What are your guesses for the Legendary Greatsword next Episode?

Blocki.4931

Tooth of Kralkatorik. You know the Jormag tooth in Hoelbrak? Yeah imagine that with a hilt and purple. Monster Hunter style, baby. Purple crystal effects for it's draw animation, aura, projectile, weapon trail and foot falls.

> @"Palador.2170" said:

> Well, the general pattern has been to **alternate between silly and serious**. So, I guess this one should be silly?

>

> Maybe some kind of gigantic, oversized buster sword, with little asuran rocket thrusters on it to help you swing it?

?

Binding of Ipos > Claw of the Khan-Ur > Verdarach > Xiuquatl > Pharaus.

I wouldn't describe any of them as silly, though Verdarach is hilariously large.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"mortrialus.3062" said:

> Tooth of Kralkatorik. You know the Jormag tooth in Hoelbrak? Yeah imagine that with a hilt and purple. Monster Hunter style, baby. Purple crystal effects for it's draw animation, aura, projectile, weapon trail and foot falls.

>

> > @"Palador.2170" said:

> > Well, the general pattern has been to **alternate between silly and serious**. So, I guess this one should be silly?

> >

> > Maybe some kind of gigantic, oversized buster sword, with little asuran rocket thrusters on it to help you swing it?

>

> ?

>

> Binding of Ipos > Claw of the Khan-Ur > Verdarach > Xiuquatl > Pharaus.

>

> I wouldn't describe any of them as silly, though Verdarach is hilariously large.

Definitely expecting something related to Kralk. Though the foreshadowing in Requiem implies that Sohothin is a possible contender. Or some merging of that plus Magdeer or whatever.

I'm sticking with it being called Destiny's Edge though. lol Maybe it will be a giant purple Soul Caliber -esque sword that's a giant purple crystal/shard of Kralk. And in the center of the crystal you'll see Kralk's eye peering out at you and looking in all directions Lord of the Rings style.

Hoping it will be pretty cool though. Seems like they've intentionally saved it for last. And everyone has different tastes, but it's hard to beat the original legendary greatswords. So whatever the design is I'd expect it to be pretty over the top to compete.

> @"mortrialus.3062" said:

> Tooth of Kralkatorik. You know the Jormag tooth in Hoelbrak? Yeah imagine that with a hilt and purple. Monster Hunter style, baby. Purple crystal effects for it's draw animation, aura, projectile, weapon trail and foot falls.

>

> > @"Palador.2170" said:

> > Well, the general pattern has been to **alternate between silly and serious**. So, I guess this one should be silly?

> >

> > Maybe some kind of gigantic, oversized buster sword, with little asuran rocket thrusters on it to help you swing it?

>

> ?

>

> Binding of Ipos > Claw of the Khan-Ur > Verdarach > Xiuquatl > Pharaus.

>

> I wouldn't describe any of them as silly, though Verdarach is hilariously large.

The pattern is generally relative to the G1 Legendary counterparts not between the same ones.

The only one that really bucks that trend is Claw instead of Incinerator and even then Claw is more practical than Incin is.

> @"TexZero.7910" said:

> > @"mortrialus.3062" said:

> > Tooth of Kralkatorik. You know the Jormag tooth in Hoelbrak? Yeah imagine that with a hilt and purple. Monster Hunter style, baby. Purple crystal effects for it's draw animation, aura, projectile, weapon trail and foot falls.

> >

> > > @"Palador.2170" said:

> > > Well, the general pattern has been to **alternate between silly and serious**. So, I guess this one should be silly?

> > >

> > > Maybe some kind of gigantic, oversized buster sword, with little asuran rocket thrusters on it to help you swing it?

> >

> > ?

> >

> > Binding of Ipos > Claw of the Khan-Ur > Verdarach > Xiuquatl > Pharaus.

> >

> > I wouldn't describe any of them as silly, though Verdarach is hilariously large.

>

> The pattern is generally relative to the G1 Legendary counterparts not between the same ones.

>

> The only one that really bucks that trend is Claw instead of Incinerator and even then Claw is more practical than Incin is.

Shining Blade, Verdarach, Flames of War, Pharus, Astralaria, Nevermore, aren't "silly" either (Though lots of people hate FoW) either and neither are their gen 1 counter parts.

