Skyscale mount [Merged]

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now THIS I like! :D

I don't care if it is slower than griffon if it can climb cliffs and vertically ascend - that is the main thing I hate about griffon - "falling with style". The skyscale could be one of my favourite mounts if it can climb terrain and gain altitude like a helicopter.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> So basically, there’s now no more need to use Springer.

Nice I hated that bunny anyways.

I was waiting since before PoF release for a mount like this. I hope we immediately get a real wyvern skin with this.

Also, some ppl claim this works more like a "helicopter" as opposed to the griffon that works more like an "airplane"

Come on guys... Have you not learned from every other mount? In no way do they invalidate each other. Not even the Griffon can be used everywhere, sometimes the Springer is still the best way and sometimes it is the Raptor if you just need a short distance quickly without verticality. They most certainly have found a way to make it unique and useful enough to not do it with this mount either.

And stop the "another Griffon reskin" nonsense. That argument is dead on arrival.

Having a dragon mount is exciting! I just got the griffon so :/ I'm not super excited about it.... though I was wishing more for what we really need more... an underwater mount. But with this, I hope they release a wyvern skin in the gem store because if they do, it's a downright automatic buy from me!

> @"Adenin.5973" said:

> > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > So basically, there’s now no more need to use Springer.

>

> Nice I hated that bunny anyways.

>

> I was waiting since before PoF release for a mount like this. I hope we immediately get a real wyvern skin with this.

> Also, some ppl claim this works more like a "helicopter" as opposed to the griffon that works more like an "airplane"

Not just some people - Linsey Murdock from Anet said that in the article. Apparently it's slower than the griffon but will be able to gain height when taking off. (Presumably more than the griffon can from doing a wing flap on take-off.)

> @"Adenin.5973" said:

> > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > So basically, there’s now no more need to use Springer.

>

> Nice I hated that bunny anyways.

>

> I was waiting since before PoF release for a mount like this. I hope we immediately get a real wyvern skin with this.

> Also, some ppl claim this works more like a "helicopter" as opposed to the griffon that works more like an "airplane"

I dont dislike the mechanic, though. I started using the mount more since i got the aztec gecko. I really like that one

Now we're talkin' !

That gets me interested even more ! The continuation of the story to get a final episode for this season (and finally some sort of closure), and a new mount ? Color me impressed. The verticality of that mount will Definitely be interesting, I'm eager to see exactly how it works. I also want to see if it'll be a bit more sustainable in the air than the griffon is

My understanding is that if you are high and need to get from one area to another quickly, the griffon will still be king. The speed from diving is something that isn't going to be matched.

And springer is probably still going to be faster if you just need to get up some cliffs, since the video showed the skyscale having to do like little hops up the cliff, looks like cliff climbing on it will be slow.

I will probably use it even if it is slower though. Because aesthetic.

Ever since the beginning of Season 4, I have been wondering when would we have Aurene as a mount.

Now, with ArenaNet introducing a dragon mount, and considering how each time we meet a dragon in GW2 it's a big deal, looks like we will finally be able to ride Aurene.

It's an elegant solution. They could have just introduced a new Aurene skin for the Griffon, but that would have been a bit underwhelming. They could have introduced a new mount limited to a specific story instance, but that would be a waste of the resources required to program the new mount. Adding a permanent new mount, that we will get to experience as using Aurene, is a nice idea.

IMO, just like the Raptor doesn't make the Jackal redundant, I think the new mount won't make the Griffon redundant. It's nice to have options.

What I really hope for is a mount that can permanently fly and not 'drop'/lose altitude.

It won't be game-breaking if ANet introduces something like:

- No flying in JPs

- Special Mastery Points for flying per area, so you can't fly instantly as soon as new area releases; something similar to what FFXIV has for flying.

> @"kharmin.7683" said:

> > @"Adenin.5973" said:

> > I hope we immediately get a real wyvern skin with this.

>

> Wyverns aren't the same body type as dragons (and some could argue griffons are different than those two).

>

>

I mean, this mount uses the griffon body type.

> @"Erasculio.2914" said:

> Ever since the beginning of Season 4, I have been wondering when would we have Aurene as a mount.

>

> Now, with ArenaNet introducing a dragon mount, and considering how each time we meet a dragon in GW2 it's a big deal, looks like we will finally be able to ride Aurene.

>

> It's an elegant solution. They could have just introduced a new Aurene skin for the Griffon, but that would have been a bit underwhelming. They could have introduced a new mount limited to a specific story instance, but that would be a waste of the resources required to program the new mount. Adding a permanent new mount, that we will get to experience as using Aurene, is a nice idea.

>

> IMO, just like the Raptor doesn't make the Jackal redundant, I think the new mount won't make the Griffon redundant. It's nice to have options.

Secretly hoping for a griffin Skyscale combo as a secret Aurene mount so I can get the best of both in one. >_<