Roaming with the Warclaw-updating your tactics so you can play the way you enjoy.

Nightshade.2570

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> Please, if roamers are so unhappy with the mount and the game mode, please quit and move to sPvP. I doubt anyone else will notice.

That's what is happening, people are quitting. I roam (core warrior not some elite "ganker" spec) mostly but also play with a guild group. If I quit playing they lose a member (we have already lost a few to this garbage). A guild can only lose so many members before it starts to fall apart. Be careful wishing for people to quit, you might notice it more than you think.

> @"BeepBoopBop.5403" said:

> > @"Justine.6351" said:

> > > @"BeepBoopBop.5403" said:

> > > > @"Kylden Ar.3724" said:

> > > > Ganking.

> > > >

> > > > You're talking about ganking.

> > > >

> > > > Roamers/Havoc actually help take and defend objectives.

> > >

> > > You must be one of those that want PvP fully removed from the game mode.

> > >

> > > Anyone that hits you is a dirty ganker! I spent hours looking up the perfect zerg build and its ruined!!!

> >

> > The op is 100% describing ganking. 2v1 and 3v1 is what "kills" roaming, not warclaw as some like to parakeet.

>

> 2v1 is not even bad odds lmfao. You ever been zerged down before? Where's my anti zerg mount that auto WPs me back to spawn, I just can't handle dying.

>

> Sounds like you prefer dueling and kitten circles, which are ACTUALLY killing roaming **compared to a party of 2 or 3 looking for fights**.

That's what PvP mode is for.

This isn't roaming, it's ganking as described by others. Completely not helpful to the map or the group, but I know they don't care because they are exclusively in it to ambush people who generally wouldn't stand a chance That doesn't really work anymore. They'll have to implement things like the OP is suggesting to be able to continue to try and ambush people. Heaven forbid one would have to adapt other than lingering around in stealth trying to attack lesser numbers looking for easy kills.

I understand; gankers don't like this, it completely eradicates their game play, but it is what it is. This is never going to change for as long as gw2 and WvW remain active. The best possible thing you could hope for a is a future trap that instantly dismounts people. We aren't likely to see this probably for a least a few months.

It's not difficult to dismount a player, take the toughness gear off and put on damage gear. Yes that would mean one is vulnerable, and one has to be very good to be able to back up their ganking, because in 1-3 hits their toast.

> @"DeadlySynz.3471" said:

> > @"BeepBoopBop.5403" said:

> > > @"Justine.6351" said:

> > > > @"BeepBoopBop.5403" said:

> > > > > @"Kylden Ar.3724" said:

> > > > > Ganking.

> > > > >

> > > > > You're talking about ganking.

> > > > >

> > > > > Roamers/Havoc actually help take and defend objectives.

> > > >

> > > > You must be one of those that want PvP fully removed from the game mode.

> > > >

> > > > Anyone that hits you is a dirty ganker! I spent hours looking up the perfect zerg build and its ruined!!!

> > >

> > > The op is 100% describing ganking. 2v1 and 3v1 is what "kills" roaming, not warclaw as some like to parakeet.

> >

> > 2v1 is not even bad odds lmfao. You ever been zerged down before? Where's my anti zerg mount that auto WPs me back to spawn, I just can't handle dying.

> >

> > Sounds like you prefer dueling and kitten circles, which are ACTUALLY killing roaming **compared to a party of 2 or 3 looking for fights**.

>

> That's what PvP mode is for.

>

> This isn't roaming, it's ganking as described by others. Completely not helpful to the map or the group, but I know they don't care because they are exclusively in it to ambush people who generally wouldn't stand a chance That doesn't really work anymore. They'll have to implement things like the OP is suggesting to be able to continue to try and ambush people. Heaven forbid one would have to adapt other than lingering around in stealth trying to attack lesser numbers looking for easy kills.

>

> I understand; gankers don't like this, it completely eradicates their game play, but it is what it is. This is never going to change for as long as gw2 and WvW remain active. The best possible thing you could hope for a is a future trap that instantly dismounts people. We aren't likely to see this probably for a least a few months.