Some kind of water sword. I would say called "The Maelstrom" if that hadn't already been used in game on a rather unimpressive trident skin :/

Waves crash up and down the weapon while in use, spraying foam. Draw effect is a large water vortex surrounding the player. Footfalls are mini crashing waves.

Possible lore reason (includes recent Living Story spoiler):

>! Kralkatorrik survived the recent encounter with the Commander, but was severely wounded. With his energy greatly reduced, he has joined Primordus and Jormag and returned to a dormant state to recover.

>! A certain Deep Sea Dragon senses the power vacuum left in Tyria, is tired of being called "the other one", and decides it's time to remind everyone what his actual name is. The next Living Story episode ends with the Commander discovering this, leading on to the next Living Story instalment with a new dragon emerging.

> @"Dami.5046" said:

> They should of done a competition, and let the community show them what they would like since the last bow (which I have) was so hated. But maybe also the story behind it and it's place in the lore.

The weapons were already finished a long time ago, no real spot for a competition.

> @"PlagueParade.7942" said:

> I also hope it won't be themed to the episode either. I would have liked to have seen an asuran tech greatsword with a beam of light within changing colors and the footfalls being different colored strobe ligths that radiate out in a circle. And when you swing it each swipe (sort of like sunrise/twilight) is displays a different color. But this is a very silly idea.

>

I didn't know I wanted this til I read your post. Now I NEED THIS.

> @"Palador.2170" said:

> Well, the general pattern has been to alternate between silly and serious. So, I guess this one should be silly?

>

> Maybe some kind of gigantic, oversized buster sword, with little asuran rocket thrusters on it to help you swing it?

We already got 3 silly Greatswords.

Time for a serious one.

To the Topic:

A Aurene theme/crystal sword probably.

Not what i want but my guess.

> @"phs.6089" said:

> ![](https://i.imgur.com/S3RBpPY.gif"")

>

> prolly this with steaming effect.

I am afraid that it will be something over-the-top like that (at least the size will certainly fit :/ ), or something "sci-fi" looking like Pharus (also not very desireable).

> I kid, I kid.

No, you don't. You nailed the general weapon design policy of the past two and a half years.

There's 3 main kinds of legendary weapons. And weapons can be of more than 1 of these at the same time, but they will always have a 'main' type that is more prominent than the rest.

* Lore-based. These are replicas of ancient weapons or weapons inspired in or related to lore elements like events, people or places such as ancient Orr, the Krait, the Shining Blade, etc.

* Elemental. These are based on simple and basic abstract themes like "Fire", "Darkness", "Chaos", "Light", "Corruption", "Demonic", "Celestial", "Nature", "Sky", etc.

* Silly. These are based on fun silly concepts like "Firing confetti" , "firing unicorns", "A disco ball", "a quagan in a bowl", "holding a boat and firing cannonball", etc.

The Gen 1 greatswords were 'elemental': "Shadow/Dark" and "Light/Holy" being the elements.

That means the Gen 2 one will be either lore-based or silly.

I would be interesting if it was a combination of Magdaer and Sohothin, reforged into one weapon.

I think it will be called the Timewarp. Only one person per server can craft it. It will be shard based and when unsheathed will force all characters within 1200ft to perform the full RHP timewarp dance, then gives stage 4 terminal eye cancer to all players still alive. Owner will receive special glasses from Arenanet to block lighting effects and vouchers for 2 free psychiatric sessions.

Or the boat oar works too.

> @"Blocki.4931" said:

> I've seen comments (especially after Rytlock's short story) that we might get a Sohothin + Magdaer double legendary, which we will be able to combine into a "Destiny's Edge", which sounds so over the top that it quickly became one of my favorite ideas as well.

No. They combine to make Fate's Razor.

> @"Ghostrider.6879" said:

> ![](https://imgur.com/ssmdwTM.gif "")

> You know it's name. I was surprised that the game didn't have a version of it already since it already got Mjölnir and Gungnir.

both of them are from nordic mythology, that one is from english legends. (and if you look at the non-anime version A.K.A the legendary accurate one, it's quite a boring looking sword)

> @"Swagger.1459" said:

> I’m feeling that it will be a greatsword that you can combine with Eternity to make another greatsword.

I think I wouldn't mind this. Hey, we always need new projects to help us keep interested. :D I hope it's something that's not close to skins already like fire, cold etc. I doubt it will beat Eternity and the whole other world theme but if it does I will make one. I also hope it looks good sheathed and not "contracted" like they are doing with many weapons now.