[Suggestion] - Player Housing

Here is something for generating more income for the studio.

Player Housing. Something a lot of players has been asking for, since before the game was launched.

It is not game breaking, it is all about what the player buy to install in their home instance. Doesn't need lots of server resources, I would assume, and you can sell unlimited items on the TP to be install in the player's home instance, even an expansion to the map is possible. and the systems of upgrading guild hall can be use for player's home instant as well - available resources.

The first thing for players that come to mind is the Stable "there is also already such things in vabbi -reusable resources". - for screenshot and such. and for FLUFFY FURBALL MOUNT when they are not in their armors.

you can sell stuffs like the Christmas pack. so the home instant can be looking festively cheerful. at different times of the year.

Your ides for generating income for the studio would cost a lot upfront because they're all "do something new"-suggestions. Working and improving stuff that's already in the game to a point where the community is more happy with the direction it's taking would be a more economical approach. But I doubt it's about charity, these threads are about thing YOU want for the game. Nothing bad about that, but please think about it before you say "this will save the farm because everyone will buy it" when that something needs time and ressources to be implemented first.

Housing, it has been said and resaid, discussed again and again. Taking in account the recent events my hopes of seeing it implemented are disapearing.

Guild hall has 0 support, Home instances has 0 support, Sun Refuge is abandonned was a joke.

However, here is my thread:

Can't remember how many threads I made: Add more decorations, allow to decorate home instance, choosing the npc you want, dynamic weather...

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/41657/after-home-instance-players-housing-island

Anet never replied on that topic, I thonk it's not even on the table. Only gemstore count. Through I gave you an helpful.

As long as ArenaNet keeps so secretive about their pipeline, we don't know if this is being considered or in the making.

It has been suggested many times and could be a good sales booster for the gem store. If designed well, it could also be a place to show off our collections, items and achievements and could be a central part of a new expansion. just like how GW: Eye of the North brought us the Hall of Monuments and can be easily monetized via cosmetic sales and luxury services like storage access.

I would say: Shut up and take my money.

They already did that with the refuge. A great idea if it hadn't just been left to rot.

And I have the same feelings for the likes of embark beach in the first game.

At least with housing they might profit from it, Aion was full of people with flashing shiny stuff in their houses.

I thought ANET would of jumped all over player housing 2-3yr ago but maybe the time, resources were not available. I think considering GW2 is a lot about cosmetics this would of been a genuinely creative way to enhance revenue, but for now that will still be nothing more than a missed opportunity.

When the dust settles and things begin to normalise somewhat, perhaps there will be some internal discussions around what can and can't be considered going forward for the game.. who knows we might be pleasantly surprised.

I agree there needs to be some form of a roadmap developed, but now is not the time.

Personally, I'd love this too. As long as they didn't try to make it overly meaningful and just accepted that it's kind of a personal-novelty-in-the-form-of-an-instance that most people would garnish with gems and expensive crafting items (I mean mounting weapon skins to show off would be cool, no?)

I tried BDO for a while and I loved that they had player housing (even wasted a bit of money on it) but the mandatory world-wide PVP issue drove me away from the game entirely. Every other game I've played that had anything similar was just... bad. Having to pay 'rent' with ridiculous amounts of in-game gold to use it as a gold-sink, or making 99% of the furniture cash-shop only... I feel like GW usually has a better balance on these kinds of features than other games, so I'd be optimistic they could come up with something neat.

• 2 months later...

I agree with Scyoni on that. I've played a lot of MMOs and I really enjoy the housing aspect. It's a just a personal-novelty kinda thing that I just adore. I did the same with BDO. I keep going back to Guild Wars 2 because of the better balancing and I really think Guild Wars 2 could do a really good job at it, considering the guild halls are pretty nice. I would love to see a smaller version of that via player housing.

• 2 months later...

Imo, housing makes sense with the grindy, horizonal concept of Guildwars2...if you know what I mean... imo, decorations are nice incentive for RP-story-driven players...what I don't like of Guildwars2 is the lack of moral meter like in SWTOR...It does not make sense at all in a million years to have a necromancer hero that is good... PvP'ers are just happy with Fortnite, I guess or any sportsgame... flashy or balanced colors, crap or nice story, beautiful or ugly artwork, it's all the same for them...That's why ESO PvP is still broken... they just threw them a super-extreme combat system so that PvP'ers can feed their kill-count and ego... at the cost of integrity of the Elder Scrolls franchise and RP in general... omg... ESO is a broken copy of GW2 in some aspects...especially combat system. Community there is so assertive and smug, so uncomfortable to endure for me personally at least...

