Warclaw is cool but...

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Duncanmix.5238" said:

> Why is it so much worse then jackal in PVE? Its slower, it has only 2 leap bars, and its leap is worse then Jackals portal especially uphill.

> I understand logic behind limiting it in WvW, but in PVE it should offer similar speed to Jackal in my opinion.

It's a WvW mount; it's not meant to have any value in PvE other than novelty, electronic preening.

Nah it should satisfy everyone both PvE and WvW. It's not a novelty, it's a mount at least, those endurance bars should add a sprint instead of an useless "jump", I can get the fact of wearing armor, but the speed of a gryphon.... mwelp will not buy skin for a mount I don't like. Why not adding a third endurance bar / jump / sprint and so It can catch the eye of more potential skin buyers? (Hey Pve) I don't get it. See my other comments cf Turning endurance bar into sprint.

> @"hugo.4705" said:

> Nah it should satisfy everyone. And so, the mount should be as fast as the jackal we speak about a feline. It's not a novelty, it's a mount, don't confound them. The only fact why it's called the WvW mount is simply due to the fact that only that mount can be used in WvW. PVE!!!! Should be fast in PvE. And how it is currently in WvW. Those skills are useless in PvE so as compensation, IMO it's the minimum to have a correct speed/jump.

Was stated to be as fast as the griffon land speed in pve, so I dont see a reason to be shocked its not a good speed mount in pve.

> @"hugo.4705" said:

> Nah it should satisfy everyone. And so, the mount should be as fast as the jackal we speak about a feline. It's not a novelty, it's a mount, don't confound them. The only fact why it's called the WvW mount is simply due to the fact that only that mount can be used in WvW. PVE!!!! Should be fast in PvE. And how it is currently in WvW. Those skills are useless in PvE so as compensation, IMO it's the minimum to have a correct speed/jump.

Um, no? It's called a WvW mount because it was specifically made for and designed to be used in WvW, and only WvW. It is a WvW mount that can be used in PvE. This is easy to verify, because no PvE mounts can be used in WvW. Since this one can be used in WvW, it must be a WvW mount specific to the game mode. You require NO compensation. Why should this mount provide you anything that another mount has, that's not how mounts work in this game. If the Jackal can do a thing, why should the Warclaw do it, it's already covered by the Jackal. The Warclaw is not the Jackal, it's the Warclaw, it does what the Warclaw does. Which, in PvE, is basically nothing.

> @"hugo.4705" said:

Ok, satisfy everyone....

Does that mean removing it from the game so that those who didnt want it added are satisfied?

Or do we acknowledge that its not possible to satisfy everyone and let it stand as is. Afterall, if you want a mount as fast as the jackal there is one already in game.

> @"Linken.6345" said:

> > @"hugo.4705" said:

> > Nah it should satisfy everyone. And so, the mount should be as fast as the jackal we speak about a feline. It's not a novelty, it's a mount, don't confound them. The only fact why it's called the WvW mount is simply due to the fact that only that mount can be used in WvW. PVE!!!! Should be fast in PvE. And how it is currently in WvW. Those skills are useless in PvE so as compensation, IMO it's the minimum to have a correct speed/jump.

>

> Was stated to be as fast as the griffon land speed in pve, so I dont see a reason to be shocked its not a good speed mount in pve.

It is as fast as a skimmer which is actually 10% faster than a griffon.

> @"Exalted Quality.8534" said:

> This is why pve players shouldn’t be allowed to suggest things for wvw. Smh. They said this mount is made for wvw and wouldn’t be useful in pve. Why are you surprised?

It doesn't have to be useful in PvE but it would be nice if it wasn't totally useless. Give me a single good reason why it can't have mastery skills and be a little bit faster outside WvW ? "Hurr durr it's WvW mount" is not a good reason.

Anyway, I don't really care much myself, I would probably never use it, even if it was on par with jackal.

> @"DrFox.8091" said:

> Dont worry in 1 year after "balance patch" Jakals in Pve will be as slow as Warclaw, same way for other mounts. Coz you know.. Pve always need nerfs..

I pray for more nerfs like this. My favorite "PvE nerf" would be Anet introducing some mobs with enhanced AI to all 80lv maps, which would change their tactics, adjusting its to yours, have advanced team interactions, healing each other, using CC skils on you and smart positioning/flanking, plus some passive defenses, preventing bursting them quickly. Anet could even increase farming income on such maps again, after that, seems fair enough. It's good to dream..

> @"Critical Lag.9075" said:

> > @"Exalted Quality.8534" said:

> > This is why pve players shouldn’t be allowed to suggest things for wvw. Smh. They said this mount is made for wvw and wouldn’t be useful in pve. Why are you surprised?

>

> It doesn't have to be useful in PvE but it would be nice if it wasn't totally useless. Give me a single good reason why it can't have mastery skills and be a little bit faster outside WvW ? "Hurr durr it's WvW mount" is not a good reason.

>

> Anyway, I don't really care much myself, I would probably never use it, even if it was on par with jackal.

A single good reason?

How about the cost associated with adding such elements. Spending money to add features that cannot be used in the mounts primary intended game mode would be a wasteful diversion of resources.