it. Not many other options.

> >

> > But isn't that what EotM is?

>

> no1 plays eotm cause the map is bad and no pips(it's died since pips use to be popping). if they tried the eotm overflow system in wvw for 1 week you'd be surprised of the results and positive feedback but i doubt it ever happens since wvw has 1 poor dev doing everything.

If they tried the eotm overflow system in wvw ever I would stop playing immediately. I'd rather queue than wind up in a different instance than my server mates. eotm2 definitely would not work in any way good to solve the current problems.

> @"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:

> Snip 8<

> Snip 8<

> #T1problems

>

---

Yes, I agree with you...there's problems with T1.

Funny part about this...

What really needs fixing IS our Match-Up model (Fixed 3 Way in Tiers), but folks keep insisting that we need to fix our Team Creation mechanic to make WvW better.

Server Linking showed us how successful having a better Team Creation was at improving WvW.

Opinions vary...so use your own observation to form your own opinion on HOW SUCCESSFUL.

Our current WvW Match-Up model just encourages the 800 pound Gorilla in the Room scenario, but we're ALL hell bent on making sure the we counter this by manually or randomly Re-Creating Teams?

Can we...Change or Replace our current Match-Up design model with something else that can Directly Fix things...so we Can Have Healthy Competitive Weekly Match-Ups instead?

Nobody wants to be stuck Month after Month in a Fixed 3 Way Fight with a 800 pound Gorilla in the Room...unless you're on the Team that's the Gorilla.

Hahaha...MatchUp Snip 8<

Let's just all get along. :)

> @"Balthazzarr.1349" said:

> > @"hunkamania.7561" said:

> > > @"Jeknar.6184" said:

> > > > @"hunkamania.7561" said:

> > > > Overflow is the only real way to balance the game 24/7 and have a steady group of people on every realm. Servers and alliances just won't cut it. Not many other options.

> > >

> > > But isn't that what EotM is?

> >

> > no1 plays eotm cause the map is bad and no pips(it's died since pips use to be popping). if they tried the eotm overflow system in wvw for 1 week you'd be surprised of the results and positive feedback but i doubt it ever happens since wvw has 1 poor dev doing everything.

>

> If they tried the eotm overflow system in wvw ever I would stop playing immediately. I'd rather queue than wind up in a different instance than my server mates. eotm2 definitely would not work in any way good to solve the current problems.

So you'd rather wvw be dead and unbalanced? Fantastic.

> @"hunkamania.7561" said:

> > @"Balthazzarr.1349" said:

> > > @"hunkamania.7561" said:

> > > > @"Jeknar.6184" said:

> > > > > @"hunkamania.7561" said:

> > > > > Overflow is the only real way to balance the game 24/7 and have a steady group of people on every realm. Servers and alliances just won't cut it. Not many other options.

> > > >

> > > > But isn't that what EotM is?

> > >

> > > no1 plays eotm cause the map is bad and no pips(it's died since pips use to be popping). if they tried the eotm overflow system in wvw for 1 week you'd be surprised of the results and positive feedback but i doubt it ever happens since wvw has 1 poor dev doing everything.

> >

> > If they tried the eotm overflow system in wvw ever I would stop playing immediately. I'd rather queue than wind up in a different instance than my server mates. eotm2 definitely would not work in any way good to solve the current problems.

>

> So you'd rather wvw be dead and unbalanced? Fantastic.

There is no balance in eotm. It's not true wvw and doesn't reflect what the whole rvr is all about. Yes, I would stop playing if they turned wvw into megaservers.