>

> It's not difficult to dismount a player, take the toughness gear off and put on damage gear. Yes that would mean one is vulnerable, and one has to be very good to be able to back up their ganking, because in 1-3 hits their toast.

>

>

Do you really think sPvP about PvP ?

Last time i faced QQ they had SMC and they were hanging around in the sentry near wildcreek run with open arms waiting to fight people who wanted to fight no DE, Mirages or Soulbeasts like most people like to label as gankers, they were just there waiting for a fight.

People who like to PvP, are in WvW for the fight, not for the keeps,towers lords and ktrain.

SPvP is only about holding circles and the best case scenario you can have is a 3v3 with random people.

We just want to PvP with our friends the way we please

Its a kitten open world PvP map for god sakes

>

> Please, if roamers are so unhappy with the mount and the game mode, please quit and move to sPvP. I doubt anyone else will notice.

>

Unless you find sPvP really boring, in which case you quit the game and let it die off even more.. great solution.

> @"HazyDaisy.4107" said:

> The same could be said for the one that gets away too. I mean, we congratulate kill groups on their victories, regardless of how much they outnumber their opponent, but then we ridicule the runners. I think we need to give those guys more credit, because even if dying isn't painful, sometimes not dying is more challenging and a hell of alot more rewarding.

Except that in its current state, mounts make it far **too** easy to escape roamers that aren't running the cheesiest/burstiest of builds. It sort of just exacerbates the problem by forcing people to run even cheesier (which people hate) instead of more balanced builds.

> @"DeadlySynz.3471" said:

> > > @"Justine.6351" said:

> > > > > Ganking.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > You must be one of those that want PvP fully removed from the game mode.

> > > >

> > > > Anyone that hits you is a dirty ganker! I spent hours looking up the perfect zerg build and its ruined!!!

> > >

> > > The op is 100% describing ganking. 2v1 and 3v1 is what "kills" roaming, not warclaw as some like to parakeet.

> >

> > 2v1 is not even bad odds lmfao. You ever been zerged down before? Where's my anti zerg mount that auto WPs me back to spawn, I just can't handle dying.

> >

> > Sounds like you prefer dueling and kitten circles, which are ACTUALLY killing roaming **compared to a party of 2 or 3 looking for fights**.

>

> That's what PvP mode is for.

Wrong, not the same thing at all. PvP also has a completely different balance because of so many split skills that maybe some of us just prefer to be in WvW instead.

> This isn't roaming, it's ganking as described by others. Completely not helpful to the map or the group, but I know they don't care because they are exclusively in it to ambush people who generally wouldn't stand a chance That doesn't really work anymore. They'll have to implement things like the OP is suggesting to be able to continue to try and ambush people. Heaven forbid one would have to adapt other than lingering around in stealth trying to attack lesser numbers looking for easy kills.

Not helpful? Stopping respawning zerglings from reinforcing their tag isn't helpful? Adding to warscore isn't helpful? One kill = one tick of warscore from a camp. And I'm sure I can get more than 5 kills in the 5 minutes it takes for that camp to tick.

'I know they don't care because they are exclusively in it to ambush people who generally wouldn't stand a chance' I appreciate your attempt to appear impartial lol. 'It is what it is' is what you try to say, but your tone says 'Fuck you I'm so salty!'

> I understand; gankers don't like this, it completely eradicates their game play, but it is what it is. This is never going to change for as long as gw2 and WvW remain active. The best possible thing you could hope for a is a future trap that instantly dismounts people. We aren't likely to see this probably for a least a few months.

>

> It's not difficult to dismount a player, take the toughness gear off and put on damage gear. Yes that would mean one is vulnerable, and one has to be very good to be able to back up their ganking, because in 1-3 hits their toast.

It will change, when WvW gets less active one or two months down the road when the PvE people go away and those left realize that mounts have killed all the fights. I don't have to hope for anything, it's a video game, I just play it less.

