where the game goes

not sure if you feel the same. I actually missed playing with a lot of my friends pre-raids. playing this game since beta.. many many of my friends.. nice good players.. drop out not long after raids. Like others, I have been around and have been part of the many changes.

share how you feel about this game before and now and maybe.. hope

I've only done a couple of raids, when I was invited to a training group. Me and my friends just keep doing all the same kinds of things we did before raids were introduced (mainly open world PvE and story achievements for me). Like @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" I'm not sure why you feel you can't do that. Raids in this game are entirely optional, there's nothing you get from raiding which is required for any other content so if you're not interested in doing them you can just skip them.

The game goes where money goes. If money were to be found in hard PvE, then game would be heading there; if money were to be found inside PvP and eSports, then game would be going on that area; if money were to be found in large player battles or guilds versus guilds on special battlefields, then game would have been going in that direction.

The game is going where there is money to be made, because players like it easy and casual, and like any other company Anet needs profits to survive. Now let's enjoy the new dragon mount.

I liked the fantasy feel of vanilla. I miss playing with people who’ve played WoW. Now they play neither.

I liked the hardcore direction of HoT. Open world is still active and vibrant.

I like the QoL and LS of now. It’s definitely not filler when the big baddie is the strongest Elder Dragon.

Some of us are the kind that find a home in a game and dig in to stay there, some are the kind who enjoy the game for a while, then move to something fresh. I miss the guild buddies that have moved on....so silent in guild chat now. I would never have tried Fractals, WVW or dungeons if they hadn't dragged me along, and now they are gone. I kind of wish I could be the one to step into their shoes and drag guild newbies into new content, but that is just not me.

i like the game post-raids. the evolution of gw2 makes it interesting for me. pre-raids, all i did was WVW and fractals and i only had 2 or 3 classes: engineer, mesmer, ranger.

post-raids i now have all classes, all specs, all builds xD, (i did all this so i can find groups easily only to be chronojailed). but i still love all my toons (21 atm, soon to be 23), and initially i wasn't going to collect all legendaries, now I have all legendaries for every weapon (except greatsword)... but soon i will have that greatsword...

so yeah now my toons are like my children that i've raised and everyone is fullly geared to the max,

if everything gets tiring for me, theres always something else i can set a goal for, for example getting all the mount skins, or trying to get a chak egg sac.

i really like this idea of bonus events world boss rush, and looking forward to many more.

Idk, since hot the game kinda feel more stale and formulated than before. Thats not necessarily a bad thing but coupled with a weak late 2017-2018 content wise it can leave a number of ppl feeling alienated from the game.

Also everything that isnt lw has basically seen reduced support.

> @"Samnang.1879" said:

> i like the game post-raids. the evolution of gw2 makes it interesting for me. pre-raids, all i did was WVW and fractals and i only had 2 or 3 classes: engineer, mesmer, ranger.

>

> post-raids i now have all classes, all specs, all builds xD, (i did all this so i can find groups easily only to be chronojailed). but i still love all my toons (21 atm, soon to be 23), and initially i wasn't going to collect all legendaries, now I have all legendaries for every weapon (except greatsword)... but soon i will have that greatsword...

>

> so yeah now my toons are like my children that i've raised and everyone is fullly geared to the max,

>

> if everything gets tiring for me, theres always something else i can set a goal for, for example getting all the mount skins, or trying to get a chak egg sac.

>

> i really like this idea of bonus events world boss rush, and looking forward to many more.

Well Samnang different people I guess I had a very solid group of friends before raids.. all stop playing because raids were too consuming and brought the worse of people too. I wished we can reverse time, where we manage this differently. You are in NA and have a pretty good and positive leader. We are like pirate and pugging is our only option since our circle of friends all stop playing. As they just sick of the drama. Being single is easy. But the pre-raid was my prime. Actually gw1 HA was most fun.

I think for now, I would like to see more community friendly world boss events something that tie us all together.

