New Legendary Runes/Sigils alongside a Community Event

> @"Fenom.9457" said:

> But is there anything beyond being able to unequip them whenever you want? And maybe stat swapping?

I believe it's both functions.

Makes sense with the selected-stats gear reboot we had just a bit ago. And glyphs are already right-click-menu ejectable, so I wager Legendary Upgrades will integrate both UI elements.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"maddoctor.2738" said:

> > @"Rauderi.8706" said:

> > If https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gift_of_Upgrades is accurate at all, I'm severely disappointed. Again.

>

> Let's hope they either lower those values, add a proper way of getting those items, or not use that item at all. Otherwise it's useless.

Indeed. 250 is insane. I needed 36 for some the other day and I;d found I'd had 3 in storage since the big runes patch.

Wow, the post was so vague, and the example so unhelpful ... and I am thick enough to have no clue what the point is, unless it's to reduce the inventory space occupied by carrying multiple sets of runes. But since each set of 6 takes up only 1 slot, and maybe you want 2 or 3 or 4 or maybe 5 sets of runes on a character, the massive material sink accomplishes nothing but freeing up 1-5 slots in a bag? If I am right (and I hope I am not) this is not content that is useful.

So what am I getting wrong / not understanding / overlooking?

Confused.

> @"LucianDK.8615" said:

> Yeah, this looks to be completely ridiculous costwise already. Looking at 750g+ for a single gift of upgrade, and who knows what more you need for the rune? Far better just to create a second ascended armorset than wasting gold on this.

Or buying an [infinite extractor](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Endless_Upgrade_Extractor_Contract).

> @"ErikViking.2754" said:

> so it shows you every rune and you decide.

That's gonna be a huge drop-down list. I wonder if it will be faster than slotting runes/sigils on your legendary gear, rather than scroll endlessly to find the one you want.

Notice in the screenshot it's not just the name but all the stats of the rune, cluttering the screen. That UI is terrible

I appreciate the explanation (honest) but I struggle to see the value in the gold or time investment. It is not even clear to me if this is a real QoL improvement or not. I will sit back and enjoy my ignorance for a while, I think.

I really hope the previously announced Build Templates doesn't turn out to be as vague and wishy-washy as this seems to be.

> @"rabenpriester.7129" said:

> What the actual cat are you trying to do with these prices.

ANet isn't doing anything with the prices; your fellow gamers are doing that. Wait it out.

As with any new, coveted items in the game: early adopters are willing to overspend rather than be patient. Remember back when sigil|rune crafting was introduced? People complained and screamed about the price of Lucents.

Well guess what? The prices tanked, to the point that people complained that they weren't worth enough.

* Nov 14 2018: lucent crystals introduced and the market prices them at 5-7 silver.

* Dec 17 2018: 2-3 silver

* Feb 2019 through April: around 90 copper

* April through last week: 60-80 copper

The fact that prices are reaching 10s is entirely a result of panic. The supply dropped from ~450k last week to below 10k today. That's going to sit like that for a while and then people will start IDing blues and greens again. And, over a long period of time, once the novelty wears off, the supply is going to go back up. And prices will drop again.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @"rabenpriester.7129" said:

> > What the actual cat are you trying to do with these prices.

> ANet isn't doing anything with the prices; your fellow gamers are doing that. Wait it out.

So introducing a recipe that requires 250 of each isn't something Anet did? Players added that recipe?

> @"maddoctor.2738" said:

> > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > @"rabenpriester.7129" said:

> > > What the actual cat are you trying to do with these prices.

> > ANet isn't doing anything with the prices; your fellow gamers are doing that. Wait it out.

>

> So introducing a recipe that requires 250 of each isn't something Anet did? Players added that recipe?

Of course ANet did that part. We did the panic that is causing prices to spike. This happens every time there's a new shiny.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > What the actual cat are you trying to do with these prices.

> ANet isn't doing anything with the prices; your fellow gamers are doing that. Wait it out.

>

> As with any new, coveted items in the game: early adopters are willing to overspend rather than be patient. Remember back when sigil|rune crafting was introduced? People complained and screamed about the price of Lucents.

You do not understand the supply part of the supply and demand thingy.

> > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > @"rabenpriester.7129" said:

> > > What the actual cat are you trying to do with these prices.

> > ANet isn't doing anything with the prices; your fellow gamers are doing that. Wait it out.

> >

> > As with any new, coveted items in the game: early adopters are willing to overspend rather than be patient. Remember back when sigil|rune crafting was introduced? People complained and screamed about the price of Lucents.

>

> You do not understand the supply part of the supply and demand thingy.

The _current_ prices are a result of panic, not just actual supply or actual demand. In the future, the market will stabilize, and be driven primarily by supply and demand, not by the urge to get things "now" rather than later.