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > There are many threads that already discuss this topic to death. Please use the forums search function.

>

> Pretty sure that's what the necro'er did.

Which is the wonderful dichotomy we run into here.

‘Use search function’

*uses search function*

‘Stop necroing threads’

**doh**

> @"Blude.6812" said:

> > @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > There are many threads that already discuss this topic to death. Please use the forums search function.

>

> ^THIS---why start another thread on a tired old subject that has been discussed to death.?????

>

They didn't start another thread, they necroe'd a thread on housing and then, well, rambled about unrelated things.

> @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > @"Blude.6812" said:

> > > @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > > There are many threads that already discuss this topic to death. Please use the forums search function.

> >

> > ^THIS---why start another thread on a tired old subject that has been discussed to death.?????

> >

>

> They didn't start another thread, they necroe'd a thread on housing and then, well, rambled about unrelated things.

Thanks, will hit the 'report' button then.

> @"Blude.6812" said:

> > @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > > @"Blude.6812" said:

> > > > @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > > > There are many threads that already discuss this topic to death. Please use the forums search function.

> > >

> > > ^THIS---why start another thread on a tired old subject that has been discussed to death.?????

> > >

> >

> > They didn't start another thread, they necroe'd a thread on housing and then, well, rambled about unrelated things.

>

> Thanks, will hit the 'report' button then.

So,.. you’d complain that they didn’t use the search function, but because they did, you’re gonna report him for necroing???

Some people need to get over themselves..

> @"Blude.6812" said:

> > @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > > @"Blude.6812" said:

> > > > @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > > > There are many threads that already discuss this topic to death. Please use the forums search function.

> > >

> > > ^THIS---why start another thread on a tired old subject that has been discussed to death.?????

> > >

> >

> > They didn't start another thread, they necroe'd a thread on housing and then, well, rambled about unrelated things.

>

> Thanks, will hit the 'report' button then.

I don't think necro'ing old threads is against the rules.... (nor should it be).

> @"Scyoni.9530" said:

> Personally, I'd love this too. As long as they didn't try to make it overly meaningful and just accepted that it's kind of a personal-novelty-in-the-form-of-an-instance that most people would garnish with gems and expensive crafting items (I mean mounting weapon skins to show off would be cool, no?)

Personally would like to see the development time put into things for the current home instances, give us more things we can collect that are both cosmetic and functional. We have gemstore gardens, how about ones we can build and further collect and plant into. Give us ways to build/collect crafting stations. Not that interested in housing, unless they did make it meaningful. Give it function and use and a reason to show off. A lot of people today do that with their home instances and I like how they have let us build into it. Take the zone nodes, chests, black lion chest nodes and gem store items. It's a good blend of things in game and out. If they were to develop housing on top of that would be looking for something similar, I will get hate for this but, to mini-guild halls. You would have things you could buy for them but you would also be growing them overtime. Guild halls were major material syncs but you need that kind of thing in game to keep things from being worthless.

All that said, I could see for many prior posters that a true housing system would be a major feature of an expansion, I would just hope if they do they don't abandon the people that also like the home instances and what we can do their. As far as how they could fit it in, I could see them reserving space in each of the existing home instances that we have now and make space a player could fill in, not sure there would be need to a new place to be created just for it and that would then allow us to keep what we have an expand from there.

Good gaming!

> @"Taygus.4571" said:

> > @"Blude.6812" said:

> > > @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > > > @"Blude.6812" said:

> > > > > @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > > > > There are many threads that already discuss this topic to death. Please use the forums search function.

> > > >

> > > > ^THIS---why start another thread on a tired old subject that has been discussed to death.?????

> > > >

> > >

> > > They didn't start another thread, they necroe'd a thread on housing and then, well, rambled about unrelated things.

> >

> > Thanks, will hit the 'report' button then.

>

> I don't think necro'ing old threads is against the rules.... (nor should it be).

Agreed... IF there is new discussion to be had, or new ideas being introduced. Resurrecting a dead thread just to "+1" is a waste of everyone's time.