Again with the assumptions, all of my builds are Marauder + Berserker. I can tell you right now the only toughness I run on any of them is 1 Cavalier ring on Revenant and 2 Knight accessories on Holo. My thief has 2750 power, 215 crit damage, Scholar runes, and can still only knock off 7k of mount health with Steal -> backstab, then they evade away to never be seen again if they're good enough to dodge the shadowshots. But yeah bro, real easy to dismount people /s. Not to mention that undeniable advantage the mounted person has when I've used my burst CDs just to get them to fight. If you don't see the problem, you're not looking hard enough.

> > @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > > 2v1 is not even bad odds lmfao. You ever been zerged down before? Where's my anti zerg mount

> >

> > Anti-ganker mount = warclaw

> > Anti-zerg mount = warclaw

> >

> > If you are a zerg player and can escape high mobility players while mounted, a high mobility roaming player can escape a zerg while mounted.

> >

> > I don't know why roamers don't get that, but I suspect they are purposefully ignoring it in order to try for 100% victimhood boon uptime.

>

> And what about those situations where roamers aren't mounted, because we were you know, fighting?? I love that you didn't consider the situation in which the mount 100% helps the zerg win every time lol. I could barely get away on shortbow dash daredevil, every other spec on every other class is food.

>

> I don't get why zergers don't get that your build is slow for a god kitten reason, because its literally the only disadvantage to the meta builds once they group up into a ball. And even THEN, the meta builds are faster than they have ever been before, with support FBs and Scourges both having a form of teleport.

>

> I don't get why zergers couldn't learn to stay on tag, nah instead everyone gets a motorcycle and fights are now considered 'toxic'.

>

>

>

> > @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > > 2v1 is not even bad odds lmfao. You ever been zerged down before? Where's my anti zerg mount

> >

> > Anti-ganker mount = warclaw

> > Anti-zerg mount = warclaw

> >

> > If you are a zerg player and can escape high mobility players while mounted, a high mobility roaming player can escape a zerg while mounted.

> >

> > I don't know why roamers don't get that, but I suspect they are purposefully ignoring it in order to try for 100% victimhood boon uptime.

>

> And what about those situations where roamers aren't mounted, because we were you know, fighting?? I love that you didn't consider the situation in which the mount 100% helps the zerg win every time lol. I could barely get away on shortbow dash daredevil, every other spec on every other class is food.

Zerglings dont see a missplaced roamer finds the zerg and tries to get away while 6 lb rangers chase you. Same as ganking but the other way around: it's part of the gamemode get over it

> I don't get why zergers don't get that your build is slow for a god kitten reason, because its literally the only disadvantage to the meta builds once they group up into a ball. And even THEN, the meta builds are faster than they have ever been before, with support FBs and Scourges both having a form of teleport.

It's easy, theorycrafting and buildforming dies by metabattle and updates. Skills have either hardcc, combo finnisher, support Specs, boomspam, soft cc or big damage (or multiple). They can Read their build from the internet and spam buttons

1. No need to learn rotations nonmetabuilds have(every skill has multiple uses)

2. No need to know terrainadvantage(unless you commander)

3. No need to know variables and counters(you can spam skills and have multiple effects per skill(

> I don't get why zergers couldn't learn to stay on tag, nah instead everyone gets a motorcycle and fights are now considered 'toxic'.

People want to get carried, people put on more qq when loosing a fight then effort to improve themself

> > @"Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497" said:

> > > > Ganking.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> > > Anyone that hits you is a dirty ganker! I spent hours looking up the perfect zerg build and its ruined!!!

> >

> > That's a strawman.

> >

> > A ganker focuses exclusively on killing players.

> >

> > A Roamer will kill players as they find them. But they actually do more than sit in one location and set up ambushes. They capture camps, join other zergs to help them take objectives. Run supplies. And inform their team about incoming forces.

>

> Sounds like a ganker is a roamer that stopped giving a kitten about score lol. Guess I'm a 'ganker'.

>

> The only time I remotely care about capping a camp is when enemies want it too. Or when dailies are up.

Yes you are. Just own it. Ganking has a dishonorable tradition going back decades. No need to pretend to be something you're not.

