Buff the Warclaw in PvE!

I realy would like use it in PvE but EVERY other Mount can hit more players AND deal more damange plus an additional effect.

so basicly righ now you can remove it from PvE and realy no one would care.

i realy would like to use it.

An Idee would be: You can make an mastery tree for it like the other mounts got to unlock different attackt skills and you can choose what fits your class best.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"SpongebobsS.9427" said:

> I realy would like use it in PvE but EVERY other Mount can hit more players AND deal more damange plus an additional effect.

> so basicly righ now you can remove it from PvE and realy no one would care.

>

As @"Gop.8713" noted, it’s a WvW Mount and..

> i realy would like to use it.

> An Idee would be: You can make an mastery tree for it like the other mounts got to unlock different attackt skills and you can choose what fits your class best.

Those skills DO unlock. For use in WvW only because... surprise: it’s a WvW Mount.

>

>

This thread topic circulates back around a lot, so let me ask:

What would be bad about buffing this mount in PvE? What are some of the things you think could be broken or negatively impacted by that? Could the problems be solved by having the mount behave differently in a PvE map and a WvW map?

We've already got a good number of mounts established in the game; tweaking them seems like a better idea than just adding more.

> @"AgentMoore.9453" said:

> This thread topic circulates back around a lot, so let me ask:

>

> What would be bad about buffing this mount in PvE? What are some of the things you think could be broken or negatively impacted by that? Could the problems be solved by having the mount behave differently in a PvE map and a WvW map?

>

> We've already got a good number of mounts established in the game; tweaking them seems like a better idea than just adding more.

Psst: it’s not a PvE Mount. It’s a WvW Mount.

You buff it, then remove it.

> @"LucianDK.8615" said:

> Like other mounts having their place, warclaw is meant for wvw

That's just silly. The other mounts have their place because they all function differently.

Warclaw is the "WvW Mount" because it's the only one you can use there. No one would touch the warclaw if you could zip around on the raptor or teleport juke on the jackal. Not even gonna mention the others because they'd just break the game (even skimmer with it's long duration evade frames)

It's also the worst mount in PvE because it's the slowest, even moving slower than when fully traited in WvW which gives you a third leap

There's 0 reason they couldn't have just made it a functional clone of the raptor in PvE. That would have made it an even better enticement to get people into WvW.

As it stands, it has a terrible engage skill and works the same as the raptor except each leap moves you less than half the distance. There's no reason for this to be the case.

Setting a precedent like this could also give them the excuse to introduce new mount rigs without having to come up with a new gimmick each and every time. I'm not even sure what they could roll out other than one that moves fast under water.

> @"SpongebobsS.9427" said:

> I realy would like use it in PvE but EVERY other Mount can hit more players AND deal more damange plus an additional effect.

> so basicly righ now you can remove it from PvE and realy no one would care.

>

> i realy would like to use it.

> An Idee would be: You can make an mastery tree for it like the other mounts got to unlock different attackt skills and you can choose what fits your class best.

>

>

I like the idea.

I really like the look of warclaw, but it's not on my quick acess keybinds, as right now it serves no purpose.

The raptor is faster and jumps further.

The Jackal is also faster and has 3 teleport bars.

I would say yes, improve warclaw, if it is given the same 3 bars for jumping and is made faster, like the upgraded version in wvw.

So that way it doesn't undermind the other two terrestrial mounts, and it plays differently, yet useful in pve.

I still don't know if I'd use it though.

I like the raptor and jackal too much.

> @"AgentMoore.9453" said:

> This thread topic circulates back around a lot, so let me ask:

>

> What would be bad about buffing this mount in PvE? What are some of the things you think could be broken or negatively impacted by that? Could the problems be solved by having the mount behave differently in a PvE map and a WvW map?

>

> We've already got a good number of mounts established in the game; tweaking them seems like a better idea than just adding more.

The problem is that if it's useful in PvE it becomes another 'Gift of Battle' situation where PvE players who don't ever want to play WvW feel forced to go through the process of unlocking the warclaw (which looks like a long, complicated process if you're someone who has never played WvW) because it's useful and therefore they're at a disadvantage, however minor that might be, if they don't have it.

