Spirit weapons

One Kiss Away.9180

The Guardian had the Spirit weapons reworked which made them very useful and they were finally functional only to have them reworked again where they no longer follow the target and only have one trait. After the first rework the targeted opponent could not just step away from the weapon as it followed its target. Now when they are targeted at an opponent and the moves, the weapon was wasted.

> @"One Kiss Away.9180" said:

> The Guardian had the Spirit weapons reworked which made them very useful and they were finally functional only to have them reworked again where they no longer follow the target and only have one trait. After the first rework the targeted opponent could not just step away from the weapon as it followed its target. Now when they are targeted at an opponent and the moves, the weapon was wasted.

Imo they lack...

In first place, only sword is quite good, shield needs bigger uptime and better burn inside shield, hammer needs to happen faster, bow could hit 10 players,

Player need to be able to cast them freely, simce any action will interrup the SW activation, this needs to be addressed, the cast time is a burden due how weak SW are.

They still need a visual effect floating arround the caster. ;)

> @"One Kiss Away.9180" said:

> The Guardian had the Spirit weapons reworked which made them very useful and they were finally functional only to have them reworked again where they no longer follow the target and only have one trait. After the first rework the targeted opponent could not just step away from the weapon as it followed its target. Now when they are targeted at an opponent and the moves, the weapon was wasted.

Yes, that's how ground-targeted AoEs work...

SWs never should've been NPC minions.

• 2 weeks later...

Or the bow could cleanse like it did before and while this still wouldn't help it on the trait I could definitely see this being useful.

As a side note I still think that the benefit from the Eternal Armory trait should be different for each Spirit Weapon instead of just the burning( which is fine on the Sword but kind of lacking on the others overall).

Sword of Justice is the best version of any and all spirit weapons since they existed. The good old days were not good at all. The other spirit weapons do not work (the bow is a maybe), but they never did anyway. Most of the nostalgia is nothing more than day dreaming.

The old versions of SW by and large weren't very useful on average particularly when they had the short duration, along with the banished after the Command effect and the below average health pool. The only some what useful ones that I had found were the Shield for the Stun Break, and the Hammer for the knockdown and it's damage but even these were situational at best. Yes they looked thematically interesting but overall useful was rather limited. Speaking only from my experience they had also always had a targeting issue.

> @"RUNICBLACK.7630" said:

> As a side note I still think that the benefit from the Eternal Armory trait should be different for each Spirit Weapon instead of just the burning( which is fine on the Sword but kind of lacking on the others overall).

>

It is more than lacking.

Bow is totally ignored by this burning feature. It could add a regen on targetted allies for example.

Hammer burning is almost useless considering only one hit and less charges. Could be replaced by blind or weakness.

Shield almost the same as hammer...

I never got to play with the old spirit weapons that much, but they did look fun having these ghostly weapons follow you around, attacking stuff with you. Though I feel they should have been permanent pets, rather than duration based.

If they did bring back the old spirit weapons and made them permanent, they could make their command skills function much like how they currently do now. Ammo based ground target attacks. Maybe it could be the best of both worlds?

> @"Revanent.9715" said:

> I never got to play with the old spirit weapons that much, but they did look fun having these ghostly weapons follow you around, attacking stuff with you. Though I feel they should have been permanent pets, rather than duration based.

>

> If they did bring back the old spirit weapons and made them permanent, they could make their command skills function much like how they currently do now. Ammo based ground target attacks. Maybe it could be the best of both worlds?

They were not permanent back then. Also, only SoJ was of any use back then, but it did far less damage than it does now.

I honestly do not get the nostalgia. Everyone uses SoJ in PvE (it is best in slot for both power and condi builds) and yet some say they miss good old days when the never equipped SWs for anything, cuz they were absolutely useless.

> @"otto.5684" said:

> > @"Revanent.9715" said:

> > I never got to play with the old spirit weapons that much, but they did look fun having these ghostly weapons follow you around, attacking stuff with you. Though I feel they should have been permanent pets, rather than duration based.

> >

> > If they did bring back the old spirit weapons and made them permanent, they could make their command skills function much like how they currently do now. Ammo based ground target attacks. Maybe it could be the best of both worlds?

>

> They were not permanent back then. Also, only SoJ was of any use back then, but it did far less damage than it does now.

>

> I honestly do not get the nostalgia. Everyone uses SoJ in PvE (it is best in slot for both power and condi builds) and yet some say they miss good old days when the never equipped SWs for anything, cuz they were absolutely useless.

actually I had both the sword and hammer on my bar until they changed it.

Spirit Weapons: Set all to 3 charges and 25 second recharges.

Shield: Increase cooldown to 10 seconds, added stunbreak.

Bow: Increase cooldown to 10 seconds, added stunbreak to allies at location.

Hammer: Increase cooldown to 10 seconds, inflicts 10 stacks of vulnerability.

Sword: Removed vulnerability and cripple. Strikes apply burning and the skill is now a x4 whirl finisher.

Eternal Armory: removed recharge reduction and extra charges.

On Spirit Weapon casts, gain additional effects,

_Shield: Gain magnetic aura for 2 seconds

Bow: Allies at target location gain resistance for 2 seconds

Hammer: Also strikes 2 additional foes between you and target location

Sword: Creates a fire field at target location_

Idk just my thoughts.