> @"Tiny Doom.4380" said:

> > > @"Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497" said:

> > > > > Ganking.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > That's a strawman.

> > >

> > > A ganker focuses exclusively on killing players.

> > >

> > > A Roamer will kill players as they find them. But they actually do more than sit in one location and set up ambushes. They capture camps, join other zergs to help them take objectives. Run supplies. And inform their team about incoming forces.

> >

> > Sounds like a ganker is a roamer that stopped giving a kitten about score lol. Guess I'm a 'ganker'.

> >

> > The only time I remotely care about capping a camp is when enemies want it too. Or when dailies are up.

>

> Yes you are. Just own it. Ganking has a dishonorable tradition going back decades. No need to pretend to be something you're not.

'decades' LOL

I don't care about being a ganker, seems like everyone else does though!

> > @"Tiny Doom.4380" said:

> > > > @"Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497" said:

> > > > > @"BeepBoopBop.5403" said:

> > > > > > @"Kylden Ar.3724" said:

> > > > > > Ganking.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > You're talking about ganking.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Roamers/Havoc actually help take and defend objectives.

> > > > >

> > > > > You must be one of those that want PvP fully removed from the game mode.

> > > > >

> > > > > Anyone that hits you is a dirty ganker! I spent hours looking up the perfect zerg build and its ruined!!!

> > > >

> > > > That's a strawman.

> > > >

> > > > A ganker focuses exclusively on killing players.

> > > >

> > > > A Roamer will kill players as they find them. But they actually do more than sit in one location and set up ambushes. They capture camps, join other zergs to help them take objectives. Run supplies. And inform their team about incoming forces.

> > >

> > > Sounds like a ganker is a roamer that stopped giving a kitten about score lol. Guess I'm a 'ganker'.

> > >

> > > The only time I remotely care about capping a camp is when enemies want it too. Or when dailies are up.

> >

> > Yes you are. Just own it. Ganking has a dishonorable tradition going back decades. No need to pretend to be something you're not.

>

> 'decades' LOL

Its true. Havent you seen the documentaries on D-day where German gankers tried to keep Allied forces pinned at spawn?

> @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > @"Tiny Doom.4380" said:

> > > > > @"Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497" said:

> > > > > > @"BeepBoopBop.5403" said:

> > > > > > > @"Kylden Ar.3724" said:

> > > > > > > Ganking.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > You're talking about ganking.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Roamers/Havoc actually help take and defend objectives.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > You must be one of those that want PvP fully removed from the game mode.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Anyone that hits you is a dirty ganker! I spent hours looking up the perfect zerg build and its ruined!!!

> > > > >

> > > > > That's a strawman.

> > > > >

> > > > > A ganker focuses exclusively on killing players.

> > > > >

> > > > > A Roamer will kill players as they find them. But they actually do more than sit in one location and set up ambushes. They capture camps, join other zergs to help them take objectives. Run supplies. And inform their team about incoming forces.

> > > >

> > > > Sounds like a ganker is a roamer that stopped giving a kitten about score lol. Guess I'm a 'ganker'.

> > > >

> > > > The only time I remotely care about capping a camp is when enemies want it too. Or when dailies are up.

> > >

> > > Yes you are. Just own it. Ganking has a dishonorable tradition going back decades. No need to pretend to be something you're not.

> >

> > 'decades' LOL

> Its true. Havent you seen the documentaries on D-day where German gankers tried to keep Allied forces pinned at spawn?

>

>

Oooh!

Everyone’s a ganker till they are the ones being ganked,let’s be real here guys. Solo players gank other solo players,Small groups gank solo or smaller groups and we’ve all had a third of a entire Zerg chase us down and roll over us even when solo so who cares?gues it’s ok for a whole Zerg to chase down one player to steam roll it but not solo or small groups lmao

> > @"Psycoprophet.8107" said:

> > Lol not in my server,zergers that have died are constantly ganking players during their return trip to the zergs and or roaming on them. Atleast before those niche builds/classes had weaknesses along side what made them good roamers,never mind thief did but gues if I’m honest soulbeast,mirage and holo didn’t lol nevertheless I feel like the risk of travel and engagements at any time are a very important dynamic to any open map pvp mode and mounts equate to to much safety while traveling

>

> So you're telling me that Marauder Scourges, Zerk Heralds and Zerk Eles are 'ganking' Soulbeasts, Mirages, and Holos on their way back to tag?