Further, while the faucet remains just as strong as it was before, the demand is largely temporary, just as it has been for a number of other shinies. It's more sustainable than e.g. Nullification sigils (since Requiem armor is once per account). But there's no limit to the amount of lucents produced and there is a limit to how many people and how many runes|sigils. Everyone playing generates lucents and symbols and charms; only some people playing are going to decide to get legendary upgrades.

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > @"LucianDK.8615" said:

> > Yeah, this looks to be completely ridiculous costwise already. Looking at 750g+ for a single gift of upgrade, and who knows what more you need for the rune? Far better just to create a second ascended armorset than wasting gold on this.

>

> Or buying an [infinite extractor](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Endless_Upgrade_Extractor_Contract).

Ain't that the truth, I bought one ages ago so this feature isn't so much use for me, if the price was reasonable I might craft a set of 6 runes and 4 sigils for the sake of having them but I doubt the prices will be reasonable.

As it is an infinite extractor will probably cost a good deal less than a set and with my Endless Upgrade Extractor and Permanent Bank Access I have all the runes and sigil versatility that I need.

> @"Erasculio.2914" said:

> > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > I am reading it that the only benefit is the ability to unslot at will?

>

> Sounds like it.

>

> In one hand, that's good - I was hoping there would be no stats increase.

>

> In other hand, I was also hoping they would have some kind of visual effect. Oh well.

>

I’m glad on both counts, personally! I feel that a stat increase would go against one of the game’s core principles. As for visual effect, considering how much I dislike the trinkets, I am glad there is none! Plus, imagine it combining with with someone already wearing legendary trinkets, weapon, maybe some auras — what a mess!

> Tell me anet, for whom is this update? Hardcore players that already have legendary armor and weapons (for cheaper) and can already swap freely? Casuals who don't even get their main stats right and don't have the gold anyways? PvPers who don't need it?

>

> What the actual cat are you trying to do with these prices.

It's a fair question. I've seen some chatter on Reddit, one from an obvious raider who has something like 10 different rune sets he keeps in his bags, and swaps them out when he changes the stats on his armor for different raid bosses. I don't see anyone who does fractals needing that many options (though I'm sure it exists) but for raiding it makes perfect sense. Also for some WvW players, they might run different rune sets based on their roles. For example, they might run full Zerk gear but want Durability Runes for WvW roaming, but then swap into Scholar runes for PvE.

It certainly isn't going to be for everyone, but then, Legendary items aren't as a general rule. But for those who want this type of QoL change, it is now available.

> @"Hashberry.4510" said:

> No room for them to do much without vertical progression (which I am not asking for). All they can do is add QoL, and upgrades can't get much easier.

I'll say this though: what sucks is that this pretty much kills the idea of incorporating runes/sigils into drop-down menus for legendary weapons/armor. They can't institute a system like that in the future if players have already invested in crafting legendary runes/sigils.

> @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

>

> It's a fair question. I've seen some chatter on Reddit, one from an obvious raider who has something like 10 different rune sets he keeps in his bags, and swaps them out when he changes the stats on his armor for different raid bosses. I don't see anyone who does fractals needing that many options (though I'm sure it exists) but for raiding it makes perfect sense.

Here is what I did on Chrono when I still played the class and game:

- Full Legendary Armor

- Full Legendary Weapons

I stacked 7 of each rune I needed and 3 of each sigil in an invisible bag. When I swapped my build with arcdps (raids, roles, open world, different wvw builds), it would use up all runes and sigils except for one, when I swapped back it would fill back up to a stack of 7 or 3 respectively. This way, my runes and sigils did not swap places in my inventory. It took me about 40 slots to comfortably do that and store everything I need for everything in the game in one inventory. Most of the slots went to one accessory, two rings and one amulet for each build, or a bit less if certain things overlapped (berserker gear in open world for example, even if I added some concentration at the armor).

So you pay for bag space with legendary runes and sigils, if you do have legendary armor and/or weapons. If you do not have those, why not craft them instead? And if you do not want to craft them first, then you should probably just play with different ascended gear sets anyways and take the bigger hit to your bag space.

Legendary runes and sigils would reduce the required bag space by about 10-15, I'd say. That's simply not worth the effort. This is not QoL. It's dumb.

That's why this is not for players who play a lot of builds on one main class. If you have multiple characters, things get even worse.

So the current implementation is just bad.

If you're a casual player, you're not interested in legendary runes and sigils anyways.

If you're in PvP it does not matter.

If you play WvW you have a legendary armor anyways, if not you'll most likely play one or two builds.

If you raid you are working on legendary armor.

Nothing much left when it comes to uses.