> @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> the only change shield needs is to make the weakness proc instantly.

> would be nice if hammer hit 5 targets.

While that would be great, I think 5 targets would be a little over powered on the hammer. But honestly it should hit more than 1, perhaps 2 or 3 would be sufficient. I don't mind how shield procs but it does feel like it fails quite a bit. Currently, bow is the only one that doesn't get the burn buff when traited, so it really should gain something. I don't think stun breaks belong on the spirit weapons, although I can see why putting on the shield would make sense. Sword of Justice is perfect the way it is, honestly. I run it with my hybrid burn guard and it is fantastic. If it were buffed in any way, it would be quickly nerfed.

> @"Nordic Natedog.4360" said:

> > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > the only change shield needs is to make the weakness proc instantly.

> > would be nice if hammer hit 5 targets.

>

> While that would be great, I think 5 targets would be a little over powered on the hammer. But honestly it should hit more than 1, perhaps 2 or 3 would be sufficient. I don't mind how shield procs but it does feel like it fails quite a bit. Currently, bow is the only one that doesn't get the burn buff when traited, so it really should gain something. I don't think stun breaks belong on the spirit weapons, although I can see why putting on the shield would make sense. Sword of Justice is perfect the way it is, honestly. I run it with my hybrid burn guard and it is fantastic. If it were buffed in any way, it would be quickly nerfed.

I think hammer does hit 3.

> @"otto.5684" said:

> > @"Revanent.9715" said:

> > I never got to play with the old spirit weapons that much, but they did look fun having these ghostly weapons follow you around, attacking stuff with you. Though I feel they should have been permanent pets, rather than duration based.

> >

> > If they did bring back the old spirit weapons and made them permanent, they could make their command skills function much like how they currently do now. Ammo based ground target attacks. Maybe it could be the best of both worlds?

>

> They were not permanent back then. Also, only SoJ was of any use back then, but it did far less damage than it does now.

>

> I honestly do not get the nostalgia. Everyone uses SoJ in PvE (it is best in slot for both power and condi builds) and yet some say they miss good old days when the never equipped SWs for anything, cuz they were absolutely useless.

While I agree the old iterations were not good, a permanent minion skill type skinned as spirit weapons would be awesome. Guardian Minionmancer as next E-Spec, please!

> @"Justine.6351" said:

> > @"Nordic Natedog.4360" said:

> > > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > > the only change shield needs is to make the weakness proc instantly.

> > > would be nice if hammer hit 5 targets.

> >

> > While that would be great, I think 5 targets would be a little over powered on the hammer. But honestly it should hit more than 1, perhaps 2 or 3 would be sufficient. I don't mind how shield procs but it does feel like it fails quite a bit. Currently, bow is the only one that doesn't get the burn buff when traited, so it really should gain something. I don't think stun breaks belong on the spirit weapons, although I can see why putting on the shield would make sense. Sword of Justice is perfect the way it is, honestly. I run it with my hybrid burn guard and it is fantastic. If it were buffed in any way, it would be quickly nerfed.

>

> I think hammer does hit 3.

The in game text is wrong currently. It states Number of Targets 1 when it is equipped.

> @"Nordic Natedog.4360" said:

> > @"Justine.6351" said:

> > > @"Nordic Natedog.4360" said:

> > > > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > > > the only change shield needs is to make the weakness proc instantly.

> > > > would be nice if hammer hit 5 targets.

> > >

> > > While that would be great, I think 5 targets would be a little over powered on the hammer. But honestly it should hit more than 1, perhaps 2 or 3 would be sufficient. I don't mind how shield procs but it does feel like it fails quite a bit. Currently, bow is the only one that doesn't get the burn buff when traited, so it really should gain something. I don't think stun breaks belong on the spirit weapons, although I can see why putting on the shield would make sense. Sword of Justice is perfect the way it is, honestly. I run it with my hybrid burn guard and it is fantastic. If it were buffed in any way, it would be quickly nerfed.

> >

> > I think hammer does hit 3.

>

> The in game text is wrong currently. It states Number of Targets 1 when it is equipped.

Think the trait makes the text incorrect.

> @"Diak Atoli.2085" said:

> > @"otto.5684" said:

> > > @"Revanent.9715" said:

> > > I never got to play with the old spirit weapons that much, but they did look fun having these ghostly weapons follow you around, attacking stuff with you. Though I feel they should have been permanent pets, rather than duration based.

> > >

> > > If they did bring back the old spirit weapons and made them permanent, they could make their command skills function much like how they currently do now. Ammo based ground target attacks. Maybe it could be the best of both worlds?

> >

> > They were not permanent back then. Also, only SoJ was of any use back then, but it did far less damage than it does now.

> >

> > I honestly do not get the nostalgia. Everyone uses SoJ in PvE (it is best in slot for both power and condi builds) and yet some say they miss good old days when the never equipped SWs for anything, cuz they were absolutely useless.

>

> While I agree the old iterations were not good, a permanent minion skill type skinned as spirit weapons would be awesome. Guardian Minionmancer as next E-Spec, please!

Take my +1 sir!