>

> If I, as a zerk Herald, using Hammer/Staff, tried to gank a Mirage or Holo, I suppose I could get lucky and burst them down, but if the fight were to last anything longer than a second, there is no way I can last against a skilled roamer. I'm just not built or geared for it, or frankly, practiced enough in 1v1 for it. If the issue is 3 zerg players ganked that Mirage, maybe that means solo roaming isn't viable any longer you should group up?

>

> Also, how do you know they were running zerg builds and not roaming builds, and were just running with the zerg?

>

> As someone who zergs exclusively (outside of doing dailies solo ofc), I can tell you that solo roamers are not my concern - the zerg is. My place is with them to help them fight against the other zerg, or break in / defend the objective. I'm not going to take the time to bother fighting some random player for a heavy loot bag, 2 badges and 5 charges of bloodlust. Even if I cared about KDR, 1 +/- makes no difference. Better I participate in a push with my squad that might lead to 15-50 +1s.

>

> Not. Worth. My. Time.

>

> Most serious WvW players would do the same, but of course everyone is free to do what they want.

>

> In any case, I fail to understand the problem, since they are only doing what you were doing to them a week ago? They are still wearing the same gear and builds, only now they can open on you with a 1450 pt attack. So instead of you attacking them, they are attacking you? You telling me the only way you can win a 1v1 is if you get the drop on them?

>

> I agree with what you are saying about the "risk", but that still remains: but only while in enemy territory. Maybe move your ambushes from outside of your enemy's spawn to back onto your territory, but on their path back to tag?

>

> > I don't get why zergers don't get that your build is slow for a god kitten reason, because its literally the only disadvantage to the meta builds once they group up into a ball. And even THEN, the meta builds are faster than they have ever been before, with support FBs and Scourges both having a form of teleport.

> >

> > I don't get why zergers couldn't learn to stay on tag, nah instead everyone gets a motorcycle and fights are now considered 'toxic'.

>

> And I don't get why roamers don't understand that when you previously fought a zerg player, you were at a significant advantage because your build was designed for 1v1, while the zerg player's was not? They were easy meat. I know, it's hard to conceive that maybe you're not as good at 1v1 as you think you are, solely because the people you were targeting weren't really an equal challenge to you in the first place.

>

> Why don't you roamers go and fight other roamers? Apparently that's all you guys want, is 1v1, right? So a roamer wouldn't run away on a mount, they would charge at you ready for the fight. Oh, but that might actually be a challenge for you though, and you could lose....gotcha.

>

You are correct that you cannot gank someone on your way back, because you are not a gang. But you, working with others, could gang kill (aka gank) someone.

> > @"Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497" said:

> > > > Ganking.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> > That's a strawman.

> >

> > A ganker focuses exclusively on killing players.

> >

> > A Roamer will kill players as they find them. But they actually do more than sit in one location and set up ambushes. They capture camps, join other zergs to help them take objectives. Run supplies. And inform their team about incoming forces.

>

> Sounds like a ganker is a roamer that stopped giving a kitten about score lol. Guess I'm a 'ganker'.

>

> The only time I remotely care about capping a camp is when enemies want it too. Or when dailies are up.

Just the kind of player WVW don't need ... players that don't care about the results of the game mode.

Thank you Anet for delivering mounts once again.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > @"Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497" said:

> > > > > Ganking.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > That's a strawman.

> > >

> > > A ganker focuses exclusively on killing players.

> > >

> > > A Roamer will kill players as they find them. But they actually do more than sit in one location and set up ambushes. They capture camps, join other zergs to help them take objectives. Run supplies. And inform their team about incoming forces.

> >

> > Sounds like a ganker is a roamer that stopped giving a kitten about score lol. Guess I'm a 'ganker'.

