Anet just tell us what to expect please

InvaGir.9158

For unknown reasons. Really? Unknown? Can't even fathom a reason why the employees over at Anet weren't thinking about putting themselves out there on a stream today? Like, no reason at all?

I think its safe to say that its the employees over there that have more cause to worry than any of us that are feeling any trepidation about a game and a new feature they have set to launch.

> @"PookieDaWombat.6209" said:

> For unknown reasons. Really? Unknown? Can't even fathom a reason why the employees over at Anet weren't thinking about putting themselves out there on a stream today? Like, no reason at all?

>

> I think its safe to say that its the employees over there that have more cause to worry than any of us that are feeling any trepidation about a game and a new feature they have set to launch.

We don't know the reasons and as far as we know the employees that got layoff had nothing to do with GW2 and they were working on side projects

We deserve an update as loyal members of this community and customers.

It shouldn't take more than 10 minutes to give us an update on what is going to happen next week

We don't need a stream only a post and we are not asking for too much here.....

> @"InvaGir.9158" said:

> > @"PookieDaWombat.6209" said:

> > For unknown reasons. Really? Unknown? Can't even fathom a reason why the employees over at Anet weren't thinking about putting themselves out there on a stream today? Like, no reason at all?

> >

> > I think its safe to say that its the employees over there that have more cause to worry than any of us that are feeling any trepidation about a game and a new feature they have set to launch.

>

> We don't know the reasons and as far as we know the employees that got layoff had nothing to do with GW2 and they were working on side projects

> We deserve an update as loyal members of this community and customers.

>

> It shouldn't take more than 10 minutes to give us an update on what is going to happen next week

> We don't need a stream only a post and we are not asking for too much here.....

They've gone into the weekend with either their jobs at risk or knowing that colleagues jobs are at risk. Info on a patch is really not a priority.

> @"PookieDaWombat.6209" said:

> For unknown reasons. Really? Unknown? Can't even fathom a reason why the employees over at Anet weren't thinking about putting themselves out there on a stream today? Like, no reason at all?

>

> I think its safe to say that its the employees over there that have more cause to worry than any of us that are feeling any trepidation about a game and a new feature they have set to launch.

when someone at your place of work is fired, do you stop working too? How long do you plan to keep your job if that's the case?

> @"Kaiser.9873" said:

> I agree the news would have me on my tiptoes at work if there were news of layoffs. However, I would make sure I was doing the absolute best, most thorough job I could do to, hopefully, make sure it wasn't me.

With no guarantees of pay most normal people wouldn't work for free. While it is claimed those laid off get a 2 months severance package that remains to be seen. When it comes to money issue sometimes it isn't job performance but how much you might cost the company. Besides, what message would players expect from ANET? It appears most didn't even learn about it until after an [outside article](https://kotaku.com/guild-wars-2-developer-arenanet-plans-for-mass-layoffs-1832799804 "outside article") was posted. Surely they are a bit busy getting their things in order. It should also be noted NCsoft is playing a heavier hand rather than all responsibility lying on ANET.

D:

> @"InvaGir.9158" said:

> I hope I could but I'm worried and I was hoping the stream could calm me by providing crucial information so I could prepare myself

Consider that you are worried about your hobby, while the people who would be present in the stream might be worried about their jobs. They too would like to prepare for what's coming; you might want to give them a chance to do so.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @"InvaGir.9158" said:

> > I hope I could but I'm worried and I was hoping the stream could calm me by providing crucial information so I could prepare myself

>

> Consider that you are worried about your hobby, while the people who would be present in the stream might be worried about their jobs. They too would like to prepare for what's coming; you might want to give them a chance to do so.

Read my former comments please I'm not repeating myself

Also read the whole article next time before posting your comments...

