Removal of boons in wvw for a week?

eoz.1834

No. One of my main builds is staggered boon steal plus modifiers from amount of boons. It's a fun build for choosing targets and trying to steal deep enough for full boon stacks as kind of a mini game. Boon cycling rate should get looked at but no boons would remove a layer of decision making that should probably be there for now.

> @"XenesisII.1540" said:

> Obviously it wouldn't make much difference to roamers other than like scrapper and soulbeast.

>

> Only groups not willing to charge are the ones who know they don't have the comps to survive first hits, but those guilds running 25-30 members and boon balling it up, it's no problem for them. You're still going to need stability to operate in melee range, and you're still going to need protection and resistance to ease all the amped up damage since HoT.

>

> I much preferred the days before hot when you actually had to used your defense skills, heals, condi clears, and boons at the right times, everything is just a spam fiesta these days.

I agree with the pre-HoT bit, the game is decidedly more faceroll for all professions since then.

> @"eoz.1834" said:

> Since we are testing "possible dual professions" in wvw as beta testers, what about removing boons in wvw for a week? Do you think it may results new style of gameplay and tame powercreep and bunker builds?

Basically this suggestion means "Spellbreaker only" for the entire game mode.

Yeah... great idea.

Only 1 boon makes this entire argument moot: stability.

Ever notice how you die if you are stripped or vorrupted of yoir stability at the beginning of a fight and your firebrand was asleep (or worse, your firebrand didn't apply it in the first place)? Imagine that, all the time.

A no scourge week might be a nice change to better times in WvW where people actually engaged in melee fights and you could see the floor instead of having to navigate a mine field each push. Maybe people would like it so much scourge could get a much needed rework.

> @"MLinni.6109" said:

> A no scourge week might be a nice change to better times in WvW where people actually engaged in melee fights and you could see the floor instead of having to navigate a mine field each push. Maybe people would like it so much scourge could get a much needed rework.

either that or rework on AoE stacking.

> @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > @"Edge.8724" said:

> > All these fancy events needs to go unless the game is properly fixed.

>

> Maybe that is the strategy? Create kooky events so by the time they are over, we are grateful to get back to 'normal' WvW.

Doesn't really work on the people who finally get fed up with anet and wvw and leave for good.