> >

> > The only time I remotely care about capping a camp is when enemies want it too. Or when dailies are up.

>

> Just the kind of player WVW don't need ... players that don't care about the results of the game mode.

>

> Thank you Anet for delivering mounts once again.

Could you remind me, what do we get If we win ?

> @"spectrito.8513" said:

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > Ganking.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > You must be one of those that want PvP fully removed from the game mode.

> > > > >

> > > > > Anyone that hits you is a dirty ganker! I spent hours looking up the perfect zerg build and its ruined!!!

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > A Roamer will kill players as they find them. But they actually do more than sit in one location and set up ambushes. They capture camps, join other zergs to help them take objectives. Run supplies. And inform their team about incoming forces.

> > >

> > > Sounds like a ganker is a roamer that stopped giving a kitten about score lol. Guess I'm a 'ganker'.

> > >

> > > The only time I remotely care about capping a camp is when enemies want it too. Or when dailies are up.

> >

> > Just the kind of player WVW don't need ... players that don't care about the results of the game mode.

> >

> > Thank you Anet for delivering mounts once again.

>

> Could you remind me, what do we get If we win ?

Blues and greens.

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > @"spectrito.8513" said:

> > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > @"Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497" said:

> > > > > > > @"Kylden Ar.3724" said:

> > > > > > > Ganking.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > You're talking about ganking.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Roamers/Havoc actually help take and defend objectives.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > You must be one of those that want PvP fully removed from the game mode.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Anyone that hits you is a dirty ganker! I spent hours looking up the perfect zerg build and its ruined!!!

> > > > >

> > > > > That's a strawman.

> > > > >

> > > > > A ganker focuses exclusively on killing players.

> > > > >

> > > > > A Roamer will kill players as they find them. But they actually do more than sit in one location and set up ambushes. They capture camps, join other zergs to help them take objectives. Run supplies. And inform their team about incoming forces.

> > > >

> > > > Sounds like a ganker is a roamer that stopped giving a kitten about score lol. Guess I'm a 'ganker'.

> > > >

> > > > The only time I remotely care about capping a camp is when enemies want it too. Or when dailies are up.

> > >

> > > Just the kind of player WVW don't need ... players that don't care about the results of the game mode.

> > >

> > > Thank you Anet for delivering mounts once again.

> >

> > Could you remind me, what do we get If we win ?

>

> Blues and greens.

Sounds nice!

But i can get blues and greens if i lose too.

Does it means that winning/losing doesnt matter?

> > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > @"spectrito.8513" said:

> > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > @"Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497" said:

> > > > > > > @"BeepBoopBop.5403" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Kylden Ar.3724" said:

> > > > > > > > Ganking.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > You're talking about ganking.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Roamers/Havoc actually help take and defend objectives.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > You must be one of those that want PvP fully removed from the game mode.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Anyone that hits you is a dirty ganker! I spent hours looking up the perfect zerg build and its ruined!!!

> > > > > >

> > > > > > That's a strawman.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > A ganker focuses exclusively on killing players.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > A Roamer will kill players as they find them. But they actually do more than sit in one location and set up ambushes. They capture camps, join other zergs to help them take objectives. Run supplies. And inform their team about incoming forces.

> > > > >

> > > > > Sounds like a ganker is a roamer that stopped giving a kitten about score lol. Guess I'm a 'ganker'.

> > > > >

> > > > > The only time I remotely care about capping a camp is when enemies want it too. Or when dailies are up.

> > > >

> > > > Just the kind of player WVW don't need ... players that don't care about the results of the game mode.

> > > >

> > > > Thank you Anet for delivering mounts once again.

> > >

> > > Could you remind me, what do we get If we win ?

> >

> > Blues and greens.

>

> Sounds nice!

> But i can get blues and greens if i lose too.

> Does it means that winning/losing doesnt matter?

I’m not touching that.. But ya know... those blues and greens may give you an extra 2-3 silver...