> @"InvaGir.9158" said:

> > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > @"InvaGir.9158" said:

> > > I hope I could but I'm worried and I was hoping the stream could calm me by providing crucial information so I could prepare myself

> >

> > Consider that you are worried about your hobby, while the people who would be present in the stream might be worried about their jobs. They too would like to prepare for what's coming; you might want to give them a chance to do so.

>

> Read my former comments please I'm not repeating myself

> Also read the whole article next time before posting your comments...

I read this in the originating post:

> Stop making us worry and just give us an update please =\

If that doesn't reflect your current views, then please edit it accordingly.

> @"InvaGir.9158" said:

> > > I hope I could but I'm worried and I was hoping the stream could calm me by providing crucial information so I could prepare myself

> >

> > Consider that you are worried about your hobby, while the people who would be present in the stream might be worried about their jobs. They too would like to prepare for what's coming; you might want to give them a chance to do so.

>

> Read my former comments please I'm not repeating myself

> Also read the whole article next time before posting your comments...

I feel that some patience would be best for everyone, including yourself.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @"InvaGir.9158" said:

> > I hope I could but I'm worried and I was hoping the stream could calm me by providing crucial information so I could prepare myself

>

> Consider that you are worried about your hobby, while the people who would be present in the stream might be worried about their jobs. They too would like to prepare for what's coming; you might want to give them a chance to do so.

For the time being, it is STILL THEIR JOB.

> @"RubberDougie.2750" said:

> >

>

> For the time being, it is STILL THEIR JOB.

The game is still running and will continue to be developed...

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/69249/update-from-arenanet

There are a lot of moving parts behind the scenes, especially given the news, so y’all need to chill. And any communications need to be approved first. It’s not like a dev can just dump all sorts of info on the forums.

> @"InvaGir.9158" said:

> Since the stream was cancled for unknown reasons some of us are still worried and we really wanted to know what to expect for next week

>

> Stop making us worry and just give us an update please =\

> No need for 2 hours stream just 1 annoument

there is this thing called a dev tracker on the main forum page that you can use to stalk and harass them, well thats what other people use it for anyhow. Thats the latest post telling you everything you want to hear,

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/69249/update-from-arenanet

>! even if it is a lie.

> @"RisenHowl.2419" said:

> > For unknown reasons. Really? Unknown? Can't even fathom a reason why the employees over at Anet weren't thinking about putting themselves out there on a stream today? Like, no reason at all?

> >

> > I think its safe to say that its the employees over there that have more cause to worry than any of us that are feeling any trepidation about a game and a new feature they have set to launch.

>

> when someone at your place of work is fired, do you stop working too? How long do you plan to keep your job if that's the case?

its mass redundancies. not 1 fired. happened to me a few times -we all go to the pub post announcement to gripe about the selections and poolings for the cuts. it's the norm.

Quite often the managers are there as they'll be job hunting soon aswell,

> @"RisenHowl.2419" said:

> >

>

> when someone at your place of work is fired, do you stop working too? How long do you plan to keep your job if that's the case?

Any evidence that they have stopped working?

Isn't there already more than enough thing to expect? A WvW mount and another train of balance tweeks. What more do you want? ANet telling that the patch will somehow fix all the things players don't like in the game? Whatever they release, players will have to cope with it at release not a few days before. Any communication on content is just biased and misleading promotion anyway, the developpers don't necessarily see things from the same angle than the players.

> @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > @"RisenHowl.2419" said:

> > > @"PookieDaWombat.6209" said:

> > > For unknown reasons. Really? Unknown? Can't even fathom a reason why the employees over at Anet weren't thinking about putting themselves out there on a stream today? Like, no reason at all?

> > >

> > > I think its safe to say that its the employees over there that have more cause to worry than any of us that are feeling any trepidation about a game and a new feature they have set to launch.

> >

> > when someone at your place of work is fired, do you stop working too? How long do you plan to keep your job if that's the case?

>

> Any evidence that they have stopped working?

Wvw stream cancelled, players not informed until 3h after it was scheduled to start. Sound like anyone's working?