GW2 was designed so PvP and PvE are kept seperate to avoid exactly that - PvP players don't have to waste time levelling up and getting equipment in PvE before they're able to start their prefered game mode and PvE players don't have to worry about venturing into areas where other players will go out of their way to kill them to unlock stuff they need for their prefered game mode.

The Gift of Battle is an exception to that, but it's also only used for cosmetic items (legendary weapons and backpacks) so no one needs it to play any part of GW2, only to get skins which are designed to be long-term goals for 'end game' players, at which point it makes sense to require a bit of everything. A mount is different, especially if it's one which can be useful in PvE.

For what it's worth I will use my warclaw in PvE, because I like the way it looks and moves and I'm rarely in such a hurry that I actually need a mount. (My favourite land mount is the jackal - faster than running but slower than the raptor so I still get time to look around as I'm going along.) I think maybe it could be ok if the warclaw was the same speed as the jackal but lacked the teleport ability, but I'd be wary of adding anything more than that, because of that risk of blurring the lines between game modes.

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> > @"AgentMoore.9453" said:

> > What would be bad about buffing this mount in PvE?

>

> The problem is that if it's useful in PvE it becomes another 'Gift of Battle' situation where PvE players who don't ever want to play WvW feel forced to go through the process of unlocking the warclaw

If I'm reading this correctly, the issue would be that the player would feel the need to grind content that's not very fun for them in order to obtain a mount.

Isn't that already what getting the Skyscale and Griff is like for PvE players? I don't think Warclaw would ever rise to the level of 'prestige mount' (which makes me laugh every time I see it in writing), but would making it more useful in PvE really make it seem that much more necessary to obtain than it already does?

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> The problem is that if it's useful in PvE it becomes another 'Gift of Battle' situation where PvE players who don't ever want to play WvW feel forced to go through the process of unlocking the warclaw (which looks like a long, complicated process if you're someone who has never played WvW) because it's useful and therefore they're at a disadvantage, however minor that might be, if they don't have it.

>

How is nobody else seeing this???

Can you not just imagine the OUTRAGE amongst the PvE community at being "forced" into WvW in order to get a mount which, usually, a "PvE" thing?

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

>

> The Gift of Battle is an exception to that, but it's also only used for cosmetic items (legendary weapons and backpacks) so no one needs it to play any part of GW2, only to get skins which are designed to be long-term goals for 'end game' players, at which point it makes sense to require a bit of everything. A mount is different, especially if it's one which can be useful in PvE.

Gift of battle component was kept around for legacy reasons (IE, its the only thing its good for). Gift of Exploration dropped the WvW requirements for a pretty good reason..... strong match ups can lock out locations for weeks on end. GoB on the other hand still had high accessibility, and the time cost was more connected to your personal performance when it was a Vendor item; and is even more so now that its a reward track item that you can cheese via dailies.

------------

Posing a question to the OP though....... what would you do to make it unique without usurping another mount in the process? Its not worth the effort to just make it "on par" with another mount. Especially since mobility is the main differentiator between them, and the WarClaw purposely has the lowest mobility to be inline with the balance of its game mode.

• 4 weeks later...

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > @"SpongebobsS.9427" said:

> > I realy would like use it in PvE but EVERY other Mount can hit more players AND deal more damange plus an additional effect.

> > so basicly righ now you can remove it from PvE and realy no one would care.

> >

>

> As @"Gop.8713" noted, it’s a WvW Mount and..

>

> > i realy would like to use it.

> > An Idee would be: You can make an mastery tree for it like the other mounts got to unlock different attackt skills and you can choose what fits your class best.

>

> Those skills DO unlock. For use in WvW only because... surprise: it’s a WvW Mount.

>

> >

> >

>

>

If the mount is allowed in PvE areas so should the skills that it offers, otherwise the game should switch back to my PvE mount which is the raptor, rather than keeping me on my warclaw mount.

If the game allows me to use the gear - weapons and armor - and their upgrades, that I have earned in wvw and I bought from the vendors there, then it should do the same with the mount that I have worked so hard to upgrade.