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > @"spectrito.8513" said:

> > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > @"spectrito.8513" said:

> > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > > @"Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497" said:

> > > > > > > > @"BeepBoopBop.5403" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Kylden Ar.3724" said:

> > > > > > > > > Ganking.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > You're talking about ganking.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Roamers/Havoc actually help take and defend objectives.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > You must be one of those that want PvP fully removed from the game mode.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Anyone that hits you is a dirty ganker! I spent hours looking up the perfect zerg build and its ruined!!!

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > That's a strawman.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > A ganker focuses exclusively on killing players.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > A Roamer will kill players as they find them. But they actually do more than sit in one location and set up ambushes. They capture camps, join other zergs to help them take objectives. Run supplies. And inform their team about incoming forces.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Sounds like a ganker is a roamer that stopped giving a kitten about score lol. Guess I'm a 'ganker'.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > The only time I remotely care about capping a camp is when enemies want it too. Or when dailies are up.

> > > > >

> > > > > Just the kind of player WVW don't need ... players that don't care about the results of the game mode.

> > > > >

> > > > > Thank you Anet for delivering mounts once again.

> > > >

> > > > Could you remind me, what do we get If we win ?

> > >

> > > Blues and greens.

> >

> > Sounds nice!

> > But i can get blues and greens if i lose too.

> > Does it means that winning/losing doesnt matter?

>

> I’m not touching that.. But ya know... those blues and greens may give you an extra 2-3 silver...

Woow !

And karma, lots of karma dont forget it!

I enjoy the warclaw as a roamer. Helps me get from A to B a little quicker. If someone on a battlekitty runs by me I'll jump off mine, mow them down (LB > warclaw) and pull out the 'ol GS and go to town. Unless they are built real tanky they are usually dead before they can get up from the knockdown from falling off the fightfeline. Professions (other than ranger cause LB) now will have to carry anti-calvary weapons if they want to spend the resources to knock someone off the crusadercat and get the advantage in a fight. That means people are going to have to make sacrifices in their builds which is AWESOME. It makes for a more diverse battle field. Diversity in game helps eliminate monotony and keeps things from getting stale. For instance if I was running warrior I might drop axe/shield for rifle and do frenzy->volly->kill shot to dismount someone.

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > Ganking.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Just the kind of player WVW don't need ... players that don't care about the results of the game mode.

> >

> > Thank you Anet for delivering mounts once again.

>

> Could you remind me, what do we get If we win ?

If the problem is rewards from WvW, that's a whole different issue unrelated to mounts.

> @"Zexanima.7851" said:

> I enjoy the warclaw as a roamer. Helps me get from A to B a little quicker. If someone on a battlekitty runs by me I'll jump off mine, mow them down (LB > warclaw) and pull out the 'ol GS and go to town. Unless they are built real tanky they are usually dead before they can get up from the knockdown from falling off the fightfeline. Professions (other than ranger cause LB) now will have to carry anti-calvary weapons if they want to spend the resources to knock someone off the crusadercat and get the advantage in a fight. That means people are going to have to make sacrifices in their builds which is AWESOME. It makes for a more diverse battle field. Diversity in game helps eliminate monotony and keeps things from getting stale. For instance if I was running warrior I might drop axe/shield for rifle and do frenzy->volly->kill shot to dismount someone.

Most can't do that at all. It's going to be really tough even with like .. Warrior rifle or something to drop someone off their mount. The mount has 3 dodges, remember, so even if you're right next to your target, by the time you dismount and start attacking them, they've already gained almost enough distance to escape your ranged weapons.

Ranger/Soulbeast is an exception because it both has ridiculously fast projectiles and bugged range (hits at like 1800+), it also has absurd burst to go with it (7k+ autoattacks, ~40k rapid fire combos). Other classes just can't throw enough burst fast enough to dismount someone who is intent on running away.

Condi does work, but again, you only get 1 shot at damage, so you need to do the 10k burst in a few hits before they're out of range.. and then you have to chase them while it ticks .. while they are mounted and you aren't, so they gain tons of distance on you. By the time they actually ARE forced to dismount, they've gained so much distance, they're out of combat and can waypoint if they choose.