I tried wvw, it doesn't last for me for many reasons. Anyway.. I will Come back to raids again if they release new one just for achievements but I won't be doing any more than what required to complete the achievement.

> @"Alin.2468" said:

> The game goes where money goes. If money were to be found in hard PvE, then game would be heading there; if money were to be found inside PvP and eSports, then game would be going on that area; if money were to be found in large player battles or guilds versus guilds on special battlefields, then game would have been going in that direction.

>

> The game is going where there is money to be made, because players like it easy and casual, and like any other company Anet needs profits to survive. Now let's enjoy the new dragon mount.

Fixing root cause problems resulting in long term success= long term profit vs ignoring root cause problems resulting in short term success=short term profit

![](https://i.imgur.com/aorkval.jpg "")

I miss the people who quit during the long content draught before HoT to never return. I miss the people who I remember from the first year of sPvP. And I now certainly know far more people who stay for the raids and Fractals rather than who quit because of that content.

> @"Talindra.4958" said:

> Well Samnang different people I guess I had a very solid group of friends before raids.. all stop playing because raids were too consuming and brought the worse of people too. I wished we can reverse time, where we manage this differently.

I fail to see how a certain game mode can be found guilty for this. Is there something in the game what forces you to play raids? No.. If your friends were unhappy playing them - why didn't they stop, and get back to doing whatever they had been doing prior to raids? If some people start to abuse booze, get addicted to the substance, don't want to do anything with their addiction, don't try to manage their life to make it better, and finally meet an early demise - is booze what needs to be made accountable for that?

> @"Alin.2468" said:

> The game is going where there is money to be made, because players like it easy and casual, and like any other company Anet needs profits to survive. Now let's enjoy the new dragon mount.

And who granted you powers to represent the community? There are quite a lot of people who don't want it "easy and casual", and actually don't see any interest in playing a "press X to win" kind of "game".

> @"MoriMoriMori.5349" said:

> > @"Alin.2468" said:

> > The game is going where there is money to be made, because players like it easy and casual, and like any other company Anet needs profits to survive. Now let's enjoy the new dragon mount.

>

> And who granted you powers to represent the community? There are quite a lot of people who don't want it "easy and casual", and actually don't see any interest in playing a "press X to win" kind of "game".

I agree to a point. However, the very casual nature of core Tyria, along with the hard nerf to HoT and how PoF (and subsequent LS chapters) seems to have been introduced at a level below HoT when it was released appears to point to Anet catering to what their statistics might show as a more casual than not player base. Couple that with the many threads here that practically ask Anet to produce content and rewards for free, to me, shows a community with that "press X to win" mentality. Granted, the forums represent a small sub-set of the entire base, and it may well be that there are many more hard-core players than we realize; however, only Anet has that information and we can only make judgements by what we see.

> @"MoriMoriMori.5349" said:

> > @"Alin.2468" said:

> > The game is going where there is money to be made, because players like it easy and casual, and like any other company Anet needs profits to survive. Now let's enjoy the new dragon mount.

>

> And who granted you powers to represent the community? There are quite a lot of people who don't want it "easy and casual", and actually don't see any interest in playing a "press X to win" kind of "game".

I think it is not necessary to say that I express my own opinion. I consider players (in plural) like this game easy and casual because of a simple glimpse at the PvP side of the game, which is about the same mode for 7 years (soon) and played alone in ranked. Now add WvW (other PvP) population to the equation, and just these reasons alone are enough to underline that players are mostly PvE with casual aspect in mind.

If you still think I am wrong, look at GW2Efficiency (no advertising intended) where you can see statistics and numbers that only a small percentage are extremely active, more than 90% being casual accounts with casual achievements... therefore GW2 is a casual game.

Because I strongly wish to not be considered as a community representative, I hereby state and sign, that this is my humble opinion and should not be considered as general opinion for all players. Thank you for your understanding.